Posted 3:00pm

Digital Comics Store Update (30th March 2011)

Blog Post 2011-03-28

Who’s next this week on PSP? You guessed it – Doctor Who!

IDW presents the critically acclaimed Doctor Who comic book series, featuring all-new adventures of Matt Smith, the Eleventh Doctor, the 10th Doctor, David Tennant, and classics from decades past. We have no less than 36 Dr Who comics for you to try! In Agent Provocateur, the tenth doctor and Londoner sidekick Martha Jones stop oppression, darkness, and evil spreading throughout the galaxies… But someone out there has the Doctor in their sights. Classics Volume 1 features the Fourth Doctor in adventures written by renowned talents Pat Mills, John Wagner, and Dave Gibbons (Watchmen). Also available is Doctor Who’s first ongoing monthly series – with all 16 issues of Volume 1 and the first issue of Volume 2. Including Doctor travelling to 1920s Hollywood where he befriends stars and, of course, discovers an alien plot. Check out the full list below for more Dr Who goodness.

The biggest House of M story is finally revealed in Civil War: House of M (2008) – how did Magneto take over the world? Christos Gage (Thunderbolts, House of M: Avengers) and Andrea Di Vito (Annihilation) reveal how the penniless refugee rose to conquer the entire planet…

The truth is out there! Join Mulder and Scully in X-Files: Volume 1, and follow the FBI Special Agents as they confront a killer computer program, face a secret UFO crash site, get captured by survivalists, and investigate a vicious serial killer and mysterious deaths …

Here is the full list:

• Van Von Hunter #11 TOKYOPOP
  • Wonder Woman Vol. 3 #27 DC Comics
  • World of Warcraft: Curse of the Worgen #5 DC Comics
  • X-Factor (2005) #3 Marvel
  • The X-Files: Volume One #1-7 Devil’s Due Digital
  • Y: The Last Man #34 DC Comics

Please visit www.playstationcomics.com for prices and to see the whole catalogue.

Enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

16 Comments 10 Author replies
Show oldest first

TheVVolf 30 March, 2011 @ 3:09 pm   1

Wow! Cool update :)

Any news on more Manga? (Vampire Hunter D, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Gantz, Naruto, , , , , )

Loving my PSP Comics, please let us know WHEN it is confirm for the NGP.

Pauline Martyn 30 March, 2011 @ 3:11 pm

Glad you like it! :-) Very excited to have Dr Who!
    For manga we currently have Tokyopop, Vampire Hunter D volume 1 & 2, and more by Markosia.
    We’ll definitely let you know when we have news on NGP.

Pauline Martyn 30 March, 2011 @ 3:12 pm

(Vampire Hunter D is by IDW Publishing)

HiddenAway 30 March, 2011 @ 3:15 pm   2

I could have sworn I’ve asked before but I’ll try again. Is there any chance of having bundles for the mangas so people like me don’t have to purchase 13 different episodes? ;)

I still haven’t read the one I bought. I have to switch PSP’s to do so and can’t find the time…

Pauline Martyn 30 March, 2011 @ 3:19 pm

Why yes – there’s a Vampire Hunter D Vol. 1 bundle in the store just for you. :-) Hopefully we will get a bundle for Volume 2 as well, but Vol. 1 & 2 won’t be bundled together as the file would be too heavy. It’s all in the Bundles section of the store, if you want to browse others – enjoy!

Silent_Gig 30 March, 2011 @ 3:26 pm   3

OOOhhh yes Pauline, gimi those comix!
Keep up the great work :]

HiddenAway 30 March, 2011 @ 3:27 pm   4

Nice try, but I was actually asking about “The Dreaming” ;)

(which I forgot to mention in my comment above, sorry!)

Pauline Martyn 30 March, 2011 @ 3:31 pm

Ahhh I see. ;-) Well, bundles are growing so hopefully we can bring you this one soon.

Carnivius_Prime 30 March, 2011 @ 3:37 pm   5

Very cool adding all that Doctor Who stuff. I particularly like the Matt Smith comics and the Classics reprints. And yay for another Transformers movie comic :D

Pauline Martyn 30 March, 2011 @ 5:12 pm

Yup we’re very happy to be adding Dr Who! :D And more Transformers.

yay, comics. ^_^

doctor who, nice.
funny how he always goes somewhere and then discovers some alien plot to take over the world or something.
i wonder if he ever goes somewhere, and somewhen, and just has a nice day out. :)
with the new series due to start soon there should be some interest.

more sonic, nice, did archie ever give any explanation for skipping over a hundred issues of the sonic book?
skipping to more recent issue is one thing but they’re still a few years behind the latest titles, and they started the new run on part four of a four part storyline, that was the most irritating thing.
still it’s good to get some more issues, they’re a fun read.

Pauline Martyn 30 March, 2011 @ 5:14 pm

Well in Agent Provocateur he’s on the hunt for the best chocolate milkshakes in the galaxy, so I guess he does have some spare time somehow. :-)
    We don’t have an explanation regarding Sonic unfortunately… Hopefully we’ll get more soon!

Shou_Kobayashi 30 March, 2011 @ 4:12 pm   7

Yeah Com… oh wait, never mind :(

Shadowdragoon 30 March, 2011 @ 4:23 pm   8

Oh Nice some interseting comics. Oh wait, because of less than competent upper management, no access.. (Hope you find this one more polite than the one last week).

Lets hope the mails I wrote have some effect.

The good old questions:
Release in Scandinavia/rest of EU?
Comics reader for PS3 (ofcourse this should only come AFTER rest of EU gets acces to the store).
And Crossregion gifting?

martyndevlin21 30 March, 2011 @ 4:37 pm   9

Still no Jurassic Park: Redemption #5? Any chance of seeing it soon? I’d also like to see the series after it called Jurassic Park: Devils in the Desert.

i cant keep up, house of M, dr who, transformers… And i just found my digital collection of 40 years of xmen on PC. Just too much to read. I’m still short of funds but atleast got plenty to keep me busy.
Great work with the store again.
One last thought;
I don’t think id use a ps3 comic reader but would be great to get a comic or two in PSplus, although i dont see that happening until we have a ps3 reader.

Pauline Martyn 30 March, 2011 @ 5:18 pm

Wow, you’re going to be busy! Good busy though. :D
    Thanks for the kind words! And for the feedback, I don’t know what is happening regarding PS Plus but I’ll keep an eye out.

GhostViper 30 March, 2011 @ 5:12 pm   11

Oh wow, Doctor Who. I’m a big fan :D Now I wished this came out in Norway. But I’l comfort me with the new Doctor Who trailer for series 6 that’s out today :)

Pauline Martyn 30 March, 2011 @ 5:19 pm

Aw sorry we can’t bring you the comics… :-(
    Hope you enjoy Series 6 then! :-)

thanks, im only on issue 30 of over 500 just counting uncanny xmen. Whats worse is its now making me want to read pretty much every marvel comic to get the background on crossover characters like the Avengers. I dont think i appreciated comics before, but the characters, storylines and art are great even back in the 60′s. The only thing thats a bit funny as they hav to use thought bubbles to explain all the powers rather than assuming you know that Magneto is moving metal with his power. Something along the lines of ‘aha, i will manipulate the earths magnetic field using my power of magnetism to move that metal and create a barrier to protect myself’

Wraith_Bringer 30 March, 2011 @ 6:55 pm   13

Howdy peeps!

Can someone kindly update me on how it’s going requesting Transmetropolitan from DC?

Also another request, whats the chances of getting Shadowman V.2 from Valliant, the comics based on the PS1 game?

Looking to see a reply. ^^

Thanks for your help as always guys.

SeaBeorn 30 March, 2011 @ 10:45 pm   14

Still hasnt changed the Q&A on the forum or the homepage.

The information there is still that you want to launch in more countries. But maybe you want to be dishonest and fool people.

Because havnt you followed this blog is is hard to know what you have decided.

GarionUK 31 March, 2011 @ 1:36 pm   15

Cool update
I’ve been hunting for IDW Doctor Who Comics for ages now. Cant find them anywhere in UK Comic Shops.
So big thumbs up to you all for bringing them to us by the PSP
Will be downloading them soon.

Quick Question: Will you be releasing “Dr Who – The Forgotten” as this features all 10 Doctors and looks really good ?

Now where did I put that Sonic Screwdriver :-)

Carnivius_Prime 2 April, 2011 @ 5:12 pm   16

@GarionUK The Forgotten is pretty poor unfortunately. It comes across as bad fan fiction with really patchy art. Plenty of the other Who comics make good reading though.