Posted 2:00pm

‘Heads-Up’ Game Store Update – SCEE Spring Offers 2011

'Heads-Up' Game Store Update - SCEE Spring Offers 2011

As a friend of mine once said:

“Spring is sprung, the grass is ris’ – I wonder where the birdies is?”

He was a terrible poet. Absolutely none of which leads me to the announcement of our SCEE Spring Sale. Unless you’re in Australia or New Zealand, in which case this is, somewhat confusingly for the rest of us, an Autumn Sale.

Before you browse the full list I’ll fling some highlights your way, such as one-third off Digital BD titles, Borderlands, Assassin’s Creed II and God of War Collection.

We’ve got all manner of deals on PSN titles, ranging from 25-50% off, including some even better deals on content that was available in the Festive and January Sales, like Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, Ferrari: The Race Experience and Worms 2: Armageddon. But if you’ve already snagged those then don’t despair; we’ve got offers on content we’ve never discounted before too – Blade Kitten, Watchmen: The End is Nigh Parts One & Two and the sublime, side-scrolling Söldner-X games.

If you’ve yet to unravel the mysteries of Little Riddle, Relentless have made the first episode of Blue Toad Murder Files absolutely free for the next two weeks. If you find you’re having the time of your life with it, you can also grab the Full Season Upgrade (episodes 2-6) for less than €9.

Alongside some other great PSP titles you won’t want to miss, we’ve got LittleBigPlanet PSP at 50% off regular store price. But that’s only half the story. In keeping with our pals over at SCEA, you’ll find all the premium LittleBigPlanet PSP DLC has now been permanently reduced to £0.79/€0.99 per pack – add that to all those free costume packs and you will agree that now’s the time to sample the delights of LBP on your handheld.

And we’ve handpicked a few choice minis as well, including 50% off Angry Birds.

Third-party special offers will be available from tomorrow when the Store updates, and first-party products will go on offer from Thursday morning.

Enjoy everyone, we now return you to our regularly scheduled programming.

PlayStation Store (via PS3, PSP and Media Go)

Spring Offers (PS3)

(Offer prices available until the 27th April)

• Lunar: Silver Star Harmony – (was – £15.99/€19.99 now – £9.99/€12.99)
  • PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX – (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
  • Worms 2: Armageddon – (was – £11.99/€14.99 now – £6.29/€7.99)
  • Worms 2: Armageddon Battle Pack – (was – £3.19/€3.99 now – £1.99/€2.49)
  • Noby Noby Boy – (was – £3.19/€3.99 now – £1.99/€2.49)
  • Invincible Tiger: The Legend of Han Tao – (was – £9.99/€12.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
  • PowerUp Forever – (was – £6.29/€7.99 now – £2.39/€2.99)
  • Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer – (was – £6.29/€7.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
  • Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype – (was – £9.99/€12.99 now – £5.10/€6.49)
  • Blade Kitten – (was – £7.19/€8.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
  • Space Invaders: Infinity Gene – (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
  • Ferrari: The Race Experience – (was – £11.99/€14.99 now – £5.49/€6.99)
  • Borderlands – (was – £23.99/€29.99 now – £15.99/€19.99)
  • Watchmen: The End is Nigh Part One – (was – £12.99/€16.99 now – £7.19/€8.99)
  • Watchmen: The End is Nigh Part Two – (was – £12.99/€16.99 now – £7.19/€8.99)
  • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light – (was – £9.99/€12.99 now – £5.10/€6.49)
  • Blue Toad Murder Files Episode One – (now free)
  • Blue Toad Murder Files: Season Upgrade – (was – £8.99/€11.25 now – £7.19/€8.99)
  • Premier Manager – (was – £13.99/€17.99 now – £7.19/€8.99)
  • HamsterBall – (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
  • Ricochet HD – (was – £6.29/€7.99 now – £3.19/€3.99)
  • Assassin’s Creed II – (was – £23.99/€29.99 now – £17.49/€21.99)
  • Voodoo Dice (PS3 version) – (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £5.49/€6.99)
  • Cell Factor: Psychokinetic Wars – (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £5.49/€6.99)
  • Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game + Knives Chau Add-on Bundle (£7.99/€9.99)

The following PS3 offers will be available from Thursday, 14th April

• God of War HD Collection - (was – £23.99/€29.99 now – £14.99/€19.99)

Spring Offers (PSP)

(Offer prices available until the 27th April)

• Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands – (was – £23.99/€29.99 now – £15.99/€19.99)
  • NBA 2K11 – (was – £23.99/€29.99 now – £15.99/€19.99)
  • Worms: Battle Islands – (was – £15.99/€19.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
  • Half Minute Hero - (was – £11.99/€14.99 now – £6.29/€7.99)
  • Michael Jackson: The Experience – (was – £23.99/€29.99 now – £17.49/€21.99)

The following PSP offers will be available from Thursday, 14th April

• God of War: Chains of Olympus - (was – £14.99/€19.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
  • God of War Ghost of Sparta – (was – £19.99/€24.99 now – £11.99/€16.99)
  • ModNation Racers - (was – £21.99/€26.99 now – £11.99/€14.99)
  • Twisted Metal: Head On – (was – £14.99/€19.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
  • LittleBigPlanet PSP – (was – £14.99/€19.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
    • Fruit Salad – Level Kit
    • The Wedding Theme – Level Kit
    • The Wilderness Theme – Level Kit
    • Turbo! Premium Level Kit
    • Unidentified Sacking Objects – Level Kit
    • Wild West – Level Kit
    • Yuletide Sack Level Kit

All LittleBigPlanet PSP billable level kits are now reduced permanently to £0.79/€0.99

Spring Offers (PS3 & PSP)

(Offer prices available until the 27th April)

• Paper Wars: Cannon Fodder (mini) – (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £0.99/€1.19)
  • Mad Blocker Alpha: ROTF (mini)- (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £0.99/€1.19)
  • Edge (mini) – (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £0.99/€1.19)
  • Space Shooter for 2 Bucks (mini) – (was – £1.74/€1.99 now – £0.99/€1.19)
  • Angry Birds (mini) – (was – £2.49/€2.99 now – £1.24/€1.49)
  • Rayman (PSone) – (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £2.99/€3.59)

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

104 Comments 21 Author replies
Show oldest first

DJbruce92 12 April, 2011 @ 2:05 pm   1

Kinda hoping Dead Nation would go on sale. I mean the US had it on sale.

AcidCrashX 12 April, 2011 @ 2:07 pm   2

awesome. everyone should buy PacMan as its made of win.

Ross McGrath 12 April, 2011 @ 3:14 pm

I know, right? Part of you thinks, “Oh, it’s just PAC-MAN for goodness’ sake, how good can it be?” And then you play it and you’re all like “Whoa!” and stuff. Epic.

ConvStation 12 April, 2011 @ 2:07 pm   3

Hey Ross, I recently bought the Xperia play and was wondering how come I cannot sync minis and ps1 classics from my psn account to it? or how come I cannot log into to psn with the play for that matter?

is this planned for the a future update?

Osahi_be 12 April, 2011 @ 2:07 pm   4

Nice of you to drop some prices. All the ones that appeal me I already bought on release or when a previous sale brought joy to us. Had hoped that telltame would lower the price of Sam & Max (about 25 euro’s is just a tad too much for me), but I had hoped wrong. Ah well, have yet to finish BTTF2 so no worries.

Any news on a Beyond Good & Evil HD release date yet?

Ross McGrath 12 April, 2011 @ 3:21 pm

It’s out during the first publish in May – this was announced when Plus refreshed by Mr. Thorpe – there’s a day-one discount for Plussers.

DKShadow 12 April, 2011 @ 2:09 pm   6

I’m picking up Blue Toad. I already own everything else of interest to me.

Nice update, will be picking up a few things

Any news on the Pink Knight DLC for Castle Crashers?

andy08ps 12 April, 2011 @ 2:11 pm   8

borderlands was thinkin about getting it
does the psn version require a internet connection to play?

Ross McGrath 12 April, 2011 @ 3:23 pm

I dunno about that but you’d sure need an Internet connection to download it in the first place. :)

GaiaScythe 12 April, 2011 @ 2:14 pm   9

yes … God of war ->bought

waiting for Dissidia 012 DLC

dan1com5 12 April, 2011 @ 2:19 pm   10

Is this available now or is this part of tomorrows update?

Ross McGrath 12 April, 2011 @ 3:24 pm

Third-party stuff is on sale from tomorrow when the Store updates, all the SCEE owned bits and pieces will be available from Thursday morning.

AaronSOLDIER 12 April, 2011 @ 2:22 pm   11

Awww was hoping for The Secret of Monkey Island

RemyX-1988 12 April, 2011 @ 2:25 pm   12

Blade Kitten, Pac-Man: Championship Edition DX and perhaps Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light for me! :D

Pacman_Ownage 12 April, 2011 @ 2:29 pm   13

Space Invaders has me tempted :3

…oh so very tempted… I’ve heard it’s… ‘out of this world’

:D!!

Ross McGrath 12 April, 2011 @ 3:24 pm

That’s another one of those insidious titles where you wonder how good it can possibly be, then it turns out to be life-stealingly addictive.

p4zinho331 12 April, 2011 @ 2:31 pm   14

@andy08ps:

I don’t think you need an internet connection for Borderlands, well obviously you do if you want to play online with friends but its single player too so you should be ok.

RE: Sale. Might pick up Pac Man, disappointing overall though, plenty of discounts no doubt but I was hoping for discounts on Braid, Trine and Borderlands DLC. Oh well.

Death_Seaker3000 12 April, 2011 @ 2:33 pm   15

good deals on the bargains :) looking forward to the store update tomorrow. :)

VictorAnalogy 12 April, 2011 @ 2:34 pm   16

Very tempted by Lara Croft.

Xenostar 12 April, 2011 @ 2:35 pm   17

Im sure mod nation on PSP was never 21.99? You sure thats right?

ShadowDoGGG 12 April, 2011 @ 2:35 pm   18

God of War HD Collection – (was – £23.99/€29.99 now – £14.99/€19.99)

Not bad at all

ShadowDoGGG 12 April, 2011 @ 2:37 pm   19

What about if I had already started playing it with a rented copy and I buy this digital version. Can I start where I left off?

Shou_Kobayashi 12 April, 2011 @ 2:44 pm   20

Wow,

this time I came with applause and not critique.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light was on my Radar and I’m gonna get it to play locally with my brother – so yeah to that.

Maybe I get some other games on the way. 27th of April here I come :).

Oh and tomorrow is going to be the Might & Magic Clash of Heroes day for me :D

vherostar 12 April, 2011 @ 2:44 pm   21

@convstation you can’t transfer classics or minis to xperia play if u want ps1 classics for it you gotta buy them separate I think from Android store but u cannot download ur psp games sorry

xchris2008x 12 April, 2011 @ 2:46 pm   22

@19

yes it will work

Bjarno86 12 April, 2011 @ 2:50 pm   23

@Shou_Kobayashi

The offers will go live tomorrow, but will last until the 27th ;)

valkyrio 12 April, 2011 @ 2:51 pm   24

No Dead Nation ???

Come on Sony, the guys over at the US blog promised us that we would get a 50% discount on it too :(

Hell-Raiser-85 12 April, 2011 @ 2:52 pm   25

Nice i love sales. What time are the codes being sent out for the infamous 2 beta?

Jamie453 12 April, 2011 @ 2:52 pm   26

It will be great to pick up the Blue Toad episodes for free :)

To anyone who can answer, are the Infamous 2 UGC codes still being emailed today? If so have they? Id love to know if i got in or not :)

Ross McGrath 12 April, 2011 @ 2:57 pm   27

You should always feel free to suggest your requested items for PSN Sales. I use your feedback on the blog to approach publishers and arrange these discounts, so ‘if you request it, it will come’. Just not necessarily right away!

Some of the items you have already mentioned in the comments are in the pipeline.

l_skynet_l 12 April, 2011 @ 2:58 pm   28

Some good offers there. Glad I saved some money in my PSN wallet :D

VitalogyPJ 12 April, 2011 @ 2:59 pm   29

God of War Collection should be cheaper than that. I can get the Bluray version for less than €19.99 which means that electronic version, that has no case and paper manuals etc., should be cheaper!

mcwildcard 12 April, 2011 @ 3:01 pm   30

I bought a PSPGo last week and you’ve managed to cover the majority of games I was trying to figure out whether to buy or not!
It’s almost as if this sale is just for me! ;o)

Nauraph 12 April, 2011 @ 3:03 pm   31

Some nice offers. ^^
Any clue when we’ll get Parasite Eve 2 over here in the Netherlands?

MidnyteWolf 12 April, 2011 @ 3:14 pm   32

Lara and Kratos, perfect match ;-)

ROBERTWARNES 12 April, 2011 @ 3:19 pm   33

Nice of you to take into consideration of Australians and New Zealanders. It’ll be funny seeing Spring Sale on my TV in Autumn (unless you took that into account). Discounts on PS1 games will win my heart as usual.

Ross McGrath 12 April, 2011 @ 3:38 pm

It ‘should’ have been taken into account, if my request to our creative team is fulfilled. :)

MrLopes 12 April, 2011 @ 3:24 pm   34

Hi Ross,

Did somebody get back to you about MLB the show 11.. :D

Martingutten 12 April, 2011 @ 3:25 pm   35

What I’ll get:

Söldner-X (maybe 2)
Space Invaders: Infinity Gene
God of War HD Collection (will it be 160NOk, as is should or will you bump it up to 199 as you allways do?)
and maybe LBP psp

Love sales, have bought over 220 games on Steam on sales (have a whooping 250 there)Probably have 20 games on my PSN now I would never have bought if it hadn’t been for sale! So, a game sold in a sale is not 50/66/75% revenue lost, but 50/44/25% revenue gained that you would never had got anyway! :D

Btw, ross, did you find out anything about the pricing on the NFS:HP dlc bundle in norway? the price make no sense. FIx the price of remove the product.

zhavony 12 April, 2011 @ 3:26 pm   36

It’s not too relevant, but when will you send out the infamous 2 beta codes? =/

mcwildcard 12 April, 2011 @ 3:33 pm   37

@Ross: Well if this is done just for me, then you forgot to discount PES 2011!! ;o)

Seriously though, good work on these, the PSPGo is getting hammered because of the unrealistic pricing by publishers (see the price for FIFA10 vs FIFA11), that’s why I got mine for £70 second hand. I figured that it wouldn’t trouble me so much, as I’ve got nearly a year of PS+ minis and PSOne games to stick on it, but there’s no substitute for a ‘proper’ PSP title!

Martingutten 12 April, 2011 @ 3:34 pm   38

I would love to see some of the PSP RPG’s on sale! Lunar, ZHP, Cladun YS games and many more. They cost a bit more in Norway than in the rest of EUrope, so I have refused to buy them out of spite (the old €19=199NOK that third parties AND scee force on us). Maybe I’ll finaly buy them if the go on sale :D

Also, would love if you could head over to the Square (sadly not Soft) HQ and force them to release FFVII:CC to PSN, I can’t get an hand on it =/

Ross McGrath 12 April, 2011 @ 3:55 pm

Your wish is granted:
    Lunar: Silver Star Harmony – (was – £15.99/€19.99 now £9.99/€12.99)
    How’s that for service?

VitalogyPJ 12 April, 2011 @ 3:35 pm   39

“Of you go then, I’m not stopping you!”

Dear sir, I was just pointing something logical and kinda important and what I get is this disregard and kinda arrogant statement.

I know you’re not stopping me, don’t need you to tell me that, in fact nobody is, but I guess the lack or arguements against what I said reflected in a total disregard. Nice way to treat a consumer that helps to pay your salary.

Ross McGrath 12 April, 2011 @ 4:50 pm

I don’t set the price of the games, I merely take it upon myself to arrange for them to be discounted by as much as our finance department will allow for your benefit.

I apologise if when I’ve gone out of my way to provide you all with a better consumer experience, I am a touch flippant (in a good natured way) to the person who comes into the conversation to tell me my efforts were not worth it.

If you’re actually interested in finding out what effects the cost of a digital version of a retail game, I would advise you to type “why are digital versions of retail games more expensive?” into your favourite search engine. I think you would find it entlightnening.

BloodMountain88 12 April, 2011 @ 3:42 pm   40

Out of curiosity, is the version of Borderlands on the Store the standard game, or the GOTY edition. Because if it’s the latter, that’s a pretty good price :D.

Will definitely be getting one of the Soldner X games aswell.

BlackZam 12 April, 2011 @ 3:46 pm   41

I was hoping for a discount on Tetris for PS3 and maybe Risk.

almighty-slayer 12 April, 2011 @ 3:50 pm   42

Almost gave me a heart attack there. I thought it was wednesday and i had somehow missed a day! Never do that again! ;)

Some neat offers there Ross. Looks like you’re going to be stealing more of my cash :(

Jamie453 12 April, 2011 @ 3:52 pm   43

@36 @25
Its good to know im not the only person who hasn’t heard anything from it!

Ive been waiting in my house all day for any word about it! lol

Carnivius_Prime 12 April, 2011 @ 3:55 pm   44

Thanks for finally doing a price reduction on the first Watchmen game. I really enjoyed the second one (bought that one cos it was cheaper) and loved playing it with my now ex and I’ve got the first one downloaded for ages waiting for the unlock code.

Space Shooter For 2 Bucks is one of the most enjoyable lil shooters I’ve played. I got it for free on Plus but it’s well worth buying.

Darlo-Richie 12 April, 2011 @ 4:05 pm   45

Ross, I know this is off-topic but I’m interested to know the status of the Monkeypaw import PSone games that you said were incoming towards the end of last year. Are they in the same boat as the other non-PAL PSone games?

Ross McGrath 12 April, 2011 @ 4:38 pm

Unfortunately, yes, it’;s the same issue. I am almost ready to talk about it again and I appreciate that you’ve all had to wait quite a while – the wait will hopefully be worth it.

OniEyes 12 April, 2011 @ 4:09 pm   46

Awesome deal on GoW collection. that is most defiantly mine (digital PS3 games FTW! …I also already own Chains of Olympus UMD, but at £8, the digital version is mine too :D

Thanks for a great sale Ross, and to all the whiners who always cry about the US store being better, take a look at their epically lame excuse of a spring sale.

VictorAnalogy 12 April, 2011 @ 4:11 pm   47

Not like that Ross. I just meant because she’s cheap. ;)

Hi Ross,

Here’s a few games that I’ve been considering purchasing lately but a sale would swing me right off the fence. ;)

- Comet Crash
- Joe Danger (I missed the sale at new year because I was away on holiday!)
- some good PS1 sales is always nice :D

Btw, any update on PS1 Spyro?

Thanks :)

Datastream1974 12 April, 2011 @ 4:22 pm   49

Hi Ross,

When can we play Dino Crisis, would like to play again. At what stage is it at Sony. Best regards from the Netherlands.

RedBullRacer 12 April, 2011 @ 4:35 pm   50

Man I’m gonna be skint, loads of these I’m buying. I love sales :)

Load all