Posted 12:00pm

Music Unlimited Powered By Qriocity Now Available On PSP

It’s my pleasure to officially announce that Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity is now available for PSP in the following countries: UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Australia and New Zealand.

As you can see from the image below, the interface is just as slick as on the PlayStation 3. In addition, you can access the service on Sony’s 2010 and 2011 models of network-enabled BRAVIA TVs, Blu-Ray Disc players, Blu-Ray Disc Home Theatre systems as well as VAIOs and other PCs.

PSP_3000_with_Q_music

In previous posts about the service, many of you have asked about mobile capability and this is one step closer to being able to take the service with you on the go.

Through the service, you can access more than seven million songs. With the premium service offering, you can also search and access all music tracks at any time and access dozens of music channels spanning a variety of genres, moods and eras, and create playlists. .

By studying users’ listening habits and incorporating their preferences, the service delivers dozens of personalized music channels uniquely tailored to your tastes, and because the service offers a synchronised experience across all compatible devices, there is no need for you to manage or transfer music files.

Remember, if you already have a PSN account, or even if you don’t, you can activate or register at https://music.qriocity.com/ and get a 30 day premium service free trial.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

27 Comments 8 Author replies
Show oldest first

xperia play support anytime soon?

mitch_uk_psn 14 April, 2011 @ 12:35 pm   2

Any offline listening capabilities when away from wifi?

Joey Payne 14 April, 2011 @ 1:28 pm

Currently there is no “caching” feature for Q Music Unlimited on PSP

almighty-slayer 14 April, 2011 @ 12:38 pm   3

Awesome, thanks a lot :)

ATIPdante 14 April, 2011 @ 12:40 pm   4

nice :)

Croopnick_PL 14 April, 2011 @ 12:55 pm   5

First VidZone now it’s time for Qriocity:
When Poland? ;)

Still longing for an offer or free subscription to Plus users here ;)

Martingutten 14 April, 2011 @ 1:17 pm   7

Cencorship ftw! (sorry for critizing you, don’t ban me)

razordude 14 April, 2011 @ 1:22 pm   8

This is great news and it works really well. Any chance of an Android app now?

Also – music sync is still not working for me.

Joey Payne 14 April, 2011 @ 1:31 pm

Glad that you like it :)

As said in my previous post, we do have plans to release Q Music Unlimited for Sony and third party Android based devices

Skookie30 14 April, 2011 @ 1:25 pm   9

I downloaded the app onto PSP before the blog posted about it you must be quicker to report good things like Q music i‘m renewing my sub next week after my free 30 days is up. :)

Static-Xv2 14 April, 2011 @ 1:29 pm   10

Make it work in-game on PS3 and i’m SOLD

Joey Payne 14 April, 2011 @ 1:33 pm

So many people have asked me about that feature, it’s something I would like to see too

Nice, I tried the PS3 version and found it alright after 30 days. Not sure about using on my PSP, the sound doesn’t work properly.

Skookie30 14 April, 2011 @ 1:58 pm   12

have you try your ears headphones the music on PSP are poor even when you play a game cant hardly hear it. any more features is always welcome :)

Roxas598 14 April, 2011 @ 2:00 pm   13

are there any plans to make caching an option?

if you guys made it so it can cache then i’d personally buy a PSP for this!

Love the service alot but needing wi-fi everywhere to us it is kind of pointless if i’m honest :(

Joey Payne 14 April, 2011 @ 2:51 pm

We are always looking at ways of improving the service and ultimately, your experience

chrono_pl 14 April, 2011 @ 2:06 pm   14

I think that probably Poland(and other countries like Cech,Hungary ) will get this and VidZone on PS4 :P
Cool thing this QMusicUnlimited, but I’m don’t even waiting …

Could you pleases say if you are even working on getting it to Sweden?

Xenostar 14 April, 2011 @ 2:43 pm   16

Are there any plans to bring into iPhone devices as well as android?

MaxRstar 14 April, 2011 @ 2:50 pm   17

news for services that are not supported in my country. Just consider to have country selection on this blog… you might get rid of annoying “WHEN?”

Another awesome feature from Sony I cant use!

We have MUBI, Vidzone…but nothing from Sony…must be reaaally complicating.

kool-chris93 14 April, 2011 @ 3:37 pm   19

I’m already using Music Unlimited and loving it! Are there future plans of Music unlimited offline for those of us ‘on the go’ away from wifi?

well, it’s kind of ‘meh’ when you live in a 2nd class Playstation country.

KjellKanon 14 April, 2011 @ 6:43 pm   21

Even more content we can’t use. Sweet!

chrono_pl 14 April, 2011 @ 6:44 pm   22

Maybe it’s not easy to bring features like this to every european country, but they could just say “No, you don’t get this”. It’s better than waiting forever like for other stuff …
So dear PSBlog, next time get someone, who can “comment on country roll out dates” :D :D

Joey Payne 15 April, 2011 @ 11:06 am

Hey chrono_pl,

I can’t comment on it because the dates are not always set, I wouldn’t want to say something and then that turn out to be wrong (which I’m sure would annoy all of you guys), but we are aiming to roll out to as many European countries as possible

Thanks

corpocannibal 14 April, 2011 @ 7:24 pm   23

Music limited to some countries Powered By Qriocity Not Available On all PSP´s

Typical.

Paulus-NL 15 April, 2011 @ 11:17 am   24

and if it isn’t coming to some countries (like the comic function) can we please remove the items from the psp menu? now we have some useless icons inside the xmb. -_-

photofinish 19 April, 2011 @ 11:39 am   25

I’ve been using Music Unlimited since around launch on the PS3 and on my PCs here – we have two subscriptions – so I’m very familiar with the system. It looks very nice on the PSP, exactly like the PS3 I think. I bought the PSP just for Music Unlimited in fact.

But – after some time of PSP playback, it starts pausing at around 10 seconds into each song, while the activity light flashes madly. Then it carries on. It’s as if it can’t keep playing until it has more data downloaded for the rest of the song.

Turn the PSP off, the restart, and the problem is gone for a while. But it always comes back in due course. Like it gradually runs out of memory, then chokes.

Can this be checked out please, and fixed in an update? It seems to be something wrong with the buffering strategy. It spoils an otherwise very good experience.

Joey Payne 20 April, 2011 @ 2:58 pm

Hi Photofinish,

Sorry that you are having problems with the service on PSP, this is the first I have heard about such an issue.

I have spoken to our Customer Services team and they have suggested that it may be an issue with your Wifi connection or ISP.

They suggested that you contact them and they will be able to give you much more tailored advice than I can.

Hope this helps ?

photofinish 21 April, 2011 @ 4:16 am   26

Many thanks for the response –

I do suspect that the issue relates to the quality of link from the PSP to the access point. It seems to require a very good percentage figure, around (say) 80% on the connection quality display on the PSP, to get reliable streaming. In practice this is quite hard to achieve unless you can be pretty close to the access point and with nothing adverse in the way (walls, metal etc). I wonder therefore whether further tweaking of the PSP buffering strategy to best cope with real-world usage might be possible at your end, so that Music Unlimited will keep playing even if the link isn’t that good – though I realise that at the end of the day, if the link can’t keep up long term, there’s an insurmountable problem.

At my end, I’ve tweaked the placement of the access point and the placement of the PSP and got a more reliable result.

But there’s another problem which I’ll make a separate comment about.,,

photofinish 21 April, 2011 @ 4:27 am   27

Here’s a more serious problem – that of the Music Unlimited system being wholly or partly “down” at much too frequent intervals.

According to my records, it’s been down on the following dates –

31 March

7 April

10 April

21 April

In other words, about 20% of the days in the last three weeks.

By “down” I mean that you can’t sign in, because you get a message reading “Server Maintenance – the site is currently under maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later”. Today I signed in quite early in the day on the PSP, and that is still working. But my wife (who has her own account) is getting that message, and she’s not a happy bunny as I’ve been encouraging her not to buy mp3 downloads but to use Music Unlimited instead. She wants to hear the CD that I failed to buy for her yesterday…

If it’s down this often, it completely undermines the whole principle of the thing – and also, you don’t get such good value from your subscription (currently, 20% less value).

Any comments? I’d really love this to succeed but I’m getting a bit worried…