Posted 4:00pm

LittleBigPlanet 2 – FOUR MEE-EELION LEVELS!

First of all, LittleBigPlanet fans – congratulations are in order. Thanks to all of you, we recently hit a very cool milestone – more than FOUR MILLION LittleBigPlanet levels have now been shared by players around the world.

Four million – or more exactly, 4,141,742 at the moment I’m writing this. Wow. If you played LBP solidly, 12 hours a day, and only played each level for 5 minutes, it would take you *taps calculator frantically* more than 78 years to play through all of them. Phew.

Here’s an additional message to all of you from the folks over at Media Molecule

For us the most exciting thing has always been seeing what the community does with a LittleBigPlanet game when they get their hands on the new features and tools. We’re constantly delighted – and amazed – by their ingenuity and creativity, and it’s so inspiring to see the level of affection that exists for LittleBigPlanet amongst fans around the world.

Contraption Challenge 13

cc13

Next news – the LittleBigPlanet Contraption Challenge has returned! If you’ve no idea what I’m talking about – the Contraption Challenge is a long-running series of tasks to test and reward the creativity of the LBP nation, ably coordinated by community members Nuclearfish and Chimpanzee and the Official PlayStation Community Team.

The challenge this time is to construct a working submarine – check out the full details on the official PlayStation Forums. The closing date is this Sunday, the 17th April, so there’s still time for you to get involved by submitting your own entry (although it might mean pulling a couple of all-nighters!). Alternatively, you could just check out some of the great submissions on lbp.me using this handy link.

If you only look at one thing this week, check out the teaser trailer for the new series of contraption challenges if you didn’t see if a couple of weeks ago – it’s all kinds of awesome.

Upcoming Downloadable Costumes

Finally, an update on some of the imminent downloadable goodness coming to LittleBigPlanet 2. Our next release on the PlayStation Store will be the Tron: Evolution Minipack, which will be released on 27th April at €2.99 / £2.39. In the pack you’ll get two brand new costumes, plus a batch of handy new stickers – here’s some shiny neon pics…

LBPDLCDSTRMP0001-3-Stickers-HD

LBPDLCDSTRMP0001-1-Abraxas-HDLBPDLCDSTRMP0001-2-Anon-HD

May will see the release of the Killzone 3 Minipack – and I couldn’t resist giving you a sneaky look at one of the two costumes from that pack, as I think it’s one of the coolest LBP costumes I’ve seen. Behold, the Hazmat Trooper…

LBPDLCSONYMP0005-Killzone3-2-Hazmat-HD

Combine this together with the original Killzone costume kit (which is fully compatible with LittleBigPlanet 2, remember) and you’ll have all the tools to recreate the battle for Helghan down to the finest detail. With rather more sponge, of course.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

17 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first

BLEACH-Fan 15 April, 2011 @ 4:19 pm   1

LOL hazmat trooper looks awesome XD

Carnivius_Prime 15 April, 2011 @ 4:21 pm   2

I don’t care for Tron or Killzone but those look very cool and I have the Tron suit from the collector’ edition too.

gillyallan 15 April, 2011 @ 5:19 pm   3

Amazing !!!

Play, Create and Share has been a definite success, well done !!!!

BasketSnake 15 April, 2011 @ 5:43 pm   4

Looking great.

KC-alpha-14 15 April, 2011 @ 5:44 pm   5

It seems you have a spelling mistake in the title ;)
5 of these levels are mine :D

Fantastic costumes. I need to buy LBP2 though.

sharpenedpixel 15 April, 2011 @ 6:53 pm   7

I’ve got to say out of the hundreds that I played out of the 4 million levels I though that only a few were actually worth playing. I look forward to another level pack in the style of the MGS and Pirates of the Caribbean ones.

Nazar_Ops 15 April, 2011 @ 8:10 pm   8

Why no date for KZ3 pack? :(

Nazar_Ops 15 April, 2011 @ 8:12 pm   9

Never mind. My fault it says may. Cant wait. Hazmat looks azum.

Cheatster9000 15 April, 2011 @ 9:11 pm   10

Woah, i NEED those Tron costumes! I got the ce one and am looking forward to the blue one

ShoaibO 15 April, 2011 @ 9:56 pm   11

KZ3 pack is so cool

We need a Mass Effect 2 level pack.

It would be nice if you would give some DLC away to your loyal customers to celebrate this milestone.

Carnivius_Prime 16 April, 2011 @ 11:51 am   14

I want to repeat a request from a while back and say I want Doctor Who LBP content.

WEEARRAN 16 April, 2011 @ 1:43 pm   15

THIS COSTUME LOOKS AWESOME I THINK MY FRIEND GOT A COPY OF OT

I can’t wait for Move support in Create mode so we can make our own Move supporting levels. I made some levels and fun experiments back during the original LBP beta, but once Move support is properly in there I’ll go back and go crazy :) Move support for painting on textures and such would also be beyond awesome – I bet we’d see some amazing art pop up, and writing text on objects would be so much easier. ;)

Anyway, congrats on making one of my favorite games of all times. To make this even more of a mainstream success though, I still think you need to make a higher priority of making even better ‘campaigns’. I hope you’ll get that right for the NGP version, which considering all the input options that has, I also can’t wait for. NGP’s LBP2 could almost replace all of iOS’s App Store games all by itself. ;)

cakeforme288 18 April, 2011 @ 3:57 pm   17

4,000,000 levels, with only 2,000,000 old ones and plenty of rubbish “stuff for free levels”

remove those and we have somthing brilliant