Posted 25 April

PSN Update

I know you are waiting for additional information on when PlayStation Network and Qriocity services will be online. Unfortunately, I don’t have an update or timeframe to share at this point in time. As we previously noted, this is a time intensive process and we’re working to get them back online quickly. Will keep you updated with information as it becomes available. We once again thank you for your patience.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

132 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

JordanBlack68 25 April, 2011 @ 4:30 pm   1

Why is it taking so long

natsamson 25 April, 2011 @ 4:31 pm   2

I hope you guys can fix it by wednesday, im only at college tuesday and wednesday. Will we get the previous weeks Store Update this coming week if it is on, same goes for PS Home?

SlapnutzUK 25 April, 2011 @ 4:32 pm   3

Nice, an update to tell us there is no update.

I work for an IT solutions company and if this happened to one of my customers and I gave no time scale on when service would be resumed we would end up getting fined and loosing a contract.

Not only this but we still don’t know if our details personal and banking have been stolen? Surely after 5 days you must know what was and wasn’t affected?

VitalogyPJ 25 April, 2011 @ 4:35 pm   4

At this point, the time it’s taking doesn’t even bother me, on the other hand what do really bothers me is the lack of information specially when it comes to our (consumers) personal info like address, credit card details, you name it.

It’s getting old and annoying to read always the same thing in 4 different posts.

Hello! We know PSN is down and we also know already yu’re working hard (well, at least it’s what you say) and we know it might take a few but what we do want to know is:

- ARE THE PRIVATE DETAILS SECURE OR NOT!?

Huono_peleis 25 April, 2011 @ 4:37 pm   5

These updates with zero information are insulting.

ArsenalMark 25 April, 2011 @ 4:38 pm   6

An update to update us that there is no update?

What is the point?

Pacman_Ownage 25 April, 2011 @ 4:41 pm   7

I found a copy of Halo for £3.

*runs*

whiteboy38rams 25 April, 2011 @ 4:42 pm   8

this should make some people smile :)

ArsenalMark 25 April, 2011 @ 4:42 pm   9

Pacman_Ownage! Hi thar!

VitalogyPJ 25 April, 2011 @ 4:43 pm   10

@5 Exactly! Then they don’t like when we say they treat us like garbage. I mean, there’s already four blog posts all with the same thing in it » NOTHING! And the worst is, they don’t even bother to answer people so yeah I think too it’s insulting, after all aren’t we, consumers, who pay their salary when we buy things from them?

add cross game chat when you rebuild the system, and make looking at profiles and comparing trophies for faster

SteadiestShark 25 April, 2011 @ 4:46 pm   12

To be fair, an empty update is better than no update.

Pacman_Ownage 25 April, 2011 @ 4:46 pm   13

Oh hai dere.

I also found a odd sock.

The hunt is on to find his family ^-^

CozMick 25 April, 2011 @ 4:46 pm   14

I knew it, PSN is gonna be down for weeks. >:(

toxic-inferno 25 April, 2011 @ 4:49 pm   15

Look, there was a lot of whining that there hadn’t been any update for a while, and when there finally is one, you complain that there’s no new information! What do you expect them to tell you? They said they can’t tell when it will be back online; what else is there to say?

Also, if our personal details have been compromised, then it is Sony’s job to tell us. The fact that you haven’t been told means that as far as Sony know, your personal details are safe. Bear in mind that one of the first things Sony will have done after shutting everything down is a damage report, looking into various things, one of which is (seen as we have a contract with them regarding our personal details) their customers’ personal details, such as addresses and credit card details. If something was wrong, Sony would have probably contacted INDIVIDUALS, rather than coming onto a blog and saying “SOME OF YOUR DETAILS MAY HAVE BEEN STOLEN.” Saying that would do nobody any good. So if Sony have any reason to believe your details have been taken, they will contact you personally, as our contracts suggest.

(This is what I’m counting on anyway. This makes logical sense to me, however may not be accurate.)

ShadowDoGGG 25 April, 2011 @ 4:57 pm   16

This is taking far too long now. Got Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat to play. Not happy

obiadekanobi1980 25 April, 2011 @ 4:57 pm   17

this is [DELETED] the other companys are having a bumper easter weekend i bet because of this i hope sony learn from this and have lost a lot of money perhaps now they will treat us the consumer better in fear of attack again strike 3 and ur out sony!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pacman_Ownage 25 April, 2011 @ 5:05 pm   18

Update on the sock.

It has been safely returned to it’s home, and bundled in with his party.

There we go, something to pass the time.

and they call this a update talk about not making much sense
i think most ppl want 2 know some detail like was it hackers or did you guys Fup yourself

obriencfc 25 April, 2011 @ 5:09 pm   20

@16 same here. i have just played mortal kombats story while the psn is down but im dying to play portal 2 but wont be able to link my psn account with a steam account so ill have to wait. aaaarrrghhhh. hope its back on soon but i trust that sony will do a good job and this wont happen again. plus if they add new features while there at it that would make it worth the wait.

imajinetion 25 April, 2011 @ 5:10 pm   21

Latest Info: We have no Info. We’ll continue to post infos.

And to think, this all started because sony took out Linux from PS3s.

Only if sony had a second chance to make all this right?
Would they make the same mistake given the chance?

HELL NO!!!!

lol

trutenprower 25 April, 2011 @ 5:13 pm   23

At least an update with no new info is better than not telling us anything for days. Hopefully you can get the severs fixed soon James.

And also I think if our personal and banking details were in danger they would tell us. Still it would be nice if it was mentioned that they were safe.

Do-_One 25 April, 2011 @ 5:13 pm   24

I understand your trying to update us. But look its been 5 days and my patience is wearing thin. If you were working day and night then you would know roughly where you were in times of weeks or days till you think completion. Its called man management u would know roughly how long something works with x amount of men on the job and add a couple of days or weeks on for problems.

Its the same with every sort of job im self employed with my own staff and its all about planning if i didn’t have a plan and time frame in place i wouldn’t be in business now. I myself and i know other people would have more time for you as a company if you were honest i would rather know if it was gonna take weeks rather than being kept in dark.

@KAP

call it weird but i doubt that it’s Anonymous they are most likely blaming them for it.
the most likely thing is they Fup themselves considering sony is being so forthcoming and not telling us a damn thing…oohh well
atleast i don’t have any credit card info on it

VitalogyPJ 25 April, 2011 @ 5:15 pm   26

@15 Sorry to disapoint you but Sony doesn’t know logical sense, hell they don’t even know comon sense. That what you just said it’s just you believing and wanting things to be I for one don’t feel so optimistic, not with this lack of real information.

And honestly I rather don’t have them saying nothing at all than all these 4 posts full of nothing.

EmperorLawlight 25 April, 2011 @ 5:19 pm   27

What’s the point of this update? Get us some concrete info.

Sony Doesn’t Know Yet If Your Credit Card Number Was StolenSony has not yet determined if the personal information or credit card numbers of users on the still-offline Playstation Network have been stolen, according to a Sony spokesman.

Sony Computer Entertainment is conducting “thorough investigation” into the outage, Satoshi Fukuoka, a spokesman for Sony Computer Entertainment in Tokyo, told PC World.

Sony Computer Entertainment of America spokesman Patrick Seybold reiterated Fukuoka’s statement, confirming that Sony is still looking into whether credit card or other personal information were taken during the “external intrusion.”

Both declined to provide more information about the intrusion that led the company to take the global Playstation Network down last week. The network remains down as of Monday morning.

Source

obriencfc 25 April, 2011 @ 5:27 pm   29

James Gallagher is a big wuss he leaves us these updates and doesnt reply to our comments. what a wimp. are you afraid to talk to us? lol

mailong 25 April, 2011 @ 5:38 pm   30

thanks for the update even if it is ‘nothing to report’ it is nice to feel as if we are kept in the loop even if we havent got a time frame.
fingers crossed its soon sorted out :)

ShoaibO 25 April, 2011 @ 5:39 pm   31

As us British kindly put it “balls”

StefNighthawk 25 April, 2011 @ 5:41 pm   32

The only thing I would like to know is whether they will extend the offers that are available until the 27th. There were some games I wanted but cannot buy them because of the outage.

ShadowDoGGG 25 April, 2011 @ 5:42 pm   33

@obrienFC

I assume that it is actually done from someone at the top then migrated to US and EU blog at once

Labreya 25 April, 2011 @ 5:43 pm   34

I love how most of the comments complaining can be summed up as “WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!”.

Stop being so self entitled. Maybe stop blaming Sony for everything and start looking for the people who did this. Maybe take this as an opertune time to go through your backlog of games (If any) and play single player campaigns. Maybe understand that when massive multinational companies have a huge system failure across the board, THESE THINGS TAKE TIME and you can’t give out information due to legal reasons!

Personaly, I wouldn’t give any of you whiners information either. You don’t deserve to be in the know. You’d all just cry and post lies from random forum posts, stating that Sony is just evil, yet you’ll all run to the next console they release. You’ve been getting something for nothing for so long that you all took it for granted, and now your petty complaints are just spitting in Sony’s face.

ShadowDoGGG 25 April, 2011 @ 5:48 pm   35

@Labreya You guys annoy me more. Moaning about the people moaning.

Just get on with your own life and stop giving people life lessons.

Labreya 25 April, 2011 @ 5:54 pm   36

@ ShadowDoGGG

“Just get on with your own life”

Does your life revolve around Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat then?

If not, take some of your own advice and go do something else to pass the time rather than complaining a complete rebuild of a worldwide network is “takeing too long” for your likeing.

Chocobo115 25 April, 2011 @ 5:54 pm   37

@33 what about people moaning about people moaning about other people moaning?
Nah was joking there.

While you’re rebuilding the system, add a search option to the downloads list please.

Only a bit annoyed that I couldn’t add another 15 months of PS+ before PSN went down :/

ShadowhunterrX 25 April, 2011 @ 5:57 pm   38

Only want to hear -> Dont worry people the hackers didnt steal your account data or CC data.

Do-_One 25 April, 2011 @ 5:57 pm   39

@Labreya this is the 1st time ive moaned and i think going into the 6th day with out knowing anything gives anyone the right to have a moan. I agree maybe the 1st day or two moaning yes thats wrong but 6 days with out any news of credit card info being safe or if servers will be up before end of month is just wrong. i understand there might be an investigation ongoing but i think after nearly a week that investigation would be at its end now and news should start filtering out

shaolinsword 25 April, 2011 @ 6:00 pm   40

I am more bothered about the fact that I sent two emails to the tech support team over the weekend and both of them avoided my question and told me to ring an 0844 number for an answer

Huono_peleis 25 April, 2011 @ 6:01 pm   41

Sony is not re-building anything – they are still completely clueless what hit them. This is also the reason they still can’t give us any ETA. They have no idea what to fix.

extermin8or_ 25 April, 2011 @ 6:03 pm   42

meh im away so :p

ShadowDoGGG 25 April, 2011 @ 6:03 pm   43

@Huono_peleis

That sounds about right. “What does this button do?” – KABOOM

NRX1000 25 April, 2011 @ 6:03 pm   44

@Sony
The downtime isn’t a problem for me, the sun is still shining and the beer is still flowing, therefore I will be relaxing and taking a (probably much needed) break from the console. Personally I would prefer you took your time and got things right rather than rushing and increasing the chance of making a mistake somewhere along the line, but, I understand you must be losing a lot of money from this downtime so I guess its a difficult thing to balance.

@Moaners
PSN being down isn’t life threatening, and I very much doubt any of you are losing money because of the downtime, so please stop making such a fuss over this. Complaining is fine, moaning and ranting like spoilt infants is pointless.

Labreya 25 April, 2011 @ 6:03 pm   45

@ Do-_One

If there was a legal investigation attached to the intrusion, then no, the investgation team may not feel like they want to let news trickle out. If there had been credit card info lost then, as already stated, those individuals would be contacted by e-mail, and not just spouted on the blog. Has anyone recieved these e-mails? I doubt it, as every gameing blog on earth would be publishing that story.

Maybe they have no clue if servers will be up by the end of the month. We have no clue what damage, be it to hardware or software, has been done because of this incident. Sony may have to re-code and test sections of code for the network or rebuild portions of their server farms. what would you rather, to hear no news or to be told “Well, it’ll be up in a week maybe” only to be told six days later “Ooops, we were wrong. Add another week.”

NRX1000 25 April, 2011 @ 6:05 pm   46

@Huono_peleis
And you know that for a fact because you work in one of Sony’s IT departments, right?

No, I didn’t think so.

@15 I expect them to state clearly and concisely what has been compromised and what has not. The Playstation network has many people’s credit card details. It has many people’s passwords, which human nature dictates that they will have used on other websites and services. It has people’s addresses.

1) If any of those things has been compromised then Sony needs to tell us right now so that people can take appropriate steps.

2) If Sony is confident that none of these things has been compromised, then again, Sony needs to say so right now, in order to allay people’s concerns.

3) If Sony is not sure whether these things have been compromised, then they need to say so right now so that people can be on their guard.

In fact, sod “right now”. Sony should have detailed the nature of the intrusion and the possible implications within minutes of it happening, not keep people in the dark for days.

This outage is merely embarrassing for Sony. But it could have real-world implications for real people, if there is any possibility that data has leaked.

fifeldor 25 April, 2011 @ 6:12 pm   48

James, I don’t know if you read the comments, but if you do could you please just consider this:

I like the idea of using the “cloudsaving” feature of PS+, and have online backups of my savefiles, however I am not interested at all in downloading free PLUS games every week or having weekly PLUS bargains, and moreover, I find it the 50 euros annual subscription fee to PLUS, quite expensive.

Since you started the concept of “cloudsaving” of PS3, could you consider creating a special PLUS subscription that revolves only around savefiles, and at a normal annual price (10 – 15 euros)?

Give it some thought.

Chocobo115 25 April, 2011 @ 6:18 pm   49

http://uk.kotaku.com/5795349/sony-doesnt-know-yet-if-your-credit-card-number-was-stolen just passing thisalong, I haven’t seen anything unnormal with my card yet thoo, This just makes me despise hackers even more.

Labreya 25 April, 2011 @ 6:22 pm   50

@ BryceS

I know that Sony would want to say nothing until all this is over if everything is safe. I work in private security for an event management company, and part of our job is protocol for if systems containing personal info get compromised.

You say nothing until you’ve either established a breach or repaired the situation. If you establish a breach, you are legaly obliged to inform your customers, and even then only the ones who are affected. If the situation has not been rectified, you do not say anything as it could put you in a legaly compromising situation later.

For instance, what happens if Sony say “Everythings OK!” before they checked all the information, and then discovered someones information HAD been breached? If you factor in all the fake accounts people made for other regional stores, all the credit info that was just left lying on servers by users and the amount of purchases that happen EVERY DAY on PSN, then I wouldn’t be surprised if it took a few weeks to check everything.

SlickShoes 25 April, 2011 @ 6:29 pm   51

I’ve been waiting since SOCOM3 on SOCOM4 coming out, completed single player, bored of playing co op alone, please let us know a timescale when we can get back online or people are just going to give up!

devilwithoutfear 25 April, 2011 @ 6:38 pm   52

what’s the point of this when there is nothing new to say?
Are our personal details save?

Might as well work on my old website then, this is taking ages.

MasLegio 25 April, 2011 @ 6:50 pm   54

Besides the all so important personal information/account intrusion questions these questions have not been answered yet as well.

Surely Sony must have some (customer relations & business dev.) people working on these issues as well?

How will this affect the current PSN-store offers?
Will they be prolonged for 1-week after PSN is working again?

How will it affect planned PSN-store and Plus-content depending on how long this “maintenance” is in effect?

Will us Plus-owners recieve additional time to our subscription for the time we have not been able to use our paid subscribtion?

Also, I am autologged in to the site on my laptop but if I try to log in on my PC I cannot. Maybe your web admins should try to fix this as well so that your customers have a more direct line of communication.

I really really want to take part of some of the latest offers (including the plus extension offer) but have not been able to do this yet. Will this and other offers be extended?

Huono_peleis 25 April, 2011 @ 7:01 pm   55

Satoshi Fukuoka, a spokesman for Sony Computer Entertainment in Tokyo, spoke with PCWorld and claimed the company “has not yet determined if the personal information or credit card numbers of users have been compromised, but that Sony would promptly inform users if it found that was the case.”

Clueless, eh? :D

Tenchuwoh 25 April, 2011 @ 7:02 pm   56

Too bad…. =( i thought that you will tell us when PSN will be on again =/ , like all the people here i want to play online too……..Anyway =) Sony will not dissapoint us,i believe that when PSN is On again we will be soooo excited with something new that we will see =D, maybe a cool free game,a cool update,cross-game-chat,etc!Sony will not dissapoint us!=D

spikkle 25 April, 2011 @ 7:18 pm   57

You guys should stop moaning this is an update to tell us there is nothign new.

because we ALL know if there wasnt this post, we’d all be leaving comments on the previous one saying “Its disgusting there has been no update” blah blah blah.

Im glad for this post, least we know we are still up-to-date.

Savaloy 25 April, 2011 @ 7:21 pm   58

Patience is a virtue and i dont want a damn thing. Happy Hunting Sony!

Oh and i can still use the psn+ content i have on my ps3….I must be the only one….

ryryryan 25 April, 2011 @ 7:30 pm   59

the top of the page now says playstation network is on. lulz

F1NG3RZ- 25 April, 2011 @ 7:34 pm   60

What is goin on with the GREEN light @ top of blog, i hope it means thier gettin somewhere with all this cuz its been red for me from day one! probably wishfull thinkin.

Shou_Kobayashi 25 April, 2011 @ 7:46 pm   61

I’m okay with you taking your time, but I would be thankful if you are going to extend the SPRING OFFER, because I simply can’t grab the deal I wanted to.

I’ll hope you answer on this one!

F1NG3RZ- 25 April, 2011 @ 7:47 pm   62

Now its off again, either im trippin or mans r tryin to wind us up! WHA GWARN !!!

morbid-82- 25 April, 2011 @ 7:49 pm   63

pathetic

yarnboy 25 April, 2011 @ 8:07 pm   64

You might just as well stop asking questions.
1: They’re not answering anyway (because they don’t know a lot yet)
2: They have heard your questions. A thousandfold of ‘em.

MasLegio 25 April, 2011 @ 8:16 pm   65

fanboys!
please stop asking us to stop being customers!

Labreya 25 April, 2011 @ 8:26 pm   66

@ MasLegio

We will when you stop acting like BAD customers.

Dear Sony, do everyone a favor and please CLOSE COMMENTS on posts related to the PSN outage; all the moaning going on in here isn’t helping anyone!

Looking forward to a new and improved PSN, whenever that will be online; and until then: have a nice day!

whiteboy38rams 25 April, 2011 @ 8:54 pm   68

Would just like to update you on the update ,at the moment there is no update to update you on so this isn’t really a update on the update ,but as soon as i have a update on the update i will update that there is no update .. please leave your comments about the update and i will do my best not to get back to you ………. thank you for your patients its not appreciated . will be back with more updates as soon as i dont have any

ieatpixels 25 April, 2011 @ 9:01 pm   69

:/ I saw the “Network is: On” thing and quickly rushed to hook up my PS3, turns out it’s still undergoing the maintenance.

Pretty annoying.

ieatpixels 25 April, 2011 @ 9:03 pm   70

and just after I posted that, the “Network is:” has changed to off again.

Just my luck eh. (I forgive the inconvenience)

ieatpixels 25 April, 2011 @ 9:04 pm   71

Wait no, it still says On now, I dunno what’s going on.
Oh well.

toxic-inferno 25 April, 2011 @ 9:23 pm   72

@ieatpixels

It’s been changing from on to off and back again everytime I refresh the page since Thursday. It means nothing. Ignore it.

It’s like a broken traffic light, flashing and flashing and flashing.

toxic-inferno 25 April, 2011 @ 10:46 pm   74

What is it with people thinking we’ll get Cross Game Chat? Sony have enough on their plate trying to get this sorted as quickly as possible for you. They probably don’t have the time to implement Cross Game Chat now. That takes months, not a weekend.

its not fair sony i spilled beer on my only controller and now it doesnt work im getting an egg box ;P

lol seriously does anyone else think we will get a one week extension on the spring sale???

and where can i get a new pad cheap?

SmoggyPhil 25 April, 2011 @ 11:33 pm   76

1) Posting this comment apparently makes me a hermit according to some white-knight holier-than-thou high-horse-riding sun-outta-butt-shining around this blog. It also makes me a bad customer. Beware, people, we could all be hermits and bad customers by the end of this blog post….Apparently.

2) Why are people assuming that the PSN will be insta-improved when this things done with? It sounds like a pretty damn big breach from the way things are going, so I think they’d be more concerned with making things extra secure, as opposed to tossing in brand new, sparkly features and Cross Game Chat.

3) Wouldn’t it be better to post updates when something happens? Posting an update practically saying “THERE IS NOTHING TO REPORT” is a waste, don’t you think?

4) If I whine about people whining who are whining about people whining, does that mean we have enough w(h)ine to bust out the cheese?

noticed something interesting this evening – noticed that any games purchased from other stores from other regions no longer work – yes they load but do not respond to any button press on the controller

they do not even work on the account they were purchased from – so while the psn has been down they have decided to region lock the machine in the process?

if this in fact the case – one of the main reasons for buying the ps3 was the ability to play import games both arcade and disc – will be getting shut of it, if this in fact what has happened – close to a £1,000 quid down the drain – wow impressive it only took Sony around 5 months to make me say no more – it took xbox 4 years and as many 360 consoles before I left in total disgust

ShadowDoGGG 25 April, 2011 @ 11:39 pm   78

Sony. Do this. Ditch your PSN network and use purely Steam.

Simples!

lardteamaker 25 April, 2011 @ 11:42 pm   79

ok here is another rumor. Again i state just a rumor but could explain alot if true……

lardteamaker 26 April, 2011 @ 12:00 am   80

@77 if thats the case then that would be more possible bad press that sony doesn’t need right now. Because of the service men at bases abroad with two different region accounts. Though in looking at your post i decided to fire up my import copy of demon souls and that works (apart from it wanting me to log in) just fine :)

@80

for me it’s arcade psn games and ps1 games – the only game that I can get to work is a mini I bought on the US store – I buy most of psn games from the US store as my mum lives in the states and is always sending me psn$ cards – going to be very upset to find the $200 worth of psn cards she sent for my birthday I will not be able to use.

haven’t checked my Afrika disc – believe thats the only import disc I have at the moment but have several on pre-order

if you have any games bought from US or Japan psn – test them – as I mentioned they will load but aren’t responsive at all (except for the one mini) – for me that’s around 20 or so games

valid point about servicemen – the only other thing I can think of is because the network is down whatever information is sent from that account isn’t able to send information and considering the ps3 is always connected even when it isn’t connected (why we can still get game updates, home updates etc) but if they have decided to region lock the psn bought material – that also means any imported games the end of buying dlc for them

lardteamaker 26 April, 2011 @ 12:50 am   82

@81 myself personally i don’t myself. However i may know someone who has so i can certainly find out and let you know.

yeah it’d make sense if it’s connected in that way. hopefully once psn is sorted they’ll work though the ps1 games not working that way is a head scratcher purely because with it being down there shouldbe no difference. I hope they don’t region lock it, not for me but more for others who love imports

procion 26 April, 2011 @ 1:25 am   83

*SIGH* I’m really sorry to say this but my xbox 360, which atm acts as a stand to sit my ps3 on, is getting switched ON, for the very first time in god knows how long… No, I do not have a platinum membership for xbox live, and I only have one friend therein, in oppose to the 50odd I have/had on psn, but anyone on my psn list who is going onto xbox, please add me…don’t laugh my usertag is proscyon. SONY this is an unacceptable time your service has been down. You RUN this type of industry, yet after nearly a week you do not have provisions in place to get your systems up & running? SHAME ON YOU. It has been too long…Now if I can only find that xbox cord…

procion 26 April, 2011 @ 1:32 am   84

The psn light on and off thing reminds me of astromoners, ancient & modern, whom see mysterious lights come & go when they look thru their telescopes at Mars or at other celestial bodies… “is anyone there????”. Of course we now know the answer at least to the Mars enigma. We are definately NOT alone. Not sure about psn tho…) peace…

MrOwen1331 26 April, 2011 @ 2:56 am   85

If you all have to start again will we lose all on our accounts,damn this is a very strange situation,hope it works out soon as I have 3 vouchers I want to spend.

lardteamaker 26 April, 2011 @ 8:05 am   86

@81 UPDATE: have spoken to my friend who does have a dl’d game from the american store on his EU ps3………………he says it works fine.

obriencfc 26 April, 2011 @ 9:09 am   87

i want to join ps+ come on sony plz hurry up

We need more information.

Have personal details, passwords and log history wor credit card info been breached and obtained?

Were they possibly breached or obtained?

Leaving us in the dark is bad PR.

It’s been a week now.

Not good.

WillPG1212 26 April, 2011 @ 9:13 am   89

This is getting sad…

Do-_One 26 April, 2011 @ 9:20 am   90

well ive re subscribed to WOW any one play WoW im on light bringer server lvl 61

SlickShoes 26 April, 2011 @ 9:36 am   91

haha i was on the verge of going back to WoW for a bit but i know if i do i won’t be off it for a good few months so i am trying not to!

razordude 26 April, 2011 @ 9:36 am   92

Job posting on 22nd April – LOLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

Tenchuwoh 26 April, 2011 @ 9:38 am   93

I don’t want to be the bad guy but this is getting boring now….=/ Anyway Sony will not dissapoint us!

Do-_One 26 April, 2011 @ 9:40 am   94

Or if u dnt want WoW u can play this

http://www.ea.com/free/play-free-games im playing battlefield

@91 i know what u mean with WoW but it could be months till this is sorted

herringtoni 26 April, 2011 @ 9:50 am   95

When James said + members were getting ‘Pain’ this month for free, I must admit this wasn’t what I was expecting!!!

Xenostar 26 April, 2011 @ 10:01 am   96

@JAMES

Thanks for the constant updates James even if there is no new news its better than just feeling left in the cold.

Although im sure your not personally involved in getting the servers back online, could you do some investigation into other areas, like compensation for people paying subs to Qriocity and to a lesser extent love film. Plus members i think are fine as long as you give people the opportunity to download this months stuff when PSN does come back.

Also what if anything will be happening with the store update i would of thought this weeks content will have been completely postponed now as a complete rebuild sounds like you wouldn’t have the systems in place to get stuff ready even if PSN was back up on time.

Still all this down time is giving me plenty of time to finish the never ending game that seems to be dragon age origins ultimate edition.

SlickShoes 26 April, 2011 @ 10:02 am   97

I’m at work and that battlefield game won’t work as it is blocked, Steam works so i may download a game from there! Work is dead this week due to everyone taking these three days as a holiday!

its good slick and its free its passing time away while i cnt get on socom

sprint900 26 April, 2011 @ 10:47 am   99

maybe someone from Sony accidentally installed their own rootkit on their own servers?

the irony is that this affects honest people who didn’t hack their PS3s and want access to PSN, whereas people who did root their PS3s and lost PSN don’t care.

i’m sure sony’s preparing big surprise and psn is down because of adding vidzone, comics and qriocity to all regions ;)

smashrash 26 April, 2011 @ 11:30 am   101

Long story short… this is the update…

Hi, sony here with a new update, the update is that there is no update. Have a good day.

SlickShoes 26 April, 2011 @ 11:37 am   102

I think most people have accepted its long term downtime. If we could just get some sort of timeframe we can rationalise the whole thing and plan something else instead.

I had to cancel my MLB TV subscription from renewing on wednesday because i can’t currently watch it with no PSN! At least with lovefilm they send me Blu Ray movies as well as the streaming!

MondPrinzessin 26 April, 2011 @ 11:41 am   103

Will the store update come?

procion 26 April, 2011 @ 12:22 pm   104

How can it? PSN is downly, downly, downly. lol I miss listening to Yazoo Reconnected Live(pun intended this time)on Qriocity. At least I have Bad Connection(Subway Collective Broadband mix)on my hdd. I”m bouncing to it atm. Vince Clarke is the man…)

MrLopes 26 April, 2011 @ 12:28 pm   105

I really have to say if the PSN is coming back stronger and better.. Keep it down even longer.. I really don’t mind.. We have some nice weather the passed days here in NL.. Enjoy your life dudes.

There are a lot of people dying from hunger/disease etc. PSN will be back!!

procion 26 April, 2011 @ 12:36 pm   106

Agreed…There are places sans broadband or even dial-up. Psn is a luxury. Plus life’s too short as they say…*sigh* maybe I can play psn in the next one lol

Izorpo 26 April, 2011 @ 1:39 pm   107

@86

after numeros reboots (7) – then unplugging the power cord etc – doing the I’m extremely f’ed off stomp – they now work this morning. Not sure why I was having that problem but at least its over

and I’m still getting that cryptic message on my Hong Kong account – automatic funding to wallet has failed- granted its not a full account, meaning I never signed it up to the psn with an e-mail but could enter the store to see what was there – couldn’t download anything though – kind of pointless but then I created it before I was able to blag my way through the Japanese one

had hoped psn would be back today – but i’m starting to think the problem happened well before the 20th -21st some people had psn problems for over 2 weeks when Sony pulled psn down – wouldn’t be surprised to find out that the ddos attacks were just a distraction and someone or some group took advantage of the situation – something more than showing Sony they still had their bow fingers

bank holiday is over call your credit card company today – don’t wait on Sony to give you reassurance because you may be waiting until your next credit card bill comes in

lardteamaker 26 April, 2011 @ 1:48 pm   108

@107 already spoken to my bank. they’re saying if it is compromised my account has things in place to help me out.

Izorpo 26 April, 2011 @ 1:58 pm   109

@108

me too – just got off the phone with them – but to be fair they already call if there if a strange transaction occurs – which reminded me that when I bought something off the psn for the 1st ime as soon as clicked confirm my cc company put a temporary stop on the payment and called and that was for only £6.29 (Flower).

so if my cc number has been taken it hasn’t been used but as soon as the psn is back up my cc is coming off and will be deleting details after every purchase

now as i’m seemingly up for listening to recorded calls and arbitrary number punches, periods of being on hold while listening to poor music – let’s call Sony. see what they say LOL

obriencfc 26 April, 2011 @ 2:45 pm   110

last monday i deleted my cc details on the psn (luckily) and then on the wednesday it went down. i don’t have to worry about my details but if i had them still up i’d panic. especially since nobody at all knows whats going and and nobody will speak to us on this blog. a few replies would be nice even if they don’t know whats happen just to let us know were getting listened to.

ShoaibO 26 April, 2011 @ 3:07 pm   111

Not a good time to announce the Sony tablet Is it? I for sure ain’t buying it.

Do-_One 26 April, 2011 @ 3:16 pm   112

mmm is it a bad time to ask whats in the store update this Wednesday?

dgnfly 26 April, 2011 @ 3:17 pm   113

@SCEE
it’s weird we know that PSN but why aren’t there any new blogs cause these update blogs are as useless as ever it seems sony refuses 2 give any info about users credit card info or ETA on when it’s back online or are you just taking this time 2 be even more lazy

Do-_One 26 April, 2011 @ 3:24 pm   114

anybody watch Eastenders last night ?

dgnfly 26 April, 2011 @ 3:52 pm   116

for ppl with credit card info
Source

He indicated that the service was taken down to prevent data loss due to intrusion, ignoring the fact that there was a window between the intrusion itself and Sony voluntarily shutting the service down. Ryan indicated that if Sony discovers a data breach, they will inform PSN users; there is no way to access the account information right now; and should users encounter any unauthorized charges, to contact the relevant financial institution. He indicated that we should not bother contacting Sony.

FilipeSLB400 26 April, 2011 @ 4:12 pm   117

Why the hell, sometimes the button of the state of PSN becomes on this page saying that PSN is online and then comes red again?

It’s been a week and this is all the information we get?

procion 26 April, 2011 @ 5:14 pm   119

Yeah nearly a week of this chit. I even went on my eggbox for the first time since last year…it was horrible, like bein’ in hospital: all that white & icky green. You could almost smell the disinfectant..HURRY UP SONY SYSOSony…Sort it already.

almighty-slayer 26 April, 2011 @ 5:25 pm   120

Everyone have a good easter weekend?

Looking forward to the royal wedding?

Me neither

Do-_One 26 April, 2011 @ 5:49 pm   121

Eastenders tonight !!! wonder what zinhad is going to do after that phone call last night

Most of these comments are pretty sad to read. If any creditcard information is leaked then Sony would be responsible for this and you would get all your money back anyway. PSN is a service like any other, it needs maintance and if you can’t go without it for more than a couple of days then you should get a hobby. Sometimes your ISP will fail to deliver, just like PSN. BTW we live in 2011, books, films and tv series exists.

ShoaibO 26 April, 2011 @ 5:52 pm   123

They keeping quiet for a reason? I wonder if our personal details have been compromised?

Mike939 26 April, 2011 @ 5:54 pm   124

all your personal details are belong to sony

Do-_One 26 April, 2011 @ 5:55 pm   125

oooo corrie anyone all john gone mad aint he not long till he gets found out

almighty-slayer 26 April, 2011 @ 6:17 pm   126

So guys, according to the BBC news tech reporter, Sony may say something at about 7pm

Source: http://bit.ly/hZDJUB

Golwar 26 April, 2011 @ 7:31 pm   127

I have absolutely don’t mind that Sony takes the necessary time to reestablish a solid PSN. But their information policy is just shameful, even more then fact that they had to offline for such a long period.

Or as Moriarty from IGN said …

almighty-slayer 26 April, 2011 @ 7:34 pm   128

Looks like they couldn’t be bothered to keep their word about a statement.

Nice job Sony

jurgen_fool 26 April, 2011 @ 7:47 pm   129

Stop trolling Sony! :(

Sp4reNL 26 April, 2011 @ 8:54 pm   130

I hope we get a blog post about the store-update tomorrow, because tomorrow it will be Wednesday :-D.

Death-In-Pants 27 April, 2011 @ 11:26 am   131

Will there be the usual playstation (R) store update today!

EMF-CO_LDR-PAIN 15 May, 2011 @ 10:53 pm   132