Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 11:55am

inFamous 2 PAL Release Date Confirmed: 8th / 10th June

I’m very pleased to confirm that inFamous 2 has now gone gold and will release across PAL on 8th / 10th of June – here’s how it splits out:

• UK, Germany & Ireland: 10th June
  • Rest of PAL: 8th June

InFamous 2 Stand_3DPack_AW_ENG

Undoubtedly one of 2011′s most eagerly anticipated titles, inFamous 2, the story of reluctant superhero Cole MacGrath, will, like the karma system in the game, offer a number of different choices when you hit stores come release.

As you may know, we have already announced the lenticular Special Edition – which comes with a powershot of extra digital content including the Electrocution Grenade power, Golden Amp and an exclusive Cole MacGrath skin from inFamous 1.

InFamous 2 Digi_3DPack_AW_ENG InFamous 2 Digi_3D_AW_ENG_BAD

Alternatively, you can harness the power of a hero and pick up the luxury Hero Edition which comes complete with Lightning Hook downloadable power, Kessler skin, a Cole MacGrath figurine and inFamous comic from graphic novel legends DC Comics, a replica Cole MacGrath messenger bag and the inFamous 2 digital soundtrack.

I2_Hero Ed_Contents_AW_FINAL

But the choice doesn’t end there. Two exclusive inFamous 2 DUALSHOCK 3 Wireless Controller bundles will also be released in June. For those who want to play it safe, take home the ‘good’ DUALSHOCK 3 bundle where your copy of the game will come with a limited edition ‘cosmic blue’ wireless controller. And for the more morally ambiguous out there, take home the ‘evil’ bundle which comes with an exclusive ‘crimson red’ wireless controller.

inFamous2_DS3 Bundle_3D_Good inFamous2_DS3 Bundle_3D_Evil

Not only that, for fans new to the series, there’s also an inFamous 2 PS3 bundle available which comes with a copy of the game, 320GB PS3 console and standard black DUALSHOCK 3 Wireless Controller.

inFamous2_PS3_320GB_HW_SW_3D

The Special edition, Hero edition and hardware bundles will not be available in all territories, so please check with your locale retailer for availability.

Shape your own destiny with inFamous 2 – exclusively on PS3 – and remember: ‘Being A Hero Is Optional’.

And here’s the inFamous 2 opening cinematic to whet your appetite.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

143 Comments 8 Author replies
Show oldest first
Silent_Gig 17 May, 2011 @ 12:07 pm   1

I know this is silly posting this in the infamous 2 news, but will there be anything on WKC2/PSP this week?

James Gallagher 17 May, 2011 @ 12:13 pm

Sure thing, I’ll sort something for either this week or next.

The only good thing that happened because of the PSN outage is that i get to play this fantastic game after i bought it after to years….
this game is underrated ….but i had a lot of fun play it …. can not wait to play the 2nd infamous.

KRyPTceltrix 17 May, 2011 @ 12:12 pm   3

How much will the dualshock bundles cost?

link1983 17 May, 2011 @ 12:14 pm   4

For those who are wondering how the UK can get their mitts on the Hero Edition. Play.com are selling it for £99.99

Roxas598 17 May, 2011 @ 12:15 pm   5

I was incredibly excited when i saw the hero ediotn for pre-order on play.com

until i saw the price. how can you charge 99.99 for it when it’s $99.99 in the US? i was appalled and quickly decided (along with a few others) that i would not be purchasing this anymore an answer would be great.

tbh if it was priced at 60-70 then i would pre-order straight away

keirasdad 17 May, 2011 @ 12:15 pm   6

Thanks for this inciteful update,i have been waiting eagerly on the release of this title & now have an exciting choice of which i have to choose from(Luxury probably) as well as 2 new controllers

I want the crimson red controller. Hope it gets to Norway.

TheWeeSteev 17 May, 2011 @ 12:15 pm   8

“Undoubtedly one of 2010′s most eagerly anticipated titles, inFamous 2, the story of reluctant superhero Cole MacGrath, will, like the karma system in the game, offer a number of different choices when you hit stores come release.”

Surely it’s one of 2011′s most eagerly awaited titles?

James Gallagher 17 May, 2011 @ 12:17 pm

Ugh… that’s a horrible proofreading mistake from me. Bear with me… brain is still a bit fried from all the posts over the weekend.

why is he smiling in the evil case but not on the good case lol

I need a new dualshock controller, I will most likely pick up one of those bundles, do the DS3 bundles just come with controller and game, or do they also have DLC?

shaolinsword 17 May, 2011 @ 12:16 pm   11

I can’t wait for this game, I just hope some changes have been made

We need more themed controllers.

Shadow-King 17 May, 2011 @ 12:17 pm   13

Cant wait to get my hands on this :D Now…………which version to buy?!

RAD27-D 17 May, 2011 @ 12:19 pm   14

Thanks for not showing the actual controller, but just the boxes. Because the boxes are the important thing, not how the controller looks.

jacksback21 17 May, 2011 @ 12:29 pm   15

Oooh excited! Like some people have mentioned, would like to see the controllers and not just the boxes!

Overall though, this is a great choice of editions. Nice to see the blog getting back to normal with quality posts like this.

LaughingNabashin 17 May, 2011 @ 12:29 pm   16

Ooh ouch, £100 for that special edition? Think I’ll stick to what I know best, seek out the best deal for the standard one around all retailers.

DKShadow 17 May, 2011 @ 12:29 pm   17

That’s one great looking hero edition. Hoping it’ll have a decent price tag to go with it :D

Zopyrus 17 May, 2011 @ 12:31 pm   18

Getting platinum on Infamous (1) made me truly sick of this game, LOL. Will probably end up buying this one either way.. but please take your time making this sequel lool.

thedude6666 17 May, 2011 @ 12:32 pm   19

Cool!!

I loved the first game well done by the way on making a great game there. Looking forward to the second installment, a must buy…

nedubis 17 May, 2011 @ 12:32 pm   20

Looks great – one of my most anticpated games of the year.

Have to say… It is great to be talking about games again.

Does anyone know the price of and where I can buy the Hero Edition i Sweden?

Can you confirm if the controllers in the bundle are the same ones which has been sold separately for a while now please? I already have a red one you see, so I would probably go for blue.

TheWeeSteev 17 May, 2011 @ 12:36 pm   23

Quite fancy the controller bundle.. hmm red or blue?

BlackZam 17 May, 2011 @ 12:39 pm   24

Is the hero edition gonna be releases in Sweden?

Dante_Zero 17 May, 2011 @ 12:46 pm   25

will the pad be sold seperately. I’m gonna get the hero edition but i quite fancy purchasing pads aswell. however i don’t want three copys of the game just so i can get the stuff i want.

Domino2097 17 May, 2011 @ 12:47 pm   26

Awww dang did you really have to announce the release date as the same one that Duke Nukem Forever has? lol

Hero Edition from me but, how can i check my country is available ? give as a link.. or something…

Dante_Zero 17 May, 2011 @ 12:49 pm   28

also you might want to pass feedback onto whoever thinks up some of this marketing. That if your gonna release a ps3 with game bundle and are also releasing coloured pad with game bundles. Why on earth would you not put that in with the ps3. otherwise it ceases to be a special infamous 2 bundle. IT just becomes a ps3 with a game and nothing to make it any different from other retailer offer of PS3+1 free game

Ctirad89 17 May, 2011 @ 12:49 pm   29

I have preorder Hero Edition, because the bag looks an amazing. But, ofcourse, another stuff are very cool!

yarnboy 17 May, 2011 @ 12:50 pm   30

Will these controllers also be sold apart? Because I already pre-ordered my edition before this was announced :(

I still have to play 1 so I´ll see it when it´s in the budget bin.

Ok. So the messenger bag. Is this real life size for 1.84m male? Or just a gimmick? Can it go toe to toe quality wise with say a Crumpler bag?

Elliott Linger 17 May, 2011 @ 2:47 pm

It is indeed lifesize – and is a replica of the one Cole has in game.
    Down to the Sly logo on the back.

MK2flames 17 May, 2011 @ 12:55 pm   33

Don’t you mean a 500Gb PS3 with Wi-fi-N?
Because that’s what I wanted to hear, I’m waiting for 2 months almost for this E3 expecting one of two things, a PS3 price drop or a new SKU XD, since my original PS3 died on me :(

Will the Special and Hero Edition also include the Uncharted 3 Beta Access?

Didn’t think it was going to be out so soon. Great News, cant wait to play it.
Also, its great to see all things regarding “PlayStation” getting back to normal.

Tieske 17 May, 2011 @ 1:06 pm   36

Looking forward to this one! I got my first platinum trophy on Infamous 1, great game.

Omegabug2003 17 May, 2011 @ 1:10 pm   37

The Hero Edition I want it!

*drools*

Hope it’s available in the UK

#36 Funnily enough Infamous was my first platinum too – I was so proud :)

That is not far away now. I better get cracking if I’m going to play through Infamous again before I hit the sequel. Keep up the good work Sucker Punch!

elita411 17 May, 2011 @ 1:18 pm   39

Can you please say where can we preorder the hero edition for the UK? I don’t want the us version from amazon.

DarkRecoil 17 May, 2011 @ 1:20 pm   40

Germany has to wait longer cause their government needs to censor 50% of the game right?

trollolol :D

ZzStalkerzZ 17 May, 2011 @ 1:22 pm   41

im just hoping playstation store is back online soon cuz i wanna play (and make myself sick of) the new vegas dlcs before this comes out lol

Bearskopff 17 May, 2011 @ 1:24 pm   42

Agh! I can’t wait! I adored the first one. Honestly, I must’ve collected almost all available memorabilia for it. I just picked up a nice red DS3 too ready for my ‘not so nice person’ playthrough! Desperate for the Hero edition as I MUST have the Cole figure. Looks ace!

Was lucky enough to meet some of the guys from Sucker Punch last year at Eurogamer. Great guys, definitely getting my money (if I manage to rustle some up that is). :D

GarethUbuntu 17 May, 2011 @ 1:26 pm   43

Nice! looking forward to it.

Quick Question:
What are the prices of each edition?

I’m interested in the hero edition (mostly just for the bag because it’s awesome!) but i’m hoping that isnt too expensive and i could possibly afford it with other games (F.3.A.R., Duke Nukem Forever, etc)when the time comes.

Bearskopff 17 May, 2011 @ 1:30 pm   44

Hero Edition looks to be retailing at £99.99. Can only seem to find it on Play too so it looks to be exclusive to that retailer. Here’s the link though it may not work:

TroubleMaker411 17 May, 2011 @ 1:34 pm   45

ARGH!
I was really hoping for a wordwide release on the 7th.
I booked that week off of work for E3 and Infamous and was hoping to have the week to play.

Any chance of some images of the dual shocks please James? Would love to get one, but I didn’t like the look of the KZ3 one.

Cheers

PS. nice to see some new news, other than PSN outage news. Cheers again

VenomUK 17 May, 2011 @ 1:43 pm   46

Elliot this is great news. Can’t wait to see what’s changed and improved.

I am very happy to see the blog and PSN returning to normal. Hopefully gamers and Sony appreciate each other more in our mutually beneficial relationship.I think it’s true what they say, a new era has arrived.

This is the PlayStation Spring!

Already pre-ordered my copy of the Hero edition I just want the bag plus the game too :P

Esarty 17 May, 2011 @ 1:51 pm   48

Should do some good business with regards to sales due to the extra boost from giving all PS3 owners a free copy of the first game!

Thyer92 17 May, 2011 @ 1:54 pm   49

What version of InFamous 2 comes with the controller package? (Special or Normal)

XReTRoLeMOnX 17 May, 2011 @ 1:56 pm   50

is there a beta for this?

Load all