Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 10:54am

PlayStation Network Maintenance Later Today

PlayStation Network will undergo routine maintenance today, between 16:00 BST and 00:00 BST. If you wish to play online during the maintenance, please ensure you sign in to PSN before 16:00.

The latest information I have on PlayStation Store is that we are aiming to have it live by the end of May. Contrary to popular rumours, it will not be reopening tomorrow but we will let you know here as soon as the date is confirmed.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience caused by this essential maintenance.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

495 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first
Primal_Link 24 May, 2011 @ 2:07 pm   1

oh well guess i have to wait a while longer

PS: First

grimbarian 24 May, 2011 @ 2:08 pm   2

Dammitt

Oh no, I was almost sure PS Store is gonna be open tomorrow :/

I’m fine with that :), Can’t belive people are that stupid to belive in the rumors.Just getting their hopes up for nothing.

considering it was only a roumour tho…so end of may or sometime next month? we will see….?

spikkle 24 May, 2011 @ 2:10 pm   6

great more time we cant be on the PS Network now. We dont even get the store after it either.

Why is it taking so long? for god sake.

TheMatty 24 May, 2011 @ 2:10 pm   7

-.- ……:(

turbogeek421 24 May, 2011 @ 2:11 pm   8

The Welcome Back package better be kick-ass!!

spikkle 24 May, 2011 @ 2:11 pm   9

I dont mean to moan, not anyhmore anyway its just so frustrating.n

You have a welcome back pack which WE CANT EVEN GET YET.

Im going to go… cause otherwise im gonna just go mad again.

MK24ever 24 May, 2011 @ 2:11 pm   10

Well, this won’t affect me allot, since I’m waiting for E3 to buy a new PS3… I’m hoping for the announcement of a new SKU (500Gb with wi-fi N?) or a price drop… Psst James…. can’t you tell me if there’s reason foe me to wait or not? XD

PHILYPOT08 24 May, 2011 @ 2:12 pm   11

wow lol i never believed the rumours but if store anit back up by may 31st sony would have told another lie yet again.. just get the store up asap its just becoming a drag now

mynsterguard 24 May, 2011 @ 2:12 pm   12

please can someone send me a email, when someone know the date/ when playstation store open (patrick.mynster@gmail.com) please boys/girls :D

Bumblebee 24 May, 2011 @ 2:17 pm   13

NUTS. I’ll be out tonight until about ten pm and wanted to play SOCOM co-op from about half ten. ARRRGH!

Also, AARRRGHHH! Because I want to get my DLC vouchers for LA Noire and SOCOM sorted out. I feel like I’ve not got what I paid for at the moment.

I can’t believe mynsterguard’s post, above. Just keep checking the blog you pranny! Nobody knows, or will know, until it’s on here. You think you’re SOOOOOOOOOOOO SPECIAL!

Also, I hope Sony use this time to “tweak” the welcome back package. It’s hardly fair for dedicated Sony PlayStation lovers that own all the games already, either from purchasing or from Plus subscriptions, that we get NOTHING effectively. Give us some LOVE, Sony!

AnthonyDwyer 24 May, 2011 @ 2:17 pm   14

What a surprise, I estimate June because Sony never meet there own deadlines. Any News on a revised Welcome Back Program for real gamers?

AnthonyDwyer 24 May, 2011 @ 2:18 pm   15

^ Sorry I mean – their own deadlines

tinytheclown 24 May, 2011 @ 2:20 pm   16

Who knows when it’ll be up i’ve been patient not once complained about the outage i just want an estimated time please

Thanks for add me 60 days on plus yay!!!!! Tomorrow is as big say for opening psn store? i hope so!!! Now focus on new psn services and good press conference in E3 :D

ShadowDoGGG 24 May, 2011 @ 2:20 pm   18

But Developers already have the PS Store right?

TomG22 24 May, 2011 @ 2:20 pm   19

I’m sorry Sony but you left yourself wide open for crticism here – why put any PS services back up when you are missing the very essence of PSN (the store)?

Its not just about buying things but redeeming codes is far more important than online play. A lot of people have bought LA Noire with additional content and they will not be able to us it.

Surely there is a work around?

X_Weapon 24 May, 2011 @ 2:21 pm   20

I’ve played online this morning, around 09:00 GMT. I can play when I come back home right? Just to be sure.

Anyway bring back the Store ASAP. Thanks again.

ShadowDoGGG 24 May, 2011 @ 2:21 pm   21

Also I know Sony, if anyone is going to get anything first – its America. Lets keep checking their blog for today.

Why do you choose the most inconvenient moment of the day? From 17.00 til 1.00 is the moment most gamers game!

Or is this just to show disrespect to the European gamer?

TomG22 24 May, 2011 @ 2:22 pm   23

That should of said “use” it! :O)

liortttttttttttt 24 May, 2011 @ 2:23 pm   24

that sucks

Shadowdragoon 24 May, 2011 @ 2:23 pm   25

So, as a part of the make good to the comunity packagge, will PSN Comics store and Video Store be released to the rest of Europa? think of all the goodwill, and all the temptation from getting stuff from there, that will bring.

kivi95 24 May, 2011 @ 2:23 pm   26

21# You can still play if you are online before 17.00

This is terrible news.
And what about the protaction plan?
Yeh I thought so.
My confidence is below zero.
Thanks for nothing Sony!

MRBLING555 24 May, 2011 @ 2:25 pm   28

YES ! you are a sorry lot. good job i brough an xbox

almighty-slayer 24 May, 2011 @ 2:27 pm   29

Back by the end of 2012 then ;)

niemtoor 24 May, 2011 @ 2:27 pm   30

DAMN!!!! I thought PSN would come online today :(((((

niemtoor 24 May, 2011 @ 2:28 pm   31

Playstation Store I mean

Stocko 24 May, 2011 @ 2:28 pm   32

No use whining, they have it online when they are ready!

Stocko 24 May, 2011 @ 2:29 pm   33

@MRBLING Yeah good job for paying for online you idiot…

hollandnigel 24 May, 2011 @ 2:30 pm   34

No worries, It’s worth the wait to make sure everything is working correctly and secure once again, especially seeing as it is a free service,
The Welcome back pack will more than make up for it :-D

Jacko_the_lad 24 May, 2011 @ 2:30 pm   35

It’s hilarious how people are complaining about the Store not coming back up yet, when it was just rumours anyway.

tristano111 24 May, 2011 @ 2:30 pm   36

it’s not that bad that ps store is offline… i just want the welcome back package! XD

MrLopes 24 May, 2011 @ 2:31 pm   37

Nice.. great work to give us this heads up..!!

I got baseball practice anyway so.. no psn for me today anyway..

G2OWLY 24 May, 2011 @ 2:31 pm   38

It sucks that the store won’t be up until ‘sometime before the end of May’, but then Sony did say this ages ago. So thanks GameSpot (and the usual others) for sharing your ‘news’; you are the reason that me and countless others now feel dissapointed, like the last few weeks haven’t been bad enough already.

No doubt many will blame Sony anyway, as that seems to be the popular choice!

GameSpot and Co, please stop shovelling rubbish our way and either properly investigate rumours (you know, just like ‘real’ journalists!) or ensure you clearly and repeatedly caveat that their is no official word on whether true or not.

This is exactly why we should listen to James and wait for the official word!

abd_1995 24 May, 2011 @ 2:32 pm   39

lame!

By the end of May?
Unacceptable.
As a consumer, I feel in my rights to ask why it’s taking so long, and also in my rights, I am entitled to a honest and factual answer.
I don’t care about update schedules, nor if the “Welcome Back” program takes longer, all I want is the ability to access the content I already own, but have no access to, and to register my Mass Effect 2 code.
THIS is the reason many others are against digital distribution as a valid medium. I paid for games and content that YOU are denying me. I’m not a lawyer, but I’m sure that constitutes as theft.
I have a 60GB PS3, as such can not be expected to keep all of my DLC and PSN games on my console. Instead I only download what I want to play, and delete things I am currently not, until a time I wish to.
Only now, I am stuck playing the same content repeatedly, frustrated, knowing I “own” more, but being denied it.
Stop holding our content hostage and sort it.
Also, if a rumour is untrue, deny it, before people accept it as fact. Letting this “PS Store, this week” thing go this long, you’ve damaged your already badly beaten name. Yes, the rumour mill is a bad, but you too are to blame for not denying it instantly.

Dashing_Nelson 24 May, 2011 @ 2:34 pm   41

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH GREAT

Jacko_the_lad 24 May, 2011 @ 2:34 pm   42

Sony said “by May 31st” weeks ago. You have no argument.

Blame games “news” sites for publishing false information.

hedges1001 24 May, 2011 @ 2:35 pm   43

i just realised the wii has more stable online components than psn.
friendcodes ftw

joSeff87 24 May, 2011 @ 2:37 pm   44

i don’t understand why the maintenance takes place between 4-midnight, why not 9-5 whilst most people at work so it doesn’t interrupt peoples online gaming?

jason54400 24 May, 2011 @ 2:38 pm   45

So what is this downtime for then?

I3loodthirsty 24 May, 2011 @ 2:40 pm   46

so got longer to wait before i can redeem my dlc codes for dragon age 2 and mass effect 2

almighty-slayer 24 May, 2011 @ 2:40 pm   47

@Sisee

Buy a bigger HDD so you can fit more on your system :p

BurningLance_2 24 May, 2011 @ 2:40 pm   48

oh well

well thank god its not a long time for end of may since its the 24th today so its just a week for the end of this month so it will be up soon…….. i hope.

well i guess i go play Patapon 2 while i wait for store to get back up for Patapon 3.

um if anyone wants to play Patapon 2 then give me a message and we can join up in Ad-Hoc

Bovrillor 24 May, 2011 @ 2:40 pm   49

@42 – friendcodes? don’t make me laugh. They’re the reason I ditched Nintendo after 20+ years of buying their stuff.

The PSN thing is just a large hiccup, friendcodes will always stink.

ligtningrod1 24 May, 2011 @ 2:41 pm   50

Well I hope I can hang on to my pennies for the store next week.

Money hole pocket.