Posted 2 June

PlayStation Store Is Available Now

I’m happy to confirm that PlayStation Store is open and you can now download content and redeem voucher codes. We will update you with the full lists of new content available to PlayStation Network members and PlayStation Plus subscribers here on the PlayStation.Blog in the next few hours.

You may have noticed that the content promised as part of the Welcome Back offer is not yet live. It is currently in the final stages of testing and will be available to download very soon; we’ll be sure to let you know when.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

231 Comments 23 Author replies
Show oldest first
SGTSTEELFACE 2 June, 2011 @ 6:58 am   1

Nice one Nick thanks when can receive the welcome back package and does then psn + come included

On the US PS Store they said they are doing another update tomorrow, will the EU store get one as well?

James Gallagher 2 June, 2011 @ 7:04 am

We’re all just getting into the office and I’ll clear up details like that over the course of the morning.

shaolinsword 2 June, 2011 @ 7:01 am   3

Thanks for the update and thanks for FFVI

on a completely unrelated note. Is there any chance of sorting downloaded games alphabetically?

Croopnick_PL 2 June, 2011 @ 7:01 am   4

I got error when I’am entering store.

Croopnick_PL 2 June, 2011 @ 7:03 am   5

ok, I restarted PS3, works fine now :)

polynski 2 June, 2011 @ 7:03 am   6

nick!!!!!!!!!!! you absolute god!!!!!!!!!!! i can download my games and addons that i bought months ago

Omegastoopreme 2 June, 2011 @ 7:06 am   7

Hmm. Isnt loading.

Error 80710D36??

polynski 2 June, 2011 @ 7:06 am   8

*licks nicks face*

v85rawdeal 2 June, 2011 @ 7:07 am   9

The Store. A digital shop. I tried to picture clusters of downloads as they moved through the computer. What did they look like? Ships, motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I’d never see. And then, one day… at 6.15am on 2nd June…

I got in…

Phoenixfire90 2 June, 2011 @ 7:07 am   10

When is Beyond Good And Evil HD 20% off discount on Plus going live?
MY MONEY NEEDS SPENDING!!!!!

Light-and-magic 2 June, 2011 @ 7:07 am   11

Will there ever be an option to pay with paypal in the playstation store?

Nick Caplin 2 June, 2011 @ 8:20 am

We’re looking at many options for the future, so it’s certainly possible.

hollandnigel 2 June, 2011 @ 7:09 am   12

Awesome! Well done guys! Looking forward to getting my hands on WipeOut HD Fury!
Looks like I have another day off today due to weather so this is perfect timing :-D

polynski 2 June, 2011 @ 7:09 am   13

i have to feel sorry for james though nick always get the glory n james always has to tell the bad stuff

Phoenixfire90 2 June, 2011 @ 7:09 am   14

BTW signed in but keeps giving me stupid error codes when trying to go into Account Management and sometimes Store!!!

Agriel 2 June, 2011 @ 7:10 am   15

Ok thanks James, sorry I know you guys must be busy today.

Carnivius_Prime 2 June, 2011 @ 7:11 am   16

ah it’s good to see the store again ain’t it? :)

BrownSparrow 2 June, 2011 @ 7:12 am   17

Everyone, quickly get your Ost’s from Söldner-X composed by Rafael Dyll!! it’s now on psn, its finnaly there!!! also the 9 new tunes from last chapter!! holy piece of pizza!

smartblond 2 June, 2011 @ 7:13 am   18

I’m getting an error code. I got in after the third try and it says can not download to account.. Come on guys!!

Carnivius_Prime 2 June, 2011 @ 7:14 am   19

YAY! finally Streets of Rage 2 with trophies and online play. Downloading now :)

Gonna try Outland trial as well :)

SGTSTEELFACE 2 June, 2011 @ 7:14 am   20

to be fair to sony there is alot of content on the store but i hope welcome back package is soon as its taken long enough anyway

Nick Caplin 2 June, 2011 @ 8:21 am

It will be. The first thing we need to do is get the store up and live and make sure everyting is working fine. Then we will introduce the welcome back content. Won’t be long, I can assure you.

OptimusGoz 2 June, 2011 @ 7:15 am   21

so so awesome to see the store back up. few errors but who cares.

i thing i do want to ask for, well, PLEAD for, is for a delete option in your download list. i have 495 items in it right now, and its a real pain trying to find something if you need to redownload it. PLEEEEEEASE.

SGTSTEELFACE 2 June, 2011 @ 7:16 am   22

downloading infamous 2 demo and outland trial im such a cheap skate its just im waiting for the package no pressure

Aprisaiden 2 June, 2011 @ 7:16 am   23

Well Aus store isn’t working for me yet, but ill be patient — now when can we expect a store update / welcome back content to be online (though my L.A Noire dlc + Assignments means you have until Monday before i start getting too impatient)

Nistelroy78 2 June, 2011 @ 7:16 am   24

I can see US store is more accesible than EU store for now .. so there its possible to get Red faction and Infamous 2 demos without error codes :D

polynski 2 June, 2011 @ 7:17 am   25

i imagine user will be emailed activation codes for the welcome back

Agriel 2 June, 2011 @ 7:17 am   26

The store servers are getting hammered guys, if you get an error just keep trying, you will get in.

Shikome 2 June, 2011 @ 7:19 am   27

When is the store back u… Wait… Now what do I whine about?

Omegastoopreme 2 June, 2011 @ 7:19 am   28

Free PS+ isnt up yet either.

Also when R we getting honest hearts for fallout new vegas?

mamatjunit 2 June, 2011 @ 7:21 am   29

i m downloading infamous 2 demo! But some content are marked as errors

Phoenixfire90 2 June, 2011 @ 7:22 am   30

Just got my free Plus games and themes.
A dragon theme, Burnout Paradise, Magic: The Gathering, Patapon 3 avatars!?!
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.
Now give me Beyond Good and Evil HD and I’ll love you again Sony!!

polynski 2 June, 2011 @ 7:26 am   31

burnout paradise free for ps plus? aww i have that game but got great deal on it from ps store so meh burnout paradise plus all addons for £24

Rachet-200 2 June, 2011 @ 7:26 am   32

Hi James Gallagher
When the welcome back package comes on does the 30 day PS+ sub come on as well.

lowrider007 2 June, 2011 @ 7:27 am   33

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Welcome back!!

Man so much stuff to download!

Phoenixfire90 2 June, 2011 @ 7:28 am   34

@polynski

Yep and Magic the gathering and Streets of Rage 2 are free for Plus aswell.

Salty500 2 June, 2011 @ 7:30 am   35

yey, nice work :)

Shardoom28 2 June, 2011 @ 7:32 am   36

The Americans have Honest Hearts available for download already. Was to be expected I gues that we’d have to wait, not sure why though.

lowrider007 2 June, 2011 @ 7:32 am   37

James,

Could be a content list of what’s gone up on the store today please.

lowrider007 2 June, 2011 @ 7:33 am   38

James,

Could we get a content update/list of what’s gone up on the store today please.

AZY1978 2 June, 2011 @ 7:36 am   39

good job sony but you should add an option to buy from the store using PayPal or U-Kash vouchers etc, would put a lot of ppl’s minds at ease.
never played the first Infamous so thats on my list but for now i’ll happily play the Infamous 2 demo til then

NOZonline 2 June, 2011 @ 7:39 am   40

Downloading is soooooooo slow I’m only at 2750kb at 10 mins with Infamous 2 demo!!!
The store is not working-here come the complaints!!!! lol

Nick Caplin 2 June, 2011 @ 8:23 am

There are so many of you accessing the store at the moment that due to the excessive load, it is a little slow. We are improving it as I write this, so you will see improvements in speed as the day progresses.

polynski 2 June, 2011 @ 7:39 am   41

everytime i comment replies automatically stop. why is that?

lowrider007 2 June, 2011 @ 7:40 am   42

Anyone else having a problem accessing the ‘Burnout Offer’ on the main page that is free for PS+ users?

It just says “This content cannot be accessed on your account” when I click on the offer.

HazelAM 2 June, 2011 @ 7:40 am   43

streets of rage twooooooooooooooooooooooo yay. ^_^

RavenXUK 2 June, 2011 @ 7:44 am   44

I need to reset my password. When will I be able to do that again?

*This is the first messege im writting since the network was down*

Better late then never.

My only gripe is i hope that SCEE are aware of the traffic the store will be under later today due to 1,000′s of gamers clammering for content so i just hope you guys are ready for it and dont come out with the obvious statement of “due to’s…” & “please be patient” talk were all familer with.

Because that will be a complete **** take.

I mean the store is riddled with “an error has orcurred” msg already… sigh!
You’d of thought over a month of downtime this’ll get sorted right?!?!?!?!

- I know its not your fault James but were all getting bored of things constantly going wrong.

Its safe to say that everyone that comments here are to an extent an avid Playstation fan which is why were still here after everything weve been put through, its just annoying that when thing CAN go wrong 9 times out of 10, with Sony, they usually do.

Im still here though so thats got to count for something.
Its just a shame that im here for the games though NOT for the service.

Your still the man though James.

Kratosman347 2 June, 2011 @ 7:46 am   46

Holy Jizz mokey, you brought it back BEFORE Friday! you guys rock!

samuelcd1997 2 June, 2011 @ 7:48 am   47

weird
i went in it and there was no content. then i got an error and can’t go in again
some people said it works if you restart your PS3 though so ill try that later

SGTSTEELFACE 2 June, 2011 @ 7:54 am   48

look eveyone some games and content when trying to access them as error code 807…… just go out of playstation store and try again think how many people are using old and new users to ps store

NeOn_TuRbOzZ 2 June, 2011 @ 7:55 am   49

I am so happy to hear this, but when i go on the store a error comes up 807 something :)

shadedgirl 2 June, 2011 @ 7:56 am   50

@ v85rawdeal

That’s very poetic it’s beautiful *sniff*

@ Sony

Yay! Welcome back to you. I can’t wait to go spend some money!

Load all