Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 4:30pm

Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception. Pre-order Bonuses, Special Edition And A Sneak Peak At The Explorer Edition!

With E3 coming up next week and promising to be packed with Uncharted 3 news, I thought it was a good opportunity to unveil the pre-order bonuses that will be available across PAL shortly and also give you some details about the European Special Edition. Last but not least, for those of you who are true Uncharted fans, read on for some details on the European Collector’s Edition: the Explorer Edition.

So first up, we have some multiplayer weapon mods, medal kickbacks and booster pre-order bonuses for which availability will vary between retailers across Europe. So, take a deep breath, here’s the lowdown:

‘Callout Mod for AK-47′

Equip your AK-47 with a laser sight that enables your entire team to see the location of the opponent you are currently targeting. How cool is that? Great for team building :)

AK47

‘Clip Size Mod for Para-9′
Increase the size of the bullet clip for your Para-9 pistol and spend more time shooting your opponents before having to reload. Something I will personally enjoy as I spend far too much time reloading and getting shot in the process!

Para9

‘Clip Size Mod for G-MAL’
Increase the size of the bullet clip for your G-MAL long gun and spend more time shooting your opponents before having to reload. The G-MAL is one of my favourite weapons so more bullets will make it even more enjoyable to use.

GMAL

‘Creepy Crawler Kickback’
Turn into a swarm of deadly creatures for a limited time and overwhelm your enemies. Definitely one of my favourite kickbacks. Unusual but very satisfying.

Creepy Crawler

‘Carpet Bomb Kickback’
Send out three grenades with a single throw to blanket your opponent – or take out a group of opponents – with multiple explosions. Here’s a video for you. Enjoy the triple grenade damage!

‘Regeneration Booster’
Boost your healing power to recover from your wounds more quickly. Extra energy is always welcome to survive multiplayer gunfights!

Regeneration

Next up are some details about the European Special Edition. Below is an early design for you to look at: it’s still work in progress but trust me, the final version will be epic and will look like Nathan Drake’s diary with fully illustrated pages, including concept art, screenshots, sketches etc. Of course, it will have a premium finishing and will definitely standout in your collection of games.

In addition to this, the Special Edition will include a PSN voucher allowing you to download the following items and enabling you to stand out when playing online:

• Multiplayer skin and weapon: ‘London Drake and Pirate AK-47′:Customise the appearance of both your avatar and your weapon.
  • Multiplayer ‘Upper Cut Taunt’: Allows you to give an upper-cut gesture for increased self-expression and bragging rights when playing online.
  • ‘Cash Multiplier’: Earn in-game cash much faster when playing online.
  • ‘Special Edition Decals Pack’: Decals to customise your avatar’s accessories.

Look out for an update on the final packaging design alongside the inside pages of the diary in the coming weeks, you won’t be disappointed! :)

Uncharted3_Special_Edition

Last but not least… a sneak peak at the European Collector’s Edition which we’ve named the ‘Explorer Edition’. We’re putting a lot of efforts and care on this particular edition as well and will uncover more details in the future but I’m pleased to say that it will include the Nathan Drake figurine, ring and belt buckle from the US Collector’s Edition. We are also designing an antic style replica traveller box with a real authentic feel to it: a definite collector item you won’t be disappointed with if you’re a true Nathan Drake fan. Content wise, the Explorer Edition will include the Special Edition (and its DLC of course!) as well as all the pre-order bonuses listed above. We’re also looking to add a few more items like a Nathan Drake passport holder and a 3D lenticular image like the InFamous 2 Special Edition. More news and visuals to follow in the coming weeks but for now, check out the visuals for the Nathan Drake figurine, belt buckle and ring below.

Figurine, Belt and Ring image

Finally, just a quick reminder about the Uncharted 3 Multiplayer BETA coming up. If you purchase the awesome InFamous 2 next week, a PSN voucher allowing you to access the BETA as early as 28/06/11 has been included in the box (unfortunately this promotion doesn’t apply to Australia, New Zealand and Germany). Equally, if you are a PlayStation Plus member, you will also be granted early access to the BETA from 28/06/11. But don’t worry, the BETA will be on PlaStation Store for everyone to download from 04/07/11 to 13/07/11 (except Germany). Just make sure you get involved, it’s setting up be a blockbuster online multiplayer experience. If you haven’t yet seen it, check out the trailer we released in April.

Anyway, that’s it from me. Let me know your thoughts and look out for more Uncharted 3 news during E3 next week!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

88 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first
Cringles88 2 June, 2011 @ 4:33 pm   1

The First video is set to private :( This may become the first ‘collectors edition’ that I purchase!

Thach Quach 2 June, 2011 @ 4:51 pm

Glad you like it. Look out for more details this summer :)

Thach Quach 2 June, 2011 @ 5:21 pm

By the way guys, you can click on the various pre-order images to see them in full size.

helghast102 2 June, 2011 @ 4:33 pm   2

You must tell me how much that Explorer Edition will cost, that case is GORGEOUS!

Cringles88 2 June, 2011 @ 4:35 pm   3

PS….Terrible song!

natsamson 2 June, 2011 @ 4:36 pm   4

I hope you guys allow the Explorer Edition in UK GAME pls, I would love to buy it !!!

polynski 2 June, 2011 @ 4:37 pm   5

hmmmm hmmmm yes me likey

Loost nice.

Antic – did you mean antique?

bennyrafal 2 June, 2011 @ 4:38 pm   7

i need to find one in Poland… nice ring :)

Now point out my spelling mistake :D

johnleonhart 2 June, 2011 @ 4:43 pm   9

I’m liking the looks of that special edition. Knew I made a good decision not to preorder the game yet! :D

StuDevo 2 June, 2011 @ 4:44 pm   10

I so want. Just tell me where to buy and take my money.

Djvilas 2 June, 2011 @ 4:44 pm   11

Is uncharted 3 going to have a multiplayer beta?

Thach Quach 2 June, 2011 @ 4:55 pm

Hi Djvilas. Yes there is one, just check my blog post for the details :) Make sure you take part!

Erroneus 2 June, 2011 @ 4:46 pm   12

Awesome! But PLEASE this time, make sure the big edition is also released in Scandinavia and that you don’t sell it via only one shop in the UK. For some reason Infamous 2 Hero Edition never found it’s way to Scandinavia :(

AnimaOnline 2 June, 2011 @ 4:48 pm   13

I need that Nathan Drake figure!

Man, all of this awesome news and it’s not even E3 yet. It really is a great time to be a PlayStation supporter.

Ti_dus 2 June, 2011 @ 4:48 pm   14

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’d die to get this edition with figurine!!!!!!!!!!!

fi8767 2 June, 2011 @ 4:50 pm   15

@Djvilas Read the bottom of the post ;)

Carnivius_Prime 2 June, 2011 @ 4:50 pm   16

OK I neeeed that Explorer Edition. I don’t normally go for the expensive collectors packs but Uncharted is my absolute fave game series ever and I want that statue.

It had your name at the top when I read it James.
Then you change it so that poor old Thatch gets the blame.

Wouldn’t have pointed it out if I’d known it was Thatch, seeing as my French ends at Creme Fresh

VictorAnalogy 2 June, 2011 @ 4:51 pm   18

@Cringles I thought it was kinda kewl…

Would also love to know what the RRP is for these. Will be a day one purchase, but which one?

SGTSTEELFACE 2 June, 2011 @ 4:51 pm   19

james anymore news and uncharted 3 looks beast whats the pricing gonna be

SGTSTEELFACE 2 June, 2011 @ 4:52 pm   20

for the special edition

Ti_dus 2 June, 2011 @ 4:52 pm   21

I’m almost crying with happiness ;(

VictorAnalogy 2 June, 2011 @ 4:53 pm   22

@X201: Unfortunately, your French doesn’t even get past “Creme” it’s “creme fraiche”. :P

Pacman_Ownage 2 June, 2011 @ 4:55 pm   23

Sex in a jiffy box pretty much :o

noruraeus 2 June, 2011 @ 4:56 pm   24

ok, Explorer Edition here I come, collectors editions are pure BS, but for Nathan I make an exception :)

@VictorAnalogy

I rest my case m’lud :D

AnimaOnline 2 June, 2011 @ 4:58 pm   26

Does anyone have any idea whether the Nathan Drake statue will match the size and scale of the Cole MacGrath statue? It’d be nice to have the both side-by-side with a matching scale.

Thach Quach 2 June, 2011 @ 5:04 pm

Hi AnimaOnline. Yes, the Nathan Drake statue will be similar to the Cole MacGrath figurine in terms of size.

stargateheaven 2 June, 2011 @ 5:02 pm   27

This looks AWESOME. Thanks ND!!!

Lucreto 2 June, 2011 @ 5:09 pm   28

Do you know where we can preorder the explorer edition.

I want it bad.

Pesico 2 June, 2011 @ 5:13 pm   29

I’m lost for words. I’m so getting the Explorer Edition. First Resistance Survivor Edition and now this. Thank you guys for all this awesomeness.

polynski 2 June, 2011 @ 5:13 pm   30

probably at play.com mate

polynski 2 June, 2011 @ 5:18 pm   31

ok 1 quick question…im sure loads of people will wonder the same after i mention it but resistance 3 uncharted 3 and infamous 2 wont need activation codes to play online will they?

polynski 2 June, 2011 @ 5:22 pm   32

im already unable to play homefront online because of activation codes being lost n i was the original purchaser didnt buy it second hand or anything but im still denied access

sowasred2012 2 June, 2011 @ 5:23 pm   33

If I could post a picture here, it’d be that forum-favourite one of Fry from Futurama looking angry and holding a wad of cash, with the caption “Shut up and take my money!”.

Honestly, this game is five months away, I’m not sure it’s healthy to be this excited for it already… (that said the MP beta is soon, so that’ll obviously help matters).

Looking forward to your showing at E3!

Djvilas 2 June, 2011 @ 5:23 pm   34

Nice! I ain’t got PS+ but will I be able to get it early with the free PS+ from the welcome back package? Going to try out PS+, see how its like and maybe buy it for my Birthday!

Thanks in advance!

Golwar 2 June, 2011 @ 5:25 pm   35

Except Germany here, except Germany there, except Germany everywhere?

You really start to [DELETED] off Sony. Why does only Sony fail to deliver content to adults, why competitors as XBL or Steam do so much better and are willed to improve the situation even further?

Just Sony, they have shown not the slightest effort since the PSN exists. They don’t even reply to show that they at least recognize the concerns.

Golwar 2 June, 2011 @ 5:26 pm   36

Except Germany here, except Germany there, except Germany everywhere?

You really start to annoy me Sony. Why does only Sony fail to deliver content to adults, while competitors as XBL or Steam do so much better and are willed to improve the situation even further?

Just Sony, they haven’t shown the slightest effort since the PSN exists. They don’t even reply to show that they at least recognize the concerns.

Carl-G 2 June, 2011 @ 6:06 pm   37

BOOM! SONY ARE BACK! :P [a big finger up to all the haters+hackers!) :D

That ‘Special Edition’ box looks well cool;P

Gam3roff 2 June, 2011 @ 6:07 pm   38

Looks great. Two questions though;

1. Will all the DLC (retailer-specific and edition specific) be available for purchase via PSN further down the road?

2. Will I be able to actually wear the belt buckle? (is it metal?)

danielmccue 2 June, 2011 @ 6:23 pm   39

That health boosting perk sounds absolute atrocious, its just like the juggernaut perk in Call of duty.

Have you people not been paying attention to things gamers hate in online games?

Every gamer who doesn’t pre order the game is immediately at a disadvantage.

Congratulations, looks like i won’t be playing online when it comes out.

danielmccue 2 June, 2011 @ 6:25 pm   40

And whats this stupid Perk where you turn into spiders?

i didn’t think it was possible but the multiplayer is ruined before the game is even out.

oh and i still have not forgiven you for ruining Uncharted 2 multiplayer.

Gekidami 2 June, 2011 @ 6:47 pm   41

Very cool, i just hope that we dont get shafted in Europe, in some way. I dont quite get why there has to be a difference between the US & EU LE in the first place, a different box art, sure but it’ll be a pain in the arse if the US gets some special kickback no one on the whole Eurasia continent has access too (unless the import).
But either way, i’ll defo be getting this, that swag looks awesome and i’m glad the preorder stuff will be in there.

What about pricing? How much more is the Special Edition compared to the Standard Edition. I might change my pre-order depending on this difference.

Coheno 2 June, 2011 @ 7:33 pm   43

Which coverart will the explorer edition have, or will it just include the special edition in it? And will the special edition be a steelbook?

Mr_Freaker 2 June, 2011 @ 7:34 pm   44

You know I am thinking of buying the LE just for the ring….
I am becoming a nerd

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! CANT WAIT, CANT WAIT!!! XD

Uncharted 2 was Awesome.

Uncharted 3 is epic, epic, epic, EPIC! :)

Opinions 2 June, 2011 @ 8:45 pm   47

Sweet mother of all things holy! I don’t think it’ll be worth bringing out a ‘Standard Edition’ no one will but it!

Any guesses on price and availablity yet before I rush down to my local retailer and re-do my pre-order?

Leon_DiZ 2 June, 2011 @ 8:49 pm   48

this is ridiculous. the ring necklace is nice, but the replica and the belt buckle are too much. they should have a version for everyone who wants the DLC, without all these extra stuff. that would be a day-one buy for me. but if i judge from the Infamous Hero Edition, the Explorer Edition will cost twice the price of the normal game. no thanks, i’m buying the standalone game (or maybe the special edition) and i will download the DLC packages when they become available on the store.

BigBoss587 2 June, 2011 @ 8:56 pm   49

I hope the Explorer Edition gets released on every european country. I’m still a little [DELETED] at Sony for not releasing the inFAMOUS 2′s Hero Edition in Portugal… -.-’

Erorrless 2 June, 2011 @ 9:26 pm   50

so i see uncharted’s MP is going the CoD way, helping noobs anyway it can. tisk tisk. why is everything getting casualified???

i blame nintendo