Posted 15 June

Music Unlimited App Now Available For Android Phones

I am very pleased to announce the immediate availability of a brand new Music Unlimited App for Android market in France, Germany, Ireland, Italy , Spain, UK and New Zealand.

Xperia-arc-Home01

Direct link to Android Marketplace

Our cloud-based digital music service gives you streaming access to more than 7 million tracks, anytime and anywhere. Our catalogue includes all major labels and publishers worldwide as well as independent labels.

You can now enjoy this digital service on Sony Ericsson’s Android-based mobile devices including Xperia arc, Xperia PLAY, Xperia X10, Xperia X8, Xperia neo, as well as Android-based third party devices.

Xperia-arc-MyLibraryXperia-arc-PlayerChannel-alt

And of course, our Music Service is still available on PlayStation 3 and PSP as well as many other internet connected Sony devices, from Bravia HDTVs to Blu-ray Disc players, Blu-ray Home Theater system and personal computers including VAIO.

So, the music you want, wherever you want!

Join us and discover new artists and millions of new tracks – they are just a click away.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

47 Comments 10 Author replies
Show oldest first

ATIPdante 15 June, 2011 @ 4:08 pm   1

yay! just need to get a sony xperia play or pro now :p have subscribed to this for a while now, just wondering if there would an additional charge for the phone version? thanks

Cristina Giuliano 15 June, 2011 @ 4:35 pm

No, no additional charge for the phone version if you already have an account :o)

TalllPaul 15 June, 2011 @ 4:19 pm   2

Great stuff, i`ve been looking to getting a HTC for a while now to replace my iPhone 3G. If and when I do Qriocity might be something I get to replace Spotify. Does it have an offline mode for when there is no connection available?

Cristina Giuliano 15 June, 2011 @ 4:39 pm

Unfortunately not at the moment, but this is something we are looking into .

Thanks… For NOTHING!

Indentity theft program please, Sony?

CircleOfFire 15 June, 2011 @ 4:24 pm   5

That app is way too big, my phone wont install it because it’s 32 megs. That’s gonna stop a _lot_ of people from using it that don’t have an Android phone with lots of internal storage.

Looking at the screenshots I can’t even see why it is that big, most of the graphics look to be album covers downloaded from the internet.

when does the rest of EU get Music Unlimited, Video-store, Comic-store ???

Cristina Giuliano 15 June, 2011 @ 4:45 pm

We know you guys are waiting and we are working hard to make this happen at some point in the future. Thanks for your patience!!

Video Store was promissed for the rest of Europe at e3 2009!

Brilliant! Now I can get behind this – until now it’d just been on my PS3 and with other services offering it across more devices Music Unlimited wasn’t really for me. but now…

nemesisND1derboy 15 June, 2011 @ 4:27 pm   9

Hey guys, looks awesome :)

I’m still not entirely sold on Music Unlimited though.

Are you guys offering the 180 day trial of the basic service like the US are?

Cheers!

Cristina Giuliano 15 June, 2011 @ 4:48 pm

Watch this Blog space…. good news and very good offers for Europe coming very soon too! ;)

Xenostar 15 June, 2011 @ 4:29 pm   10

Thats fantastic news now do the same for the comic store, and get them both on iOS as well.

Sounds good;)

vherostar 15 June, 2011 @ 4:31 pm   12

Wooo! About time I use spotify right now only because my phone provider gives me a free premium account but once its ran out i’m switching :)

whoelse 15 June, 2011 @ 4:33 pm   13

Any plans for an iOS app?

Looks like a nice app, good to see connectivity shared between devices like this.

My only wish is for a basic service which is free with ads because I wouldn’t use it regularly enough to justify paying monthly. Any chance of that in the future?

ninja_tom 15 June, 2011 @ 4:44 pm   15

Is Qriocity on android yet? So many services from Sony its difficult to keep track.

BlackZam 15 June, 2011 @ 5:01 pm   16

Sounds awesome, but when will it come to Sweden?

Byscott 15 June, 2011 @ 5:28 pm   17

Humm would be good to know about the offers you talk about are.

Would like 30 days to try it out first or an AD supported version like spotify

smokeypsd 15 June, 2011 @ 5:38 pm   18

Luckily I don’t have my Xperia Pro yet, as it isn’t released yet in Australia, which I’m tremendously annoyed about.

I’m only mildly annoyed that Australia doesn’t have this at launch with the rest of the territories like so many other instances :(

manveru1986 15 June, 2011 @ 5:47 pm   19

Dear Sony!
There’s no “patience” I don’t know why you split europe for better and worse part. Why here in Poland we don’t have qriocity, comics store? Please, be better than Apple, and don’t treat US like worse poeple…

aKa-DrunkBrit 15 June, 2011 @ 6:11 pm   20

sorry to be off topic but why WON’T you update ps browser????? so sick of APPLICATION NOT SUPPORTED on SONY websites USING A SONY PRODUCT!!!!! ffs its getting beyond a joke. Also why when in game since psn came back does my screen freeze when friends come on or offline? WHY on earth would i get a sony phone when the ps3 i payed over £300 for CAN’T function as ADVERTISED???????????

almighty-slayer 15 June, 2011 @ 6:23 pm   21

Great stuff!

I use Music Unlimited loads on my PSP and Laptop. Happy to see i can now use it loads on my phone, too.

Good job guys

tcviper 15 June, 2011 @ 6:23 pm   22

Get it in the Netherlands please :) Right now our only choice is Spotify or iTunes and id prefer to have this on my Bravia TV and PS3 plus iPhone :) Thank you Sony!

aKa-DrunkBrit 15 June, 2011 @ 6:26 pm   23

should i have bought a ps phone? my friends x10 can view facebook, twitter etc but my ps3 can’t?????? WHY? WHY? and WHY? all i get is blank page, or should i be a pc gamer to access your webpage, which would be of no relivance then!!! or more likely a ploy to get me to buy a sony laptop/pc?? If so i would game on that. CANT EVEN CONTACT SUPPORT FOR AN ANSWER USING PS3 OR VIEW MY EMAILS, sort it or this is yet another customer you’ve lost

PORTUGAL 2011

No Video Store
NO Comic-store
NO Indentity theft program
NO MUSIC

Nothing

Sony’m already sick of your promise.

Now I will make a serious question, and I liked that answer. I saw the following news

The where can I get the tools that is spoken in question 3.

“Some hackers say Sony wants to deter customers from modifying the PlayStation3. Is that true?
No, there’s a real misnomer there, we embrace independent game development; if you call that hacking, then we embrace that. We give people tools that let them create new experiences. What I don’t think we are in support of is someone trying to hack our device to pirate software and possibly collapse the platform.”

night_sign 15 June, 2011 @ 7:25 pm   25

Portugal is rejected by Sony, even with a good number of users.

frodouk 15 June, 2011 @ 7:44 pm   26

Seeing as Sony have all those services in other countries, does it not make you think that the issues they face are due to your country, and not actually anything Sony can do to speed it up?

Sony are a company, they want YOUR money. It makes NO sense for them NOT to bring all services to ALL countries.

Think before you type.

timewarp87 15 June, 2011 @ 8:06 pm   27

I have the napster android app, doe the Sony one allow you to save the music to listen on your phone offline like Napster does? Mobile reception is not too good round here

frodouk 15 June, 2011 @ 8:14 pm   28

No offline mode as yet, but they are looking into it. Already answered above

al090187 15 June, 2011 @ 8:28 pm   29

32mb install? And no option to move to SD card? Why is this app so big, when other streaming music apps such as Spotify and Napster are less than 5mb?

dividsmythe 15 June, 2011 @ 8:49 pm   30

class it is v good

@ Cristina
As you can see looking at my flag I live in a country that Sony doesn´t care about.
No Movie service, No Comicbook service and no stupid music service.
So my country is not listed in the link you provided me and I´m still without a satisfying answer that results in someone “looking” for a solution for my country.
It sure doesn´t do everything!

IREWolfman 15 June, 2011 @ 10:01 pm   32

Why no 180 days free like US?
Noticed it says my PS Plus runs out this month!!!!

Where are my 2 free months?

marcindpol 15 June, 2011 @ 10:05 pm   33

we will never get playstation video store, qrioity on demand (video) OR ANY OTHER LIKE LOVEFILM ETC…

thanks Sony for your patience…

tom1234321 15 June, 2011 @ 10:20 pm   34

Why doesn’t this app or the official PSN app work for HTC wildfire, is there any plans to bring it to this phone? I might be getting HTC wildfire S, do the apps work with that as it’s an updated version of the phone model? Thanks.

UK-Johnst 15 June, 2011 @ 10:37 pm   35

Glad that this is now on Android, but after, an admittedly short, play with it on the free 30 day subscription, I’m left thinking that it is a pretty weak offering for mobile devices.

The lack of off-line play (of even of tracks that you already own!!) means that making it my main media player on my mobile is not an option for 2 reasons:

1. Constant data usage (can’t be on wifi all of the time)
2. Slow switching of tracks

I’d really like to be able to switch to a music service that I can use on all my devices but sadly it’s not to be yet, and I can’t be doing with switching media players on my phone for different situations.

Until offline play is provided I won’t be considering keeping the subscription.

Drian_Thierf 15 June, 2011 @ 11:37 pm   36

It’s great that i can see that people outside my country can have even more content.

But I wonder when it will be available in POLAND?!
I don’t care whether the services will be in English or in Polish, but treating some European nations as better than the others is not a good PR policy.

Poles want Music Unlimited, Digital Comics and Video stores! And I’m sure that We don’t really care whether it is difficult or not to start the services here. We pay for your hardware and licensed games, so We deserve the same treatment like the rest.

CyberAlyMan 16 June, 2011 @ 1:06 am   37

In america they’re getting a 180 say free trial, are we going to get anything like that in the UK? I’d need to try it to see if it was any better than Spotify, which I already subscribe to.

ScaryKids69 16 June, 2011 @ 5:15 am   38

Is this for all Android devices or only Xperia’s? Because it does not show up on the Market for Vodafone 845

Why is this not compatible with my SONY ericsson X10 MINI???????!!!!! This is beyond stupid.

Cyba_Cowboy 16 June, 2011 @ 9:47 am   40

Despite what the article says above, this IS available for (compatible) Australian Android devices- I just downloaded it to the wife’s Xperia X10!

No such luck for the Xperia X10 mini pro, though I’ve come to expect this as most Sony applications in the Android Market do not support the Xperia X10 mini Pro…

Hopefully this won’t be a problem when I upgrade to the Xperia Play and the wife upgrades to the Xperia Neo or Xperia Arc in the near future.

jason54400 16 June, 2011 @ 1:08 pm   42

look at the reply to comment number 9

“Hey guys, looks awesome
I’m still not entirely sold on Music Unlimited though.
Are you guys offering the 180 day trial of the basic service like the US are?
Cheers!”

“Watch this Blog space…. good news and very good offers for Europe coming very soon too! ”

that is for those that have not read all the replies

I3loodthirsty 16 June, 2011 @ 2:36 pm   43

i tryed the 180 day free music unlimited trial lastnight on ps3 and i dont like it as every song i tryed would play for 30 seconds then skip to another song.is it suppose to do that if so whats the point as im sure people dont just want to hear 30 seconds of a song

If this is not going to be available on the Sony X10 mini pro, I am cancelling my subscription. It is absolutely unbelievable that this will not be on a SONY phone, yet available to other makes. What is it with playstation apps and the X10 mini / mini pro? Even the official playstation app is not compatable either!

PingPong911 16 June, 2011 @ 10:55 pm   45

Is this app for iPhone/iPod Touch aswell?

Samatas 18 June, 2011 @ 12:37 am   46

Yay another service we’ll never get!

Still waiting for the video store btw, glad you are keeping your promises you made at E3

Blade15 21 June, 2011 @ 7:39 pm   47

Just want to say thanks for the app guys! love Music Unlimited and now I can play it on my Samsung Galaxy S is even better, Awesome!