Posted 6:11pm

Limbo Comes To PSN On July 19th

It has been one year since LIMBO originally launched, and that year has been an incredible time for everyone at Playdead. We’ve gotten feedback from many people around the world, and it’s been amazing to hear about the experiences people have had with the game.

So we are happy, on the mark of LIMBO’s birthday, to bring the experience further and share it with even more people. We will be releasing the game on the PS3 through the PlayStation Network on the following dates:

• US – July 19th
  • Europe – July 20th
  • Japan/Asia – to be announced soon

Since we have gotten a lot of requests for the LIMBO Soundtrack, we are also making that available starting this Monday, July 11th on iTunes. If you are interested in more infrequent updates about the game, please feel free to sign up for the newsletter on our website www.limbogame.org. So, with less than two weeks to wait to get LIMBO on PSN, we hope everyone will enjoy the game and the little extra secret we have in store for you…

We look forward hearing what you think!
Regards,
@DinoPatti

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

49 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
GeneralJeeb 8 July, 2011 @ 6:17 pm   1

Awesome news :) Completed it last summer on Xbox but very much looking forward to playing through it again! Kudos to the developer on such an amazing job :)

Azard300 8 July, 2011 @ 6:17 pm   2

Awesome! How much will it cost? £7.99?

Old stuff, should be cheap, 2,50 €

Price? PS Plus discount will be greatly appreciated! :D

BTW, 20 July is my birthday :D awesome gift <3

almighty-slayer 8 July, 2011 @ 6:28 pm   6

Hopefully the “little extra secret” is day one PS+ discount.

SCOUSE_LUNTY17 8 July, 2011 @ 6:30 pm   7

hey is hogs of war coming too ps store

seanoc1 8 July, 2011 @ 6:32 pm   8

I heard a lot about how good this was on XBLA so may check this out. 12 days until launch and no price stinks of being one of the more expensive PSN games though. Cost ~$15 on XBLA so if it is the same price that’s €15 at least in which case I hope there is a demo/trial available on the same day.

Djvilas 8 July, 2011 @ 6:33 pm   9

hogs of war? Never heard of that.

biotec 8 July, 2011 @ 6:38 pm   10

My guess is this will be free for PS Plus, it would be a great anniversary present.

Dante_Zero 8 July, 2011 @ 6:43 pm   11

wayhooo!!!! seriously been looking forward to this in future. Maybe next time don’t be so platform agnostic in futre though. thanks.

TheKillerSnowman 8 July, 2011 @ 6:45 pm   12

this is a game you can say lol to. :P i don´t like it. it´s a childs game we need horror games :)

Jesse-Blue 8 July, 2011 @ 6:49 pm   13

Great news. Lombo finally arrives.
Would like to know the price though, considering it is already 1 year old on the 360.

And a little extra secret?? Hm, sounds interesting!! An extra stage maybe?

xchris2008x 8 July, 2011 @ 6:50 pm   14

Hope theres a demo like xbox live did, i dont really like the looks of this game so would like to try a demo.

ShadowDoGGG 8 July, 2011 @ 7:01 pm   15

I completed on Xbox but didn’t understand ending. More confused by ending more than anything else.

European_Gamer 8 July, 2011 @ 7:08 pm   16

Is Limbo like they show in this video from Mega64?

BAZ1307 8 July, 2011 @ 7:20 pm   17

I never gave this a chance on the 360, so pretty much as soon as it arrives on the PS3 I’ll be buying it. :)

That trailer looks fantastic and I’m looking forward to seeing what the full game of Limbo has in store. :D

kivi95 8 July, 2011 @ 7:35 pm   18

3# Don’t buy it then. The game will still have the same quality that it had one year ago.

Newcloud 8 July, 2011 @ 7:36 pm   19

If the price is to high I’ll just play it for free on little big planet 1/2 :D

Osahi_be 8 July, 2011 @ 7:46 pm   20

You can’t imagine how happy I am at the moment. Hope my refund from BG&E is in my wallet till then. (Buying it nonetheless anyway, but it would help :P)

ShoaibO 8 July, 2011 @ 7:47 pm   21

This game is outstanding, really happy it’s coming to PSN.

ytevo79 8 July, 2011 @ 8:54 pm   22

Deffo for me. I was introduced a few weeks back drunk after the pub and fell in love with it XD

that’s good news but what took you so long to get it on ps3?

RedeyedRonin 8 July, 2011 @ 11:03 pm   24

“we hope everyone will enjoy the game and the little extra secret we have in store for you…”
^
its clearly the soundtrack free with the game be nice if it was free with plus but so would need for speed hot pursuit instead of the extremely dated been there done that burnout but plus doesn’t work that way cause that would mean me being happy with the content plus provides.and we cant have that can we

RedeyedRonin 8 July, 2011 @ 11:05 pm   25

anyway looks nice thx Dino Patti – Dino Patti lol

Alienshade 8 July, 2011 @ 11:34 pm   26

This is old news but a good one :)

sniperhobbit 9 July, 2011 @ 3:20 am   27

Nice 2 see another arcade jewel comeing psn side sweet, pleased I held on for the psn version and with trophys, day 1 purchase 4 me :)

SpeedyRyan-_- 9 July, 2011 @ 3:36 am   28

I have an unrelated question, I don’t think I am going to get a reply at this stage so if anyone reading the blog can answer my question I would really appreciate it. Does the digital version of AC1 have trophy support? I know the retail version doesn’t but I’m hoping it’s been implemented for the digital version, thank you in advance for whoever answers me.

Stonesthrow 9 July, 2011 @ 7:03 am   29

Cool, wanted to get this on 360 eventually but now I can just get it on ps3 and play it with my beloved Dualshock :p

Opt1mus76 9 July, 2011 @ 8:15 am   30

Now if PSN can just get SWOS, Ikaragu and Bangai-O HD…

X_Weapon 9 July, 2011 @ 8:42 am   31

Nice to see this coming to PSN. I hope the surprise is that we have not to pay the game full price. :P
9,99€?

Kirais7 9 July, 2011 @ 9:27 am   32

yeah. The only thing that still misses from psn are treasure’s titles. I mean, Ikaruga, Radiant Silvergun, Guardian Heroes.

Carl-G 9 July, 2011 @ 9:57 am   33

1 year to late i say. Why do we PS3 owners have to wait 1 year for this game? Hmm…

ssorc_bro 9 July, 2011 @ 12:20 pm   34

Any news on a price and maybe a discount for PlayStation Plus subscribers ??

DrWoetR 9 July, 2011 @ 12:39 pm   35

For €10,- I will buy this day 1. For anything more, I’m gonna pass since it is only a short game… But it does look amazing!

Debate; this or Outland? Only got money for 1

Coheno 9 July, 2011 @ 6:57 pm   36

Why no price in the post? But i’m guessing £9.99/€12.99/$15 as it was on 360 when it came out last year?

Tenchuwoh 9 July, 2011 @ 9:03 pm   37

I bought this game for my 360 cause i thought that it wont come in PSN.It was a nice game but it was too expensive.I completed it in 2hours and then there werent many things to do=/

carlosdfn 9 July, 2011 @ 10:48 pm   38

Finally! I can’t wait to play it, this was by far the 360 game that I wanted most.

MiiKifWii 10 July, 2011 @ 6:51 am   39

a fantastic & simple plataform game i have it on XBOX LIVE ARCADE

Mohegan13 10 July, 2011 @ 10:17 am   40

Won’t be buying it. I have it for 360 and I really enjoy it (certainly would recommend it to others how haven’t played it) but I’ve never been one of those people who buy things more than once.

hans832009 11 July, 2011 @ 9:26 am   41

This looks like a really interesting game, I’m going to look forward to playing it! :D

Shou_Kobayashi 11 July, 2011 @ 10:52 am   42

Depends on the price… and a demo

Rocstarr 11 July, 2011 @ 4:42 pm   43

cool video

Gnubberen 11 July, 2011 @ 5:24 pm   44

Been waiting for this for awhile now. Great news!

Amigaguru 12 July, 2011 @ 7:42 am   45

I fell for this trap 2 times before with these fantastic xbox360 titles …

First one was Braid, it was hyped beyond mostly any downloadable game, i bought it and absolutely hated it :(
Being a gamer i do understand taste between people and accepted that other people love this game but that metacritic is really lame assuch a high score indicates a game that everyone will not only like but adore.

Second one was Castle Crashers, it was also one of thoose games that everyone talked about on xbox360, i bought it instantly, and unlike Braid i did not even completed CC as i found it extremly repetetive.

So, sadly i will not get Limbo at day 1,i will wait for a demo and when i do i will play that quite a lot before deciding to buy the game.

most likely my loss as there is a saying about the 3rd time being…

Other than that, i still haven’t had the time to play Beyond Good&Evil HD and Infamous2 and a shedload of other top notch titles as my backlog is huge.

Carnivius_Prime 12 July, 2011 @ 12:04 pm   46

@45 I hated Braid too. Tedious ugly game. And yeah I found Castle Crashers pretty poor and unappealing with medicore graphics and unsatisfying gameplay (Streets of Rage 2 which is much older is a lot more satisfying to beat up enemies in and so is the recent Shank). I can’t say I was fond of Limbo when I played it on Xbox360 but what I do like is the fact the PS3 is getting these once Xbox-exclusives (whether it’s small store games like this or a big franchise such as Mass Effect) giving the PlayStation a better all round selection of multi-platform titles plus still having the largest and most varied range of quality exclusives (Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, God of War, inFamous, Motorstorm, Ratchet & Clank, Modnation Racers for example all different and all only on PlayStation)

hayzink 12 July, 2011 @ 4:41 pm   47

@ speedyryan

ac1 does not have a trophy set at all either the digital copy or the retail one.

back on topic, i played the demo on 360 but never bought it had other things to buy at time but i will get it for ps3 eventually day one if there’s a plus discount

hayzink 12 July, 2011 @ 4:43 pm   48

@45 and 46.

i bought braid on 360 when it first launched and i loved it for how different it was from most other titles at the time, as it was £2 recently i bought it again and altho im yet to do past the first level(got 200/200 gp on 360) i am so glad i rebought it.

love the game love the soundtrack and love the twist thats in the story.

Ryusennin 4 August, 2011 @ 12:16 am   49

As I announced some days ago, Limbo is now available on Steam for 9.99 euros. There’s absolutely no valid reason why we should pay more for the exact same game on different platforms. Therefore, I urge anyone interested in that game to pass the PS3 version and look for the PC one instead.