We announced the Extended Cut of the House of the Dead: OVERKILL just before E3 this year. It was quite an exciting moment for us as this is the first time we will have released a House of the Dead game on an HD console and the PS3 is the perfect home for an arcade shooter like OVERKILL. With the Move Motion Controller support and the 3D TV mode, we’re really making this the best in the series so far.
These posters and our box art pay homage to our signature retro b-movie look and hopefully you would have recognized the legendary Agent G and Detective Washington. This time around we also wanted to give Varla Gunns higher billing to the point where she became the headline character on the box art. This is no fluke; she plays a bigger part in this Extended Cut and we’ll have more details on this soon.
Exclusively for you PlayStation.Blog followers, we are also releasing some fresh screenshots and the fact sheet detailing all the new features of the OVERKILL Extended Cut.
Here is the complete list of exclusive features, only for PS3 owners:
- PlayStation Move and Sharp Shooter compatible
- OVERKILL fully remastered – available in high definition graphics and stereoscopic 3D for the first time ever
- Extended with two additional levels not in the original game
- Exclusive crossbow weapon
- New baby mutant type
- New Hardcore mode – mutants can only be killed with headshots
- New Classic mode – play through the entire game using only the AMS Magnum
- Exclusive missing reel – an extended boss fight with “Mother” in “OVERKILL”, the game’s final level
- Online leaderboards to track high scores and stats
- Collectibles to grab throughout all levels to unlock bonus materials; comic pages, music tracks, 3D models and 2D artwork
- New PlayStation trophies to unlock
- Improved boss fights in all levels
- New and improved cut-scenes using motion capture