Posted 21 July

Bonus Content Comes To ICO And Shadow Of The Colossus Collection

Shadow_4

We’re just a few short months away from the release of the ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PlayStation 3. As mentioned in the original announcement, this new collection features two of the most highly acclaimed video games of all time, now with full 1080p HD and stereoscopic 3D support, 7.1 surround sound, and full PSN Trophy support.

Shadow_10Ico_2

As if that wasn’t enough reason to pick up this collection in September, I’m happy to announce that the disc will also come with some amazing bonus content. Packed in every new copy of the game will be a voucher for two XMB Dynamic Themes, one for ICO and one for Shadow of the Colossus. In addition, on the disc itself will be a ton of exclusive video content from ICO, Shadow of the Colossus, and The Last Guardian that fans won’t want to miss. We’re busy finalizing the videos as we speak, and will have more details to share next month.

Don’t forget to pre-order your copy before it hits stores on 28th September 2011!

Ico_1

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

47 Comments 2 Author replies
Show oldest first

arashi_85 21 July, 2011 @ 11:37 am   1

Finally some firm details :) I can’t wait!

SirWillyBear 21 July, 2011 @ 11:37 am   2

It’s already pre-ordered here. Hope it contains some news about The Last Guardian.

Pre-ordered this November last year already! ^.^

funkpower 21 July, 2011 @ 11:48 am   4

Have already played both these games and they are fantastic! Shadow being the firm favorite. Will not have the time to play again as so many other NEW games to play. And probably a shiny re-hash does not deserve my money. Thanks.

VictorAnalogy 21 July, 2011 @ 11:48 am   5

I can’t wait to play ICO again. :D

Phil Lynch 21 July, 2011 @ 12:07 pm

You and me both VictorAnalogy, it’s still in my top three favourite games to this day.

whoismilan 21 July, 2011 @ 11:52 am   6

Already pre-ordered. :) Really looking forward to these.

MrGarry2u 21 July, 2011 @ 11:56 am   7

I think, as much as I loved Shadow of the Colossus and ICO that there is simply too much coming out in the forth quarter. I think that this, and the Metal Gear Solid collection are games that will have to wait until I’ve finished the likes of Skyrim, Saints Row the Third and Uncharted 3.
And then there’s the Vita to be thinking about… Bad timing. >.<

I can’t wait to relive these classics with trophy support

sniperhobbit 21 July, 2011 @ 12:11 pm   9

You have just made my day and IV only just woken up, cant wait 2 replay these 2 classics ^_^ BTW any new info on the last Guardian?

flamingcarrot 21 July, 2011 @ 12:25 pm   10

I have had this pre-order for a while now. Really looking forward to it coming out, and pleased to hear about the bonus content, especially the Dynamic themes, which I am sure will look great.

Small niggle – it is a bit lazy to copy the whole post from the US Blog without amending it. Bit of a give-away when you leave in the US release date and the American spelling of ‘finalising’ ……. ;)

Phil Lynch 21 July, 2011 @ 1:31 pm

Good spot FlamingCarrot, sometimes we share blogposts with our US colleagues if the content is exactly the same (you’re right on the “z” though ;) ).

However our release date is also Wednesday the 28th September.

For example, my original announcement post (where we’re giving the original PS2 artwork on the reverse of the inlay and have a different pack art) is here

cthulhu85 21 July, 2011 @ 12:26 pm   11

Can’t wait to get to play these games. :D I tried to find them on PS2 some time back (before this collection was revealed), but it was either overpriced used copies or nothing. So I was really happy when you announced this! :D And with all the extra stuff it’s going to be great :D

tribun-e 21 July, 2011 @ 12:32 pm   12

Hi im glad i get the chance too play this game.

{i also hope you give us someinfo soon about white knight cronicles II
DLC and repair the wkc2 psn store}

kingcrowbaruk 21 July, 2011 @ 1:07 pm   13

Hello Phil Lynch – European Product Manager, SCEE

When can we expect Modnation Racers PS3 on the EU store? It was due the day before the store was closed, then it was pulled with no explanation and there has been nothing said for 3 months.

shaolinsword 21 July, 2011 @ 1:14 pm   14

Great news, thanks

Its a shame I didn’t keep the art cards that came with Shadow of the Colossus though :(

Bumblebee 21 July, 2011 @ 1:15 pm   15

I am SO looking forward to this… I paid £75 for Ico back in the day in the PS2 limited edition version but my backwards compatible PS3 YLOD’d on me before I finished it, GAH! Loved Shadow too; I managed to finish that one however but it is a game I miss playing so I am stoked this is coming out. More HD collections please! Hopefully Resi 4 in HD… oh and for the love of all that is good and holy, will someone either HD up and tweak SOCOM 2, or make an HD SOCOM that is more like SOCOM 1 & 2 and less like the frustratingly unplayable SOCOM 4! I would call it something like SOCOM Redux and have ALL the maps from S1 & S2, plus the extra S2 maps we never had in Europe, perhaps some Confrontation maps, a PROPER lobby system with regional features to reduce lag and actually allow play with friends… customisable characters and controls, tilt to lean, doors that open, 60FPS engine, and the old game modes instead of the stupid modern ones. PLEASE! SOCOM fans are crying out for this game. Zipper don’t care so someone else needs to wrestle control of the SOCOM franchise it seems…

Toothball 21 July, 2011 @ 1:21 pm   16

I’ll be buying this at launch. I might wait until I have a 3D TV to play it though, as I’ve taken to 3D gaming quite strongly on other formats. Also I’ll need a PS3, but details.

Cyberendpunk 21 July, 2011 @ 1:40 pm   17

Now this is how you do a collection! I would be a fool not to pick up the two most awe-inspiring games of the PS2 era. And I can only hope The Last Guardian is not that far behind.

I really would like to buy the collection day 1, as SOtC is my favourite game of all times. But I’m afraid that a “ultimate collection” could be released when The Last Guardian arrives, similar to what happened with God of War. So it would be really nice to know if such a limited collection edition (ICO+SOTC+The Last Guardian) is planned or not.

VictorAnalogy 21 July, 2011 @ 1:53 pm   19

:O Just realised. This means I can put my originals, with postcards and all, in shrink wrap until the end-times. :)

Out of all the games I’ve ever played. These two stand out alot. Can’t wait again for these.

Linconan 21 July, 2011 @ 2:36 pm   21

I’ve never played ICO etc, but i’ve heard alot of good things from forums.
I’m interested in checking it out, and 3D just seals the deal for me :)

I don’t have either of these, but have played a tiny bit of ICO. Very tempted to buy this, but the MGS collection comes first, and with Dark Souls, Skyrim and Uncharted 3 coming out, I think I might have to give it a miss.

MaxRstar 21 July, 2011 @ 2:57 pm   23

words are not enough to describe the experience i had when i first played these two wonderful games on ps2… I can’t wait now to enjoy now the full experience!! Thank you so much!

UJNemesis 21 July, 2011 @ 3:53 pm   24

I already own both for the PS2, but I’ve already pre-ordered the collection. The bonus content doesn’t sound that interesting, and I don’t know when I’ll have the time to play them again, but I need to own the best versions of these brilliant games.

Awesome news about the reversible inlay though! (I usually just check this blog for store updates, so I didn’t know about it)
The silvery “shiny” thing behind the logos really makes it look terrible, so I’m very happy it’ll be possible to replace it with something A LOT better.

HaRRy-HatCHeT 21 July, 2011 @ 4:00 pm   25

I just can’t wait to get my hands on this collection :) These are the most original, breathtaking & beautiful games I’ve ever played. I don’t want to sound soft when I say this, but I was so drawn & hooked into Shadow Of The Colossus the first time I played it, I actually cried at a certain point of the game (I won’t spoil anything incase anyone hasn’t played it). Only this & MGS2 have made me cry, which to me, means that the games are awesome & such an experience to play again & again :D & the bonus content just adds just more hype for me. These 2 games are by far my best games EVER!!! :D

WolfiePL 21 July, 2011 @ 4:34 pm   26

Just dynamic themes? No avatars :( ?

WolfiePL 21 July, 2011 @ 4:34 pm   27

No avatars :( ?

bennyrafal 21 July, 2011 @ 6:29 pm   28

Nice one, preordered while ago :) dynamic themes…. damn, pure art incoming….

taurus82 21 July, 2011 @ 6:38 pm   29

Are these themes properly dynamic and not just still images fading in and out?
And will these vouchers expire after use?

LAClennell 21 July, 2011 @ 6:39 pm   30

am i the only person who doesn’t understand why these 2 games are special? they look utter rubbish to me

LAClennell 21 July, 2011 @ 6:42 pm   31

@wolfiePL where did you get that avatar dude?

WolfiePL 21 July, 2011 @ 7:00 pm   32

@LAClennell
Ratchet & Clank Platinum Pack

LAClennell 21 July, 2011 @ 7:11 pm   33

ah so thats the bonus dlc for that double pack. looks nice. thanks for the info

WolfiePL 21 July, 2011 @ 8:01 pm   34

yep R&C: All 4 One avatars and dynamic theme
you’re welcome

mattberg851 22 July, 2011 @ 12:03 am   35

Please does anyone know if theres going to be a Collectors or Special Edition? Phil said in replies on his last post they hadn’t decided yet

CassyChan 22 July, 2011 @ 1:21 am   36

Ico and SotC are incredible games, I can’t wait to play both again many times, it’ll help pass the time in the wait for TLG…

Kada-Dix 22 July, 2011 @ 12:40 pm   37

Best moment of gaming I ever experienced: The sheer size of the first “Colossus” you meet in SOTC, exhilarating, frightening, heart racing.

Opinions 22 July, 2011 @ 5:27 pm   38

Can’t wait for this. Its a shame we are being forced to rebuy the classics like this, even if they are better looking.

I’d still rather put my PS2 version of Ico into my PS3 and let it upscale it for me.

VIPER-G1 22 July, 2011 @ 6:07 pm   39

Really looking forward to this one

capitales7 22 July, 2011 @ 11:37 pm   40

Pre-ordered and holidays booked! I’M READY! :D

fcpavao 23 July, 2011 @ 2:16 am   41

I can’t wait for this to come out. Jesus, Shadow of the Colossus O_O

belmont6 23 July, 2011 @ 5:41 am   42

Cant wait to see what all they got… I am ready for surprises… :)

glenhomer22 24 July, 2011 @ 12:05 am   43

I still have the Ico Special Edition, but I can’t play it on my slimline PS3 so I may be tempted with this great package! (By the way, this is my first post on the PS App on iPhone :)

Yea man no way. I played this on ps2 and boi it’s a good game. Can’t wait to get this for ps3 ….

dazyb-- 24 July, 2011 @ 5:22 pm   45

Soz I used my old account lol and yea man can’t wait for this….. I no all grid numbers to so I can get syright stuck in…

Stonesthrow 28 July, 2011 @ 5:55 am   46

day one must have.. sotc is one of my alltime favorites, never finished ico so this will be a good chance..

always nice to get dynamic themes too, besides soundtracks and ingame dlc..

Will there be a special edition with an artbook like in Japan ?
It would be awesome !