Posted 4:06pm

TEKKEN Hybrid Coming Exclusively To PlayStation 3

We are very pleased to announce that we will be publishing TEKKEN Hybrid exclusively for PlayStation 3.

TEKKEN Hybrid, due for a pre-Xmas release, will feature three bone-crunching goodies on one Blu-ray Disc:

TEKKEN Tag Tournament HD

34018Tekken_Tag_HD_09

Pair up in the tag-team arena with the likes of King, Jun and Kazuya Mishima and unlock the classic TEKKEN Bowl mode in this definitive fighting experience originally released on PlayStation 2 and now remastered in full HD for PlayStation 3 – complete with PlayStation Network trophies.

TEKKEN Tag Tournament 2 Prologue

Get an early insight into TEKKEN Tag Tournament 2 for PS3. Featuring full 3D support, this special prologue version will feature four playable characters that appear in the movie TEKKEN Blood Vengeance; Alisa, Xiaoyu, Devil Kazuya and an as yet unannounced character. More details on this later…

TEKKEN Blood Vengeance

Set after the events of TEKKEN 5, this brand new, feature length, 3D CGI movie digs deeper into the corrupt underbelly of the Mishima Zaibatsu. Ling Xiaoyu and Alisa Bosconovitch uncover dark secrets that could destroy the Mishima family for ever, but will they survive long enough to reveal all?

We’ll have lots more info for you in the months leading up to launch so keep your eyes fixed on PlayStation.Blog.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

45 Comments 7 Author replies
Show oldest first
fanpages 25 July, 2011 @ 5:15 pm   1

Will a digital version of “TEKKEN Blood Vengeance” also be available to copy to a PSP[go] &/or PlayStation Vita console?

Also,… I know Namco is extremely busy with the development of many Tekken-related releases spread over various platforms within the next year or so, but may I submit a request for the consideration of a High-Definition update for “Urban Reign”, or even a sequel during this video game generation?

(With online play too this time around!)

Thanks :)

BFN,

fp.

Ross Alexander 25 July, 2011 @ 7:04 pm

We’re only announcing Tekken Hybrid today, I can’t confirm anything on your first question above.

On Urban Reign, hopefully Namco will see your post.

whoismilan 25 July, 2011 @ 5:22 pm   2

Nice, Tag Tournament is my favourite fighting game of all time, looking forward to playing it in HD. :)

AaronSOLDIER 25 July, 2011 @ 5:28 pm   3

Good to see you’re acquiring some third party exclusives, now do a deal with Square Enix and R*.

mh24185669 25 July, 2011 @ 5:30 pm   4

WOW, cant wait. this is going to rock! dont suppose any winners of eat them have news on code?

Tekken Tag Tournament hell yeah!

More PS3 Exclusives this year? ? ? COOL! :P (poor xbox 360 owners) :D

Blackinwoman 25 July, 2011 @ 6:10 pm   7

hm it`s full price game ? what the … I will buy it anyway ;)

shika1983 25 July, 2011 @ 6:14 pm   8

Might get this just for the TTT2 prologue.

Wonder who the 4th character is?

Ross Alexander 25 July, 2011 @ 7:02 pm

I’m afraid you’ll get no hints from me. It’s top secret.

Trebblebase 25 July, 2011 @ 6:21 pm   9

3rd larty exclusives for the win! Deffo picking this baby up.

Cyberendpunk 25 July, 2011 @ 6:28 pm   10

Despite being a huge Tekken gamer in the early millennium I have drifted away from the series over the past few years. TTT is the last Tekken game that truly captures what makes the franchise so great in my eyes. I put countless hours into this game so for the sake of nostalgia and the fact the CGI movies looks superb I will definitely be purchasing this hybrid. Also TTT2? Didn’t know they will add that, fantastic.

jason54400 25 July, 2011 @ 6:29 pm   11

Haven’t played a tekken hasn’t for ages infact I last played one on the ps2

xchris2008x 25 July, 2011 @ 6:34 pm   12

Keep the exclusives coming :P

xchris2008x 25 July, 2011 @ 6:39 pm   13

ah the guy incharge of wkc’s 2…

When will we be getting the dlc ? :P

Ross Alexander 25 July, 2011 @ 7:01 pm

Indeed, you’ve tracked me down!

Apologies for the delay. It is definitely coming ASAP, I’ll be on the blog to announce it as soon as it’s ready.

RemyX-1988 25 July, 2011 @ 6:47 pm   14

Personally, I’m so glad that this movie focusses on Ling Xiaoyu; my favorite TEKKEN-character!

And of course, I also can’t wait to buy TEKKEN Hybrdid! Now all we need is TEKKEN Tag Tournament 2 on PS3 in 2012! =)

I remember Tekken used to be my favourite fighting series, but for some reason I forgot about it after Tekken 5. I’ll have a go on Tekken DR and see if I’m still into it as much as I used to, then I might check this out.

Crinkled 25 July, 2011 @ 7:12 pm   16

Tekken Tag Tournament was my FIRST PS2 game, and just happens to be my favourite Tekken game. The graphics at the time were amazing, such a big jump from Tekken 3! It’s good to see that it’s being bought up to date in HD! It’s a definite buy for me, and TTT2 demo? Yes please! I’m not really fussed about the movie but hey, we will be getting our moneys worth!

Nice.

geddesmond2 25 July, 2011 @ 8:16 pm   18

Yeah I’m waiting for that WKC2 DLC aswel. Yous need to get it up fast. As soon as September comes the DLC will be useless to everyone moving on to other games.

As for Tekken Hybrid, looking forward to replaying TTT in HD. Just might be after christmas when I get it.

Skookie30 25 July, 2011 @ 8:18 pm   19

so in effect we getting 2 full games & 1 demo Yes.

that kinda Lame.

SIGGY987 25 July, 2011 @ 8:52 pm   20

cant wait for this

SIGGY987 25 July, 2011 @ 8:52 pm   21

cant wait

Is there any news on price? I don’t see one in this post

SHADYTOM88 25 July, 2011 @ 9:07 pm   23

just wow!

SHUV__iT 25 July, 2011 @ 9:44 pm   24

How come there’s a prologue for ttt2? did you run out of funds like the guys at polyphony digital?

CassyChan 25 July, 2011 @ 9:53 pm   25

HOLY **** ******* AWESOME!

TTT is my favourite fighter ever, slightly ahead of Tekken 3, so I’m hella excited for this! Also TTT2 Prologue and BV should be awesome, but please Namco, no more crappy scenario campaign modes :)

shafropuff 25 July, 2011 @ 10:04 pm   26

Is this gettin’ a cinema release in the UK? I heard something about it coming on the 27th but can’t find any details…

SpeedyRyan-_- 25 July, 2011 @ 10:52 pm   27

Cool!!

carlosdfn 25 July, 2011 @ 11:13 pm   28

This is very cool. Im going to be all over it.

Francision69 25 July, 2011 @ 11:21 pm   29

I’m very excited about this!

StriderHiryu1989 26 July, 2011 @ 2:31 am   30

Nice value package, glad the CG movie and an early insight into TK TAG 2 will be this year…

acousticguy92 26 July, 2011 @ 3:20 am   31

Haha I won tickets to see Tekken: Blood Vengeance in the cinema. The only time the movie is ever going to be screened =P

@Fanpages I would say that in due time this movie will be available for download to a PSP Go. If not you could snag the DVD and rip it.

Wow… looks good, if for the right price, i dont think this will be worth full retail game price.

elita411 26 July, 2011 @ 7:51 am   33

This HAS to be a joke. Let me get this straight: you are offering a game and a prologue of another game (like a demo or something) and also a movie (meh… we are here for the games) in a time where producers are offering 3 (THREE) full games HD remasterd even in 3D on 1 (ONE) bluray disc at very resonable price? Hmmm… Guess who’s after money here?! I may be wrong but i think i am right untill proven otherwise.

HazelAM 26 July, 2011 @ 8:54 am   34

it is coming to europe then?
that was one of my concerns with this.
that and the price.

Ross Alexander 27 July, 2011 @ 8:33 pm

Yes, it is coming to Europe.

We’ll update on price at a later date.

La_Mangouste 26 July, 2011 @ 9:34 am   35

Well, looks interesting.

Hopefully, it won’t be at a full game’s price. Something between 30 and 40€ would be great. ;-)

gorkaggs 26 July, 2011 @ 10:05 am   36

Im a sort of fan of tekken I started playing it since the fourth one and bought the other ones ever since anyway is there any news at all about tekken x streetfighter? I want to beat them all up

Noisepurge 26 July, 2011 @ 12:31 pm   37

Nice! Hope Europe gets the Hybrid early this fall!

vherostar 26 July, 2011 @ 12:32 pm   38

Tekken Bowling on PS3 woooo! Will be getting this purely for that! You should release an upgraded version of it on Tekken Tag 2. Was the best side game EVER. With move support.. Hell you could make it it’s own game I would pay for it!

budmuhnquai 26 July, 2011 @ 4:41 pm   39

Tasty.

Roneranger 26 July, 2011 @ 10:23 pm   40

YEAH! Me two for Urban Reign. Keep this up guys. Support if you want Urban Reign on PS3!!!!!! :)

snow_hawk_88 27 July, 2011 @ 12:09 am   41

I have pe-ordered this, I hope you’re happy, the Ps3 is taking all my money. :p

*ahem*make me a beta member*ahem*

zonetrooper90 27 July, 2011 @ 7:49 pm   42

Is both the games and movie in 3D? or is it only the movie?

@36 I think tekken x streetfighter is pushed to after the release of streetfighter x tekken, so I think we have to wait for it…

Ross Alexander 27 July, 2011 @ 8:35 pm

It’s both games, the full remastered HD version of the original TEKKEN Tag Tournament, TEKKEN Tag Tournament 2 Prologue (in essence a sneak peek at the next instalment in the series), plus a feature length movie with TEKKEN Blood Vengeance.

So all in all, lots of great content.

Stonesthrow 28 July, 2011 @ 5:51 am   43

didn’t really enjoy the Tag tournaments personally.. tekken 3 is the only game in this series that i really enjoyed

Roneranger 28 July, 2011 @ 5:02 pm   44

URBAN REIGN FTW!

acousticguy92 29 July, 2011 @ 5:15 am   45

Tekken: Blood Vengeance is a pretty good movie. Starts a bit slow with the story but its sick once it gets going!