Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 9:40am

Resistance 3 Public Beta Dates: Early Access Starts August 10th

BCES_01118_CEN

Many of you have been getting very excited about the chance to play Resistance 3‘s competitive multiplayer modes online when the R3 Public Beta launches. Today, we’re happy to give some additional info about the launch dates for the beta.

Resistance 3 Public Beta for PS3

First and foremost, across Europe, we will be giving priority access to PlayStation Plus subscribers. We plan to open the doors on August 10th – so please visit the PS Store and check out the PS Plus section then if you are a subscriber.

If you don’t subscribe to PS Plus, there will be further opportunities to get into the Beta after this date – so watch this space for more information.

The Resistance 3 Beta includes two of our major maps in the game, the Seaside of Glamorgan, Wales, as well as a Trainyard in Bogota, Colombia. It also contains two of our five modes, Team Deathmatch and Chain Reaction (the other three are Deathmatch, Breach, and Capture the Flag). You can level your character up, buy and upgrade weapons and abilities, customise your loadouts and unlock new skins. We have capped the level in the beta at 20, so you won’t be able to get the full range of abilities, modes, maps, and weapons until the game launches in September, but we hope you enjoy this taste of the experience while helping us test our online infrastructure.

Resistance 3 Public Beta for PS3Resistance 3 Public Beta for PS3

That’s all for now! We look forward to playing against you in the Resistance 3 Multiplayer Beta next week.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

49 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first
Hell-Raiser-85 28 July, 2011 @ 5:08 pm   1

Great cant wait. Will we get rewards for the retail version like what ND done in Uncharted 3 Beta?

nemesisND1derboy 28 July, 2011 @ 5:09 pm   2

Unfortunately I’m going away on August 10th :(

Any idea what date it ends?

Roneberg 28 July, 2011 @ 5:11 pm   3

Oh yeah!!! The best 50€ i ever spent!!!! ;) thanks guys!

Awesome news!

Still, I’m not sold about the plus thing…. yet…
Mainly because of the free games thing… I love to be able to achieve 100% trophies in my games and I don’t like the idea to rent games! That’s it! Free Plus games are not free to kept but free to rent! I loved when I brought Braid at a bargain price (2,5€) and know I it’s mine! I prefer bargains than free rents!

Who’s with me?

DessieB93 28 July, 2011 @ 5:16 pm   5

That move sticker ruins it, can we pre-order the Special edition yet?

Elliott Linger 28 July, 2011 @ 6:15 pm

Hi DessieB93 – the move sticker is, in this case, literally a sticker. You can remove it from the outer shrink wrap. :)
    Also, the reverse of the inlay is also a clean version of the pack.

DKShadow 28 July, 2011 @ 5:17 pm   6

“We look forward to playing against you in the Resistance 3 Multiplayer Beta next week” … August 10 isn’t next week ;)

Looking forward to it though, for sure.

TheSabreman 28 July, 2011 @ 5:19 pm   7

Some getting beta’s for free while others pay just seems iffy to me.

RedeyedRonin 28 July, 2011 @ 5:22 pm   8

@nemesisND1derboy
The day Before you return home

A few questions:

1. Will there be any rewards to unlock by playing the beta for the final game like for uncharted 3 beta?
2. How long will the beta run for?
3. What shop in Ireland can I pre-order the Survivor edition?
4. Is the Global resistance game working through PSN yet?

I really do think that people should get alot of oppurtunites to play this beta so thanks Insom and SCEE!
After teh announcement of PSN Pass, alot of people, myself included are worring if the mulitplayer will be worth getting….hopefully i will have a change of mind, afterall a team who spent 3 years on it must be doing something write :D
Thanks Insomniac!

LEONOFDEATH 28 July, 2011 @ 5:54 pm   11

Why do we have to wait an extra week after na gets theirs? Not a complaint. And i hate how Sony insist on ruining the cases of their games with that stupid blue thing.

SpeedyRyan-_- 28 July, 2011 @ 6:00 pm   12

Cool looking forward to this, will the beta have ps move support? If not will you be releasing a ps move gameplay trailer.

GarethUbuntu 28 July, 2011 @ 6:05 pm   13

AWESOME!

Too bad I’m on holiday when it starts… :(
but I’ll be back on the 13th, Ready to own you all ;) Mwahahahaha!

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

Rollopunk 28 July, 2011 @ 6:10 pm   14

I’m eager to get a taste of the multiplayer of R3. Hope it brings back some of the awesome memories i’ve got of the first Resistance..

Willie699 28 July, 2011 @ 6:19 pm   15

good stuff

almighty-slayer 28 July, 2011 @ 6:20 pm   16

Awesome news. Will give it a try but not expecting to like it very much :P

Like the Uncharted 3 beta will there be any criteria to be completed to unlock content for the proper game?

So if I subscribe for august I get in on the 10th?
Not been mean but plus does not really rock my boat tbh.
I think if you got more discounts on all games if you joined up for 12 months I would be more inclined to get it.
I joined for 3 months when it came out and just didn’t want most of the games I got for free.

Cannot wait I haven’t been playing online in a while, so maybe I’ll give this a go.

TheDarkArk 28 July, 2011 @ 7:18 pm   20

USA SOCOM 4 owners get access to the beta one week before PS Plus users do in the EU.

I own SOCOM 4 in the EU… surely we should be able to access the beta on August 4th aswel as those in the US?

chrisandsheva 28 July, 2011 @ 7:34 pm   21

good that i will get to try this out, i loved R2 but not a big fan of multi in general, dev’s seem to be puttimg more effort into this mode than the sp/story, personally i like games that i can kinda escape from reality n everyday life including friends !, so i’ve noticed the last year or 2 how harder it’s becoming to find what i’m into, .. still i’m a more mature (haha, older) gamer and i guess that the dev’s have to make games to suit the bigger (younger) market, …. progress ! .. can’t have it both ways i guess.

obiadekanobi1980 28 July, 2011 @ 8:22 pm   22

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH wheres the chimeria????? im looking out my window and i cant see no invasion lol

im from a town in wales called neath thats in the VALE of glamorgan there is no seaside of glamorgan its called the south wales coast so could you please call it that it would be soooo ace guys ill d/l this on minuite 1 cheers guys

jurgen_fool 28 July, 2011 @ 8:40 pm   23

“I do find it odd that PS+ subscribers pay for beta access when “Official beta testers” get it for free & are playing Resistance 3 at the moment in the private beta.”

PS+ Subscribers do not pay for Beta’s specifically. The majority of their subscription cost goes towards the PSN and PS1 games and minis. Saying that, Reistance 3 did not have official beta testers. The private beta was opened only to friends and family of the Resistance 3 developers I believe.

“Some getting beta’s for free while others pay just seems iffy to me.”
Grow some brain cells. That’s not happening. Having access to Beta’s is a priviledge PSN+ subscripers enjoy. Like i previously said, they pay for their monthly games.

BLEACH-Fan 28 July, 2011 @ 9:15 pm   24

Looks amazing Insomniac

PJHRES2 28 July, 2011 @ 9:59 pm   25

Well this sucks, I bought Resistance: FOM DAY ONE, Resistance 2 DAY ONE, Got the Platinum Trophy in Resistance 2 and the only way to get in the beta for number 3 is to buy PS+, that’s BS if you ask me.

This game is getting great previews, looking forward to play this game.
:D

Raiden74 28 July, 2011 @ 10:25 pm   27

Where is BTTF Ep V in EU (PT) Store? When is it going to be available?

Hamusuta_SWE 29 July, 2011 @ 12:59 am   28

Can you confirm that resistance 3 is going to utilize the PSN pass online passport system every game publisher starting to use it?

dav3duncan23 29 July, 2011 @ 1:28 am   29

Definitely checking this out!

sumpunk 29 July, 2011 @ 1:48 am   30

and this is exactly why i’m glad i’m a plus subscriber :D
really looking forward to this game. i had a great time playing resistance 2. luckily enough, i was in the beta for that too :-P

DarknessDK 29 July, 2011 @ 2:00 am   31

When can we preorder the Survivor Edition?

Still haven’t found a single site with any information on this edition.

sterushton 29 July, 2011 @ 7:38 am   32

gamestation had the survivor edition for pre order.

MUR0013 29 July, 2011 @ 8:59 am   33

That is nice to know but the funny thing is I just got an e-mail for the Friends and Family beta today but i have to play it on the NA PSN

bitbydeath 29 July, 2011 @ 9:01 am   34

@remb21, PS+ gives you new games all the time, i doubt by the end of the year you’ll still be playing all 50+ games.
Anyways that said generally when a new game is released plus has a discount on it so with that alone you’d likely make your money back and thats without including all the avatars and dynamic themes etc that you get to keep for the life of it.

And then you have betas and other goodies as well.

To put it bluntly, you are missing out bigtime.

Sp4reNL 29 July, 2011 @ 9:30 am   35

@reply to #5 / Elliott Linger

Well done :-).

I’m glad to hear our complaints about the spam stickers is being heard and now they are removable.
Please keep it that way in future releases. And also do this for the purple PSN spam (where applicable).

Fantatier 29 July, 2011 @ 9:38 am   36

first resistance im not buying at launch, do not want to suport mutilayer-passes….

John-PH 29 July, 2011 @ 10:32 am   37

Goooood dammit. I’m going on vacation on the 8th

X_Weapon 29 July, 2011 @ 2:05 pm   38

Give a chance to play even to us normal PSN users. :P

At least an open beta the last week, like Uncharted 3.

JonnyPauz 29 July, 2011 @ 5:08 pm   39

sweet

@ #4 remb21: Agreed.

I’m looking forward to it. Maybe I can put some time into playing this beta.

H_U_2_4_1_F_A 30 July, 2011 @ 6:16 am   41

Great news, but when is the price for the Resistance bundle i.e. the playstation 3d tv, resistance 3 and HDMI cable going to be announced for U.K.? I want to know quickly. The U.S. price is a bargain, hope the British price is reasonable for it.

MohammedMK 30 July, 2011 @ 9:09 am   42

Great news. I’ve been eagerly waiting for this.

Cassive-B 30 July, 2011 @ 9:33 am   43

Cool!

boaz996 31 July, 2011 @ 4:15 pm   44

I can’t wait for it

MUFC_321 1 August, 2011 @ 3:05 am   45

Resistance 3 is gna b jus da most awesome game ever. Really enjoyed Resistance 2 and loved the multiplayer and campaign especially n hopefully lookin to enjoy resistance 3 even more :)

excited.

An chance of an early eu beta code see there flying around twitter but eu codes seem to be rare? As scea Seem to giving na codes mainly?

Rocstarr 5 August, 2011 @ 9:17 am   48

Cant wait for this, it has to be my favorite game.

When will it be free for everyone ?