Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 5:00pm

Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Arrives On PlayStation Network

Hello Assassins!

We are very pleased to announce that Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood will be available for digital download over the PlayStation Network Network on August 3rd, 2011 for €29.99/ £23.99. In addition to the game, we’ll also be releasing a set of 10 avatars at a price of €0.49/ £0.40 each. Two of these avatars, Ezio and the Harlequin, will be exclusive to PlayStation Plus users and come free with purchase of ACB HDD.

PSN ACB Avatars

Also, as a special promotion, we’re dropping the price of the digital download version of Assassin’s Creed 2 (with the DLC bundle added in for free, including Sequence 12, Sequence 13 and all unlockable content) for PlayStation Plus members by 20%. The DLC will be available to Plus members at no extra cost after they have bought the full game.

The original Assassin’s Creed will be offered 50% off for digital download, only for PlayStation Plus members.

Now you can catch up on the entire story of Altaïr, Ezio and Desmond so you’ll be totally prepared for the release of Assassin’s Creed Revelations this November.

Vittoria agli Assassini!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

73 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first

There’s the price of the digital version in euros, but no £ sign to be seen! You put up the price of the avatars with both currencies :P

nemesisND1derboy 2 August, 2011 @ 5:16 pm   2

Why are the avatars double the normal price!?

That’s bonkers guys!

so i guess, if we bought it brand new 2 years ago we dont get the free dlc even being ps+ users

brunettepride 2 August, 2011 @ 5:20 pm   4

I don’t understand why the digital copy with NO BOX of Brotherhood is going to be around £20+ when you can get a psychical copy brand new for £12. The pricing of the digital download of full retail games on the PSN store is mental.

Stonesthrow 2 August, 2011 @ 5:22 pm   5

lol?! the ezio avatar is just for plus? what kind of bs is that? this is just like the plus exclusive killzone 3 avatars :s i can understand you’re trying to give something extra to plus members, but do we have to be the victim of that? really getting [DELETED] off at that plus stuff.. to make things worse, they’re not just timed exclusives, they don’t become available for non plus members at all :s now it’s just avatars, but where will this end?

SpeedyRyan-_- 2 August, 2011 @ 5:22 pm   6

I have a question, please give me answer as I have been asking this a while. Will Assassins Creed 1 ever get trophy support? I you were to implement this it would most certainly up the value of the game.

Or you could buy a brand new copy of amazon for £13.

Now I don’t know what that translates into Euros but i bet its a bit cheaper. THQ did this with the new Red Faction selling it for £50 yet i went into Tescos and saw it for £25.
I understand why you can’t sell it cheaper through download than in a store beacuse you’d then be under cutting the retailer and they might refuse to sell your games. So why not wait for the next gen which i assume will have at least a Tb hard drive then do the big sell through downloads.

adie-healey 2 August, 2011 @ 5:23 pm   8

nice, pay £23 for something that has NO value…

not like you can buy this for £13 on disc brand new, oh wait…..

dividsmythe 2 August, 2011 @ 5:25 pm   9

psnboy it only came out last year

ShadowDoGGG 2 August, 2011 @ 5:29 pm   10

Please everybody don’t be muppets and buy this.

Its £12.99 on Amazon UK
and £12.89 on SendIt (part of the hut group)

Search for “Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Platinum PS3″, includes delivery too.

@5
I highly doubt it because it was released before the trophy system came out.

bunnyho 2 August, 2011 @ 5:33 pm   12

What edition will this Brotherhood be? Will it be standard? Platinum? Da Vinci Edition?

X_Weapon 2 August, 2011 @ 5:37 pm   13

Vittoria agli Assassini!
^ LOL Sounds weird reads these words in Italian.

Anyway, I buyed AC:B Plat. last week at 24,9€. 29,9€ sounds like a good price for a 1-year old game.

Just one thing: This policy of doing discount just for Plus members is deprecable, you hear me, SCE?

NoobBlast 2 August, 2011 @ 5:39 pm   14

Why is the prices of retail games more expensive on PSN than a new physical factory sealed copy in stores?

A PSN retail game is mostly twice as expensive than the ones in stores. The old PSN thats put online is usually 10$ bargain bin games.

Haha it’s gotta be a joke but no one’s laughing. The price of these ugly avatars and the ACB itself is just ridicolous. And when is a Plus discount for the ACB DLC? By the way – I’m not buying Revelations until the COMPLETE version (all dlcs) is for 15£ on Amazon.

BenchyUK 2 August, 2011 @ 5:41 pm   16

If it was £15, i probably would have impulse bought Brotherhood. £23 is reasonable for a downloadable title on PSN but still too expensive.

Xenostar 2 August, 2011 @ 5:48 pm   17

Pricing is wrong again as usual, we know this, they know this, but its good to make sure people keep saying it or things will never change.

You can make more profit than at retail and still be competitive with retail pricing, so do it.

Dont give us crap about convenience, trust me logging on to Amazon is not that inconvenient, in fact with there 1 click purchasing system id say its more convenient.

Lambo92 2 August, 2011 @ 5:49 pm   18

Why is the Ezio avatar exclusive to PS+ users! That’s the only good avatar to get from the AC bunch. So unfair.

almighty-slayer 2 August, 2011 @ 5:54 pm   19

Damn they’re some awesome Plus discounts. Nice job Ubisoft and Sony!

Unfortunately i already own the whole AC series (and i love it by the way!) but will probably snag a few of those avatars

Wraxend 2 August, 2011 @ 5:54 pm   20

@Lambo92 Your spot on there lol.
Surely the main character of the game will be the biggest seller.

Darkliquid 2 August, 2011 @ 5:55 pm   21

Already own them all but might grab the Etzio avatar :)

Darkliquid 2 August, 2011 @ 5:57 pm   22

Ooops, Meant Ezio :(

scottad 2 August, 2011 @ 5:59 pm   23

Is the knight avatar in the set of 10? That’s the one I want, shame they are double the price of most avatars but at least they are on the EU PSN now :) I’ve been asking Ross for these for a while now.

somethingatt 2 August, 2011 @ 6:01 pm   24

Wow £24 is VERY tempting….Will probably be beat by the temptation and click “download” while browsing, as the £24 will be too hard to resist.

Great job Sony, it’s cheaper than most online retailers (new) and more importantly, cheaper than Steam!
THAT is how you price a digital copy. Watch the sales roar!

I´ve played all AC games and had a lot of fun with them (didn´t care about the mp). But for revelation I´m not exited. There are so many great games comming out this fall that I´ll wait until it´s cheap next summer.

somethingatt 2 August, 2011 @ 6:15 pm   26

*Great job Ubisoft*
I should say rather as publishers decide price this stuff I think.

And free DLC for PS+ users as well *faints* You guys are pure pwnage.

OTHER PUBLISHERS TAKE NOTE!

Andrefpvs 2 August, 2011 @ 6:37 pm   27

I’m not sure somethingatt is serious or not. In case he is, I’ll leave this here:

So tell me again about the reason why SCEE likes to promote multiplatform titles over exclusive titles in the same genre?

Does it have something to do with the fact that you believe sales == quality, and that there’s no wrong time to throw yourselves onto a bandwagon?

Xieldos 2 August, 2011 @ 6:47 pm   29

Does anyone know how much the original Assassins Creed is on PSN?

PippiHelmer 2 August, 2011 @ 7:29 pm   30

Why on earth are you selling the digital version for more than the physical retail version? Is the physical blu-ray disc magical and come with a negative price or what?

awkward_ghost 2 August, 2011 @ 7:36 pm   31

As usual the full-game download prices are way too expensive.

You can get Brotherhood NEW for £12.99 from Play.com (http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/20236168/Assassin-Creed-Brotherhood/Product.html?P36=UZQZZ9&affid=pricetracker&awc=buy-at&_$ja=tsid:11516|prd:pricetracker).

And you can get AC2 GOTY Edition (inc. DLC) for £9.85 from The Hut (http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/ps3/assassins-creed-2-game-of-the-year-platinum/10239093.html?affil=BUYAT)

Please get your act together Sony, these prices are genuinely insulting to your loyal fanbase.

Any claims that you think digital distribution is the future are just going to be laughed at until you sort out your pricing.

somethingatt 2 August, 2011 @ 7:46 pm   32

@Adrefpvs: I personally hate Platinum cases and the ease of launching the game from XMB can not be ignored, not to mention the free DLC we get.

But yes, originally I only checked the NON-Platinum versions and PSN was cheapest (for NEW copies). However if you add Platinum copies into equation, yes we get ripped off lol. Oh well.

Merkkari63 2 August, 2011 @ 7:48 pm   33

I don’t see why everyone is complaining about the price. In Finland the disc is still 40€ and Da Vinci Edition 60€. I’m downloading it the very second it goes up.

NoobBlast 2 August, 2011 @ 7:49 pm   34

“Assassin’s Creed 2 (with the DLC bundle added in for free, including Sequence 12, Sequence 13 and all unlockable content) for PlayStation Plus members by 20%. The DLC will be available to Plus members at no extra cost after they have bought the full game.”

So tis means that PSN+ users dont get the free DLC if they already own AC 2?

I remember when we had like 1 month to get better deal for PSN+ sub, then a month later the deal also included Sega Rally.

I fell like Sony is [DELETED] with PSN+ users as usual. Not to mention the promised awesome 1 year anniversary with freebies which actually was maybe the worst month ever for PSN+.

How can they expect people to hang on to PSN+ when Sony is doing so much wrong?

NoobBlast 2 August, 2011 @ 7:57 pm   35

So tis means that PSN+ users dont get the free DLC if they already own AC 2?

I feel like Sony is fiddling with PSN+ users as usual. Not to mention the promised awesome 1 year anniversary with freebies which actually was maybe the worst month ever for PSN+.

Who arent tired of all Sony’s broken promises since PS3 launch?

How can they expect people to hang on to PSN+ when Sony is doing so much wrong?

Not to mention the overpriced old retail games for download. They are all cheaper brand new on disc at retailers. As a bonus, you get to own the real physical copy instead of 0 and 1′s. You often get GOTY on retail too which even includes all DLC for free.

JordanBlack68 2 August, 2011 @ 8:06 pm   36

Price too high

Atinetro 2 August, 2011 @ 8:44 pm   37

Very nice!! Good to see it’s a decent price, and also good that PS+ haven’t been forgotten :-D

To the people complaining about the prices being too high, it’s the devs decision about the pricing not Sony.

SyLaR__GrEy 2 August, 2011 @ 8:59 pm   39

For all the idiots on here posting that their too expensive, GET REAL!! Remember, its 5 copies of each game, as you can download it 5 times from the account you use to purchase it. So if 5 people were to ‘share’……..you do the math.
And personally Id take digital download over disc any day. Cant get nicked or scratched and its saves energy as your system doesnt have to use a disc. – Sick of everyone complaining, you ask, and plead and beg for avatars, then complain that their 50c! You wouldnt buy a pack of gum for 50c. There are plenty of other avatars on PSN for the same price. I say well done & thank you to both Ubisoft & SCE on this.

i love AC:B its very good made game and i wouldn’t mind to buy it at this price but YOU are not in control over your account system activation … i have my 6 th ps3 and deactivate the broken one was a nightmare i couldn’t access my account for a MONTH

Hamusuta_SWE 2 August, 2011 @ 9:06 pm   41

I rather get the retail version of this game with the DLC for €9.99 at the local retailstore, a brand new one I might add.

Will there be a patch fixing all the trophy errors???????????

Merkkari63 2 August, 2011 @ 10:15 pm   43

There isn’t any framerate issues, RIGHT?

Will the save file from the disc version work with the PSN version?

tapantaola 2 August, 2011 @ 10:31 pm   45

Avatars used to cost 25 eurocents, why double the price up to 49 eurocents???

PHILYPOT08 2 August, 2011 @ 10:43 pm   46

ive got assassins creed brotherhood great game BUT finally assassins creed brotherhood avatars been ask for ages 4 them thank you cant wait 4 revelation november :)

This cant be serious 24 Quid!!! for that you should get all previous AC realeases thrown in not at reduced prices and +exclusitivity on some PLEASE,i’m glad i dont bother with it.

If you are going to sell premium downloads like these surely it would b better to just find an average between retailers as new and sell them for a pound or two more suits all then and pre-owned will still b cheaper if that’s your preference.

Anyway downloads like these are the laser disks of the games industr.

Salty_Snake 2 August, 2011 @ 11:15 pm   48

I already have the disc version, and I’ll be sticking with that thanks (I like to think my games furnished my room. ha)

Although I’d never buy a retails game off the PSN. My hard drive is clogged to the hilt as it is with smaller , PSN-only games and game data.

I don’t know why they bother releasing full game on the PSN, especially coming so late after the disc version and so expensive. I think PSN and XBLA are much better platforms for retro games, or smaller independant games.

Homicide_17 3 August, 2011 @ 1:23 am   49

LOL Pricing is a joke…ill buy it off Amazon for half the price… And SyLaR__GrEy you GET REAL!!!

Firstly your not even suppose to game share, so no its NOT 5 copies of the game that your allowed to give to friends..
You prefer overpriced digital version over physical because it cant get nicked or scratched…lol you do know the PS3 uses Blu-Ray so if your games are getting scratched or broke its your fault for not caring them..and your PS3 could get nicked or YLOD just like the physical copy so you could still lose it until you rebuy a PS3.

But if you prefer digital games with less content (game manual etc) thata cost more then physical be my guest to it…

MaceStation 3 August, 2011 @ 4:37 am   50

Well, it is a better price than the £50 that Activision wanted for Prototype, which was available as an Platinum title for under £15. But £25ish for a game that can be bought new for under £15 is still too much.
It is incredibly annoying, because I would much rather have a digital rather than physical copy, even if they were the same price, but I cannot justify spending a considerable amount more on a digital copy of a game, especially knowing that the publisher actually makes more money from a digital copy than from a physical one.

Load all