Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 7:12pm

Splinter Cell HD Trilogy Sneaks Into PlayStation Store Tomorrow

It’s nice to be able to sit and talk to you all after months of work. As you may have heard, tomorrow we are releasing a trilogy compilation of our very first Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell games on the PlayStation Store. It includes Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, and you will also be able to buy it on Blu-ray Disc at a later date.

Splinter Cell Trilogy: Knife Stab HD

As well as being able to buy all three games as a bundle, you can also purchase them separately as single games. The bundle costs €29.99/£23.99 and each individual title is €9.99/£7.99.

Each and every one of them has been highly acclaimed, each exceeding a 90% metacritic rating and bringing the stealth action genre to new heights. I am sure many of you are thrilled at the idea of embodying the cold and calculating Sam Fisher again. You’ll be able to relive this epic series in high definition with enhanced graphics fully remastered in 1080p HD. To top it off, owners of 3DTVs will be able to experience Sam Fisher’s adventures in stereoscopic 3D. And finally, we added trophies for a more rewarding experience. I shall congratulate in advance those of you who get the platinum. Believe me, it won’t be an easy task!

Splinter Cell Trilogy: Hanging HD

And just because we love PlayStation Plus users, they will enjoy a special treat:

• 20% Discount on Splinter Cell
  • 10 % Discount on Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
  • Splinter Cell Theory comes with an exclusive theme featuring Sam Fisher

See you with goggles on.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

237 Comments 31 Author replies
Show oldest first
StevenHibs 9 August, 2011 @ 2:05 pm   1

Hold on a second, it’s cheaper to buy individually ???

2 pence cheaper, but still ???

National clowns

is that the new limbo minigame in the first pic? ^_^

Hasquarl 9 August, 2011 @ 2:07 pm   3

Will there be demos?

vicheous 9 August, 2011 @ 2:08 pm   4

Hm what a suprise! But the price is a bit steep! BUT i’ll still buy this ;-) Will keep me going until Deus Ex and Driver comes out!

Xenostar 9 August, 2011 @ 2:09 pm   5

Even cheaper to buy seperatley with the plus discount, still who cares about the bundle price, you’ve actually got the digital price right for once, its below RRP, not as far below as it will be at retail, but its available weeks before retail so that makes up for that, thank god it seems that you guys are actually starting to listen.

Well done,
I will be buying.

G-Force08 9 August, 2011 @ 2:09 pm   6

Sounds awesome! I hope North America gets it soon as well! I know the blu-ray version is supposed to come out next month but it will be cool to get the downloadable version early as well.

mhjpsn08 9 August, 2011 @ 2:10 pm   7

over £2 saved for ps+ users to buy them individually then, taking into account our discount.

Roxas598 9 August, 2011 @ 2:12 pm   8

no discount on the bundle? :(

STUPID_DAD 9 August, 2011 @ 2:12 pm   9

So how much is the bundle with the plus discount?

Amherst_Wind_4 9 August, 2011 @ 2:12 pm   10

@vicheous what the hell are you talking about steep price!? This is probably the best retail-game-on-psn price there has ever been!!

This is a great move with the price, I’m very tempted but how big are the downloads Akshay? Chances are that my hard drive is more likely to stop a purchase than my wallet is right now…

Akshay Paul 10 August, 2011 @ 4:14 am

Hey Amherst_Wind_4

Well altogether its bout 10 GB but here’s a breakdown of each title size:

SC : 2.5 GB
    SCPT : 2.9 GB
    SCCT : 4.8 GB

vonhammer 9 August, 2011 @ 2:13 pm   11

What system are they ported from.

TalllPaul 9 August, 2011 @ 2:14 pm   12

OMG A classic game. A deffo must have for me and a PS+ discount tops it off just nicely

AlexW-29 9 August, 2011 @ 2:14 pm   13

This is how Digital Content should be done, Without over charging a left ear for it. The Bundle should still be a few quid cheaper than buying seperately :)

shedboy90 9 August, 2011 @ 2:14 pm   14

woohoo splinter cell :)

TalllPaul 9 August, 2011 @ 2:15 pm   15

Oh and…No discount on the bundle for PS+ subbers?

jason_trixta 9 August, 2011 @ 2:20 pm   16

Splinter cell is great, the to expansions not so great. No discount for buying the bundle?

Roxas598 9 August, 2011 @ 2:20 pm   17

like to point out that the games are actually in the 80% region not 90% on metacritic

kinda misleading isn’t it?

Akshay Paul 10 August, 2011 @ 4:19 am

Hey Roxas598

Besides SCPT bot SC and SCCT have a game rating of above 90.
    No intent to mislead anybody, i assure you :)

STUPID_DAD 9 August, 2011 @ 2:21 pm   18

Will be picking up bundle……just need to find psn card,most stores are out of them

Does a person who came up with these prices and plus discounts have brain? Bundle should be 25 euros with additional plus 20% discount.

Chaosprower 9 August, 2011 @ 2:27 pm   20

Individually: 29.97€
Bundle: 29.99€

Wow! Buying the bundle saves you so much!

deadrest 9 August, 2011 @ 2:28 pm   21

OMG!!!!!!!! had no idea when theese games were out tomorrow GUTTED i would buy all 3 , but thanks to riots my car was blown up & place i worked in basically gone to , i love theese games anyone who hasnt played em they are superb , everyone who gets them you are in for a treat ! GUTTED 8(

JordanBlack68 9 August, 2011 @ 2:31 pm   22

Good price too, its £23.86 on shopto, but if you are plus, you get a discount, so its cheaper.

What’s the size of the downloads?! Us with the 60GB’s don’t have too much space…so might have to wait for the disc release…

Wraxend 9 August, 2011 @ 2:35 pm   24

Hey you feeling okay Ubisoft these prices are the same as retailers and a month ahead of them. Quick Question does Pandora have the multiplayer with it?

Danlisa 9 August, 2011 @ 2:37 pm   25

Sweet! That’s great value and I welcome the fact that you can buy them separately. Nice.

Something that I’m not buying then.

H_U_2_4_1_F_A 9 August, 2011 @ 2:38 pm   27

WOWEEEE. I was getting bored with all the good games coming out from next month. Still, I may decide to buy it in Game, so that I can trade it in after.

Silent_Gig 9 August, 2011 @ 2:38 pm   28

How about the file sizes?

skele25 9 August, 2011 @ 2:46 pm   29

Nice, but kinda sucks that you must wait extra month for Disc version what i prefer more, it will be hard to choose with this and resident evil 4 HD :(

DAVIE222 9 August, 2011 @ 2:54 pm   30

i must say, the ps blog has such a loyal comunaty, i always see same people comment! i mean look at most of the posts, around 30 comments! not that big but hey the people who comment on the blog are always commenting! atleast we all know each other :)

Lukewarm 9 August, 2011 @ 3:03 pm   31

I would like to know which versions these are ported from. Xbox versions were far superior to the PS2 ones.

SKIBADEE187 9 August, 2011 @ 3:04 pm   32

will get all 3 tomorrow then this is a great surprise will cancel my preorder.

osman45 9 August, 2011 @ 3:05 pm   33

I’m still hoping convictions gonna be put on PS3

SKIBADEE187 9 August, 2011 @ 3:06 pm   34

each game will have a platinum? hope so

Akshay Paul 10 August, 2011 @ 5:18 am

Yep :D
    Each game has its own platinum trophy, so if u buy the bundle you get 3 trophies to unlock.

zeeky94 9 August, 2011 @ 3:06 pm   35

I dont think I can believe it!? It’s actually cheaper on the store than retail HOLY S*** That must be a first! Well done on the awesome price guys!

Stonesthrow 9 August, 2011 @ 3:11 pm   36

No thx, I’ll get this on Blu Ray so I have them all on one disc instead of having to download them all seperately and taking up space..

And it’s not cheaper than retail out here, the same..

AaronSOLDIER 9 August, 2011 @ 3:12 pm   37

@11 PC.

That bundle price really made me laugh.

pawelgr5 9 August, 2011 @ 3:18 pm   39

Hmmm why not to give 20% discount for bundle?? (PS+ users)

Agreed, a discount on the Bundle for Plus people would have been… smart.

xchris2008x 9 August, 2011 @ 3:35 pm   41

Good price for HD remakes, hopefully others will do them for the same price.

zeeky94 9 August, 2011 @ 3:39 pm   42

@37 The RRP here in england is £30 but you can find it mostly at £25 and a few places at £20 so it’s still pretty awesome.

Dante_Zero 9 August, 2011 @ 4:04 pm   43

can’t wait. defo getting which means might have to wait on the psn play offer. can you clairfy if ps plus will get a discount on the whole bundle or just two of the 3 games. thanks in advance.

Jefferson050 9 August, 2011 @ 4:11 pm   44

if the big company’s weren’t so money hungry, we where still be able to play the ps2 version on our ps3. The whole reason sony removed the backwards game compatibility, So they can overcharge us with these ports that are hardly even HD

No buy for me. I already own these games, so why pay for them again.

RedeyeCult 9 August, 2011 @ 4:45 pm   45

yeah give us a bundle plus discount please your not seriously gonna charge more for the bundle are you big mistake on a otherwise good deal oh and i see not further developments on putting in multiplayer in chaos theroy oh did i say putting in sorry i meant putting back in as your scrapping it right? in this oh so better version not happy at all we all thought the extra time was you realiseing your mistake remember your last post when the question was posed may people were walking away at that point and rightly so you cant take away a good co-op mode and call it a better version so well? it in or what? no yeah thought so… complete rip off to not include something like that might just get the other 2 an advantage you dont have with the retail disc eh?

Catkiller1 9 August, 2011 @ 4:58 pm   46

£23.86 @ Shopto for retail disc!!

Skookie30 9 August, 2011 @ 5:12 pm   47

I think i would buy the each title why when you buy a bundle you get 3 files to download if the bundle was cheaper i & others will get the bundle.

i always thought if you buy bulk goods you get things cheapers development costs etc most bundles you see live the avatars are cheap & certain games.

but kudos UBISoft for a realistic price cheaper then the RRP & same amount as assassin creed brotherhood. :)

ps when was sam fisher when the UK-Roits?

Skookie30 9 August, 2011 @ 5:13 pm   48

*Riots

darthroel 9 August, 2011 @ 5:17 pm   49

this does have analog stick aiming right? not some sort of auto-aim

Picking up the bundle tomorrow, awesome news

CozMick 9 August, 2011 @ 6:38 pm   51

This release has made my week, so happy!

Will get the entire bundle…separately, due to Plus :\

Bealinator 9 August, 2011 @ 6:46 pm   52

You are best waiting for the Bluray version – far, far cheaper. And if for some reason you don’t like it you can sell it on.

Must say though that the pricing is far better than the £11.99 POP titles – are they getting a price cut soon?

Skookie30 9 August, 2011 @ 6:53 pm   53

the PoP are on sale i got the bundle for 16 quid when i buy it like i thought it would it flaged the 3 separate content with red icon that was still £11.99

so you see buying bundle saves money :)

chrisandsheva 9 August, 2011 @ 7:09 pm   54

at last i can spend the money in my wallet,as i now resent sce so much the thought of them earning interest off me hurts,seriously though i’m a happy gamer after hearing bout this today, and normally i would’nt touch download over disc but will make exception for this, sorry for u guys who want multi as well, but since i could’nt afford internet back then i never tried it.have to say that conviction was’nt that good {compared} so ur not missing much if ur waiting for that.(imo)…. just hope that the plat is relevant to how the game is ‘meant’ to be played, can’t wait.

Savaloy 9 August, 2011 @ 7:15 pm   55

This just made my month! shame i work for a week in a row now thou :(

mystic2405 9 August, 2011 @ 7:18 pm   56

“each exceeding a 90% metacritic rating”

what?

they each got 87%?

Akshay Paul 10 August, 2011 @ 5:31 am

Hey Mystic2405

These are PC ports and PC games have ratings above 90, cept SCPT which is 87, just averaging them out. :)

chrisandsheva 9 August, 2011 @ 7:24 pm   57

i know that digital is one day going to be the only way to buy a game, and now that (in this case) the pricing is more realistic i have to wonder if one day it will truly work, say for instance after ur finished with a game would/could it be possible to kinda sell back your ‘licence’ to play it as a part payment towards the next one etc, now that would be a giant step forwards,… maybe one day.

RemyX-1988 9 August, 2011 @ 8:14 pm   58

Cool, but I’ll think I’ll wait for the Blu-Ray Disc release. I’m a sucker for fysical games rather than downloadable ones.

BambooGunz 9 August, 2011 @ 8:27 pm   59

its the PC ports i believe way

Mr-Quest 9 August, 2011 @ 9:10 pm   60

oooooowwwww man can’t wait to play it but it’s the second day now it is no more 08-08-2011 but it is 09-08-2011 so where is it

AspireX2 9 August, 2011 @ 9:36 pm   61

Great News!

I’ll definitely be buying this tomorrow, will it have any form of multiplayer?

obiadekanobi1980 9 August, 2011 @ 10:32 pm   62

OMG mine day 1 and me discount and the hint at the hard platinum can frigging wait the first 1 was class

bewwwwwwwwwwwww

(nv goggles soundeffect lol)

Pretty sure I’m going to pick these up, but even just a quid cheaper for the bundle would sway me for the trilogy.

Yay, now i want ratchet and clank 1,2,3,Gladiator and size matters.

Scuffy_P 9 August, 2011 @ 11:58 pm   65

Mr Paul, although there’s a greater chance you’ll visit my Grandmother’s 92nd Birthday party next week than actually read a single responce to your article within this blog…let alone reply to anyone….but I’ll ask anyway.

While the interwebs currently recover from the “Ubisoft in Fair PSN Price Shocker” headlines, I have to ask….
3 x £7.99 = £23.97….but buy the Splinter Cell bundle £23.99. Yes it’s only two pence, but forgive me for being stupid, aren’t bundles supposed to be “cheaper”?

Why on Earth would I want to give Ubisoft even more money after the recent years of Ubisoft shamelessly ripping off Sony consumers (with PSN-Europe’s consent I might add)?

I’ll either wait for the BR release in September, or buy it from XBLA when eventually released for a inevitably much cheaper price (Microsoft actually control the price structure on THEIR OWN service, unlike Sony….apparently *yeah right*).

My Grandmother will be sad you couldn’t make it to the party.

MoneyMarko 10 August, 2011 @ 1:14 am   66

It’s pretty stupid that the bundle costs more, really what is the point ubisoft?

fredrikselvig 10 August, 2011 @ 2:04 am   67

Awesome. It’s not in stores until September 22 here, so. How much is the price in NOK? And how much space will the files take?

young_hastings 10 August, 2011 @ 2:51 am   68

the price isnt bad considering its for 3 games but the bundle should be a little cheaper. since the disc version of the game will most likely be the exact same price i think ill just get that version instead i like to have a collection i can see

Siminimi 10 August, 2011 @ 3:00 am   69

Will it be available in Croatia? I’m asking because my friend lives there and he has only Croatian account.

Akshay Paul 10 August, 2011 @ 5:20 am   70

Yep, no auto-aim system

Akshay Paul 10 August, 2011 @ 5:22 am   71

Yep, no auto aim system

chrisandsheva 10 August, 2011 @ 7:13 am   72

@Ashkay Paul……Where did you get the Sam Fisher avatar from?… I WANT ONE … is it on the US store? … Man i’m so jealous of ANYONE who’s got one. ….. erm any chance you can send me one, … say if i plat the games in a set amount of time or something…… worth a try i suppose , anyway sorry i missed you commenting a hour or so back, but nice one for doing so, specially after some backstabber said u wouldn’t …. ha . showed him and his wait to get it off the x-box cos i know it all better than you’s attitude,… best sign off now as it’s nearly time to wake up n stuff, … Sam Fisher would put Kratos’s lights out, .. see ye mate.

Akshay Paul 10 August, 2011 @ 9:32 am

Hey Chrisandsheva

Thanks :) but thats actually me :P

There is a theme available with SCCT btw but for PSN+ users :)

I’ll reply again soon.

I’m so excited for this!

And the price actually matches the stores for once, but with my PS+ discount, I’ll definitely get it from the PS Store.

Cheers!

No Co-op in Chaos Theory?

I’d have definitely bought at least one of these games – possibly all 3 – but I bought Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and the audio on that game is completely broken.

I posted about this on the Ubisoft Prince of Persia technical issues board, and got a useless (and clearly incorrect) response saying that the topic didn’t belong on that board.

I logged a Ubisoft technical support ticket, and was asked to delete the game’s save files and reset my display settings, and do various other pointless things, by a support agent who thought I had the disc version even though I had clearly stated that it was the PSN version.

When I pointed out that it was a common issue and not just me, and that I was really asking if there was ever going to be a patch, I got informed that the issue was sent “through the appropriate channels for processing”.

Nothing has happened since in terms of a patch, of course.

So I’m not touching these games, or any other HD re-release that Ubisoft want to make. The level of incompetence and laziness with which the Prince of Persia ports were treated was (and remains) absolutely ridiculous.

kingbueno 10 August, 2011 @ 9:22 am   76

Please answer Ubisoft:

i just looked at the ‘upcoming this week’ on the playstation site for the PSN. And Splinter Cell was not mentioned. why is this?

is this a mistake? Or are you mistaken.

Akshay Paul 10 August, 2011 @ 9:38 am   77

Hello Everyone

Great to see so many of you :D

I know you guys have questions regarding the bundling and single games but in order to benefit from the PSN+ offers i suggest you buy each title individually, there by getting discounts on d first 2 and a theme for SCCT.

I’ll keep replying to more posts :)

Mr__Stig 10 August, 2011 @ 9:48 am   78

Already put cash in my account 2 buy them later. 3 platinum trophies will be SWEET! Thank you.

We don’t miss out on anything by buying them individually do we? Doesnt change anything?

So let me get this right. The price of the individual games and the “bundle” has been geared specifically for PS+ users? Making it cheaper for PS+ users to buy the games separately than buying them all in one go, thus ignoring the majority of PS3 users who don’t subscribe? This sounds like PSN-Europe idea to me, not Ubisofts.

Considering that a lot of former PS+ subscribers (myself included) refuse to re-subscribe, and unlike Microsoft’s Gold Subscription, the majority don’t subscribe to PS+ service (I have no interest in free ‘Mini’ games) you are ignoring the larger user base.

Yes. The pricing, the bundle, and nonsensical notion behind the structuring have ‘PSN-Europe’ written all over it.

Linkinito 10 August, 2011 @ 10:58 am   81

Cool! I wonder how many trophies there is for each game. Thanks! :)

Can I ask why the announcement came out of the blue and when we will be seeing the disc release?
Thanks

SleazyC69 10 August, 2011 @ 12:02 pm   83

Akshay Paul, it is now 12pm august 10th and no splinter cell trilogy hd on english store except for a theme which it says i cannot access on my account (?) why isn’t it on ps store? i have done the update (3.70) PLEASE REPLY. thanks

James Gallagher 10 August, 2011 @ 12:07 pm

The Store always updates at around 3pm, so that’s when the games will appear.

Rawlins101 10 August, 2011 @ 12:15 pm   84

So….a post went up on the 8th saying the trilogy would be released tomorrow (which would be the 9th) but it does’t actually launch until the 10th?

InsomniacMind 10 August, 2011 @ 12:20 pm   85

Why is the Bluray version postponed so much when it’s already appearing on PSN? I have pre-ordered the game and had to pay 20% in advance, so cancelling it isn’t an option. It seems I’m not going to get any benefit from my pre-order either, since the goodies and discounts are only on PSN? I’m a bit disappointed.

SleazyC69 10 August, 2011 @ 12:24 pm   86

@James Gallagher cheers mate

@ InsomniacMind (86)

The ‘Splinter Cell Trilogy HD’ is being released on Blu-Ray towards the end of September.

The digital pricing is unusually fair for PSN-Europe, as I imagine the BD version will be roughly the same price. I half expected it to be a typo, as PSN-Europe is normally 30% more expensive than retail.

A change in policy? Listening to the consumers? Nah, I doubt it.

I’m so confused by the bundle thing :/ Is there anything different if you get the bundle opposed to individually? Or is it cheaper for Plus users to get individually without a catch?

Omegabug2003 10 August, 2011 @ 2:07 pm   89

I am so happy this is finally released :)

hd_devil 10 August, 2011 @ 2:29 pm   90

Oh man, I only just played the PC versions of SC1+2 for first time a few months back. I thought the original graphics held up well (also 1080p), but I would LOVE it remastered.

Question: Does this release have anti-aliasing? The screenshots look sweet! (The PC versions did not allow AA, whether forced in the drivers or not)

The banter between Fisher and Lambert was classic. Especially in the second game. Michael Ironside and Dennis Haysbert (The Unit). Wicked voices in your ear. :)

BambooGunz 10 August, 2011 @ 2:40 pm   91

i keep hearing people complane about prices to the bundle and the RRP just be happy its comeing out on the EU PSN first

StevenHibs 10 August, 2011 @ 3:24 pm   92

Well they have now upped the price of the first Splinter Cell, so well done! Sneaky buggers

BambooGunz 10 August, 2011 @ 3:34 pm   93

were is the splinter cell its only in the PS+ part cant find it anywere als

AaronSOLDIER 10 August, 2011 @ 3:53 pm   94

Give us Splinter Cell Conviction after these please

KTCyanide 10 August, 2011 @ 4:01 pm   95

Splinter Cell price now correct, and all 3 games can be found under Latest…new this week / latest ps3 games

SleazyC69 10 August, 2011 @ 5:04 pm   96

how do u invert y axis on SC 1? i’m running around staring at floors/ceilings lol

Hi Akshay, I have been waiting for these ports for months only to see them delayed several times so this is great news to me!

I am, however, wondering whether or not the exclusive theme that comes with Chaos Theory will be available elsewhere, either as a PSN download or with the disc version (which I am getting).

Also, is the aforementioned theme the one that is heading to the store today seperately (quoted as Splinter Cell Trilogy Dynamic Theme 1), if not, same question as above.

Would really appreciate any comment you can give regarding this, I have been so patient waiting for these!

p.s. regarding the PoP trilogy, has anyone else noticed the Prince/Dark Prince missing the (yellow) sand effects on his torso/eyes in the Two Thrones, or is this just me?

Cheers,
Aaron

lillington 10 August, 2011 @ 5:25 pm   98

I just bought Pandora Tomorrow and discovered that there is NO OPTION FOR INVERTED AIM!!??

I want my money back OR A PATCH! This game is totally unplayable for me. Its 2011. What game does not have inverted aim option??

SleazyC69 10 August, 2011 @ 5:43 pm   99

@lillington same on SC 1 hd. i can’t do anything. i’m gutted. i wonder if it is because its ported from the PC version? i bet u just adjusted ur mouse settings on that version. still, its disgraceful

lillington 10 August, 2011 @ 5:55 pm   100

yes, its idiotioc

lillington 10 August, 2011 @ 6:08 pm   101

@101 – Yes, complete idiots!

MaxDiehard 10 August, 2011 @ 6:34 pm   102

I would like to point out there is actually no bundle deal showing on the store, and it says here that SC:CT came with an exclusive theme, there is no such thing nor is there the exclusive PS+ Theme.

lillington 10 August, 2011 @ 6:58 pm   103

This is a warning to everyone who plays with inverted aim!!

DO NOT BUY !!!

I repeat!

DO NOT BUY !!!

There is no option for inverted aim!

pickled01 10 August, 2011 @ 7:55 pm   104

Any ideas when the games will come out on a hard copy blu ray? My hdd is on critical at the moment but definitley going to use up the last bytes of memory on this!:)

Scuffy_P 10 August, 2011 @ 10:10 pm   105

Doubt anyone will pay attention, but Splinter Cell HD is broken. The bug stops you from manoeuvring through your ‘quick inventory’ on the initial training level. Thus you can’t unlock the first door and progress further and actually play the game.

Doesn’t anyone test this stuff anymore? I’m none too impressed with either Ubisoft or PSN-Europe.

Akshay Paul 11 August, 2011 @ 10:25 am

Hello

I just played the first game and was able to unlock the door in the training session without any problems.

Can you tell me what you’re doing so maybe i could guide you.

In order to maneuver through quick inventory you need to press AND hold square button and then browse using the direction buttons.
    Hope it helps :)

So I bought Chaos Theory, started to play only to discover that I cannot invert my Y axis settings. What a disappointment.. This is a standard and it was standard back then. What were you guys thinking?? No one will notice that?? Shame on you. To me its unplayable and I want my money back !!

All Splinter cell fans please do consider purchasing this dodgy port!!! Honestly its not worth it…

DON’T BUY IT !!!!

Scuffy_P 10 August, 2011 @ 11:06 pm   108

I have to agree with CZert. This is a desperate quick rush-job, trying (successfully I might add) to get “one over” on Microsoft for their hold over the Splinter Cell franchise (SC has always been an XBOX series ported to the PS2, similar to MGS being ported to the XBOX).

But no MP, a painfully obvious broken ‘Splinter Cell’, terrible audio in places (almost sounds Mono), and complaints across every Splinter Cell forum regarding technical issues with SC, SC:PT and SC:CT….this is quite frankly embarrassing. I doubt Microsoft will loose any sleep over this.

I won’t say “avoid at all cost” as they are great games. But either wait for an official fix (and an apology from both Ubisoft and SCEE), or the Blu-Ray version this September 27th.

SleazyC69 11 August, 2011 @ 3:39 am   109

@105 turn left to the metal shutter door, it will open instead.

@half of all ps3 owners, DO NOT BUY

@moderators, stop pretending u’ve been too busy to reply to anyone on this thread regarding the y axis invert. and don’t try to balme it on it being an old game. U should have warned ur customers about this before making it available, rather than leave to us to come on here and try to save others the disappointment. we’ve stood by u through alot this year, this is just selfish.

Wait, no option to turn inverted aim on? Or off? Is it for all games or just in one?
Because I dont use inverted anyway :/

SleazyC69 11 August, 2011 @ 4:50 am   111

no option to turn on, on all 3 games. so ur on the lucky side

Perro_Salminen 11 August, 2011 @ 5:14 am   112

Thanks for the heads up on the inverted aim deal. I was just about to buy them all, but I’m not going to waste my money on a game I just simply cannot play…

A warning for deaf people too, subtitles are not available.

Akshay Paul 11 August, 2011 @ 10:27 am

Hey Zejfur

This is not true.

All the dialogues spoken in-game are displayed in the dialogue box on the top so technically these are subtitles so anyone can read the dialogues.

lillington 11 August, 2011 @ 7:39 am   114

UBI SOFT! You need to fix the inverted aim!

Titchy_Penguin 11 August, 2011 @ 7:53 am   115

awesome and i can only second what awesome pricing. But why is the bundle more expensive than seperatly(i do know people hav asked this before but…) might buy this or brotherhood(not so great but still ok pricing as i have a hate of platinium editions)

A warning for the deaf people, subtitles are not available for these games.

Also, where’s the theme for Chaos Theory?

@111
Thanks for the reply. Oh well thats good for me, not good for people who use inverted though :/ Seems like a pretty simple thing they should have done…

gregmantis 11 August, 2011 @ 10:06 am   118

I can’t believe I spent my money by buying all 3 games straight away before discovering that I can’t invert the y-axis. Who do I complain to to try and get this patched? They’re basically unplayable for me at the moment. :(

Akshay Paul 11 August, 2011 @ 10:48 am   119

Hello Guys

To avoid potential confusion and allow players to benefit from the PSN+ discounts on single titles without running into troubles, the bundle will be released at a latter date: September, 14th

so take advantage now :)

I bought Chaos Theory yesterday… only to discover that THERE’S NO OPTION TO INVERT THE Y-AXIS!!! What a dissapoint that is! And secondly, the game is not in 1080p as it is claimed to be in this blog post and in the product description on the PlayStation Store. It only runs in 720p!

Akshay Paul 11 August, 2011 @ 11:34 am

Hey

I think you’ve got both 720p and 1080p checked in the PS3 display settings, so just deselect 720p to only have it run on 1080p.

For Chaos theory if you have both 1080p and 720p selected the game runs on 720p

oops *disappointment

Thank you for the answer, Akshay Paul! Yes, I assumed that the game would automatically output in the highest def, if the settings were set up to support it. But I’ll try unchecking the 720p function in the settings, as you propose. However, you should seriously consider making a patch to introduce the option of inverting the y-axis. There’s clearly a lot of us having a hard time enjoying the game, when there’s only the “normal” option available.

@105
I know what you’re talking about, I did the same thing, but thats is NOT the door you have to go through, turn around and go towards the garage thing and it will open automatically, you ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO USE THE LOCKPICK! :)

Also, is there ANY way of adding Co-Op in the future? It was my favourite part of Chaos Theory, just split-screen, not online! Please, please, PLEASE! D:

Skookie30 11 August, 2011 @ 12:19 pm   124

OMG what all the fuss & about the inverted Y-axis I never touch the dam things in games, i look in a game & say does a game have these….

all i want to know in a game is: if i pres Up I Aim up, if i press down i Aim down, Left turn left, right etc

simples in RPG‘s same with cameras i get my enjoying minic my game action with real life i tilt my head up to look, & if i play paintball my arm goes up to aim up.

but why ppl want it does it added challenge you want to make the game harder.

i never like the idea press down to aim up that what X & Y axis so plz explain befor i get money next month.

lillington 11 August, 2011 @ 12:56 pm   125

@124 – Because when u tilt ur head forward(down), thats the same direction u push the controller (up). Try it yourself.. Tilt your head forward and down and push the controller up. Its the same direction.

Feels more natural for me.

SleazyC69 11 August, 2011 @ 1:41 pm   126

new problem: after forcing myself to play half way through SC 1 with normal camera (which took hundreds of reloads due to not being to react properly) i just loaded my game and got discovered straight away so selected quick load on the pause menu and the (2 month old) ps3 froze a fraction of a second in to the load. after waiting 5 mins i had no option but to reset the console. upon rebooting the game all three of my saves (quick save, auto save and manual save) had vanished. after a brief swear i quit the game to copy my save from the online auto storage (WHICH I DEFINATELY HAD ENABLED AND ALL APPROPRIATE SETTINGS) only to find nothing there either. great. while some may suggest its human error/faulty hardware, yesterday about 10% of the time i used quick load it quit the game and went back to the XMB which i have never heard of on any other game. just for the record my ps3 is very well looked after and runs ALL other games perfectly (even LA noir which pushed my old fat ps3 over the edge). this needs adressing. reply please, to both subjects. thank you(!)

Akshay Paul 12 August, 2011 @ 4:08 am

Hello

I apologise for the inconvenience caused, i’ve forwarded this information to the developers and they are trying to isolate the same. In the meantime i request that you back up your saves manually on a memory stick/usb at different intervals to avoid loss of progress if this issue happens again.

Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

rizzmannn 11 August, 2011 @ 1:54 pm   127

Paul Akshay,

One person complained about no subtitles, you addressed the issue.
One person complained about 720p resolution, you addressed the issue.

Nearly 10 people here ( and many others in different forums) have complained about the inverted y axis problem, but you have not touched it. I understand, there is probably no answer right now, but this needs to be addressed and quickly. Can this be addressed? If it can’t be or won’t be fixed please let us know so we can start trying to get our money back.

Skookie30 11 August, 2011 @ 2:01 pm   128

Oh course you right that is true, like i said every time i see the Y X axis i dont ever touch upset the setting. some games i play are in default settings so not always you press up you look down.

if a default is set & i use to it, i dont change it but thanks for letting me know.:)

Skookie30 11 August, 2011 @ 2:09 pm   129

But i will try to use it more but the thing i hate more in 3d RPG say in FF13 you press right or left to turn the camera around you better press left ,right center because i hate it when the blasted camera looks down or up when i spin the camera to look around.

AzzA424 11 August, 2011 @ 2:26 pm   130

Hey Ashkay, any chance you could get back to me regarding my question yesterday?

For your reference, I asked if the exclusive theme would be available on the disc release of the trilogy, or available via psn any time in the future seperate from chaos theory?

I would love the theme but I am buying the game on disc so don’t fancy buying Chaos Theory just for the theme itself.

Also, I think the questions regarding Y axis camera control are fair, any chance of a patch? or will this be rectified on the disc release at all?

Please understand I don’t mean to badger you, I would just appreciate your feedback regarding either of these questions.

Look forward to hearing from you,
Aaron

What is going on?

This game is very buggy.

Loading a game and a large percent of the time it is just taking me back to the XMB where I then have to reload the whole game back up.

Seriously not impressed. I expect this to be patched and sorted asap or otherwise I will be expecting my money back.

What a disgrace for the lazy and gready ubisoft and also for you people from PS.Blog for ignoring the invert aim topic !!
TO ALL PEOPLE INTERESTED IN BUYING THIS GAME

DONT BUY IT !!! IT’S A RUSHED OUT AND INCOMPLETE PORT FROM PC !!!

Simply can’t get into a game now.

Every time I load the saved game, it takes me back to XMB.

Beware people, don’t waste your money unless this gets patched.

Akshay Paul 12 August, 2011 @ 4:12 am

Hello

I apologize for the inconvenience caused, I’ve forwarded this information to the developers and they are trying to isolate the same.

In the meantime can you please try loading another save from the load game option to see if it works. if you haven’t made any other save, try loading the last level from the level selection menu. I also suggest that you use all the save slots to create saves regularly just incase this issue happens again.

Thanks for bringing this info to our notice.

Im gonna keep this very simple and straight forward because you dont seem to be answering the question alot have been asking you Mr Akshay Paul:

Will the Y-axis be patched to be inverted?

Because the way it is now, many many people feel they have lost there money on a game they cant play due to the camera controls.

Please answer because ive gone all over the net trying for some sort of answer, i went to the official Ubisoft forums, Ubisoft Contact Us page and even the official playstation forums but no one from the Ubisoft team can be bothered to answer me, not to mention many many others.

rizzmannn 11 August, 2011 @ 8:21 pm   135

well a lot of people complained when the remake of beyond good and evil came out due to the absence of y-invert option. Was never added….

doesn’t bode too well for this trilogy one bit.

Well wouldnt it be simply common courtesy and polite to just either say “I dont know” or even “I’ll let the team know” ATLEAST lol

100s of people seriously cant play the game due to this and will be getting a refund, now knowing Sony thats the least thing they need and im sure Ubisoft needs that neither so its in the interest to fix this problem.

Let me put it this way: If this Trilogy came out with inverted Y-axis ONLY, Ubisoft would hear about it right? lol

Skookie30 11 August, 2011 @ 9:37 pm   137

I‘m Sorry how can a game not have no inverted Y axis & can’t be played i played BG&E with-out it & got 100% max trophies.

like i said before i never like X Y axis, i did say i will try it 1 day but haven’t got it doesn’t mean a game not playable most games hasn’t got inverted Y X.

Im cool with-out it but i‘m more concern about a bad bug Booting you out to XMB before i consider buying it there need a Patch.

DravaR_1 11 August, 2011 @ 9:48 pm   138

@Skookie30

You don’t know what you are saying. I’ve been used to inverted controls for more then 10 years now. It’s like having a strong and weak arm. You are used to lifting heavier things with your stronger arm. Just imagine that you all of a sudden have to use your weaker arm. It will feel like a handicap. That’s the exact same issue with no inverted controls.

rizzmannn 11 August, 2011 @ 9:57 pm   139

^^^

you probably use normal axis for playing so no inverted means nothing to you. but for people who play all their games using inverted, the game becomes nearly unplayable. You can really try to concentrate when u have time to shoot well and look well, but when there is that moment where you need precision and u don’t have a lot of time….I end up looking at the ceiling.

inverted y-axis is part of my memory and it’s been there for nearly 10 years. You just can’t switch to normal….

rizzmannn 11 August, 2011 @ 10:00 pm   140

my last post was for skookie30

Skookie30 11 August, 2011 @ 10:09 pm   141

I get your point but if you inverted Y X it still be the right stick you be useing i‘m right handed, if you got a weak arm what side is it?

i get confuse with inverted some-one shooting at me from above i press up to aim but i aim down.

i know it feel natural for players but if want very quick response UP for UP etc, i got a weak lazy eye it does make games hard for me i get easly tired

so i‘m not forces like i should. :(

Skookie30 11 August, 2011 @ 10:18 pm   142

a other example especially for shooters you wouldn’t want inverted press down to go up etc dam here looking at you galaga legion DX.

i not to sure but it haven’t got inverted i have a look tomorrow i did championship i‘m Rank 6029 i think lol :)

Dont listen to Skookie30 he clearly hasnt got a clue what hes on about, because he said he doesnt use inverted controls so if this game shipped with inverted Y-axis ONLY, he’d be the one complaining on here instead. so pay no attention to him guys.

62% of COD players use inverted controls alone and most games today has inverted controls as default so he shamelessly has no clue really.

Anyway, Ubisoft replied about the issue and this is what they said……sigh:

“Thank you for your feedback.
I will off course send this suggestion through to the appropriate channels.
We are always happy if customers do come out with idea’s.
Games need idea’s before you can develop them anyway.

I would like to advise you to post suggestions on the forums as well.
Developer do check the forums for suggestions and problems.

If you have any further queries or issues please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will assist you further.

Kind Regards,
Fred
Ubisoft Technical Support.”

WHAT. A. FLIPPIN. JOKE. – off course!

Skookie30 11 August, 2011 @ 10:40 pm   144

@Kap you are rude, Do you know default settings can you read i said i done BG&E with-out it, most games default settings are set to inverted.

i was on MGS4 early i never set X Y but the right stick when i press up went down it was default.

I‘m done here i wasn’t Helping ppl christ sakes it was my opinion. :(

Good night.

ps Mod you really are Low.

SleazyC69 12 August, 2011 @ 3:17 am   145

You’re grammar is set to inverted

Akshay Paul 12 August, 2011 @ 4:21 am   146

Hello

I apologize for my late response but i needed more time to look into this issue.

Firstly I’m sorry to hear that so many of you are facing issues because of the absences of the inverted axis.
i have forwarded this to the concerned people and they are looking into this.

Hopefully by next week I should be able to let you know if a patch would be made available to address this issue.

I cannot provide any concrete information right now, however i can assure you that this query is being looked into.

Thank you for your time and patience.

jozhster 12 August, 2011 @ 4:26 am   147

alas i will wait for the disk i have a fetish for collecting and platimising!!!

Thank you.

Here’s a tip the next time you don’t someone has an issue Akshay Paul, acknowledgement.

You completely ignored the issue when commenting before. Which made the issue seem worse.

Anyway appreciate the reply finally and completely understand the length of time of an added Y-axis included but I simply cant do with a patch by say November seeing as that’s the month of Assassins Creed Rev, Skyrim, Uncharted etc.

I’ll be forwarding this news on and be getting a refund.

Leon_Plopski 12 August, 2011 @ 8:47 am   149

This is such a big problem not having an inverted option on the games. They are very good games but in my opinion it’s a simple omission and I can’t believe Ubisoft didn’t include it. Very annoyed as I have bought the original game but I’m not enjoying it at the moment. I won’t be buying the other 2 off the PS store until a patch has been released.
Grrr.

@SKOOKIE30 Honnestly where are you from mate? Your grammar is a mess!

@KAP How Are you gonna get a refund? I wanna do the same.

@CZert.

Honestly mate, i dont know.. but im gonna find out from the official forums and come back here and let you and the rest of the community know how.

Ive forwarded this story to VG247 and they posted it up so i hope that makes Ubisoft get off there bums and fix this a little faster then 8 weeks maybe.

DravaR_1 12 August, 2011 @ 10:14 am   152

Let us just wait 1 week before we jump to conclusions about the whole ’7-8 weeks’ time schedule. Paul Akshay promised us that he will reply somewhere next week about the whole patch implementation. If he does not we have our rights to be angry once again.

@Dravar_1

Dude, he said: “I request that you be patient as even if there is a patch then the formalities, implementation, tests and arrangements for this in all 3 games will take a minimum of 6-8 weeks.”

A MINIMUM of 6-8 weeks. Meaning even if they do decide to patch this game it’ll still take a few months to impliment it.

WE WILL NOT GET A PATCH NEXT WEEK DUDE! Ubisoft just said so themselfs.

mafia_killer121 12 August, 2011 @ 10:44 am   154

FIRST DAY FOR ME

I really have to wonder what kind of QA Sony and Ubisoft have. PoP Trilogy and BG&E, all had the same issues. This shouldn’t even happen once and here it happens again and again and again.

And Sony deserves the same slap in the face, aren’t they supposed to test everyhing on their own? At least that is one of their excuses when it takes ages till a product is released here, as for example the Pink Knight DLC.

Well, as even firmware 3.7 proves to cause many problems, don’t consider me surprised.

Sony, what is the best way to go about getting refunds for the 3 Splinter Cell Remakes?

I can’t enjoy the games because of the lack of y-invert & I would rather spend the money on other games while waiting up to 2 months for an unconfirmed patch.

Omegabug2003 12 August, 2011 @ 1:28 pm   157

Post directed at Akshay Paul

Please fix the bugs and camera issue in BG&E HD too. People have been complaining for months and nothing is done about it other than ‘it’s being looked into’ yet Splinter Cell has been out for a few days and the response has been far more direct than the Beyond Good & Evil Community got.

at a disgrace for the lazy and gready ubisoft!!

TO ALL PEOPLE INTERESTED IN BUYING THIS GAME

DONT BUY IT

READ THE COMMENTS FIRST!! IT’S A RUSHED OUT AND INCOMPLETE PORT FROM PC !!!

What a disgrace for the lazy and gready ubisoft!!

TO ALL PEOPLE INTERESTED IN BUYING THIS GAME

DONT BUY IT

READ THE COMMENTS FIRST!! IT’S A RUSHED OUT AND INCOMPLETE PORT FROM PC !!!

uisce17 12 August, 2011 @ 3:59 pm   160

Well, I’d no luck getting a refund. I talked to Sony and it turns out that the T&Cs for the Playstation Store state that all sales are final. So, Sony gave me a Ubisoft number to try 0905-4820109. The problem being that this is a UK only number, so I can’t get through on it when calling from Ireland.

So does anyone know a number I can call Ubisoft on that will have a human being on the end & that I can call from Ireland?

DravaR_1 12 August, 2011 @ 4:12 pm   161

I highly suggest we keep this blog post bumped so it keeps showing up in the ”Reader Comments” section. This way it won’t be shoved into the silent treatment department by Ubisoft. Customers who bought the Splinter Cell HD Trilogy should feel obligated to keep doing this so we can keep the pressure on Ubisoft until they release a patch to fix the Y-Axis problem.

I-Draikin-I 12 August, 2011 @ 4:15 pm   162

To Paul Akshay: Beyond Good & Evil HD’s inverted option was bugged as well. The option was there but it inverted both the Y and X-axis, rendering it pretty much useless. Despite our complaints and Ubisoft’s claims that “the problem was being investigated”, the PSN version was released about two months later with the exact same bug. More than 4 months later, Ubisoft’s Technical Support is still telling us that “the problem is still being investigated”. Do they seriously expect us to believe that? So forgive me for being somewhat pessimistic regarding the chances of seeing a patch for the Splinter Cell Trilogy.

@161

Yea, that sounds about right.. lets keep this article bumped.

DravaR_1 12 August, 2011 @ 7:00 pm   164

I hope Ubisoft changes their approach they have had the last couple of years and actually do make time to make such a simple patch to please gamers all around. They are definitely losing sales because of such a problem that can easily be fixed.

rizzmannn 12 August, 2011 @ 8:02 pm   165

too bad of this issue….because for a person like me who has never played these games….to get 3 games, HD remastered, with its terrific gameplay, this game was on my radar since it was announced. The y-invert issue just killed all that anticipation.

It’s very disappointing….

hi i play sc: chaos theory and unlock some trophies but when i go to sync trophies they not there !! and everytime i want to look to trophies they start syncing and still dont show up in profile card

Wa_l_l_-E 13 August, 2011 @ 11:00 am   167

1080p 3D!!!!!! 3D enabled game supports only 720p :P

Brilpoetsdoekje 13 August, 2011 @ 3:08 pm   168

Don’t buy this game until they fix it. How on earth can they forget the invert-y option but manage to implement 3D? This is ridiculous.

I-Tyr-I 13 August, 2011 @ 3:52 pm   169

I was looking forward to this for so long, finally having trophies to reward a perfect playthrough. Sadly, this game does little but disappoint.

On the positive side: good job on the save system, it’s nice.

On the negative side: it’s bloody broken. Game just crashed while quick-saving and now all the saves are gone. Auto, manual and quick.

Don’t give us this ‘backup your save files’ crap, it was on the first level, you can hardly expect people to quit 3 times every level to back up their save files.

And fix the invert y-axis, I can’t believe you missed that.

kellyizer 14 August, 2011 @ 2:49 am   170

Other than the Y-Axis problem, of which i dont mind despite the fact ive played for years with inverted Y in other games, I think these games are really good quality from a graphics standpoint, they are miles better than the PS2 ports, especially the shadowing. Worth the mild annoyance of the Y-Axis problem, for me anyways.

DELTA-5361 14 August, 2011 @ 5:32 pm   171

Looks cool ive always wanted to play the old games on my ps3 but its annoying thats its like $29.99 oh well still worth it though i suppose

SKINRUSH 14 August, 2011 @ 7:21 pm   172

I have an issue with the game even loading up properly. It gets to the screen where theres a picture of Sam fisher in the rain, with the three circles in the bottom right, and it doesn’t go anywhere from there.

Anyone else had similar ?

DAYDANNY666 14 August, 2011 @ 7:55 pm   173

it randomly gose back to the xmb menu on me and it frezzes while saveing which corrupts it and i left it for 30mins the secound time it happend i was 1 mission a away every time and also ps plus is not working it not waking up and backing up game saves it should just turn on 20mins after you turn it off that would be better than the am and pm.

DAYDANNY666 14 August, 2011 @ 8:07 pm   174

the makers of this game need some training with the ps3 all my hard work for the game to crash while saving then i have no choice but to turn off the ps then the save date corrupts start again same happens again start again playing along then it retunrs to the xmb menu now im here! im going to give it a couple of days before i go back on it becauce if it dose it to me again and going kill the ps3

175 Msg. And still nothing about these problems with these newly released titles…. hmmm.. Ubisoft this looks really bad guys.

ADPolicenaut 15 August, 2011 @ 8:08 am   176

Who on earth wants to use inverted aim? It’s horrible. I find myself turning the option off in any shooter I play. These save issues are the bigger problem for me.

DravaR_1 15 August, 2011 @ 9:34 am   177

@176

More than half of all the gamers around the globe use inverted aim so it’s a real big issue. Just because you don’t use it doesn’t mean the problem needs to be overlooked at. Stop putting your head in the sand like an ostrich.

Akshay Paul 15 August, 2011 @ 10:16 am   178

Hello Everyone,

Just an update that I have forwarded the issues raised by you to the concerned people and we should have more information soon about invert Y axis problem and the problem you are facing in syncing your trophies and saves. I will provide another update later this week.

To all those who are facing save/load corruption issue, can you please answer a few questions? These will help the developers in isolating this issue.

– In what game you faced this problem, SC, SCPT or SCCT?
– The problem occurred when you were saving the game or were trying to load a save?
– For those of you who said their saves were corrupted, the corruption happened only to the save slot you were loading or all the saves were corrupted?

As a work around for now, I suggest that you use both manual and quick saves to save your progress. If any of these slots go bad, you can use the other slot to load the game or use to load level option to reload the level you were playing. I also suggest that you manually backup your saves on a memory stick / store media at regular intervals.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Aargh. Savegame Bug happened the second time on my PS3.

@Akshay Paul

- Happened with SC (haven’t played the other Games yet).
- The Problem occured both times while Quicksave. (PS3 freezing with Pop-up Quicksave visible).
- All Saves are corrupt. (There’s only one Savegame in the PS3-Savegame-Folder, this is broken).

More Info:
The Problem occured while logged in at PSN.
Someone at my Friendlist faced the same problem at the same time.

Akshay Paul 15 August, 2011 @ 11:56 am

Thanks a lot for the information. I will pass it along. It seems there are some issues with sync of trophies and saves online, so it may be related (though I am not sure).
    Did you by any chance play the game with you not being signed to PSN?

SP1KEYH0DGE 15 August, 2011 @ 11:35 am   180

I don’t know why but I just downloaded Splinter Cell Chaos Theory from the store and went to install and it stopped on 98%. I left it for over 40 mins and it didn’t move. I restarted my ps3 and i had some corrupted data, i went to delete it and my ps3 froze and it keeps doing tht. I need help. PLEASE!

Akshay Paul 15 August, 2011 @ 11:49 am   181

Hello,

Some players have reported that the installation is slower between 90% to 100%. The installation may appear to be stuck, but leave it like that, it will install eventually.

For now please try deleting the corrupt data (even if your PS3 appear to be stuck, leave it like that for some time, hopefully it will eventually delete the data), and then try re installing the game.

Akshay Paul 15 August, 2011 @ 11:52 am   182

Did you by any chance play the game with you not being signed to PSN?

No, i was always signed to PSN.

Fortunately my Online-Savegame works, so i will continue playing without being signed to the PSN.
See what happens.

SilentwarriorX 15 August, 2011 @ 12:27 pm   184

I never use quick save/load -options (I always saved/loaded manually Save0 -slot) and so far there haven’t been any problems with saving/loading a game.

Only thing that annoys me is small split second lag which happens occasionally.

Game: Splinter Cell
Occured: When (quick) saving
Loss: All save files were gone (3 manual saves, 1 autosave, 1 quicksave)

From the few responses so far, it looks like it’s the quick save function. I’d guess the ‘old’ quick save file is still locked when the new one is written over it.

ADPolicenaut 15 August, 2011 @ 12:47 pm   186

@177

I wasn’t having a go at anyone, I was just saying that I can’t see the appeal in inverted aim. If it works for you then fine, I can see how it’ll be an issue for me. Just saying that for me personally it’s a moot issue. Like I said, the save issue is what’s concerning me.

SilentwarriorX 15 August, 2011 @ 1:03 pm   187

@186

“People tend to only care about issues that affect them as opposed to what might affect others, just the way it is.”

I think you just shot your own ankle with that…..

You realise that for some people not having inverted aim -feature is like using tool made for right-handed, while you’re left-handed?

Shirion 15 August, 2011 @ 2:51 pm   188

To Akshay Paul

There is also some bad audio issues in Chaos Theory (I don’t know about the two other games). Both the soundtrack and the dialogue voices are stuttering (during gameplay, not in cutscenes). It’s so annoying that I have to turn the music off completely, which is a shame because the audio aspect of a game is obviously very important.

Akshay Paul 15 August, 2011 @ 3:18 pm   189

Hello Again!

Thank to all of those who have responded to my query about the save game. This would go a long way in helping us to identify and fix this issue.

One more question, has any one yet faced the same problem while playing offline (not signed to PSN)? Also has any non plus member faced the same problem?

Till we have a definite answer to this problem, may be you can try what SilentwarriorX has suggested, that is avoiding the quick save feature and using the manual slots.

Thank you all once again for your help!

Got a Info from another Player from another Forum.

Game freezed, all Savegames corrupted.
It happened after loading a new part of a level, just before “Autosave”.

He was not logged in PSN and is no PS+ User.

What a disgrace for the lazy and gready ubisoft!!

TO ALL PEOPLE INTERESTED IN BUYING THIS GAME

DONT BUY IT

READ THE COMMENTS FIRST!!

Shirion 15 August, 2011 @ 7:22 pm   192

@Akshay Paul

Thanks for the response. The video shows some audio issues similar to the ones I’m experiencing. An example of the soundtrack stuttering would be the sequence from 3:15-4:00. And an example of dialogue stuttering would be from 10:40-11.27. I know it can seem as I’m nitpicking, but when these issues are continuing to rear their heads throughout the game, I must admit that it’s somewhat a drawback to the experience of the game. By the way, I’m not running the game through a 7.1 audio system. Just ordinary stereo coming from my TV speakers and through my headphones.

Siminimi 15 August, 2011 @ 8:05 pm   193

Yep, trophies not showing, at least in Chaos Theory.

SKIBADEE187 15 August, 2011 @ 9:18 pm   194

the games are great but the trophies will not sync on Pandora tomorrow & chaos theory?

SKIBADEE187 15 August, 2011 @ 9:20 pm   195

@CZert working fine for me just no trophy sync.

DravaR_1 16 August, 2011 @ 9:59 pm   196

Great to hear that the Y-Axis and Save problem is being looked at but let’s not keep it at ”being looked at” and actually fix the problems, Ubisoft.

@SKIBADEE187 Ok. You might have missed that but people are having serious problems with this port. And its not only about your trophies. READ THE COMMENTS FIRST !! Which part of that sentence you dont understand mate??

Akshay Paul 17 August, 2011 @ 6:31 am   198

Hello Everyone

A quick question, has any of you faced trophy online sync problems in SC 1??

DravaR_1 17 August, 2011 @ 2:28 pm   199

@ Paul Akshay.

The trophy sync problem hasn’t occurred to me. Do note that I only completed the training section and got 1 trophy, mainly because I just can not handle the y-axis issue. But that 1 trophy did sync with my profile and I can easily watch it.

SilentwarriorX 17 August, 2011 @ 6:53 pm   200

@ Akshay Paul

So I completed SC1 on hard difficulty and for some reason I didn’t get “Echelon Recruit” -trophy (Complete the game in Normal difficulty) Is this supposed to happen? (usually difficulty trophies stack when you beat games on harder difficult). Trophies sync fine though.

I didn’t use quicksave/load so I didn’t had any problems with those but game occasionally froze for split-second in situations like when guard spotted Sam, or when shooting lamps or other light sources. There also was three cases were game froze for couple of seconds (happened randomly).

I always played while being signed on to PSN and I’m not Plus member

Hope this helps.

@SilentwarriorX

You have to play the Game again for Echelon Recruit.

Akshay Paul 17 August, 2011 @ 8:02 pm   202

Hello Everyone,

A couple of updates:

The trophy sync problem in SC2 and SC3 should be fixed now. If the problem is still persisting at your end then please let me know so that we can look into this further.

For save game corruption problem, it seems to be affecting a very small number of players, a number of players have been able to finish the game using quick saves regularly without any problem. We are still trying to isolate the cause of this problem, and this is a top priority for us right now.

Till then, if you have encountered this issue, we suggest that you use the manual save slots as the problem right now seems to be affecting only quick saves. And I will still recommend that you backup your saves at regular intervals. I will get back to you as soon as we have more information on this problem.

And thanks to all those who have been providing us with information regarding these issues.

Akshay Paul 17 August, 2011 @ 8:11 pm   203

Another question for all those facing save corruption issues. Which version of the firmware you are using?

DravaR_1 17 August, 2011 @ 8:55 pm   204

I have an entire different question regarding the y-axis. You mentioned a week ago that you will reply as quickly as possible if you have any info regarding the y-axis issue. So, my question is, do you have any info if it will get patched into all three games?

Akshay Paul 18 August, 2011 @ 3:34 pm

Hello,

I will keep you posted. Thanks for your patience.

rizzmannn 18 August, 2011 @ 6:02 am   205

^^^

yes you told us last week and earlier this week that you will give us info whether the game will patch the y-invert option in by week’s end.

will it be patched or not?

Akshay Paul 18 August, 2011 @ 3:35 pm

Hello,

As mentioned in my reply to the previous comment, I have forwarded the information to the concerned people and this is being looked into. Since other issues like save game corruption have been reported also, the final decision on the patch and its schedule would be made once we have a clear view of all the current issues and fixes for them.

I will keep you posted. Thanks for your patience.

SKINRUSH 18 August, 2011 @ 12:06 pm   206

@ Akshay Paul

I purchased Splinter Cell Chaos Theory last week and after 2 attempts to download and install the game, it still won’t get past the main start screen. (Sam Fisher’s face, rain, 3 circles bottom right of the screen).

I phoned Playstation support on Saturday, who were fairly unhelpful. I asked for a refund, and was told by the lady that the refund would be requested and that I would be emailed in due course. As yet, I still haven’t heard from anyone.

Personally, I think that this situation is very poor. You are selling a product, that doesn’t seem to have been through proper quality control. I for one, have paid Sony £7.99 for something that I cannot use. I have requested a refund for the product, and nothing seems to have happened. If I’d bought the product from a shop, I would have taken it straight back and received the refund. Why is the situation different for things bought from the PSN store ?

I can tell you for a fact, that this will be the very last thing I buy from the PSN store, if I do not recieve a refund within the next couple of days.

Akshay Paul 18 August, 2011 @ 4:05 pm

Hello,

The response to you is given below. Sorry for the repeated response,the page was not refreshing on my end and I added multiple comments.

Regarding the save game issue. I used the manual save during my first playthrough in SC (the first), and it froze on me when the screen said saving game, and therefore corrupted the save game file. So it’s not just quick save that is affected.

Akshay Paul 18 August, 2011 @ 3:29 pm

Thanks for the information. Can you please tell me on which date this issue occurred? Also were you using the latest firmware?

I had corrupted savegames with the latest PS3 firmware.

Akshay Paul 18 August, 2011 @ 4:01 pm   209

Hello SKINRUSH,

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are facing. I can assure you that all our games go through proper test cycle and that the quality is very important to us.

With that being said, its not possible to identify all bugs in a software and you there can be new issues when tens of thousands of players are playing the game. I understand that there have been same save corruption issues in SC1, however this seems to be a very random issue, affecting a very small number of players and we have reassembled a team to isolate this issue.

As for the problem you have mentioned, this is the first time such an issue has been reported, and it is possible that this is a hardware specific issue, as no other player seems to have faced this almost a week after the release. To check I just made a purchase of the game and tried playing it and it works fine.

Can you please try downloading and installing again after manually deleting the game files, any save file and the trophy pack? If its possible for you can you try taking a full backup and then formatting the system?

Akshay Paul 18 August, 2011 @ 4:03 pm

I can not comment on PSN Store and the refund, this is something handled by Sony. I just hope that downloading and installing the game again might address this problem.

Akshay Paul 18 August, 2011 @ 4:01 pm   210

I can not comment on PSN Store and the refund as this is something handled by Sony, not us.

Please let me know how things work out. Hopefully downloading and installing the game again might fix this problem.

Any info on the Y-axis option Paul? I have the games sittin on my HDD untouched because of the fact of no Y-axis inverted.

I really wanna play them but cant because of this.

Akshay Paul 18 August, 2011 @ 7:22 pm

Hi,
    I will keep you posted. Thanks for your patience.

SKINRUSH 18 August, 2011 @ 7:13 pm   212

Hello akshay

The lady at playstation support suggested formatting the system too. This is something that I’m not really prepared to do though. I don’t see how formatting the ps3 will cure the issue. There are several other games on the system which work as they should do.

All other games on the hard drive work correctly, and I have lots of play tv recordings, films, music and games, which would take a long time to backup (if I had an external hard drive with enough free space). Even then, I would have to re-download all of my downloaded games again from the psn store, which would take about 3 days to do, no doubt. It all doesn’t seem worth it for this one game.

As you suggested, I will try once more to download and install chaos theory. If it doesn’t work, I won’t be buying anything from the store again.

SKINRUSH 18 August, 2011 @ 10:42 pm   213

Yep, deleted game, re-downloaded it, re-installed it, applied latest update, still doesn’t get past the screen that should say ‘start’.

Hi Akshay,

It’s great to see the issues with this game being addressed. I really want to know when the lack of a Y-axis invert is going to be fixed, as it prevents me from playing the games I spent €30 on.

I am worried that customers are only being humoured while there is no real drive from Ubisoft to fix the y-axis invert; as was the case with the Beyond Good & Evil remake.

Please assure customers that the y-axis problem *will* be addressed. Otherwise I will have to go through the relevant authorities in Ireland, to get a refund on these faulty games.

Thank you for the reply.

If possible can you make a new blog post on the patch when its availible in the future please.

TO ALL PEOPLE INTERESTED IN BUYING THIS GAME

DONT BUY IT

READ THE COMMENTS FIRST!! IT’S A RUSHED OUT AND INCOMPLETE PORT FROM PC !!!

xchris2008x 20 August, 2011 @ 2:55 pm   217

Ubisoft bring Rayman Raving Rabbids to PS Move via psn plz :(

Desfox123 20 August, 2011 @ 8:16 pm   218

To all those interested in buying the game:

The comment that it is “IT’S A RUSHED OUT AND INCOMPLETE PORT FROM PC” is a completely incorrect statement.

I have played the 3 games and have not encountered any issues. A very small number of players seem to have save game issues on SC1, but this is rare and can be avoided by the work around suggested by Ubisoft. Then there is the Y axis issues.

So here is my suggestion to you: IF you can not play without inverted Y axis, dont buy the game till Ubisoft confirms they are going to patch this.

And if you can play with normal controls, buy the games, specially if you never played them before on other platforms. Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory are very clean and there no issues in them, and on SC1 just avoid the quick save.

Just finished the police station in sc1, no ko’s, no shots fired and NO TROPHY.

That’s after 1 level.

I used to love these games.

Desfox123 21 August, 2011 @ 10:09 am   220

@219 – Mate you completed the first level or first sub level? The police station mission consists of 3 sub levels, I think you need to complete all of those in the required manner.

@Desfox123 It is rushed out. Nowadays integration of the inverted aim option has become standard and if it hasn’t been implemented in a game potential buyers should be warned.

Ant it is incomplete. To give you an example: The co-op in SC ghost theory is completely missing.

Yes I used to love these games too.

TO ALL PEOPLE INTERESTED IN BUYING THIS GAME

DONT BUY IT

READ THE COMMENTS FIRST!! IT’S A RUSHED OUT AND INCOMPLETE PORT FROM PC !!!

InsomniacMind 21 August, 2011 @ 12:58 pm   222

I don’t understand how the inverted axis could have been overlooked and that it seems as a complete surprise to Ubisoft because it is taking so long to take a decision.

If I would be testing a game, it would be one of the first showstoppers I would report. Ok, perhaps no showstopper to launch the game, but a patch should then already be in the works to address the none blocking issues shortly post launch.

Desfox123 21 August, 2011 @ 3:55 pm   223

They had announced well before (last year in guess) that the games will not contain Multi-player modes.

@ Desfox123 I dont really wanna argue with you cuz you are biased towards Ubisoft. …………Your choice………..

I feel like I paid for something that isnt up to standards and Im sure Im not the only one.

So far this experience has put me off buying HD remakes (esp. via the PSN store).

This is the last day I’m checking here for updates, if there’s no news today I’m deleting these games, giving them the low vote they deserve on PSN & getting a refund via the National Consumer Agency.

I-Tyr-I 22 August, 2011 @ 3:29 pm   226

@220

I don’t know where it begins and ends, but I had the same 40 bullets left when I ran to the van at the end as I started with. So I think it’s bugged.

rootsragga70-09 23 August, 2011 @ 1:47 pm   227

yep…see sp 1…not all trophies are dropping when they should…that fatality one from behind of an opponent becomes a nightmare,it is my last one to plat that nice game but i always stealth to the enemy press x and for a finish r1 button…now i actually caught 219 and no trophy dropped at all…same with the doors,trophy give me a bling after 60 ones…so there exists a trophy bug too…better test the hd remixes till the end of platinum next time,really great games but that probs and bugs have stolen little bit the flair of splinter cell and PoP series in the moment…have a nice one all

Desfox123 25 August, 2011 @ 8:46 pm   228

@226 I had the same problem, but later realized that what I was doing wrong was that I had shot the sky lights in the first part of the mission. I think I gained ammo after that and thought I had all the bullets. Then a friend told me not to shoot the skylights and that fixed it. Not sure if this is the same problem though for you.

Desfox123 25 August, 2011 @ 8:51 pm   229

@Czert: Not arguing mate, I can feel your frustration. All I am saying is that if you can play without invert axis, then the games are worth playing, at least sc2 and 3 if you dont want to have the save game issues on SC1. I like the games, not Ubisoft. You are fully right from your perspective. I am not trying to undermine what you are saying.

DravaR_1 26 August, 2011 @ 12:59 am   230

It has been a week (if not longer) since the last update. So, Paul. How are things going? Got any news about a patch? We people who bought a REMAKE deserve one. Especially if you want to keep the name Ubisoft as clean as possible.

XtianHawkGamer 26 August, 2011 @ 10:22 am   231

I’m almost done with SC1 and I’m starting to get use to the normal controls, it ain’t all that bad once you get use to it. But still a Y-Axis option patch would be great! ANY NEWS YET?!?!

DravaR_1 30 August, 2011 @ 5:24 pm   232

Still no word for a patch? Come on Ubisoft! You are ignoring us gamers because YOU know that the summer drought is over in terms of games and that you think we won’t complain about the Y-Axis any longer. This is intolerable.

I-Draikin-I 30 August, 2011 @ 6:05 pm   233

@232
Ubisoft used the same “strategy” with BG&E HD’s inverted camera problem. First they said they were “working on a fix” when we reported the problem for the XBox360 version. Then the PSN version was released about 2 months later but it had the exact same problem. When we asked them what happened to the patch, they said they were “investigating the problem”. A month ago they were still “investigating the problem”. I’m sure if I asked them right now they’d still be “investigating the problem”. And it’s not like this is an exception with Ubisoft, there are plenty of other examples.

I’m not saying Akshay Paul isn’t trying to help here, but Ubisoft just doesn’t seem to want to invest time in a patch for a game once it’s released. And if they actually do release a patch this time around I’d sure like to know why BG&E didn’t get one.

wheeezing 1 September, 2011 @ 10:44 am   234

I downloaded these games one after the other from psn network only to fined that there are no inverted controles inputed into the games:{you can imagian how angry i was and how angy i still am”in todays gameing world this is totally unexceptable”well ive now cancelled the new assassins creed and ghost recon games”why should i fund a company who just cant be botherd”theres Meany more games out there for me to play.

wheeezing 5 September, 2011 @ 6:36 pm   235

WHERE OH WHERE IS YOUR REPLY TO US MR AKSHAY PAUL???????? DO YOU THINK WHERE STUPID AND JUST GONA LET THIS SLIP BUY!!i think not”im giveing you guys 1 month for today to fix this lazy hd port and then im gona play hell!it takes alot to annoy me but this is the worst for me”buying something thats not fully finished,”in my eyes mr akshay paul where being completly ripped off us inverted gamers’and theres meany of us out there’also i would go as far as to say that what your company has done to us is criminal for not stateing this before we downloaded these games”like i said im sooooo Angry!GGRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!I NEED A PATCH NOW!!!!

SilentwarriorX 7 September, 2011 @ 2:11 pm   236

Lolwut?! Chaos Theory HD has a patch?!

SilentwarriorX 7 September, 2011 @ 2:25 pm   237

but no fix for inverted y-axis though…