Posted 6:00pm

MotorStorm Apocalypse Updated: Play, Create And Share!

MotorStorm Apocalypse Demo And PSN Avatars

The racing party at the end of the world recently introduced a hot new track and fresh Weekly Challenges for you to play. Now, I’m excited to be able to bring you news of another larger-than-life update, which will empower you to create, share and get much more out of your action racing experience than ever before.

Before I go on to share with you an overview of the features, changes and improvements at the heart of the latest update, I should tell you that it will be made available after the current PlayStation Network maintenance is complete, on Friday morning.

Simply fire up MotorStorm Apocalypse from your XMB while connected to PSN and you’ll be prompted to update.

Design Your Own Game Modes
The Mode Editor allows you to create your own fun game modes within the MotorStorm template and then play them straight away with other players (online and offline).

The possibilities are vast: Tweak the standard Race mode so that vehicle attacks are disabled…or set-up a 5 round Eliminator mode, on mirrored tracks, for 15 Monster Trucks and 1 Buggy, with moon gravity, infinite boost and no brakes…or do something completely unexpected – we can’t wait to see what you come up with!

MSA_Wallpaper_08_1920x1080

Share Your Customised Vehicles
Customise and share your proudest vehicle designs with your friends via motorstorm.com, and download any that you like the look of from the website to apply to any of the vehicles in your collection – they automatically work across all vehicle types.

Sharing your personalised vehicles is simple: upload them from MotorStorm Apocalypse to your personal Profile area on motorstorm.com and other players can view them immediately.

Downloading shared vehicles from other players is just as easy: find one you like the look of on motorstorm.com, sign in with your PSN Online ID and download it – it will be waiting for you when you next go into Customisation in the game!

MotorStorm Apocalypse: New Track Revealed

Up Your Game With a PS3 Steering Wheel
PlayStation Move controllers and certain PS3 steering wheels are now fully supported in MotorStorm Apocalypse (including customisable configurability options), so you can get even closer to the racing action with a more tactile and realistic control set-up.

I’ve been lucky enough to experience the game using a Logitech G27 force feedback wheel, on a 3DTV with surround sound set-up, and I can honestly say it’s the most exhilarating gaming experience I’ve ever had. Pumping the accelerator and gripping the wheel as you drift your muscle car through a tight city corner at break neck speeds feels incredible, and when an apocalyptic earthquake aftershocks kick in and tears open the ground beneath your wheels – while you’re trying to avoid gangs of crazy looters and rivals throwing their weight around in monster trucks – it ups the ante even more. If you can, you absolutely must experience MotorStorm Apocalypse like this. Words just don’t do it justice.

Supported steering wheels include: Logitech G25, Logitech G27, Logitech Driving Force GT and Logitech Driving Force Pro.

Enjoy Further Improvements to Online Play
In response to continued feedback from MotorStorm players, the update also includes additions and improvements such as; new racer ‘clan tags’, changes to gambling (bets are now won when a rival is disconnected or disqualified), and changes to lobby privacy (so that private rooms can only be joined by invitation).

Keep Up to Speed With MotorStorm Wherever You Are
The community website has also been updated to include player profiles which show off player activity, stats, performance over the last 10 races and shared vehicle designs. The update also includes a mobile version of the website which lets you use an internet enabled mobile devices to keep up to speed with the latest MotorStorm activity (and your friends) wherever you are.

There’s a lot here to keep you rocking the party at the end of the world! If you’d like to keep up with the latest on Apocalypse, or learn more about the game, make sure to keep tabs on motorstorm.com and follow @PhenomEvolution on Twitter. Thanks for your time – Cheers!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

42 Comments 10 Author replies
Show oldest first

mrfight67 11 August, 2011 @ 6:07 pm   1

Move? How does that work, sounds interesting and i might actually get this game now :P Always had my eye on it but i can’t afford the £40 price tag these days

Phenom_Evolution 12 August, 2011 @ 7:59 am

This update paves the way for PlayStation Move controller support, but it won’t be compatible with the Move controller right away. Further details will follow on this.

Every other aspect of the update is ready from the get go.

@Mrfight67: I picked it up on play.com a few weeks back for only £18! Very very enjoyable game and well worth the price! I loved the previous two games but held out on Apocalypse but at £18 it was a steal :D.

“changes to gambling (bets are now won when a rival is disconnected or disqualified)”
Yesssss!!!!! I was getting sick of people getting disconnected or disqualified and me losing out on money. That sentence alone makes this update amazing but I can’t wait to play about with the new options.

Phenom_Evolution 11 August, 2011 @ 7:24 pm

I found that it was rare that my rival would be disqualified or disconnected, but it’s nice to know that if they are and I finish the race I will still get my chip reward! I mean, I did still beat them to the finish line… ;-)

mrfight67 11 August, 2011 @ 6:31 pm   3

Cool will look into it then, thanks :)

vonhammer 11 August, 2011 @ 6:39 pm   4

I’m really not sure why i’ve not bought this yet.MS 1 was the best PS3 game for the first year,PR was awesome fun,but something is stopping me from getting it.I really enjoyed the online demo,but i’m not sold.
I think it’s because MS 1 was probably the purest racer out of the three,and maybe MS Ap is a bit flashy.The best track in the MP demo was the industrial estate one.It felt more MS than jumping on skyscrapers and subway’s.
But writing this makes me want it :( Not sure what to do.

Phenom_Evolution 11 August, 2011 @ 7:29 pm

There’s a good measure of classic MotorStorm tracks to balance out the brutally apocalyptic tracks, and I think it’s worth pointing out that all of the dynamic earthquake tracks can be raced without the earthquake events in multiplayer too.

I’d say you should pick it up, but then I am a tiny bit biased… ;-)

Pacman_Ownage 11 August, 2011 @ 6:43 pm   5

It really looks as though this could cook up quite the… (Motor)storm, am I right?

:D

guys?

almighty-slayer 11 August, 2011 @ 6:48 pm   6

so i guess i have to buy it now? :P

Oh Pacman.

Is there anyway a leaderboard system can be implemented in the mode creator?

Would sure make the current Supermini Cup an easier event to host.

Also nice one for the above wallpaper, been waiting patiently for that one!

Phenom_Evolution 12 August, 2011 @ 8:01 am

You can use a scoring system over a number of rounds which will aggregate a mini-leaderboard, but you won’t be able to chain sessions together over time, unfortunately.

It’ll certainly allow you to make the Supermini Cup more varied though! :-D

Good changes to bet system. It sometimes seemed some people who were losing let themselves be disqualified on purpose.

ConvStation 11 August, 2011 @ 7:04 pm   9

without a track editor it isn`t really play create and share now is it? are we just gonna start throwing that phrase around everywhere till it loses it`s meaning?

Phenom_Evolution 12 August, 2011 @ 7:12 am

I can appreciate your point of view, but I don’t think that the “Play, create and share” philosophy has any requirements or is related to any specific aspects of a game.

While you can’t edit tracks in MotorStorm Apocalypse, you can create your own unique game modes and play them with your friends.

dividsmythe 11 August, 2011 @ 7:33 pm   10

I only got the game on Tuesday and I’m playing it in 3d and loving it.I must be super lucky because I had a free £50 voucher.I bought this and assasins creed brotherhood and haven’t played the latter because MS.A is so good.I never bought it on release day as I found the AI unbearable.I know I’m going to enjoy the rest of the game as well

Phenom_Evolution 12 August, 2011 @ 8:03 am

Great to hear that you’re enjoying the game – and that you’re playing it in stereoscopic 3D too! If you have the opportunity you should try to add a steering wheel to the equation to take your driving experience to the next level again.

@9

I think the answer to that is “yes”.

It wont be long until a SCE game gets released where you automatically upload your fastest time and the slogan for the game will be “Play-Create-Share your fastest lap times” lol

You wait and see dude… You hit the nail on the head though, it’ll get over used to the point of no return.

Carnivius_Prime 11 August, 2011 @ 8:33 pm   12

Excellent new features. Nice job :)

I loved the previous Motorstorm games but the (first) demo of Apocalypse was just awful and put me off. This update is tempting me to give the game another try.

Phenom_Evolution 12 August, 2011 @ 8:11 am

It’s still very much brutal off-road racing – it’s just in an urban location.

Try and play the full game and give it another chance to impress you. :-)

Excellent game it is;) Cool update thanks.

godtracks 12 August, 2011 @ 4:01 am   15

i really want make the sticker and artwork by myself
upload the picture to ps3,then paste on car/bike
file size like 480×272 “arkwork” ,128×128 “sticker ”
sorry for my poor eng m(_ _ )m

JaviviManchester 12 August, 2011 @ 4:38 am   16

Ive been waiting for this, cool !!!

godtracks 12 August, 2011 @ 6:35 am   17

i still waiting for dlc cars form hongkong ps store…><

Phenom_Evolution 12 August, 2011 @ 9:15 am

They are currently scheduled for release in Hong Kong towards the end of August.

vicheous 12 August, 2011 @ 8:48 am   18

Time to dig out Motorstorm again and connect my G25/Playseat and 55″ 3D ;-)

These all sound like great additions, but I played this so much in the first few weeks that I think I’ll hold off a little while longer before getting back into it.

On another note, should I be putting some cash aside for some track packs, or other big chunks of DLC? If there was one of those coming in the next month or two that would be the perfect time to jump back in.

Great support yet again keep the good job up!!

@splenge There is already a track pack available for Apocalypse. And its FREE!

Just update the game as normal and get your free track.

There should be another soon, but details are currently unknown apart from its called “The Heights” :)

maliDjuro 12 August, 2011 @ 10:36 am   22

I just have one question, since motorstorm.com isn’t working at the moment. Will there be support for Thrustmaster T500RS wheel?

Nazar_Ops 12 August, 2011 @ 11:02 am   23

Lol, reminds me of LBP. But thats no problem, its still a PS3 game and im not complaining. But i dont have the game.

Multiplayer doesn’t work and I can’t upload veliches…

Awesome support, great job and thank you for all you´re hard work.

ConvStation 12 August, 2011 @ 11:09 am   26

@ Phenom_Evolution , I`m playing Worms 2 : Armageddon at the moment, it also allows you to do unique game modes as well, is that play, create and share as well?

If you actually think it is, then Play, Create and Share has been around for a good 13 years has`nt it?

So we really cannot claim that the Play, Create and Share was conceived on the marvelous PS3 anymore…

to get to the point stop using the Play, Create and Share title in vain, you will destroy a genre…

Immortal-Wolf- 12 August, 2011 @ 11:43 am   27

Black Ops † Rezurrection † DLC Moon, Nacht der Untoten Night, Verruckt Asylum, Shi No Numa Swamp, Der Riese, Factory, Playstation Store 23rd september 2011 check out my EL73 Elite Service http://www.callofduty.com/elite
Owner & Creator Immortal-Wolf-

Finally!

Before the game was realesed I was really excited.
In the interviews the game director (Matt) talked about the create and share things, But then the game was realesed the day before my brithday (yes i got it the 16. march). The create and share things were’nt there.

Why was this update not at realese?

godtracks 12 August, 2011 @ 2:37 pm   29

When we driving the bike, we can do some action the provoke the others.
However, we cannot do so if we not driving a bike.
Why there’s no horn in other vehicles?

Cloudedpaul 12 August, 2011 @ 3:14 pm   30

you need to change the oringinal post to tell people that move isnt really supported because i downloaded the patch then sat for an hour trying to figure out how to get move to work with it before i came back here to see its not actualy supported yet!

Stonesthrow 12 August, 2011 @ 3:26 pm   31

This is my favorite racegame this generation, together with gt5.. Can’t say I’m surprised that they’re both exclusives :p

And obviously a great game deserves continued support, big ups to Evolution Studios for the support and great dlc on this one..

Just tried the game with stereo 3D and G27, it was AWESOME but I’m litle dissapointed about move

Bloody_Marcel 12 August, 2011 @ 7:04 pm   33

When are we actually getting Move support?

Huono_peleis 12 August, 2011 @ 7:49 pm   34

After the update I can’t race on-line at all!

Job well done! :D

godtracks 13 August, 2011 @ 3:53 am   35

Why in a straight line
quickest bike not copper is dirt?
in multiplayer ,dirt>superbike>copper >=faster than
Is it my Illusion? ORZ

godtracks 13 August, 2011 @ 6:34 am   36

Why some guys when they crash
then reset back to the tracks
but their cars/bike never slow down
is it a network problem? delay?it happen many times OMG..

@36

What you are seeing is lag mate, its usually due to someone in the room having a poor connection

jfontyman 13 August, 2011 @ 12:09 pm   38

@26

Worms 2 has been around for 13 years, codemasters never capitalised on the play, create and share ethos, Gravity Crash on PSN came out before the slogan, that’s play, create and share.

If you have nothing constructive to add then why say something at all? I don’t get the say something just to upset someone mentality.

Bottomline is……just let it be

I rented MSA before, looks like it time to purchase it now.

i did my best 2 create a new game,did all the recommended steps,saved it,but when i try 2 load it,it takes me back 2 the creation process again.why?

i want to create a game mode where i am the only bike against 15 other monster trucks, i could do this on pacific rift…

the only way i can set a race to have 1 bike and 15 MT is to set auto assign but then i dont get the choice to select bike, ive one in 16 chance of getting the bike, am i missing some thing, surly this should be possible ?? i mean you can turn off the breaks for god sake but cant actually select what vehicles i want in a race

please help !!!!

TEST_MY_METAL 15 August, 2011 @ 5:38 pm   41

Are there any plans to support the Logitech wireless wheel? This wheel always seems to be left out. Same happened with dirt 3.

lovin MS:A but th amount of time i spend havin communication problems with th servers and then re-establishin th connection is actually makin me not wanna play anymore. does any1 else have this problem and do they have any ideas on how 2 fix it, PLEEEEAAAASE?