Posted 12:09pm

Four Ways To Watch Gamescom With PlayStation.Blog

Four Ways To Watch gamescom With PlayStation.Blog

After extremely high demand I’m pleased to confirm that we will be providing a live video stream of the SCEE press conference at gamescom. I invite you to join us at the Gurzenich Köln on:

Tuesday 16 August 2011 at 19:00 CET / 18:00 BST / 03:00 Sydney (Wed)

What’s more, we’re giving you four ways to watch the event:

PlayStation.Blog Watch it here on the web and dissect the announcements in the comments.

PlayStation App. The video feed is mobile compatible so you can watch it on your IOS or Android phone via the official PlayStation App.

PlayStation Home Dress smart and watch the conference on the big screens in the PlayStation Home gamescom Space.

Facebook Watch it live with a bunch of people you used to go to school with on facebook.

The video stream will be available on demand for 24 hours after it ends and I’ll be there to write the whole thing up, take pictures and crawl the show floor in search of news and interviews

We’re excited about what we have to show at gamescom 2011- how will you be watching?

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

45 Comments 11 Author replies
Show oldest first

On the PlayStation app too? That’s more like it SCEE. Can’t wait.

James Gallagher 12 August, 2011 @ 1:30 pm

Yup, we’ve worked hard to make it available to as many people as we can.

loadstone007 12 August, 2011 @ 12:17 pm   2

Love it!!! :)

So awesome, and finally!
You better start doing this each year from now on.

I demand Polyphony show us some DLC :)

No, no, don’t worry, I’m not really demanding that. We all know it takes Polyphony Digital years to do anything.

loadstone007 12 August, 2011 @ 12:21 pm   5

Looking forward to a FIFA 12 PS Vita announcement!

DARREN200COOK 12 August, 2011 @ 12:23 pm   6

Err.. I’ll dress in a tuxedo and watch it on Home thankyouplease.

James Gallagher 12 August, 2011 @ 1:31 pm

There will be a What’s New link on the XMB that will take you direct to the gamescom Home space to make it dead easy.

tommasoted 12 August, 2011 @ 12:23 pm   7

Who’ll host the conference? House? He’s been promoted to SCEI president, will he still hold the mic for an EU conference?

Great news! Thank you!

hopefully more of starhawk maybe some gameplay

I’ll watch it on the blog through my PS3, thank you James!

James Gallagher 12 August, 2011 @ 1:35 pm

I’m afraid we haven’t been able to get the feed to work on the PS3 browser – trust me, we have tried really hard. However, if you want to watch it on PS3 then there will be a What’s New icon that will take you direct to the gamescom Space in PlayStation Home where it will be shown live.

@tommasoted Ken Kutaragi. He’ll make a surprise appearance and announce he’ll take the helm again. :P

Awesome, I’ll watch it on the Blog!

mushroomnoob 12 August, 2011 @ 12:40 pm   13

I’ll be there on Saturday xD. Just one question, is it true that you have to pay when you enter Cologne with a car?

superkoei 12 August, 2011 @ 12:48 pm   14

I’ll be in the train to Cologne, hoping they will have free internet in there, because my internet doesn’t work across the border, which I will cross around 19:20

PHILYPOT08 12 August, 2011 @ 12:54 pm   15

SWEET :) yh same orton131 ill be watching it through the blog on my ps3 but wht time isit on in england ?? i get confused with all this BST stuff cheers

GuttermouthSIN 12 August, 2011 @ 1:02 pm   16

I know it’s off topic, and I probably won’t get a reply, but my iPlayer/4oD/ITV Player and My Channels icons are STILL missing on my PS3 after the update.

James Gallagher 12 August, 2011 @ 1:32 pm

They do come back with time but we have found that if you boot up PlayStation Home and then quit out, that seems to speed things up.

undergroundgr 12 August, 2011 @ 1:09 pm   17

nice.7 cet is 9 local for me so ,its the perfect time.hope we can get cool news and why not a price reduction for the ps3.

@ 15
Try booting up Home, Life with Playstation or the PS Store.

GuttermouthSIN 12 August, 2011 @ 1:15 pm   19

@17

Thank you, but I’ve tried it all and still no luck :(

Great! But why is it only availeble 24 hours after the presentation and not longer? I´m sure a lot of people are going to mis it.

James Gallagher 12 August, 2011 @ 1:33 pm

After the 24 hours we’ll have the file and will upload it to YouTube where it will live as long as the Internet lives.

CRASHBASHUK 12 August, 2011 @ 1:23 pm   21

woo cant wait :D i gess the store will have a facelift and could htere ba a new ps3 slim?

almighty-slayer 12 August, 2011 @ 1:36 pm   22

YES! I’m on holiday next week and thought i would have to miss the excitement. You have no idea how happy i am that i can watch it all on my phone :D

Thanks for setting this up for us :)

(oh and have fun there, James)

James Gallagher 12 August, 2011 @ 1:43 pm

Glad to be of service. Just bear in mind we’ve found that it will work way better on your phone with a wifi conncection as opposed to 3G.

Hasquarl 12 August, 2011 @ 1:42 pm   23

Will the conference be in English or German? Or both?

TalllPaul 12 August, 2011 @ 1:58 pm   24

Awesome stuff :D Can’t wait for Gamescom and now I can watch it from the warmth of my home, in Home. :D

Where are the DLC’s in Russian PlayStation Store???? When it will be released???

MORTAL KOMBAT DLC. It’s about a half of the month it’s just disappeared!

RockTwist 12 August, 2011 @ 2:12 pm   27

“Facebook: Watch it live with a bunch of people you used to go to school with on facebook.”

:D Thanks for the laugh, sums it up nicely!

funny to watch it in PS home. Maybe I’ll install home again :-)

I write here because I don’t have any links to contact developers or support and our Russian store belongs to this blog!

DKShadow 12 August, 2011 @ 2:24 pm   30

Hoping to meet you down there this year, James!

James Gallagher 12 August, 2011 @ 2:36 pm

I’ll be there! Do you use twitter? If you do then dropping me a line via @jallagher might be the best way to get in touch when I’m on my feet.

GuttermouthSIN 12 August, 2011 @ 2:26 pm   31

Thanks James, but I really have tried everything multiple times since the update hit. The longer it goes on the more I’m worried they won’t appear at all. Hope it sorts itself soon.

MayRocks8 12 August, 2011 @ 2:31 pm   32

do we have to watch it live if it’s on the blog? or can we just watch it anytime?

James Gallagher 12 August, 2011 @ 2:34 pm

It’s live on Tuesday, then it will repeat over and over on a continuous loop for the next 24 hours. After that we will get hold of the video file and I’ll upload it to YouTube as soon as I can.

DKShadow 12 August, 2011 @ 2:49 pm   33

Yeah, I’m @DKShadow – Let’s see if we can find openings at the same time then ;)

Hell-Raiser-85 12 August, 2011 @ 2:57 pm   34

Thats great news. I remember watching a stream of it last year. Some guy done it from hes phone but it had bad video & sound. Thanks James

Jesse-Blue 12 August, 2011 @ 3:11 pm   35

Great news.
I am excited and hope Sony will have some cool secret announcement.
And Thursday I will see and play for myself at GamesCom. Yay.

Cool;) I can’t wait. Oh and SONY do a £199 PS3 to PLEASE ;P

+ How will i be watching it? As usual…Naked… JOKE!!! ;D

Stonesthrow 12 August, 2011 @ 3:31 pm   37

I’m watching on the blog for sure..

MazzingerZ 14 August, 2011 @ 11:46 am   38

Mmmmh I’ll be busy then…I wonder if a replay will be available, at least via HOME like in the past? it just kept Rolling so anyone could just jump in and watch it…otherwise it doesn’t matter, great job!

obiadekanobi1980 14 August, 2011 @ 3:34 pm   39

awsome get some bf3 exclusive footage please james as there jack all on the web except whats there already and i have all the e3 footage on my ps3 so PLEASE and ill never say a bad word on the blog again

DEAL???????

hope so….

MazzingerZ 14 August, 2011 @ 4:21 pm   40

Just read the main post and my answer was there. GREAT!…my mobile didn’t show the whole thing when I first read it.

Krisp1989 15 August, 2011 @ 10:07 am   41

Great work. I’ll probably be watching. :)

HaRRy-HatCHeT 15 August, 2011 @ 2:33 pm   42

Has anyone else had problems syncing their trophies??? :( I’m not a Plus member & I don’t know why but since I updated to 3.70 it either takes ages to synce my trophies, they don’t sync or it comes up with this error code (80022D68). Please help cause I’m a huge trophy buff :(

gunman1212 15 August, 2011 @ 11:53 pm   43

Sorry for the dumb question, I’ve just not used my Ps3 for home.

To watch this, what exactly must I do on my PS3? Again sorry for the dumb question.

vherostar 16 August, 2011 @ 12:36 am   44

I’ll be working so I can actually buy games! Got over £400 worth of pre-orders before christmas lol hope Sony don’t add to my misery :(

bcpower_08 18 August, 2011 @ 3:14 pm   45

hey. playstation, its has gone 24 hrs and the video of gamescom, isnt here still, i really wanted to watch it, since i have missed it on the other night. please hurry. :)