Posted 9:00pm

Resistance 3 Trophy List: Bwing!

Resistance 3: Tommy

Bwing. Has there ever been a more beautiful sound than “bwing”? Until I release my rap album – I think not. There you are, furiously letting your fingers dance over the controller. Your health is low, but your hope is high. One last shot in the monsters eye and – BWING – you just earned a new Trophy. I don’t know about you, but I’m not used to hearing praise so I get as giddy as Gordon Freeman in a specialty crowbar store when I hear that glorious sound. It’s then I know that another Trophy has joined my wall of virtual pride.

Good news! On September 6th when Resistance 3 launches, my fellow Trophy hoarders and I will have the opportunity to hear the majestic “Bwing” 59 times! That means we’re guaranteed at least 59 more moments of pure joy. You can even get a Platinum Trophy. That’s a moment of super joy – I’m talking “Firefly gets a new season” joy. But getting there isn’t going to be a cake walk (which I don’t even know what that it is, but it sounds awesome). You’ve got 58 other “Bwings” to acquire before you can join the R3 Platinum Posse. Let’s see what some of my personal favorites are, shall we?

Resistance 3: Longlegs

SPOILER ALERT! This list contains multiple spoilers for Resistance 3. So, if you want the game to fresher than a Febreze factory – avert your eyes now. Specifically, there are mention of an unrevealed weapon and a new type of Chimeran enemy. Go watch a funny cat video or something. Have you seen the one with the cat playing with the iPad? It’s hilarious. I highly recommend it. SPOILER ALERT!

Master Mechanic – Fully upgrade all weapons in Campaign Mode (Silver).
This makes me all giddy because it takes me back to my Ratchet roots. I spend hours fully upgrading my colorfully destructive arsenal upon every new Ratchet & Clank release, and now I can finally do it in the Resistance universe. Except this time, there’s tons of blood. Yayz!

Nothing But Net – Score a basket by lobbing a grenade through a basketball hoop (Bronze).

I’m not the biggest basketball fan, but maybe I would be if they used live grenades instead of rubber balls. However, since I don’t know of a health care plan that covers “grenade dunks,” this Trophy will have to suffice for the time being.

Silent Partner – Damage the same enemy in Cooperative Mode for 100 kills (Silver)
Did you hear that you can play through Resistance 3′s campaign cooperatively? No? Well, congratulations because now you have! Why don’t you celebrate by working with your co-op partner to take down 100 Chimera together? That’s at least 20 percent cooler than taking them down alone.

Slaybells – Make Santa and his reindeer fly (Bronze)
I don’t care what my psychologist tells me – Santa is real. Who else would eat my cookies? I’m an awful baker. Knowing he is real is what makes this trophy so hard to get. Let’s just say you don’t make him fly by singing songs of holiday cheer. Sorry, Santa. Can I still get a PS Vita for Christmas?

Brutal – Complete Campaign Mode on Superhuman (Gold)
I love this Trophy because I helped balance the Superhuman difficulty. I played it – it was really, really hard. My feedback? Make it harder. Have fun, kiddoes! Muahaha!

Those are just a few of my favorite trophies. But you don’t have to take my word for it. You can find your favorites when Resistance 3 is released on September 6th. Here’s a list of the full batch:

Bronze Trophies

• Gardener – Destroy 100 Blast Roots
  • Slaybells – Make Santa and his reindeer fly
  • Up Your Arsenal – Get a kill with every weapon in your arsenal
  • Overload – Use the EMP to take down 15 Steelhead auger shields
  • Cheap Shots – Kill 25 enemies firing the Auger through an object
  • Grenadier – Kill 3 or more Military Chimera with a single grenade
  • Raining Limbs – Kill 25 Grims using only Grenades
  • Corpse Wagon – Kill 3 enemies simultaneously using a single plagued body
  • strong>Juggler – Inflict 4 enemies with each status ailment
  • Nothing but Net – Score a basket by lobbing a grenade through a basketball hoop
  • Weaponsmith – Upgrade 5 weapons in Campaign
  • This is My Rifle – Fully upgrade one weapon in Campaign Mode
  • Backstabber – Kill 20 enemies with Melee while they are idle
  • Toast – Use the upgraded Deadeye secondary fire to kill 2+ enemies 5 times
  • Counter-Sniper – Use the Deadeye to kill 20 snipers
  • Electric Avenue – Use the EMP to take down 25 drones
  • Warp Speed – Use the EMD secondary fire to kill 30 enemies
  • Feeling Lucky Punk – Detonate multiple Magnum rounds to kill 2+ enemies at once – 5 times
  • Fireworks – Use the Wildfire secondary fire to kill 6 enemies in one shot
  • Boom Stick – Use the upgraded Rossmore secondary fire to set 6 enemies on fire at once
  • Tag You’re It – Kill 40 Bullseye tagged enemies
  • Opportunity Knocks – Kill 20 enemies with environmental objects
  • Expert Sniper – Get 50 headshot kills in Campaign Mode
  • Collector – Collect 10 intel
  • Waste Not – Get 5 headshot kills with one Deadeye clip
  • Shoe Leather – Travel 100 miles on foot
  • Land, Sea, and Air – Travel in 3 different vehicles in your journey
  • Buckshot – Kill 2+ enemies with one Rossmore blast
  • Access Denied – Absorb 1000 damage with Auger Shields
  • From the Hip – Kill 25 enemies with the Bullseye or Marksman while moving
  • Chamber Full of Death – Kill 5+ Hybrids at once by using the HE .44 Magnum secondary fire
  • Helping Hands – Revive a Co-op player 20 times
  • Silver Trophies

• Irresistible Force – Complete Campaign Mode on any difficulty
  • Master Mechanic – Fully upgrade all weapons in Campaign Mode
  • Archivalist – Collect all journals
  • Silent Partner – Damage the same enemy in Cooperative Mode for 100 kills

• Gold Trophy

• Brutal – Complete Campaign Mode on Superhuman

• Platinum Trophy

• Platinum Trophy – Unlock all Resistance 3 Trophies
  • Super Spoilers
    (This is your last chance to leave unspoiled, amigo)

• Short Out – Defeat the stalker in under 60 seconds
  • Bouncer – Keep Chimeran forces from entering the Brewpub
  • Calm Under Pressure – Defeat the Brawler in the Post Office in under 2 minutes
  • Snipe Hunt – Collect all Deadeye rifles without dying while fighting the Widowmaker in St. Louis
  • Roops! – Knock a Hybrid off the cliffs in Mt. Pleasant, PA
  • Frickin’ Laser Beams – Get to the first mineshaft without being hit by sniper fire
  • Vehicular Manslaughter – Destroy 10 Warden vehicles
  • Hello Driver – Kill 5 drivers without destroying their vehicle
  • BARF! – Make 6 Wardens puke at the same time in the prison
  • One Eyed Jack – Find and kill ‘Jack’ in Graterford Prison
  • No Escape – Destroy all Warden vehicles in the motor pool
  • In This Together – Defeat the Widowmaker in Times Square without killing a single Hybrid
  • Good Fences – Don’t allow any counter-attackers into the Washington Square base
  • Medusa – Freeze 5 enemies at once and destroy them with a blast of the Cryogun’s alt fire
  • Bull in a China Shop – Freeze and melee kill 3 Ravagers

• End Spoiler-Thon

I haven’t been this excited about a list since my senior year musical cast list was put up (I was the best spoon Beauty and the Beast had ever seen). As you can see, Insomniac has made sure to give players just the right balance of fun and challenge when acquiring trophies. That makes each one immensely satisfying.

So, flex your thumbs, sanitize your controller and get ready to bwing on the “bwings.”
    Now I wish there was a Trophy for using awful puns.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

30 Comments 0 Author replies
    Show oldest first

Pacman_Ownage 19 August, 2011 @ 9:34 pm   1

I’ll be the first one to say it…

I love the write up :D

But I dislike trophies.

jonnatarUK 19 August, 2011 @ 9:36 pm   2

I have never wanted a series to be better than it actually is than Resistance. Really dug the first one, the overwhelming negative response to the second put me off. Really looking forward to 3, looks great so far!

Hell-Raiser-85 19 August, 2011 @ 9:39 pm   3

No MP trophys is great news as i hate them. That 10000 kill trophy for R2 was ott. Great trophy list will try to plat.

wardragon989 19 August, 2011 @ 9:41 pm   4

I said a bit on the US blog (Silent Partner wording and Superhuman)

But overall I’m glad you guys are going for more single player trophies then outrageous online trophies :D So thank you. No 10,000 trophy this time thank god.

Also two questions:
    - With 2 and 3 having trophies can R:FoM get some trophies? :D You could even some outside company to do it, if you guys can’t.
    - This might be a bit too soon with the later but will Resistance Retribution and Burning Skies ever be coming with HD upgrades? (similar to God of War?)

safalum01 19 August, 2011 @ 9:47 pm   5

^^ i was gonna say the same xD
    whoever wrote this, i frickin love it! you izz funny my mann/ giirrl xD

extermin8or_ 19 August, 2011 @ 10:18 pm   6

It was written by brandon who think is their intern jusging buy that MASSIVE full moon podcast they did a few weeks ago :p

That was a bloody refreshing article that was actually really funny.

So Branndon you gonna devulge on the amount of trophies your packing then mate?

62 platinums and counting. Beat that. lol

P.S and anyone who dislikes trophies, are… smart.

mattmanunited 19 August, 2011 @ 11:10 pm   8

Sony pull your thumb out of your as$ and fix the web browser, it is now impossible to watch anything on the 4od app because the web browser collapses and says “there is not enough memory. the window content was replaced with a blank page.”

I’ll be on the lookout for that debute album.

Gamer rap ftw!

TrulyALie 19 August, 2011 @ 11:47 pm   10

No amount of trophies in the world could be close to “Firefly gets a new season” joy Brandon. Only meeting the Cap’n himself could make me that happy.
    That said, the game looks fantastic and you might just be able to earn yourselves second place.

TheDarkArk 19 August, 2011 @ 11:51 pm   11

Not going to be an easy plat. ;)

leonkenworthyuk 20 August, 2011 @ 12:46 am   12

Firefly getting a new season had to be the blog quote of the year! not a trophy monster myself but that quote actually made me read on. top work!

mr00droidman 20 August, 2011 @ 1:43 am   13

hey do you have any recent updates about the 3d tv bundle’s release date 4 australia

10,000 kills in MP is very reasonable if you enjoy the game, bring it back. Platinum trophies should be hard, otherwise they’re meaningless, so you can distinguish between the true connoisseurs and trophy whores.

btw I use the “bwing” sound as my cellphone’s message tone :D

Good no MP trophies I never go for them because they are just too boring

wezer1871 20 August, 2011 @ 6:31 am   16

put resistance 3 on the playstation store the same day as launch for round about £40 n ill buy it straight away

TalllPaul 20 August, 2011 @ 6:46 am   17

This is going on my try to plat list since I got my UC2 one I have been a bit addicted :P

Mr__Stig 20 August, 2011 @ 9:27 am   18

Loving the trophy lists that i asked for. Its nice to see them….But i have the 2nd game and still not even played it……Thanks for the trophy list….

put it on the store and i’ll wait for its price to drop to €30 and i def gonna buy then

Me so trophy, me so trophy, me bwing you long time.

CassyChan 20 August, 2011 @ 2:54 pm   21

“That’s a moment of super joy – I’m talking “Firefly gets a new season” joy.”

Man that would’ve been awesome, Serenity really didn’t live up too how great Firefly was.

Slogan123 20 August, 2011 @ 3:25 pm   22

I found Resistance 3 was a bit of a surprise cos I really wasn’t expecting it! The Graphics look very hot and it would be awesome to see Chimera coming out it 3D :)

Manky_Papa 20 August, 2011 @ 4:57 pm   23

Brilliant blog post. Can’t wait for Resistance 3, the SP demo and MP beta are both awesome.

WillPG1212 20 August, 2011 @ 11:51 pm   24

At least when you finally got the Killing Machine and Spectre Officer trophies in R2, it was a FFFUUUUU YEAH! moment. Something to be happy about.
    whats the point of trophies if there all simple to get.

Beta is awesome, so il be gettng this regardless, but i wish devs stopped nerfing everything this gen.

“You can even get a Platinum Trophy. That’s a moment of super joy – I’m talking “Firefly gets a new season” joy”

So does that mean that earning Platinum in Resistance 3 is as much an impossible to achieve joy as another seasor of Firefly? Sounds promising. ;)

Hamusuta_SWE 21 August, 2011 @ 2:14 am   26

I don’t think I see any online trophies, that makes the game pretty much useless for buying unused. I personally will get used copy of the game, I don’t care about the games multiplayer.

there was NO info yet about COOP sooo what is the story ? No coop? or better then R2?

Blackglasswar 22 August, 2011 @ 1:41 pm   28

I personally sit there saying “pling” when I am expecting a trophy to pop. Not sure if “bwing” feels right… even so… Nice post! Looking forward to eventually getting this.

young_hastings 22 August, 2011 @ 4:19 pm   29

yes!!!!! no 10,000 multilayer kill trophy this time :D i was ready to snap the disc by the time i got the resistance 2 platinum

Dante_Zero 23 August, 2011 @ 3:56 am   30

glad to see that with no mp 10k kills trophy it’s not gonna take me over 2 years to plat it again.