Posted 11:59am

PlayStation Store Special Offers 7th September 2011

PlayStation Store (via PS3, PSP and Media Go)

Hello everybody and welcome once again to the PlayStation Store Special Offers Update. A couple of weeks ago we launched the PSP Power Sale, bringing you some great PSP games at discounted prices. Well now its time for the second part of the PSP Power Sale, but what does that mean?….. New games!! That’s what.

Banner-E_psp_power_sale

Now there is one game on this list I have to give a special shout out too and that is the eagerly awaited Persona 3 Portable. We have been waiting for this game release for quite a bit in the EU and because of that, the publishers have agreed to a 2 week discount for this game on the day of release. So don’t miss out and get your copy now to take advantage of this discount.

We also have some other great games available and some of you will notice that games you requested last week on the blog are now in the sale. So don’t be scared to make a request and get involved.

Anyway that’s enough chit-chat for now, see the content available below for you from the 7th September to the 21st September.

Enjoy!

PSP

• Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos (was £13.99/€17.99 – now £9.99/€12.99)
  • Alien Syndrome (was £11.99/€14.99 – now £6.29/€7.99)
  • Astonishia Story (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £4.79/€5.99)
  • Brain Challenge (was £3.99/€4.99 – now £1.59/€1.99)
  • Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £4.79/€5.99)
  • Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars (was £11.99/€14.99 – now £7.99/€9.99)
  • Dead or Alive: Paradise (was £27.99/€34.99 – now £11.99/€14.99)
  • Dynasty Warriors (was £13.99/€17.99 – now £7.99/€9.99)
  • Dynasty Warriors Vol2 (was £13.99/€17.99 – now £7.99/€9.99)
  • Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce (was £23.99/€29.99 – now £11.99/€14.99)
  • EXIT (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £4.79/€5.99)
  • Generation of Chaos (was £6.29/€7.99 – now £4.79/€5.99)
  • Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus (was £23.99/€29.99 – now £12.99/€16.99)
  • Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley (was £23.99/€29.99 – now £13.99/€17.99)
  • Indiana Jones & The Staff of Kings (was £23.99/€29.99 – now £3.99/€4.99)
  • Iron Man 2 (was £27.99/€34.99 – now £9.99/€12.99)
  • LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (was £23.99/€29.99 – now £13.99/€17.99)
  • Midnight Club Bundle (was £15.99/€19.99 – now £11.99/€14.99)
  • MX vs. ATV Untamed (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £4.79/€5.99)
  • Open Season (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £4.79/€5.99)
  • Persona 3 Portable (was £27.99/€34.99 – now £23.99/€29.99)
  • Peter Jackson’s King Kong (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £4.79/€5.99)
  • Petz My Baby Hamster (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £4.79/€5.99)
  • Petz My Puppy Family (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £4.79/€5.99)
  • Phantasy Star Portable 2 (was £27.99/€34.99 – now £15.99/€19.99)
  • Prinny 2 (was £23.99/€29.99 – now £15.99/€19.99)
  • Ridge Racer (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £3.99/€4.99)
  • R-Type Tactics (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £5.49/€6.99)
  • Samurai Warriors: State Of War (was £13.99/€17.99 – now £7.99/€9.99)
  • SEGA Mega Drive Collection (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £6.29/€7.99)
  • SoulCalibur: Broken Destiny (was £23.99/€29.99 – now £11.99/€14.99)
  • Spectral Souls: RotEE (was £13.99/€17.99 – now £9.99/€12.99)
  • Spinout (was £6.29/€7.99 – now £3.99/€4.99)
  • SpongeBob’s Truth or Square (was £23.99/€29.99 – now £13.99/€17.99)
  • Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes (was £31.99/€39.99 – now £3.99/€4.99)
  • Star Wars: Battlefront Elite Squadron (was £31.99/€39.99 – now £3.99/€4.99)
  • Star Wars: Battlefront II (was £15.99/€19.99 – now £3.99/€4.99)
  • Star Wars: Battlefront Renegade Squadron (was £15.99/€19.99 – now £3.99/€4.99)
  • Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (was £15.99/€19.99 – now £3.99/€4.99)
  • Stateshift (was £6.29/€7.99 – now £4.79/€5.99)
  • Surf’s Up (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £4.79/€5.99)
  • Thrillville: Off the Rails (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £3.99/€4.99)
  • TNT Racers (was £6.29/€7.99 – now £3.19/€3.99)
  • Tom Clancy’s EndWar (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £4.79/€5.99)
  • Undead Knights (was £27.99/€34.99 – now £11.99/€14.99)
  • UNO (was £3.99/€4.99 – now £2.39/€2.99)
  • Valhalla Knights 2 (was £11.99/€14.99 – now £8.79/€10.99)
  • Valhalla Knights 2 Battle Stance (was £15.99/€19.99 – now £8.79/€10.99)
  • Voodoo Dice (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £4.79/€5.99)
  • Warhammer 40k Squad Command (was £7.99/€9.99 – now £4.79/€5.99)
  • Warriors Orochi (was £13.99/€17.99 – now £7.99/€9.99)
  • Warriors Orochi 2 (was £23.99/€29.99 – now £11.99/€14.99)

minis

• Edge (was £3.99/€4.99 – now £0.99/€1.19)
  • Enigmo (was £2.49/€2.99 – now £1.24/€1.49)
  • Heroes of Sparta (was £3.99/€4.99 – now £1.74/€1.99)
  • Jane’s Hotel (was £2.49/€2.99 – now £1.24/€1.49)
  • Lets golf (was £3.99/€4.99 – now £1.74/€1.99)
  • Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess! (was £3.49/€3.99 – now £1.24/€1.49)
  • N.O.V.A. Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance (was £3.99/€4.99 – now £1.74/€1.99)
  • Pac-Man Championship Edition (was £3.49/€3.99 – now £2.49/€2.99)
  • Run Ghost Run (was £2.49/€2.99 – now £1.24/€1.49)
  • Zombie Tycoon (was £3.49/€3.99 – now £1.99/€2.49)

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

148 Comments 46 Author replies
Show oldest first

potential91 5 September, 2011 @ 12:01 pm   1

More stuff for the PSP! Great to see you still care about this :D

Good to see the latest Plus updates are really motivating and now so much PS3 discounts, im in love!

almighty-slayer 5 September, 2011 @ 12:03 pm   3

Nice sale once again :)

Maybe i’ll pick Prinny 2.
Great sale though! :-)

I hate to be a wet blanket but some of the pre-sale prices are a joke e.g. Undead Knights @ 27.99?

Andy Stewart 6 September, 2011 @ 9:17 am

I know, thats why I make sales promotions. However publishers are beginning to price drop there games, we will keep you posted on these on Ross’s Store Update blog.

Whats the best choice out of the 3 Star Wars Battlefront games?

ShadowDoGGG 5 September, 2011 @ 12:15 pm   7

PS+ should have been done last week, its going to be the 7th September before it renews now. Far too much into the month.

Not as good as the last section of the sale, but still some great bargains here.
I’ll definitely be picking up Persona 3 Portable, glad it finally found its way to PSN after being out at retail for so long.

PS+ Update where is it ?

@6 I personally liked Battlefront 2 the most, but I believe the general consensus is that Renegade Squadron is better.
I might be bias towards 2 because it was my first PSP game (also one of my most played ones!)

Thanks for the early update. Could you please include Gensan in the next PSP sale? I think it’s too expensive for a game which has been released ages ago. Thanks!

InsomniacMind 5 September, 2011 @ 12:26 pm   12

>> So don’t be scared to make a request and get involved.

I would very much like the “Tilt!” pinball game to be added to the PS Classics. Any chance of that, please? (It was called “Hyper 3D Pinball” in the US).

I have the original disc, but my PS3 doesn’t emulate it well. The flippers react too slow for the game to be playable :(

Andy Stewart 6 September, 2011 @ 9:26 am

Hi InsomniacMind

I can only deal with games that are available on the store or I know that are coming to the store.

So requests only for content currently on teh store please.

Sorry

Liam_Croft 5 September, 2011 @ 12:30 pm   13

Plus update? We were promised something for Friday/Saturday last week, and it still hasn’t come.

will there be another?

Andy Stewart 6 September, 2011 @ 11:08 am

Yes, with some games that have been missed off this list due to late submissions, it will not be a PSP Power sale but there will be more discounted PSP content available.

Not as good as the first sale. Dare I say… nothing for me!
Was hoping to PSN-ise some of my Square Enix UMDs but I guess not.

I might pick up the indianna jones game. I fancied it when it was released, but for £3.99, its a steal.

KiK_Khundre 5 September, 2011 @ 12:42 pm   17

Definitely not as good as Part 1 of the sale…

and I was hoping for Valkyria Chronicles 2 … :(

@7 @9: PS Plus is getting an update wednesday.

And it better be good, since we didn’t had min-month treats in August!

PHILYPOT08 5 September, 2011 @ 12:52 pm   19

yyo ross u no tht u sed to me tht were getting resident evil avatars in PS PLUS in september isit this wednesday ? plz say yes lol

Andy Stewart 6 September, 2011 @ 11:13 am

Ross has told me that there is a big refresh for tomorrows publish and there will be resident evil avatars!!

Whoop Whoop!!

There hasn’t been any good quality content in weeks :(

Andy Stewart 6 September, 2011 @ 11:12 am

for the store in general or the promotions? remember this is the pormotional blog, not the PSN Store update blog.

ShogunDarius 5 September, 2011 @ 12:54 pm   21

I was hoping Cladun would go in the sale, nothing of interest for me then

>>So don’t be scared to make a request and get involved.

If you are doing another sale like this (or extend this one) I’d love to see a Valkyria Chronicles 2 sale.

I’d also love to see Megaman Powered Up on PSN, but I figure it’s so old at this point that Capcom doesn’t care D:

Well there’s certainly some good deals there, i’m quite interested in the Star Wars games.

However I’m slightly disappointed that there are some games that people were asking for were not in the list, for example Valkyria Chronicles 2 and also the Syphon Filter games.

ps. I thought Soul Calibur was priced a bit high when Tekken was only £7.99 in Part 1 of the sale

Andy Stewart 6 September, 2011 @ 11:16 am

I am sorry that you are dissapointed, however hopefully we will see something with these games soon, will keep you guys posted.

Chocobo115 5 September, 2011 @ 1:09 pm   24

Hmm I might at the wrong place but Ross, can you make sure to talk in advance with NISA about making sure EU Disgaea 4 DLC to be up-to-schedule with the DLC US has recieved at the time.
On same week or week after EU release preferbly.
I’d be forever grateful if you could make this happen!

Andy Stewart 6 September, 2011 @ 11:18 am

Sadly I am not Ross (or maybe thats a good thing :) )

I suggest you take this comment to Ross’s blog post on Wednesday.

I would have liked to see some of the BURNOUT games included in the PSP sale, so maybe for another time.

I was really hoping RESISTANCE: RETRIBUTION would have been on offer too.

sympozium_666 5 September, 2011 @ 1:11 pm   26

Nooo I missed the Fates price cut (T_T)

UIUoOoUIU 5 September, 2011 @ 1:12 pm   27

@ Yeroon

Yes, you’re right we didn’t had min-month treats in August! :(

But now I can barely wait to see what games are this month for us :-)))

Neo-Renzokuken 5 September, 2011 @ 1:13 pm   28

Some good games for the second part of the sale.

In future PSP sales I hope to see some Square Enix games, Metal Gear Solid (Portable Ops, Peace Walker, Ac!d), Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Sony’s own catalogue of PSP games.

Andy Stewart 6 September, 2011 @ 11:20 am

Well sadly I can’t comment on Square Enix, as for the other games though lets wait and see and hopefully will get something sorted for you.

KillerXp82 5 September, 2011 @ 1:16 pm   29

I’m sad not to see the first Persona on sale, I would really like to get Persona 3 portable but I know I can get the hard copy of Collectors Edition for £22.85 new so I’m torn because sure I would like to play it on the Vita but

1. These games take up a fair amount of space so will I be doing what I’m doing now with my digital games on my psp, picking & choosing what to have on my memory card & then having to delete something when I feel like playing one of my other games I don’t have on my memory card & then having to install that before I can play it.

2. Also what’s likelihood of the Persona games getting remastered for Vita & Ps3 some time in the future, their awesome games so there’s a good chance right? I can hope anyway.

I ordered Persona 3 FES for Ps2 last week which I’m still waiting on to arrive but I really couldn’t decide on what to do so I thought getting that version for now would be a safe bet, I mean from what I understand they are different enough from each other to warrant having both FES & Portable version.

c9dartfinish 5 September, 2011 @ 1:22 pm   30

Guillemots, Prinny 2 is definitely worth getting at that price, one of the best games I have ever played

Skookie30 5 September, 2011 @ 1:25 pm   31

i will say this still keep P3-FES as it got the 2nd story called the answer it not in P3P but in P3P there new content like NPC from P4 & catherine.

Skookie30 5 September, 2011 @ 1:30 pm   32

* i agree too it not as good as the 1st one only 2 caught my eye.

off-topic the PSN something wrong with it i‘m keep loseing psn Sign out.

Guys, i’m going to be honest. PSP is pretty much dead to me since Sony launched the ultra-combo-killer-pincer-death-move of Vita and PSP HD remakes on PS3 (& xbox in the case of MGS Peace Walker.

Instead of flogging a dead horse, can we have the ‘Platinum/Greatest Hits’ range of cut-price older PS3 games added to the PlayStation store?

There really is no excuse not to have older, Sony-published games like Heavenly Sword or Killzone 2 on PSN…….

Hey Sony, I’m glad that you show some support for a system that will soon be replaced, but what about the PS3?

The sales since christmas had been nothing but a sad joke. And even the x-mas sales couldn’t dare to compete with sales on other platforms.

Andy Stewart 6 September, 2011 @ 11:24 am

Yes there will be some PS3 sales coming up shortly and sorry you are not happy with the offers available. I try my best to make everybody happy, guess that is not working.

windsorblue01 5 September, 2011 @ 1:56 pm   35

ok people for people who asked where our midmonth treats are if you ask the people in charge they will say we had loads of discounts which we did even if you didnt want the games also the betas even if you were not interested in them

i know usally we get a free game midmonth but it looks like because so many people were asking for reduced prices instead in previous posts looks like they went that way i hope they dont keep doing just discounts because

not all of us can afford to keep buying games even if they are at lowerprices so the free extra at the midmonth was a good treat

i hope all the people who wanted less free games and more bdiscounts are happy

bit disappointed – a good sale generally, maybe too much.. nothing on the other hand that I really want

was hoping for some PSN games : Peggle, patchwork hero’s (neither have ever been reduced I believe, although Patchwork was in US store)

instead, it must be third sale of Spinout, Stateshift etc

also Stardust would have been nice… some Wipeout, Everybody’s Golf, FIFA …

Andrefpvs 5 September, 2011 @ 2:15 pm   37

Alright, I hereby request Persona 1 (PSP) for a price reduction!

I kinda would like to try it, but definitely not at its current price. Sorry.

Andy Stewart 6 September, 2011 @ 11:28 am

Added to the request list, lets see if we can make it happen.

Thanks for the suggestion.

thats great now we just need a digital version of crisis core and kingdom hearts birth by sleep so i can play these game with the vita. haveing these would help me make get the vita on launch even with a small launch lineup

AaronSOLDIER 5 September, 2011 @ 2:33 pm   39

Not as good as the other but still a couple here Ill buy, shame theres no PS1 games though. I was hoping for Persona 1 as well for £10, £20 is a bit much for a 2 year old PSP game.

Jefferson050 5 September, 2011 @ 2:35 pm   40

sony fix the play offers.. again there’s a game missing there.

I wanted to pre-order bloodrayne betrayal, but its not in the play
section.

a few days a go it was the baconing that was missing.

a few days before that. the streetfighter game that was missing.

Sony what are you doing. are you sabotaging things here?

fix you sh%t.

In case some Plus guys don’t know theres 20% (i think) off the 1 year subscription and the Assassin’s Creed Beta was the Friday/Saturday treat.

Andy Stewart 6 September, 2011 @ 11:30 am

It seems like nobody knows about this, I am concerned that no one checks the store and instead complains on the blog before checking.

Oh Well…

It needs a big booming voice over…

POWER SALE! :D

Ross, phone Brian Blessed, he’d do it. Ask him to say “Gordon’s alive” as well, he likes doing that :)

Playtoy_17 5 September, 2011 @ 2:49 pm   43

HI andy

Around What time is the PS PLUS update on wednesday

Andy Stewart 6 September, 2011 @ 11:32 am

I think it should be available too all locales by at 5pm, it usually starts rolling out at about 2pm.

However this is not exact, as I am sure you understand when you roll somethign out around the world like this, it is not instant.

Andy Stewart 6 September, 2011 @ 11:33 am

That 5pm GMT

Hi there,

I asked two weeks in a row about whether the Syphon Filter PSP installments would be included in the sale and you replied saying that you would look into it. Was there any particular reason why they did not feature in part two of the sale?

Also, any news of the likelihood of them being included in the PSP Essentials Range (given their age) or being included in a future sale?

Cheers.

Andy Stewart 6 September, 2011 @ 11:35 am

There is something a happening with Syphon Filter and other Sony PSP games, I can’t tell you what yet but as soon as it is all confirmed I think you will be happy. Shame they did not make it into this part of the sale though.

Oh, Andy, sorry. Thought you were Ross.

It was the same when Mike left and we thought that Ross was Mike, but he wasn’t because he’s Ross. And he’s not leaving. Is he?

er…

I welcome our new Store Overlord ;)

Have you phoned Brian Blessed yet?

Andy Stewart 6 September, 2011 @ 11:41 am

Wow wow wow!! I am not the Store Overlord (thank god :P )

I am the promotions and pricing coordinator working for Ross, he is still the boss.

Why are we contacting Brian Blessed?

“…if you ask the people in charge they will say we had loads of discounts which we did…”

Discounts are not considered treats.
The discounts are only 20%. You have to buy a awful lot of PSN-games to make it worth the 50 euros I payed for Plus.

Andy Stewart 6 September, 2011 @ 11:54 am

Sorry but this is not the PLUS blog, I suggest you take this comment to the PLUS blog instead.

@Murnan,

Happy to see I’m not the only one hanging out for a discount on the Syphon Filter games :)

maddogarchie64 5 September, 2011 @ 3:02 pm   48

please post a blog saying what’s in PS+, most of the stuff was either crap or cheap in august and it’s lasted for ages

windsorblue01 5 September, 2011 @ 3:02 pm   49

@Yeroon i agree with you dont get me wrong i think that plus is now changing for the worst still waiting for mushroom wars where ever that is
also as you lot maid a mistake for plants vs zombies that shoud be offerd

windsorblue01 5 September, 2011 @ 3:03 pm   50