Posted 6:47pm

LittleBigPlanet: Weekly Sack-Post!

Greetings Sackboys & Sackgirls. We’re back to bring you regular updates from the world of LittleBigPlanet, including news, community updates, major announcements, or just fun insider tid-bits.

Tell a friend! LittleBigPlanet 2 is going Platinum!
Forgive us for sounding like a late-night infomercial, but…now for an amazing low price, you can own LittleBigPlanet 2, and experience a whole new world that millions of people love, plus discover over 5.2 million user-generated games! All with Sackboy at your side! If you haven’t picked up LBP2…what are you waiting for!

LittleBigPlanet 2 – Now Move enabled!!!
Earlier this week, many of you downloaded the latest free update for LBP2, but did you know you can NOW control your Sackboy with a Move controller in one hand and a Navigation controller in another? Check out the video below to see another fun way to play LBP2.

And while you get comfy with the all new Move controls, be on the look out for the new LBP2 Move Pack, available on the PS Store on 9/14).

Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story Packs on the PlayStation Store!
If you’ve been asleep for the past few weeks, you might’ve missed our release of four different DLC packs featuring new levels and costumes of your favourite cast of characters from the Toy Story franchise. To infinity and beyond!!! Be sure to visit the PlayStation Store and pick these up today.

Toy Story Pack for LittleBigPlanet and LBP2 Toy Story Pack for LittleBigPlanet and LBP2 Toy Story Pack for LittleBigPlanet and LBP2
Toy Story costumes for LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 Toy Story costumes for LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 Toy Story costumes for LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2
Toy Story Pack for LittleBigPlanet and LBP2

And for a limited time, be sure to download the free “World Peace” costume. Get it before its gone. The costume, I mean…

LittleBigPlanet: World Peace costume

*And for a limited time, be sure to download the free “World Peace” costume. Get it before its gone…the costume, we mean…)

world peace day LBP 2

Question of the week – What’s your favourite Sackboy costume?

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

38 Comments 9 Author replies
Show oldest first

When a game goes Platinum, why not also make them available for download on the PlayStation Store?

Edmark_Cloud 7 September, 2011 @ 8:02 pm   2

Thats awesome but I dont have a PlayStation Move. :’(

Answer to question of the week
Its a tough one but I will go for the davy jones costume. The way the tentacles move is really funny!
Also, havn’t been on LBP2 recently so I will have to try this out. Finally another use for my move controller.

other great game from SCEE MM set in uk i got a question for yea.

when is square enix gonna do a FF7 level pack? we got the costumes.

so Sad :(

I feel bad for not haveing bought this game yet :(, But now that it’s going platinium and the Move pack soon I will buy it!!

GhostViper 7 September, 2011 @ 8:41 pm   7

Great fun playing with the move controller and the new tools :D Only bad thing is that I still have problems with local space on the game camera :(

twinlight2 7 September, 2011 @ 9:04 pm   8

This is a reason to play some more again. Pop’ed the disc in, loaded patch, game wont open anymore. First freeze on “If you see this… dont restart your console” then freeze on health warning after that.

:<

Is there going to be a GOTY edition?

maddogarchie64 7 September, 2011 @ 10:14 pm   10

favourite costume, its a tough on seeing ad there is so many, but I’m gonna say the helghast costume, it looks cooooooool

get the scoreboards working, and i will play agian!

‘LBP3′ Please do it one day;)

Carnivius_Prime 7 September, 2011 @ 10:52 pm   13

Great stuff. Will definitely be getting the Move addon.

the costume i like the most is the LOTS-O pink bear costume from the toy story 3 pack !!!

PenguinGlen 7 September, 2011 @ 11:57 pm   15

Looking forward to the Move pack next week. :) Haven’t played LBP2 in months!

Any idea of the price (in UK pounds please) and will there be new trophies?

Oh and my favourite costume is probably Sack Sparrow.

love the free World peace Day sackthing. Just wondering why update 1.06 was so large 586mb if memory serves. Hope its relacing other lbp patches as a 120gb ps3 only goes so far space wise. Also after Gonzo came I’ve eagerly been awaiting a Miss Piggy sac (with accompanying HI-YA sounds and action and barely seen green frog object whisking past effect please). I hope we can look forward to more muppets and more bunnies. I LOVE BUNNIES (apply to join Bunny’s Rabbit Warren club in home if you don’t believe me(all incumbant bunnies must learn NOT to pellet the club floor but to use the throne in the corner)). Thankyou

Neil McPhillips 8 September, 2011 @ 7:35 am

It’s 586mb because it’s paving the way for the HUGE Move pack that’s coming and it contains new tutorials for the PS Move.

It’s all worth it!

Who doesn’t like the Muppets? :)

quin-tai1300 8 September, 2011 @ 6:09 am   17

The infamous costume :D

thanks to all at MM for an awesome game… wait, you’re not MM… have you now got the lbp baton while MM work on new stuff? lbp 3 with full 3d camera control please. lbp meets mario galaxy = Sony win

Bloody_Marcel 8 September, 2011 @ 10:37 am   19

LittleBigPlanet 2 Move Pack PlayStation Move Analysis

Enjoy! ;)

This looks like a great update and I can’t wait to get my hands on the move pack too.

I am havbing problems with LBP2 and have fallen out of love with it after my problems have still not been patched. Any news on the missing (lethal)tools? I want to create and I can’t. I loved the game but going through it all again on a new profile is too much to ask to get what I have earned.

I hate the Platinum thing. They always get extra free stuff. Make that stuff free online for your biggest fans who recognised the game for is excelance when it came out.

I LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH!

Neil McPhillips 8 September, 2011 @ 12:08 pm

There’s nothing to worry about, the Platinum edition has nothing that the original doesn’t have through the free patches.

All the platinum edition offers is incredible value for money! :)

And I would love to see a level pack for The Muppets!

Costume…wow….difficult…I made one myself and it looks like kind of the jocker (it´s in my level go and check it out).

Move update works great and I will buy the Move expansion next week (if not to expensive).

BloodMountain88 8 September, 2011 @ 12:55 pm   23

Installed the 1.06 update and can’t play the game since it keeps on freezing at the loading screen. Bloody useless…

doomsday619 8 September, 2011 @ 3:18 pm   24

We need some WWE costumes :).

doomsday619 8 September, 2011 @ 3:19 pm   25

We need some WWE costumes :)

doomsday619 8 September, 2011 @ 3:20 pm   26

Ahh sorry for the double post.

maddogarchie64 8 September, 2011 @ 9:34 pm   27

sorry, took a while for me to respond, but killzone21

maddogarchie64 8 September, 2011 @ 9:39 pm   28

Whoops, ignore the 1

Stonesthrow 9 September, 2011 @ 6:03 pm   29

Cool, will have to check it out

Um Neil, I cant play my beloved sackgame . As others have also mentioned above, the game keeps freezing. Can anyone with any useful tips post them here so we can get ingame until the game is repatched. Fanks. Awwww now my face looks like a pickled prune (

Peace Day costume for sure :^)

Springylist 11 September, 2011 @ 5:29 pm   32

Why does lbp 1 no longer show completion amounts on created levels or score boards

spartacus-ff 11 September, 2011 @ 7:41 pm   33

I have playstation move but I don’t have the thing that looks like a nun-chuck fir the wii can I play with the move features without it

Hey! LittleBigPodcast here! Good to see some weekly updates :) And a new face as well, welcome Neil! Good to have you!

SOLUTION TO LBP2 FREEZUP ON LOADING. Ok If you are getting this problem where it freezes up on the Do not switch off the system when the hdd symbolis displayed.as many are, START THE GAME UP WITH ANOTHER PROFILE THEN INVITE THE SACKTHING FROM THE TROUBLED LOAD UP PROFILE(use a second controller)TO THE GAME THAT IS WORKING. Now leave the game and load up the problematic profile and it will load up sans probleme. There may be other ways of fixing this(I had tried deleting my game save data first(NOT Profile save datas dont do that)and reloaded all the patches from day one but that did not help). Dont forget to save your sackthing in settings once a week as well.

oh and sorry for bumping but WELCOME FROM ME TO NEIL TO THE PS BLOG. This is one blog I will be reading weekly as well. )
Now I know Tolkien LOATHED disney and all it stands for, and I wonder what he might think of LBP(I think he would love the utter english eccentricity of mm’s creations and the game’s oh-so-englishness in attitude and nuttiness). With The Hobbit movie being made at the moment by Peter down here in Godzone, I would love to see Bilbo, Golllum and Gandalf as dlc packs(not forgetting the Sackville-Bagginses of course). Even Smaug would be great and an adventure which we are so short on as official dlc would take the cake(after all The Hobbit is a series of adventures all stuck together). Please mm. I’m done with Disney dlc. Let’s take LBP back to it’s english roots and make a dlc in homage to The Hobbit from the most prolific author of last century, J.R.R. Tolkien (I still want a Miss Piggy tho lol.)
Oh and welcome again Neil…)

Eliminator777 13 September, 2011 @ 1:14 am   37

Yes! finally fixed freezing using procions method

jason-canon 14 September, 2011 @ 1:06 pm   38