Posted 10:29am

Resistance 3 – Launches Across PAL From Today!

Hey folks,

It’s with a lot of pleasure that I write today’s post. It has been nearly three years since you last played Resistance 2, and in a studio where we keep up a game-a-year schedule, that seems like a very long time to wait. I’m very happy to announce the release of Resistance 3 across Europe over the next 3 days! The team here has poured three years of their lives into bringing you the heroic survival of Joseph Capelli on his cross-country trip to New York. This brutal alternate 1957 America is our most polished take on the Resistance universe yet. Along the way, you’ll see the dust storm from a Chimeran Terraformer, a flooded town, young rebels fighting to take back St. Louis from the Chimera, haunted mine towns and a snow packed New York City. To make it even better, you can experience the whole game in 2-player co-op, either split-screen or online. Still not sold? Check out the launch trailer -which gives you the first-ever glimpse at the 12 th and final R3 weapon: The Cryogun:

For those of you who love multiplayer, Resistance 3 features our most focused experience, letting you join fifteen other players in battles located in maps across the world. Our theme for Resistance 3 MP was to create something you could only see in Resistance. The 60-level progression and our new ability and attribute system allows you to create a loadout exactly to your play style, and further establishs our “only in Resistance” theme. You’ve seen two great maps in the beta, Wales (Seaside) and Bogota (Trainyard), and two more great ones at PAX and the Insomniac Community Day (Republic of Chad, and Australia). There’s another 8 maps we’ve never shown before, including a snow-packed map, and one with some great Chimeran Architecture. We also have 4v4 and 2v2 maps as well. In short, we believe that R3 MP is a fully-featured experience.

For those of you excited about playing with Move or the Sharpshooter, Resistance 3 fully support both. Got a 3DTV? You’ll be excited to know the game supports stereoscopic 3D as well.

CharlieRoses

That said, we aren’t resting. Our team is also happy to reveal the first DLC we will have ready to release in early October. The Survival Pack brings you a brand new game mode: Invasion. Invasion requires both teams to divide resources to simultaneously own multiple control points on the map. As you hold the nodes, you’ll receive more points. It hearkens back to the wonderful balance in Resistance: Fall of Man of knowing when to send troops on the offensive, and when to hold other players back. In addition to the Invasion mode, your $$$ gets you four new skins of the various Survivors in the game, as well as a static XMB theme. Also in early October, we will release a patch for ALL players that will bring two new maps with it as well.

We’re very excited to get Resistance 3 into your hands this week. We look forward to playing MP online with you soon!

JS

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

49 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Got too many games to play nowdays. maybe another time eh?

We have to wait until friday here in the UK T_T

friday UK -_- alone with dead island thts 80 quid out of my pocket but worth it :D

Sigh wish i didnt have to wait untill Friday

can you confirm if this DLC pack thats coming out in october will come with any extra trophies please?

Static theme? Argh come on get some dynamic ones going!

wonder if it will be available as a digital download on friday like infamous 2, and also if it will cost some unreasonable amount like recent DD games aswell?

SyLaR__GrEy 7 September, 2011 @ 12:24 pm   8

Hi, I was just wondering if Resistance 3 will be available to download from the store on release?
Does anyone know?

What’s with the 656mb patch? I got the game this morning and was surprised by the size of the update. The website said nothing about it.

TimodusSnake 7 September, 2011 @ 12:32 pm   10

My Special Edition just arrived.

obiadekanobi1980 7 September, 2011 @ 12:36 pm   11

talk about rubbing uk gamers faces in it guys couldnt take the time to change the dollar signs into euro or GBP so i wont take the time in buying this game for lets say mmmmm until game offer it for 25 POUNDS or something less then it might grab my intrest but the over saturation of the game on the blog has been terrible video after video after video has made my intrest for this game dwindle especially when there are other games i want to know the ins and out of like rage or bf3 o mw3 or skyrim or…. need i go on but have we seen 20 – 30 posts about said games????

the answer is no its not the fault of you guys but the way in which the blog is run these last few weeks ffs i dont want minis as im sure alot of ppl feel the same but yet there forced down our mouths buy sony either here on the store or as part of my playstation plus so until sony start to treat the eu and row in the same awsomness that they seem to treat the us then i wont be buying ANY sony first party titles now or in the future sorry but it has to stop somwhere and im going to speak with the only thing they understand –

MY WALLET

game looks awsome though and good job on the singleplayer its had some very good reviews.

Is the 3D single player only? I know it’s a long shot,..the first two got some serious split screen action in our house. Might have to draw straws to see who plays it first otherwise.

@9 yeah, they said there will be a day 1 patch with a bunch of fixes and tweaks from the beta feedback.

Finally, tomorrow I will have my own copy. And then beggin my journey!

Catkiller1 7 September, 2011 @ 12:50 pm   15

@ link1983

Check the link out for patch info: http://goo.gl/6q3L7

I’m also jealous to all who have the game already……..sniff hurry up Friday :(

funkpower 7 September, 2011 @ 1:01 pm   16

This was going to be a purchase, but as you announced the DLC BEFORE the game is even out!? I believe that is the highest form of robbery, so for that reason, I am out!

Halitdestroyer 7 September, 2011 @ 1:03 pm   17

can’t wait to pick up my copy this friday!!! :D

PHILYPOT08 7 September, 2011 @ 1:06 pm   18

@ Catkiller1 again totally agree so jealous want my copy now !! LOL

SlemSkurk 7 September, 2011 @ 1:10 pm   19

got my special edition yesterday (lucky me) and i absolutly love it best game i have bought in years and i buy alot of games :) well back to shooting chimera :D

Bovrillor 7 September, 2011 @ 1:11 pm   20

Was considering a purchase, but after seeing the TV Advert I’ve been put off. Doesn’t look all that special to my eye… holding out for Uncharted instead.

Will end up getting this, it’s getting great reviews.

Just wish they’d do an add-on to go back to the UK in the game, back to the remnants of what remains from the locations of the first game.

Bealinator 7 September, 2011 @ 1:18 pm   22

I feel you have made a great decision by scaling back the amount of players on MP – PS3 certainly can handle 64 players without an iota of lag, but is it fun? No. 16 is a good number. A fun number.

SlemSkurk 7 September, 2011 @ 1:18 pm   23

got my special edition yesterday (lucky me) and i absolutly LOVE this game the best game i have bought in a long time and i buy alot of games :) well back to killing chimera :D

MidgetOlympics 7 September, 2011 @ 1:23 pm   24

wheres todays psn update ?

@MidgetOlympics
Very good question :[

Looking forward to playing this game from tomorrow but I do hope you can use all the weapons on single player on Multiplayer.

Would love to be able to use the sledge hammer on death match or magnum but guess there wont be too must change from Beta.

Can anyone who has this already advise any new weapons online?

great ps plus update thanks its about time!!

geddesmond2 7 September, 2011 @ 1:29 pm   28

Please stop teasing me! It really S@cks living in Ireland because we are the last people to get games. I’ve been counting down the days since last week.

got it! at chapter 8 on hard at time of writing. loving the suport for MP. who does the rewards from beta an global work?

Anyone else feel like liberties are being taken when DLC is announced before the release of a game?

geddesmond2 7 September, 2011 @ 1:40 pm   31

@obiadekanobi1980

Well have fun limiting your experiance then. One thing I learned a long time ago was Sony will never treat Europe like they do Japan or America so you can keep crying about it or just get on and do what you threaten to do.

I get annoyed at many of Sonys tactics here in Europe too but ya know what man, there is no way I would miss the experiances Resistance 3 or Uncharted 3 will bring because here on the blog they get a little ignorant sometimes or because they made loads of blog entries for the same game. Heck sony could spit in my face and theres no way I’d miss out on R3 or any other great PS3 exclusive

SlemSkurk 7 September, 2011 @ 1:43 pm   32

all the weapons are in the multiplayer but cant remember if the sledge hammer is there but all the others is

Ok thanks slemskurk. looking forward to having a blast online as enjoyed the beta.

The level up system is alot slower on the proper game then the beta right?

geddesmond2 7 September, 2011 @ 1:47 pm   34

@ Grizla

Only when its announced for a game that has very little online content. 12 maps and 5 game modes will ship with this game and a further 2 maps being added for free in October! That is a great amount of content shipping with this game.

Just look at KZ3 and Socom 4, they shipped with less than 10 multiplayer maps each. I was annoyed when they announced DLC around release but this for R3 is pretty cool. I don’t mind giving 4 euros for 4 multiplayer skins and a new game mode.

Ultima-Genesis 7 September, 2011 @ 1:54 pm   35

Is australia on the same par as the UK, ive been wantin to buy this at some point just wondering if its out here today or we have to wait til friday as well?

@geddesmond

It dosn’t sound so bad when you put it that way, maybe you’re right. It just seems a bit cheeky to me that not everyone has been working on the core game, at least until after release.

Stonesthrow 7 September, 2011 @ 2:43 pm   37

Just got the game :p I sent my mother to pick it up and apparently something went wrong with the pre orders, because I got Dead Island on top of Resistance 3 :p Anyway she paid for it anyway and I can keep it too :p Now I’m gonna roll up a fat one and enjoy the hell out of Resistance 3 :p

xxSamuraiGirlxx 7 September, 2011 @ 3:01 pm   38

@30 yes.

and i need to know please…do i need the psn pass to play the coop campaign online?

no 8 man coop online, people bought over their lag switches from r2, majority on my friends list ain’t getting the game anymore…and i have a £18 credit @ cex. =P

xxSamuraiGirlxx 7 September, 2011 @ 3:05 pm   39

@Stonesthrow

i hate you. lol

shopto dispatched my copy of dead island today so i hope i get it tomorrow…

jakster123x 7 September, 2011 @ 3:56 pm   40

Good luck, guys.

kiranther 7 September, 2011 @ 6:29 pm   41

I am wondering if it is released in India on the same schedule? Communication about release dates in India have been patchy at best :(
Can’t wait for my special copy to arrive.

NO COOP IN R3 like R2 !! You just downgraded your own game WHY !??? it was the only thing i loved on R2 … competitive multiplayer is everywhere but you had outstanding coop and now its gone WHY !??

I pre-ordered my special edition copy will I receive the tooth necklace as a bonus?

maddogarchie64 7 September, 2011 @ 10:08 pm   44

i never thought I’d say this, but too many games are coming out, and I’m stuck with agonising choices, they’re all so good

Gotta wait untill 2marrow dam :(

There, can we not talk about R3 anylonger now or how many sequels does it take for a developer to get that the recipient think it’s a piece of crap game?

Stonesthrow 9 September, 2011 @ 6:06 pm   47

Brilliant game, they learned a thing or two from Guarilla by the looks of it :p Too bad the campaign was so short (time goes by when you’re enjoying yourself:p). I’m not too fond of unlocking scopes as killstreak rewards in multiplayer though.. These unlocks should’ve been permanent..

Stonesthrow 9 September, 2011 @ 9:48 pm   48

Nevermind my last comment :p Just found out that you can unlock scopes, etc permanently by upgrading the actual weapon :p Shouldn’t have wasted all those skill points on stuff I don’t need :p

chrisandsheva 11 September, 2011 @ 5:32 pm   49

do the uk share a server with the us,? only when i played a few games on friday night i kept getting wasted by level 20 players, i know there was a bonus if you bought a certain edition also, anyway thats just not right in any way,shape or form.. why is a lvl 1 in the same game with lvl20′s ? whether they got it earlier is so wrong if we are on the same server.. ye great campaign but if you’s can’t give us a equal/fair shot on multi then it’s only a 6out of 10 overall, from me. Massively spoiled this game.