Posted 2:35pm

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One – Party Of One

Resistance 3 and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One Come to London

The team at Insomniac Games in North Carolina has been working hard to wrap up their first game, Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One. It’s a terrific four-player co-op adventure, and we’re really excited to have it in your hands next month. A frequent question we’ve been getting is “how is it when you play alone?” While bringing co-op to Ratchet & Clank has been by far our number one request for the franchise, we know many of you love to sit down and play Ratchet & Clank and enjoy the fantastic worlds, inventive weapons and hilarious storylines on your own time.

I’m here today to talk a little bit more about the single-player experience. Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One is built from the ground-up to be a co-op game, and many of the mechanics are very co-op based. So quickly realized we needed to give you a computer-controller partner to keep the gameplay balanced. In that regard, if you play All 4 One alone as Ratchet, Qwark or Nefarious, you’ll be teamed up with an AI bot playing as Clank. As you traverse the levels, Clank will ride on your back, just like always. When you reach enemies or a section that requires teamwork, Clank will jump off your back and help you out. What if you play as Clank? We’ve got a special surprise in store for you.

Don’t want to take my word for it? Take a look at this video compiled from single-player footage above!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

28 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

After the beta I’d say it’s gonna be the best Ratchet to date! Day 1 purchase for me :)

acousticguy92 13 September, 2011 @ 11:21 am   2

Gonna tear up the single player on this with gameplay like that. Thanks again Insomniac for yet another awesome looking addition to the series.

D
A
Y
:P

How do people get satisfied by this?!

After all this stuff about 4 player co-op, they come and tell us “Single players will get the normal game, that’s it”!

What was wrong with making the other 2 AI controlled?! It’s called ALL-4-ONE, meaning they are here for each-other!!

I’m disappointed… and I don’t care about non-Clank characters turning small when playing as Clank, It’s just lazy!! :(

Looking forward to getting the game. It might be a Christmas present but I will be playing it.

the1free_man 13 September, 2011 @ 1:29 pm   6

I don’t know, I’m kinda iffy about this one. AI bot things never work. But I’ll keep an open mind.

jamie_ere2k8 13 September, 2011 @ 1:49 pm   7

why the hell do we have to wait intill tomorrow for the fifa 12 demo, when xbox and pc get it today. absolutely pathetic

Im with abd099, the playfield looks empty and I feel disconnected from the gameplay bacause everything looks so far away.
I´m not going to buy this one unfortunately.

@ jamie_ere2k8 i totally agree i was getting all hyped up 4 it today the to find out only xbox & PC got it today i was annoyed big time y da hell is ps3 last 4 every think its stupid -_- were da better console

I’ve been really disappointed by the beta so far. Insomniac has turned it into a kids game! why is there auto aim now? Right stick has now been keyed to the weapon wheel. Oh come on insomniac, please don’t destroy my favourite series! I’m going to be so disappointed if this is where they leave the series. We NEED a sequel to ACIT, still to this day one of the best ps3 games released! 2nd best in the series too, we also need a R&C HD collection. Come on Sony how many fans have to beg for a R&C collection before you will announce one?

@7and@9 you two being serious? one day later does it matter.

zakattack127 13 September, 2011 @ 4:33 pm   12

@7 and @9 i totally agree hyped all day and then its like wtf!! why cant we just have it today like all the others :P

jakster123x 13 September, 2011 @ 4:35 pm   13

Looking good, as usual.

Btw, guys, I’ve had the FIFA 12 demo for about a year now.

Naw, I kid, but waiting one day isn’t a big deal.

Anyway, Ratchet and Clank!

PHILYPOT08 13 September, 2011 @ 4:54 pm   14

@ TAKE-AWAY LOL i fort it was wednesday 4 sum reason dunno y & wednesday is wen store updates so i fort we weren’t getting it wen store updates but its cool i no its tuesday now & dont mind waiting till tomorrow ;p lol just been rapped up played dead island & R3 haha

I love the Beta and that game will be the best PS3 game for me at this moment. Can’t wait! :)

is that a Dimensionator i see in that trailer? hmmmmm

maddogarchie64 13 September, 2011 @ 9:39 pm   17

to be honest, this game has completely changed the original R&C feel that made this franchise so great, now it’s a kids game. Certainly a huge letdown, and I will not rest until R&C3 is in HD on PSN

Its a nice game if you love Ratchet And Clank games. And great co-op, played the beta with my littlebrother! Great game!!!!!

jamie_ere2k8 14 September, 2011 @ 12:29 am   19

@11, iam not really bothered that its a day late i can live with that. Its just sony are meant to be competing with microsoft, so surely they should be trying to get it the same day.

Spider-jam 14 September, 2011 @ 1:26 pm   20

Are there really people arguing about a day wait on a FIFA 12 demo in a post about Ratchet and Clank. That is amazing.

Guys. this is about Ratchet and Clank.

Argue about FIFA 12 demo somewhere else! :(

Oh for goodness sake I’v been posting the same darn questions on all the r and c news someone please just answer my QUESTIONS!!!

1)how is neiferioys still alive
2)whos the main villain
3)what’s the story

I seriously don’t care if u spoil it for me I’ll still buy it also @9&7 or who ever typed it does it really matter a days difference does it really

@22

1) Was it ever explained why all enemies keep returning? (Mega Man X, Donkey Kong, Mario, etc.).

2) No info yet. :)

3) First tailers say that they are lost on a planet and have to work together to escape, this one says they’re helping the inhabitants of the planet. So yeah…

Hope I helped! :)

yeah thanks @23 it did help

stumpweasel 16 September, 2011 @ 3:02 pm   25

Downloaded the Beta and played it a couple of times. Looking forward to some longer sessions over the weekend when me and my boys can get together.

It’s certainly different to the R&C games that have gone before and I’m enjoying it. Personally I’m more of a solo gamer so it’s interesting to read that the developers have kept the solo player in mind – in one player mode the game provides an AI bot in the form of Clank. And, if you play as Clank, you get a surprise alternative companion…

@everyone that’s complaining, you people are never satisfied! When the co-op was shown it was “I don’t like co-op, I won’t be buying this” and “It doesn’t look like the other Ratchet games”. Now single player’s been shown, it’s “Single player’s just the normal game”.

Stonesthrow 19 September, 2011 @ 3:52 pm   27

More games need co op nowadays.. Co op should become a default mode that you can expect to see in most games, like multiplayer..

This is a day one purchase..

@27

I agree with you

But I wish that they didn’t require you to have a decent iNet connection and find other players to enjoy it…

the AI should be on our for us for once. :(