LittleBigPlanet 2 Move Pack: Rise of the Cakeling FAQ
Since the launch of the LBP2 Move Pack, our community has gone crazy playing, creating and sharing with a whole new Move perspective. And with all the new LBP2 activity, we’ve been getting a lot of questions, so we figure we’d put together a quick FAQ to answer all your LBP2/Move questions:
Q: Is there a list of what exactly I get in the LBP2 Move pack?
A: Yup, head on over to LittleBigPlanet.com to learn more or just click here. Also, here’s a preview of all the different costumes:
Q: Are there any reviews that I can read before I buy the pack?
A: Here’s our favourite: “It might just be the killer app the (Move) hardware requires“ – Joystiq
Q: Can I play all the new user-generated “Move” levels, even though I didn’t buy the LBP2 Move Pack?
A: Yup. Update 1.06 lets anyone who has LBP2 to play all the ‘move capable’ user-generated content online, as well as everything else (original LBP2 story mode, regular user-generated content, etc). But we have to say you’ll be missing out on all the great new story levels and extra goodies.
Q: Can me and my 3 friends (4 total) still play LBP2 together with the all new Move controls?
A: Yes, but only 3 players can use the all new Move controls. The 4th player will need a standard DualShock3 controller.
Q: I got more questions…
A: Most likely, these guys got more answers…
Also, our community has been busy posting the variety of in-game tutorials to share. Thanks to our friends iWaggle3D and LadyNinjaKagero for uploading these. So if you’re in the ‘youtubing mood’, feel free to watch these:
- In-depth Move Analysis – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hIgPZxzsV4
- Controls Tutorial – http://www.youtube.com/user/LadyNinjaKagero#p/u/64/LY1v1nbNIsE
- Movinator Tutorial – http://www.youtube.com/user/LadyNinjaKagero#p/u/61/_0gnyUzFOfY
- Movinator Cursor Tutorial – http://www.youtube.com/user/LadyNinjaKagero#p/u/60/1w1vvQi2nFc
- Move Paint Tutorial – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSGB4Z4SdUM
- Sticker Panel Tutorial – http://www.youtube.com/user/LadyNinjaKagero#p/u/57/IgisM-jh1Hg
- Motion Recorder Tutorial – http://www.youtube.com/user/LadyNinjaKagero#p/u/59/IDT_1OtyWPE
- Vote and help us win a Golden Joystick Award
- Seasonal Sackboy
- LBP Vita Sound Design gig
- Community Curator’s Challenge – “Move Madness”
The Weekend Debate Shameless Self Promotion
We’ve all been there. When you publish a masterpiece of sponge and cloth and you wait for the hearts to start rolling in, and yet a week later your plays count looks sorrier than these kittens. Fear not, our Blog Manager is here to help! On Friday, in place of the regular Weekend Debate, James will run a Shameless Self Promotion post (pretty much like this) where you can all post lbp.me links to your proudest PlayStation Move LittleBigPlanet 2 creations. He will play them all on Saturday morning and tweet his favourites via @PlayStationEU and @Jallagher. It’s like having the SCEE marketing department promoting your level to the masses!
Activity of the week
Draw Sackboy (using “Move Paint”) and tweet it to us or post it on our Facebook page.