Posted 4:00pm

GT5 Functionality Update 2.0

GT5_2.0_OpeningMovie

Hello Gran Turismo fans,

When Gran Turismo 5 launched almost a year ago now, Kazunori Yamauchi, the game’s creator, promised fans clutching their copies of the Real Driving Simulator, that the launch of the eagerly awaited title was not the end of the journey for the game but the start.

True to that statement, since GT5 launched Yamauchi-san and the Polyphony team have been closely monitoring the feedback of the dedicated and discerning GT5 community.  As a result of this, we have seen significant support for GT5 in the form of regular functionality updates.

Today, I am very pleased to announce details of Functionality Update 2.0 which is the most sizable since the game launched. The update will be available for download on the 11th October. Of course the real bonus of all of this new content is the fact that it’s all absolutely free!

Here’s the rundown on what you can expect to see in the update.

Firstly all ‘standard’ cars will now feature an interior view, the level of detail will vary from car to car, but now for the first time you will be able to literally get behind the wheel of all the cars in the game.

GT5_2.0_InteriorView1

GT5_2.0_InteriorView3GT5_2.0_InteriorView2

For fans of the stateside motoring championship NASCAR, there is a package of 11 NASCAR 2011 cars.  There has also been improvement to the weather settings in the game and now players can incrementally adjust weather settings for race start and race end.

GT5_2.0_WeatherChange

Additional features of this update are:

• Photo Travel Mode updates
  • Shortening of load times and improved menu response
  • Improved car physics simulation, further evolved A.I.
  • Improved and enhanced user interface
  • Support for the Logitech G25/G27 steering wheels
  • New features in the Online Lounge

This is what series creator Kazunori Yamauchi had to say about the new content.

GT5_2.0_PhotoTravel_Avator

The coming Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2 update is an update that contains the feedback from the users playing GT5 online every day. We have added cars such as the newest NASCAR race cars, but many of the updates are those that improve usability and expand the field of game play. I believed from the initial release of Gran Turismo 5 that it would be the users that would make the game grow thereafter, and we added things like interior views for the standard models because there was a lot of request for it from our users. You could say that this update is the shape and form of GT5 that was created through the opinions of our fans.

GT5_2.0_NASCAR

As if this massive update was not enough, I can also advise you of more great news – very shortly we will be sharing with you details of a forthcoming package of exciting DLC for GT5 that will include new vehicles and tracks plus a host of other additional new content.   The news will be incoming to PlayStation Blog and gran-turismo.com very soon so keep your ear to the ground.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

114 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first

sephiroth180 5 October, 2011 @ 4:03 pm   1

Sweet! Will be hoping for some additional courses and such as well :)

dimososir 5 October, 2011 @ 4:04 pm   2

Sweet

AaronSOLDIER 5 October, 2011 @ 4:04 pm   3

Any chance some standards will be updated to premiums over time? Or more premiums added

this is very sweet thanks for making all the cars have the behind wheel view i love gt5 and is a game i play all the time you guys have my support keep up the good work =]

Awesome.

“Next is the great news that players can now save their progress during endurance races and return to the fray at a time of their own choosing.”

Dunno who decided this should have been in the game 12 months ago, seeing as every piece of paper sold ith a systme or game says take a break for 15 minutes for every hour of play, and you put 24 hour races in the game.

How is that healthy for people or PS3 systems?

RemyX-1988 5 October, 2011 @ 4:06 pm   7

All Standard Cars have now a cockpit view as well? Awesome! I’d love to play this game again! But sadly, I have to wait for my PS3 to get back from repairs… :(

Dunno who decided this shouldn’t have been in the game 12 months ago, seeing as every piece of paper sold ith a systme or game says take a break for 15 minutes for every hour of play, and you put 24 hour races in the game.

How is that healthy for people or PS3 systems?

Kaz is the twitter GOD of the day! Excellent stuff, now i’ll do the 24h races and get the plat. :D Also nice to see G25/27 support and FFD/REW on replays…

Wonder how much better the AI will be!

RIONMAIDEN666 5 October, 2011 @ 4:07 pm   10

this sounds amazing

RIONMAIDEN666 5 October, 2011 @ 4:08 pm   11

wow this looks like a really great update. I’m a big fan of this game.

Ah, great stuff. GT5 is back!

Marrsterhausen 5 October, 2011 @ 4:09 pm   13

Sounds good & long overdue. Any news if the blocky/pixelated shadows have been fixed too?

OMG OMG can’t wait to get back to GT5 :D

When you say “most sizeable”, how big in GB will this be?

niall077 5 October, 2011 @ 4:12 pm   16

great update but will you be fixing the follow camera / chase camera?

its so stiff in GT5 that its practically unusable. I would love to see a option to switch between the default stiff GT5 camera and a more loose camera like every other racing game on the market.

An update is always nice, but can a casual mode be added in the future?

The game is too difficult for me :(

Catkiller1 5 October, 2011 @ 4:15 pm   18

Fantastic!

Time to purchase GT5 again ;)

Penrose Tackie 5 October, 2011 @ 4:18 pm

Catkiller if you don’t have a copy it’s now gone to Platinum so even more reason to get yourself one!

RemyX-1988 5 October, 2011 @ 4:17 pm   19

@Yeroon,
Keep playing. You’ll get the hang of it! Trust me.

EXCELLENT! ! ! :P
Only 1 thing is a shame is that all cars in GT5 are not premium cars :-(

antikewl 5 October, 2011 @ 4:17 pm   21

@Yeroon Try going for the licenses. Practice makes perfect! :)

Bjarno86 5 October, 2011 @ 4:18 pm   22

Any chance of a load of new events among the DLC?

Penrose Tackie 5 October, 2011 @ 4:24 pm

Bjarno86 there will be some new in-game events during October so keep an eye out for news!

The Polyphony team deserve alot of praise, still showing their passion for this game by supporting and evolving GT5 with updates.

Catkiller1 5 October, 2011 @ 4:20 pm   24

@ Penrose Tackle

Yes i’m aware, as I traded it before the price dropped on the Platinum version, so I could make a little bit more back on my in store credit. I received £22 credit at the time & can now purchase it for £12 ;)

niall077 5 October, 2011 @ 4:22 pm   25

oh and Will the new DLC tracks also include new A spec races on those tracks?

Why cant developers when they release the platinum editions include all the patches on disc? it would save me allot on my download limit. and put less pressure on the devs servers.

but otherwise great update ;)

SleazyC69 5 October, 2011 @ 4:24 pm   27

amazing about in car view. some people with platinum trophy may be a bit annoyed by the in race save though. nevermind. can’t wait to be able to use my lotus carlton properly! bet ariel atom V8 is on dlc. and maybe spa. should have bathurst IMO or cadwell lol

First thing I’m gonna do is to drive the Indy 500 with the Mazda Furai with indoor view. Love that car. Lots of great updates in this Spec 2 update. Looking forward to hear what the DLC will include.

Super_Snake87 5 October, 2011 @ 4:26 pm   29

amazing bit of news..like Kaz said, “This is only the beginning for GT5′”. Well not the exact same words, but you get the idea. Keep up the good work PD

Penrose Tackie 5 October, 2011 @ 4:38 pm

Thanks Super_Snaker87, I know that the team will be very encouraged by the response to the news of the update!

skells22 5 October, 2011 @ 4:29 pm   30

thankyou for the update on this, back i go to GT5 now knowing i can now save the long races.

Fyshokid 5 October, 2011 @ 4:31 pm   31

Awesome update! It’s nice that the G27 is now officially supported, and I’m also a sucker for opening movies, so I’ll be looking forward to that.

Also, are those new RM cars I spot in the first screenshot? The RX7 looks hot.

Opt1mus76 5 October, 2011 @ 4:31 pm   32

How big is update? I lost loads of data (I’d reached lvl 36 A-spec and lvl 40 B-spec) when PS3 packed up during PSN outage and cloud save was back down 5-10 levels and not sure I can be bothered to go through it again.
Who’s incredibly stupid idea was 24hr real-time events with no save system? I hold GT5 responsible for my PS3 dying because it gave up during night when I couldn’t monitor its temperature and it cost me £130 for a refurb through Sony. Why doesn’t it have time lapse so we could do 24 hour races in maybe 8hrs or split the A-spec events with B-spec drivers so we only do 8hrs of the 24 like real le mans racers
Rant over :)

Calcifer 5 October, 2011 @ 4:37 pm   33

@Penrose: Are proper online time trials (like GT5P) are part of the new online lounge features?

Kenshin71 5 October, 2011 @ 4:37 pm   34

Why doesn’t PD still have a community manager? Does anyone bother to ask Kaz this question? The update is nice but most of the stuff should have been in the game on release. Had they been interacting with fans from the beginning the game wouldn’t have turned out such a disappointment, with its ugly standard cars missing interior view, mind numbingly stupid UI navigation, embarrassing reused PS2 assets, poorly implemented crash damage, the list goes on. Can someone with a Twitter account ask Kaz or Shuhei Yoshida why PD does not have a community manager and tell him to hire one pronto?

CoolRichy007UK 5 October, 2011 @ 4:39 pm   35

will u add dlc so we can buy all the cars or a unlok mode

Late but great it seems. Sadly the major reason why I didn’t buy this game yet, still exists: The lack of western cars, especially germans.

I don’t know how a game can claim to represent the pinnacle of simulations and then only offer tons of japanese cars. And we all know how boring the majority of japanese cars are.

RedBullRacer 5 October, 2011 @ 4:42 pm   37

Fantastic!!! All we need now is GT5 added to the PSN store, played the game pretty much every day since day one so would be nice to have it playable off the HDD to stop disk swapping!

biggo0224 5 October, 2011 @ 4:42 pm   38

wait for a looooooooong time~~~

THIS EPIC , cant Wait !!!

MUSTANG750R 5 October, 2011 @ 4:47 pm   40

@Kenshin71 Dude/Dudette, most of these new features are based on what fans have ask of PD. They only have a staff of about 150 (Last time I heard) so it takes time to get things right.

As for me, I could care less how many times they update the game. As long as its still fun I’ll continue to play GT5 and support PD & SONY.

hi i would like to know if this game supports visual customisation like body kits or spoilers etc. the graphics look awesome tho :)

JonnyPauz 5 October, 2011 @ 4:50 pm   42

looks like its time to dust of GT5 and the driving force GT wheel, very good work, way to spark my interest again :)

Opt1mus76 5 October, 2011 @ 4:51 pm   43

On a slightly more constructive note, will there be an increase in the number of cars that can have Race Modification. Less than 2% have the option which is ridiculous compared to GT1 where every car could be Race Modified. Forza has so much more depth (custom paints/graphics and huge scope for modification) but lacks the gameplay of GT5. Even simplest things like being able to pick a paint colour freely from a colour wheel instead of earning the colour through car purchase. Go into a paint shop and you can make any colour, go on GT5 and you can only pick a colour if you own it

polynski 5 October, 2011 @ 5:02 pm   44

boom boom boom now let me hear you say wayo

Thunderlizzard 5 October, 2011 @ 5:03 pm   45

This started off sounding quite good, ooh interiors, but then…still on the old hugely (sub)standard car models (like they were ever going to upgrade those) and then it just got more “meh” from there.

As a massive fan of the series up to (and including) GT4, 5 was just as massive a disappointment. Some of it is undeniably awesome but far too much of it is just poorly implemented or just a blatant port from the PS2. Such a shame.

And releasing this patch on the day Forza 4 ships (in the US at least)…shame on you Polyphony!

xx_Tooms109_xx 5 October, 2011 @ 5:06 pm   46

Bought this a couple of weeks ago (platinum).

Was all ready for weeks of time attack pleasure – But to my amazement,there is no online leaderboards at all.For such a game not to have this basic requirement in 2011 is laughable.

This is one of the main reasons ive hardly touched it – is there any chance of GT5 getting leaderboards any time soon?.

A quick search of google,shows many people have complained about this.

GTP_j8mie 5 October, 2011 @ 5:09 pm   47

I still think GT5 falls short of my expectations, even with this update. however it is nice that PD are looking to improve the game, over a year after it’s release, and free of charge.

Please keep these coming.

I’ll be interested to see what the DLC is, especially the “track pack”.

SpeedyOLLY 5 October, 2011 @ 5:13 pm   48

AWESOMES! omg omg omg I love you lol thanks :D

FerrariThugs 5 October, 2011 @ 5:20 pm   49

WOW. WOW. WOW!

PLAYSTATION! IT’S THINGS LIKE THIS THAT CAUSE ME TO LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Please announce the DLC’s soon. I’m getting a bit impatient.

Penrose Tackie 5 October, 2011 @ 5:38 pm

Hey FerrariThugs love the positive feedback, news on DLC is coming very soon!

tomren30 5 October, 2011 @ 5:23 pm   50

This is really awesome!!! Thanks to Kazu San and his team. It is like “new” game coming! THANK YOU

All this updates is good and make game better Thx to Polyphony team
But the only problem for me is the standard cars and with this big update is still there and not only that but now has different with interior camera!
The level of detail will vary from car to car:
This mean some cars we look like psp with interior camera and some others has more 2D details like pictures!

I hope the dlc has only a big number with premium and new cars to forget about this Fail!

AlexW-29 5 October, 2011 @ 5:54 pm   52

So what is ‘improved’ in car physics?

SpeedyOLLY 5 October, 2011 @ 5:54 pm   53

I can’t wait to see the new dlc
D: I actually can’t lol

Infiltratr 5 October, 2011 @ 6:14 pm   54

As someone who pre ordered Gran Turismo and has played it every day since, what does any of this content to give us more spec b compatibility?

Spec B is still not complete – you can’t practice in it, you can’t do seasonal events in it (except for one seasonal event that is now long past)

Is there any good news here for us Spec Bers that find spec A a massive chore?

Or is spec B still going to be ignored?

I mean seriously, 1 seasonal event in all this time and STILL no ability for SPEC B on practice tracks? I still have not taken any of my cars off road or onto snow or onto my own tracks because I can’t. Over ½ the game isn’t there yet for us spec Bers!!!! I think we’ve been pretty patient…

Infiltratr 5 October, 2011 @ 6:17 pm   55

I see a lot of “fans have asked PD for” – how? I have tried to ask Polyphony what they are doing with Spec B and havn’t found out how to get in touch with them? How are they getting this info if we cant communicate with them?

Stevo2981 5 October, 2011 @ 6:19 pm   56

Ooohhhh happy days……:-)

I’m normally very relaxed about game updates etc after release but this one has come way too late for me, my copy of GT5 is being part-exchanged for RAGE on Friday. All of the updates listed here should have been part of the original game, and I hope PD and Sony have learnt a lesson because something obviously went very wrong with the GT5 development process.

Roivas2K7 5 October, 2011 @ 7:06 pm   58

Great update. Thanks for staying committed to your product. We really appreciate it!!!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES… G25 support!

No, fast forward or backwards in replay mode?

AnthonyDwyer 5 October, 2011 @ 7:32 pm   60

Nice work, plus its better news than the 5th October ‘surprise’ :P

Brilliant!

I read the following features are also being added:

- replay controls (rewind / fast-forward)
- new spec 2.0 opening movie
- settings sheet for multiple car setups
- expanded online lounge features (narrowing down car types, shuffle races…)
- expansion of the B-Spec remote race you can play from GT.com (a graph display now shows changes in race rankings.)

This extra info should be added to the post here…?

Sources: http://www.gtplanet.net/gt5-spec-2-0-dlc-details-standard-car-interiors-replay-controls-new-cars-new-tracks-more/ and http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5943482#post5943482

It’s nice to see Kaz is still trying to correct issues with GT5 that should of been sorted before it was released last year.

What I would like is some more (a lot more) race events for offline with Performance Point. How they could only think of 45 events in the first place is very difficult to understand especially with over 1000 cars in the game.

If they can’t think of any more events, how about an event creator.

As I’m currently enjoying the same race over and over just to increase the B-spec level to 24, so I can enjoy one new event, wow!

A very good update. PD and Kaz have certainly made me a damn site happier.
Love GT5 now if only we could vcapture the replays for upload it would be complete.
But wait we have 3 lots of DLC as well.
This is my list for the Racing cars pack:-
DLC race cars. well i’ll get the ball rolling shall I?

Honda HSV

Toyota FT86 II Concept

Ferrari 458 Itialia Spyder

Ferrari F1 2011

Mercedes SLS Roadster.

well see how wrong I am :p

Davide28 5 October, 2011 @ 8:51 pm   64

YES! I hope tracks are from GT4 (especially apricott hill, citta di aria, amalfi, seattle and midfield) and cars are very new like:
Lambo Aventador, Ferrari 599 GTO and Koenigsegg (ccx and agera r) :)

And another suggestion.

Rather than release GT5 on platinum why didn’t sony wait and issue GT5 V2.0 with all the new DLC – Game of the Year Edition.

Probably too logic for Kaz or Sony

shedboy90 5 October, 2011 @ 9:36 pm   66

@coolrichy007uk
idk y a human (i use that term loosely) like u plays a game like gt5
u realise ur on a JAPANESE console right?

Dear God: if you do exist, I only want three little things for DLC.
1. Costa di amalfi.
2. Citta di aria.
3. George V Paris.

Thank you!!!

Vandaliser 5 October, 2011 @ 10:07 pm   68

Only game this generation that is worth every single penny.

If there were a few more polyphony digital type devs around we would have had an awesome truckload of games.

If you want to know what Gran Turismo 5 is all about, take a car and race it on the nurbugring. Try it whether it’s day or night. Wet or dry. after a year it never gets old.

Now kaz please give us Spa with weather. Only thing that is missing in the game for me

Sp4rkyM4rk1337 5 October, 2011 @ 10:53 pm   69

Interior views on all standard cars was the last thing I expected. Saving endurance races sounds promising and the game needed an enhanced weather system.

Not really fussed about NASCAR racing but I’m looking forward to any future downloadable content. Polyphony Digital has really outdone themselves with this one.

Coleguilla 5 October, 2011 @ 11:32 pm   70

yuhhhhuuuuu now we can save in endurance racers, I’m back on business; this is what I’ve been waiting for soooo long. Thanks

:) great.

Have to say one thing about the entire process, though. How PD have implemented new features, tweaks and functions in patches since the release – this is how “community driven” updating should be done. Always looking for good ideas, and using the feedback from the different point of view that players have compared to testers and developers. But never changing the game’s direction towards something the game never was to begin with.

For example the sensitivity settings, and the ability to turn them down to -2 :D under the scale. This is something that was very useful for driving with the thumbsticks on simulation mode. So it made it easier to play the game well in the way it was meant to be played.

Other things like the store functions, so you could use the new “dashboard” that followed you through online and the racing menus – brilliant stuff. But again seeking into making the game as it was better, rather than changing the game’s design.

Some Sony developers could learn a lot from PD here..

I can’t wait “drift boyz”

triniboiy 6 October, 2011 @ 12:34 am   73

AWESOME!! but this update will take 4 EVER to download :(

Ben-GT-1985 6 October, 2011 @ 12:45 am   74

Great news. Big thanks and congrats to PD. I hope also that the onboard view while playing vibrates a bit less…really sore on the peepers!

@ 64
I assume the Race Cars DLC will only feature racing cars which will will rule out some of your list. Also, Codemasters’ F1 licence will likely veto any chance of having the Ferrari F150 F1 car.

Upon GT5s release it was said that PD were working on DTM cars and the Honda HSV-010 so I imagine we will get these in additionto some others – Hopefully the Audi R18 TDI, Maserati MC12 GT1 and Aston Martin DBR9.

Oh and I really want Spa Francorchamps as a new circuit…

Living for this update and DLC!

chrissyKO 6 October, 2011 @ 1:35 am   76

my copy of gt5 I bought around launch hasn’t been touched more than 5 times took ages to load I was gutted because I loved gt3 was my fave game but maybe il get it out try and complete the liscences

VIPERGTS01 6 October, 2011 @ 7:15 am   77

Fantastic news, look forward to it.

I hope the course pack includes a test track for the old school 400m,1000m and top speed tests *crosses fingers*

La_Mangouste 6 October, 2011 @ 8:22 am   78

Very nice update.

Can’t wait to know more about the DLC (the first of many, I hope), but I’m already 99% sure to get it.

Thanks !

nikkiharris66 6 October, 2011 @ 8:23 am   79

nice work guys keep up the good work. top game that just keeps gettin better n better cheerzzzzzz

PSN-OmniusALX 6 October, 2011 @ 10:57 am   80

I’ve been into GT since it launched on the PS1 (I actually bought my PS1 because of this game) loved each version since, 2 and 4 mostly due to more content. Anyway there isn’t a day goes by when I’m not on GT5, I even run my own weeky online championship, so for me this update and DLC will be just what we need to add a new freshness to an already awesome game!!! I’d like to see a pitstop option for online games and hopefully all the tracks from previous GT games, new real world tracks would be nice as would being able to change wheels on all cars

ASTRA_GSI_MKIII 6 October, 2011 @ 12:57 pm   81

brilliant news hope there is a astra gsi mk3 to purchase from ps store

wakka2007 6 October, 2011 @ 1:11 pm   82

saving progress during endurance races, awesome… also great timing i’m off work for a week from the 10 Oct.

nice update! will finally be able to finish the a-spec enduro races now, good job pd :)

whats the chances of getting a mk3 ford capri & mk 2 escort for dlc?!

whoismilan 6 October, 2011 @ 5:26 pm   84

Best news PS blog since you announced the GT5 release date. :)

I hope the DLC will include some of the older original GT maps, like Costa di Amalfi, Seattle, Citta di Aria, Apricot Hill, …

tornadoscrew 6 October, 2011 @ 7:46 pm   85

finally, considering that i bought a wheelstand pro and a g27 for over €400,- im really wondering how it’ll drive now almost 11 months ago.
i’ve been playing with standard controller because the g27 had a deadzone/wobble issue that needed to be sorted,especially on straight roads.
i’m going to update as well and see how it drives with proper support for the g27!

How is that healthy for people or PS3 systems?

NICE !!!!!

jfontyman 7 October, 2011 @ 12:23 am   87

Fantastic stuff, been waiting for a save feature for the endurance races, interior views for all standard cars? PD have been busy because I know this wasn’t made in a month.

Global leader board for time trials?

@88 Fila53

You press the pause button to take a break for 15 minutes for every hour of play.

reaper0210 7 October, 2011 @ 1:13 am   88

i bought gt5 after waiting the same as everyone else, expecting it to be the best driving sim on the Market but I’m left feeling slightly disappointed that with all the engine mods and aero parts that we still can’t upgrade the brakes, only change the bias. Graphics and game play are still pretty awesome but to be honest forza 4 us tempting me to xbox

Awesome! can’t wait!!

It would be very cool if we can control music while racing. Ability to skip songs or change radio channels would be very cool. Endurance Races would become way more fun to drive.

SDK-HippySlayer 7 October, 2011 @ 8:47 am   90

This is great news, I have been patiently waiting for GT5 DLC.

Comrade_CZe 7 October, 2011 @ 9:00 am   91

Nice job! One improvement still remain and it is better damage for cars!

GTP_MrDinosaw94 7 October, 2011 @ 2:51 pm   92

“The news will be incoming to PlayStation Blog and gran-turismo.com very soon so keep your ear to the ground.”

After holding my ear to the ground the last two days, my neck has become quite sore. Please compensate me by releasing more info on the cars and tracks.

mh637099 7 October, 2011 @ 6:21 pm   93

Just 1 question, WHATS THE UPDATE SIZE????

My internets been acting weird please tell me

I have to ask and hopefully SOMEONE will give me feedback..

Is there any update/improvement when it comes to the ENGINE sounds?

love and peace

- ninloe

Happy_Santa1 8 October, 2011 @ 12:19 am   95

Any chance of an online auction house? Got loads of cars that I never used, but cannot sell. Also, how about a race suit/helmet editor. Last request, more realistic damage. Cosmetic and mechanical. There’s no challenge when you can just use other cars as a rail to guide you around a difficult corner. Anyway, great news about the updates. Many thanks for the hard work.

that is a brilliant update to come. and the dlc’s sounds great. hope there is a mclaren mp4-25 in there. also will the ai stop doing dummy laps in changeable weather on arcade (gets annoying when i’m racing myself). what about the music player? that is very annoying when i want to listen to my own music before or between races and tuning my cars. but the game forces me to listen to its menu music instead even though i’ve swiched them all off.

AMAZING!

I can’t wait to download and try the new features.. I’m a huge fan of the Gran Turismo series and everytime I read about updates I get excited like i’ve just bought the game.

Thanks :D

GTIC_DanyRSF 8 October, 2011 @ 7:09 pm   98

I hope STANDARD car can Change The Wheels..
and add more Brand New Cars like bmw 1 series M , HOnda HSV , Toyota Supra MK V

jacosack 8 October, 2011 @ 9:20 pm   99

Very Great Update!
But can but we can not also get some regular cars in gran turismo 5?
It’s still only:
Pagani Zonda R
Bugatti Veyron
Red Bull XC2010…
Why not:
BMW 118
Audi A6
Mercedes B-Class and C-Class (Not AMG!)

GALACTIK_SKULL2 9 October, 2011 @ 12:11 pm   100

I want stealth cars as a DLC i really want to get them….

filiperodrigues9 9 October, 2011 @ 5:06 pm   101

I think that the interior view is going to be like in the gran turismo for the psp, but lets wait and see it day 11

Its awesm that gt5 is constently updated coz to me it was an incomplete game when it was released but even then it was amazing

The guys did a great job in the wide car selection but i was looking forward in seeing the likes of the new BMW M5, S3, S4, Golf6 GTI and maybe a Koenigsegg. I was really expecting a continuation of more cars prevoiously put in GT4.

And whats with the big obsession in NASCARS, I think theres moe then enough already.

I also think that the average guy who doesnt have wifi for his/her PS3 should at least be given an alternative way to access the update

shedboy90 9 October, 2011 @ 10:07 pm   103

@nxaks
the nascars being added r the 2011 1s bcuz some ppl that play gt5 (me included) like nascar

filiperodrigues9 10 October, 2011 @ 8:08 pm   104

Take a look at the 3 image, the interior is like the gran turismo for the psp :S

Timdeering_561 10 October, 2011 @ 10:46 pm   105

Ts when I get given news like this that my faith in the industry is rekindled.

In the early days of gaming, no one expected them to make much money, but now that they do, a little of the passion has left. Not here though. Gt5, simply put, is a labor of love and to see such improvements go in clearly shows the continued dedication to the project, as well as all the free content, like the red bull x2010 given away thanks to Mr Vettel.

Keep at it polyphony.

nextbigthing91 11 October, 2011 @ 6:46 am   106

How do you save the game in an endurance race?! I see no option for it…

nextbigthing91 11 October, 2011 @ 7:14 am   107

Hey never mind, figured it out.
And if anyone else was wandering, you have to pit in to use it and then select suspend when the options appear… Which is reasonable.

Great update guys! Thank you very much!

GTP_Denur 11 October, 2011 @ 7:55 am   108

Gave the update a quick try this morning and love it. :up:

One little note though on the endurance suspend option: I pressed suspend immediately as I entered the pit lane on Tsukuba 4h endurance (after just a few laps). After quiting and restarting the game, the car did not enter the pit, but continued on the track and tried to enter the pit through the pit wall! After a few minutes the car (AI) passed the entire pit lane (still on the track) and continued with the lap, but did not try to enter the pit the next opportunity. The only option was to quit and restart the race entirely.

rebgedshaq06 11 October, 2011 @ 1:33 pm   109

Heb inmiddels de update geïnstalleerd, maar weet niet hoe je tijdens een race moet saven,… Wie weet dit?

GTP_Denur 11 October, 2011 @ 2:53 pm   110

@rebgedshaq06: In an endurance race enter the pit. There a window pops up with options like fuel and tires changing. Here you now also have an option to Suspend the race. Just press it.

rebgedshaq06 11 October, 2011 @ 3:57 pm   111

Zojuist tegen een major glitch aangelopen, nadat ik een pitstop had gemaakt en gekozen had voor onderbreken, heb ik het spel beëindigd om te kijken of het echt werkt om een endurance te pauzeren. Nadat ik de game weer had opgestart en hervat begon de de wagen uit zich zelf te rijden( net als in b-spec) en dat doet hij nu dus nog steeds, ik begrijp er echt niks van, maar ik hoef nu dus niets te doen!! Iemand dit ook meegemaakt?

GTP_Denur 11 October, 2011 @ 7:42 pm   112

Again@reb,

That is what I reported in my first post in this thread (in Dutch: dit schreef ik dus in mijn eerste post in deze thread). Reb, dit is een engelstalige site, graag dus in engels antwoorden, of niet antwoorden en naar een nederlandstalige site gaan (zoals gthq.nl)

Reb, this is an english site, for dutch please go to gthq.nl

Hammid_86 11 October, 2011 @ 11:48 pm   113

NICE <3
I don't have the game… But yeah! I'll buy it ASAP <3

trevorfi 12 October, 2011 @ 1:29 pm   114

Theres a reason i got a ps3 instead of a gaybox because ps3 is AMAZING
you definitly know what you are doing i love GT5 and now i just love it
more they should make a game award for it and call it the most addicting game in the world award