Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 3:00pm

‘Heads-Up’ PlayStation Plus Update – 5th October 2011

'Heads-Up' PlayStation Plus Update - 5th October 2011 - costume quest

Hi everybody, I hope October finds you all well and full of autumnal wonderment. Or something like that, anyway.

It’s a new month, and a new batch of PlayStation Plus content is available today, with the suitably Halloween-inspired Costume Quest available at no cost to subscribers for the next two weeks.

Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception multiplayer returns to Plus this week as well – an exclusive chance to play through more multiplayer action ahead of Uncharted 3′s release.

To celebrate the launch of PSone Imported titles we’ve commissioned Arc the Lad for you guys to enjoy, and for your minis this month we have another classic SNK title in the form of Street Smart, the brand new 1000 Tiny Claws from the mighty Mediatonic and also one of my all-time favourite games ever, Speedball 2 comes to minis as well.

We have a few choice discounts to start us off in October and of course more to come throughout the month. Your themes this month include a Halloween Witch and her cat (naturally) and the hypnotic Stripes theme, and we’ve got a few exclusive Ico and Shadow of the Colossus avatars for you too!

Remember to watch out for Store updates throughout the month with additional Plus content information.

PlayStation Plus Content

Costume Quest – PSN Game – 100% discount until 19th October

Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Experience – Exclusive until 19th October

1000 Tiny Claws (mini) – 100% discount and exclusive until 19th October
Speedball 2: Evolution (mini) – 100% discount and exclusive until 19th October
Street Smart (SNK mini) – 100% discount until 2nd November

Arc the Lad – PSOne (Import) – 100% discount until 2nd November

Armageddon Riders – 40% discount until 2nd November
Topatoi: Episode One – 70% discount until 2nd November
The Marbians – mini – 25% discount until 19th October

Stripes: Part One (Dynamic Theme) – Exclusive and 100% discount until 2nd November
Halloween (Dynamic Theme) – Exclusive and 100% discount until 2nd November

Ico Avatar 1 – Exclusive and 100% discount until 2nd November
Ico Avatar 2 – Exclusive and 100% discount until 2nd November
Shadow of the Colossus Avatar 1 – Exclusive and 100% discount until 2nd November

Still available:

Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil: Code Veronica
- 50% off until 12th October

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

335 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
susek6100 5 October, 2011 @ 3:00 pm   1

Hi Ross.
I have a problem.
I didn’t get my free Section 8 voucher for buying Section 8 Prejudice.
I bought Section 8 Prejudice several hours after the release on PSN, so I’m pretty sure I was in the first 1000 Plus Members who bought it.
What should I do to get my voucher?

ColinMurphy09 5 October, 2011 @ 3:01 pm   2

Hello Ross/Andy

My question is..Is there any chance we can get the SSX PS2 games on the psn store for download before the new game comes out?

Thank you for any answers.

If anyone knows if this would be possible i would really approach any help Thank you

Andrefpvs 5 October, 2011 @ 3:01 pm   3

Arc the Lad for free? YES!

By the way, are we ever going to get the RE4 avatars for buying the game? thanks.

Hello there,

I have one question:
Is there someone of the community managers that knows when the 1.05 patch will come out on PSN? This because it has been out in North-America/XBL for the passed two weeks. This can provide some problems for tournament players as they can’t practice for their next tournament, while other (N-A PSN/XBL) players had more practice.

It’s really important for them, there are lot of character specific changes and changes in general gameplay. If people can’t practice, they are in disadvantage (so why would they bother paying entrance for a tournament). It is negative for the game, PSN and especially for tournament organisers and players.

Sorry if I sound rude, any information on this matter would be welcome. Please community managers, help us out. It would already help to give us an ETA…
Thanks.

dimososir 5 October, 2011 @ 3:02 pm   5

supersonic acrobatic rocket-powered battle-cars is still not available for plus members in greece.

Thanks for Costume Quest.
Already downloading!

Hello there,
I have one question:
Thanks.

Thanks, as always good update!
Now do me a favour and go and get Andy Stewart. You know, the guy who actually made an effort by not just replying to the first couple of comments below. He actually made me feel like a valued customer, which is more than can be said about you. Peace.

I think my copy of Arc the Lad is bugged. All the text is all scrambled up. Can’t read any of the letters at all.

BTW…. my comment was about Mortal Kombat, just copied my thread…

Jesse-Blue 5 October, 2011 @ 3:03 pm   11

Ok, I’ m trying this again as I got no comment or reply last time…

I have one question to Sony for a long time:
Why can’t you update the store at an earlier hour, like noon?
Why is there never a specific hour and why is it always late (sometimes very late) afternoon?

Microsoft manages to update their stuff around noon, why does Sony have to give them an “advantage” so to say and always be later then the competition?
Just wondering…

Can’t be that difficult to change that and I am sure it would be greatly appreciated by many many people who can and WANT to buy stuff on the store early in the afternoon.
Not everyone has to work until 5 pm. Go figure. :-)

View it from this business perspective:
Think about people with both consoles and little patience. Sony always looses those customers to Xbox because their update is always online hours earlier.
So people who don’t want to wait playing a multi-platform release will always give MS the money.

This is so easily avoided, yet Sony seems to sleep in this regard, which seems a bit stupid if I may say so.

DylaNolife 5 October, 2011 @ 3:03 pm   12

Jannuary :
-20% on Costume Quest for PSN+
October :
Costume Quest Free…
So, we bought it (-20% !) and…

monoliet 5 October, 2011 @ 3:04 pm   13

hi ross
good update
u can look if belgium has free realms
en if u unlockt frea realms in belgium ????( i tink u team forget to unlock )

i am stil not abel to get !!!
even if i see in chop
mesage =u have no axes on u acount to the content

Great update :)

Oh… and thanks for Uncharted 3!

Nice update to start the month with.

almighty-slayer 5 October, 2011 @ 3:05 pm   16

Soooooo….

PS2 games?

Also, Arc the Lad is in japanese.

Carnivius_Prime 5 October, 2011 @ 3:05 pm   17

Uncharted 3 multiplayer experience will keep me entertained til it expires so thanks muchly for that!

Some of the freebies are nice too. Speedball Evolution plays fine though I wish they’d just get kept the original well-crafted pixelled sprites from the Amiga in there as opposed to these extremely sloppy remake ones.

Jesse-Blue 5 October, 2011 @ 3:05 pm   18

p.s. Also the blog post heads-up store update (it hardly deserves to be called ‘heads-up’ at 4 central european time. :( ) is released later and later recently.
Not a good impression. While this is hardly as important as the store update itself, you should still sort these issues out.

Costume Quest! Good choice!

Oh, and thanks for the Uncharted 2 DLC we eventually got last month!

Can you please put Tomb Raider 2 in All Games then PSone classics then T-V, all the other Tomb Raider’s are there but not the second one.

Martingutten 5 October, 2011 @ 3:07 pm   21

So, at last months updated, we didn’t get RE2&3, as US did. You stated then that you would give us some other plus-treats instead. This was sadly never done, and US got a lot more content than us (a ton of Uncharted avatars). This month US get very much goodies, while we get few. They have a whole range of discounted games this month (as part of their, us only, Only On promotion). So, why do you justife that US get so much more content, AND they pay less for PLUS!

I think we should get some of what we used on plus back, or you could start a policy of matching what the US gets!

chrisredfield_97 5 October, 2011 @ 3:07 pm   22

hey ross as i said in the last two weeks where are the re4 avatars and our ucnharted 2 avatars in ps plus for free? and please give me an honost answer i want them to the next ps store update free for plus which is in 12th october if you can speak to the store and tell them that a guy online want the re4 avatars and uc2 avatars i’m not threaten you i’m just telling you to tell them that i want them so much dude

lol this must be the first time the store updates before the actually store post.

EternalChaos72 5 October, 2011 @ 3:07 pm   24

where the hell is the mvc3 avatars?

any hints on what kind of discounts are planned through the month i have money burning a hole in my virtual wallet.

good shout on costume quest i requested that on here a good few months ago.
any sign of joe danger making the plus list yet?

and i said this in the import thread but ill post it again.

any chance of setting a rule that if a game is offered at a discount on plus you will set a time frame(ie 12 months) before it is offered on the service for free so we user’s can purchace with the confidence this item wont end up free in a few months.

(comes off the back of a conversation with someone who bought costume quest in jan with plus discount)

green_shorts 5 October, 2011 @ 3:08 pm   26

Meh

ChemicalBacon90 5 October, 2011 @ 3:08 pm   27

Nice one on the Borderlands GOTY offer.
The asking price is much more in line with what the retailers are selling it at (£10-15), so I’ll be sure to download that later.

Hopefully we’ll see more reasonable offers like this on the digital versions in the future.

Also, perhaps I’ve missed it, but has any update been posted regarding the PS+ 1st year anniversary competition from back in July? Were the winners announced?

Thanks.

Well Ross, the version of Arc The Lad is the wrong version. The blog post by Monkey Paw said that it was in English. what use is an RPG in Japanese? You’d need a full on translation guide beside you at all times!

Ben :)

Unicronic 5 October, 2011 @ 3:09 pm   29

Still no free RE2 & RE3? Any timeline on those? They are well overdue.

EternalChaos72 5 October, 2011 @ 3:10 pm   30

crap update again what else is new………

Faithless_mr 5 October, 2011 @ 3:10 pm   31

Thanks for the update.

Is the update post complete? You guys have only mentioned the Plus content. Shouldn’t you also tell us about the other updates?

I have but two questions for you guys this week:

- Why isn’t the Prince of Persia Epilogue DLC available for download in the portuguese PSN store? Will we ever see it there in the future?

- Will we be getting ps2 classics on our store soon like the US store did?

Thanks for your time, and have a nice day!

@13 : Same here, bought it with the Plus discount, then it is “offered” to me.

iriihutoR48 5 October, 2011 @ 3:11 pm   33

So Arc the Lad is the Japanese version? You’re giving us an RPG in Japanese for free…? I already imported Arc the Lad Collection long ago so it isn’t for me anyway but it seems strange. Arc the Lad 2 was a fantastic game so let’s hope that gets a release too. In English.

Other than that, I really look forward to the Uncharted 3 multiplayer and Costume Quest seems really cool. Keep up the good work!

Bovrillor 5 October, 2011 @ 3:11 pm   34

Funny that the store update has been ‘up’ for hours with no sign of the update blog.

Thanks for the + Minis – 1000 Tiny Claws is a real gem, will keep me entertained until UC3 has downloaded.

One thing I feel I have to point out: The Xbox Bethesda Sale
Fallout 3 DLC:

Mothership Zeta – 400 points
Point Lookout – 400 points
Broken Steel – 400 points
The Pitt – 400 points
Operation: Anchorage – 400 points

Fallout: New Vegas DLC:

Dead Money – 400 points
Honest Hearts – 400 points

Avatar items:

The Vault Boy Suit – 120 points
Vault 101 suite (male/female) – 120 points
Vault Boy Head – 80 points

Long story short, us PSN users are getting seriously stiffed on Fallout content. Any progress on sorting this out?

Drencrom 5 October, 2011 @ 3:11 pm   35

Where the f**k is God Hand?! The US Store got it yesterday, why can’t we have it? SCEE is such a joke compared to SCEA…

Dvil0020 5 October, 2011 @ 3:11 pm   36

wow that is the worst update i have even seen if u dnt have ps+ theres nothing for u but yet america got loads of content [Deleted] yet again we get screwed over by sony thanks a lot -_-

Suzzopher 5 October, 2011 @ 3:12 pm   37

I don’t like to moan, but the mistakes surely have to stop? Every week you guys mess something up, this week Arc the Lad is the Japanese rom, when Monkey Paw posted that we would get the English version, Vic Ireland posted on Neo Gaf that he had got the English version approved in Europe, yet here we are, another week another mistake. As a consumer I am getting absolutely fed up with this.

monoliet 5 October, 2011 @ 3:12 pm   38

22@ lear to live whithe ith , usa = x360 place
so sony need to be more agresife = more en beter stuf .

i am not hapy about ith ,
same= tirth party games 59 € sony games 69 € why ???

also weak usa- euro calculation same valu no but 60 dolar = no 60 €

Nice idea to give Costume Quest away in October. I like even more that Arc the Lad is also offered this month. That is the kind of PS1 game that I probably won’t mind to play, but wouldn’t have bought it.

Alex-1124 5 October, 2011 @ 3:12 pm   40

Hey Ross, is the any update on the Sly Cooper E3 trailer and possibly even the Sly avatars

ColinMurphy09 5 October, 2011 @ 3:13 pm   41

@whittle1

Hey there’s know need to be rude Ross dose a [Deleted] load of work whilst you sit there playing your ps3 and the reason andy can reply more is because he was asked to take time from his work so he only had to reply to you spoiled little [Deleted].

Chocobo115 5 October, 2011 @ 3:13 pm   42

Pity that I already bought Costume quest last year :/

And where is the Castlevania game?

iJamiee- 5 October, 2011 @ 3:13 pm   43

could we be seeing the rest of the capcom (Megaman avatars this month ! )

Catkiller1 5 October, 2011 @ 3:13 pm   44

Speedball 2…….Fantastic as this is one of my all time greats :)

Might pick up Armageddon Racers this time!

Didn’t like Topatoi so i’ll avoid that even with a 70% discount!

Where is the normal Store content though?

If none of you have experienced Costume Quest yet, then you’re in for a treat & the DLC is great too!

22# They are giving us actually what hey promised us :

1psn game
1ps1 classic
2minis (we even get 3 now)
Beta
Avatars
Themes
And some discounts

And on top of that they will be gving us middle month stuff.

They are actually giving us more than they said from the begining so stop crying.

Bovrillor 5 October, 2011 @ 3:14 pm   46

…also, for those complaining about costume quest – If you bought it with the discount you’ll be able to keep it when your PLUS expires, people that got it free will not.

I feel sad for when I go to India for 6 months and will lose all my freebies… especially since, let’s be honest, they weren’t really ‘free’.

Skookie30 5 October, 2011 @ 3:14 pm   47

God almighty think of a good excuess yet Ross took your time posting this half baked useless plus update with-out the other store content.

SCEE is contradiction middle name what your excues about what ray said & you on august 1st post it this word again “contradiction”

there alot of it copy & paste from SCEA blog to here falls under contradiction too.

Unicronic 5 October, 2011 @ 3:14 pm   48

@ 13 and @ PS+ Team.

I just read that. That really is bad business to offer a discount and then give it away later. It sends mixed messages to customers.

Shou_Kobayashi 5 October, 2011 @ 3:14 pm   49

To those offended about Costume Quest first being introduced with an discount, than getting it now for free

a) while the discount lasted, you haven’t been forced to buy it
b) if you bought it with the discount, you can keep the came without requiring to renew your PS+ sub, in contrary with FREE games.
c) not all of the PS+ members, that have subs currently, might have been around or where interested in Costume Quest, when the discount was in effect. So this is a nice treat for them

so what…?

Worfthedog 5 October, 2011 @ 3:15 pm   50

Hey there,

Just a couple of quick questions if I may.

Why is there a two week limit on the main downloads this month?

Secondly – I bought Section 8 within a few minutes of it going into the store hoping to be one of the first 1000 to get the original free too (along with susek6100 and others). If I wasn’t one if the first then fine, but I’ve not seen any details anywhere confirming that the first 1000 did in fact get their codes. Could you just update us on this.

Thanks.