Posted 19 October

PlayStation Home: Spooky Specials

On Thursday 20th October from 8AM BST PlayStation Home will be briefly offline for scheduled maintenance. Here is what to expect after the update…

Konami_Halloween_1280x720

This week you can find even more Halloween costumes available. Check out the ‘Featured Items’ shop in Home Square or the Navigator to find some old classics and some new treats ranging from Demons, Skeletal Warriors and Orcs through to some grisly animated weapons such as a poison sword or a flaming axe.

SPikedDemonF_470x720SkeletonFire_470x720

Spook your friends with Konami’s newest line of Halloween outfits! Try the new warlock and his elemental magic or the sexy witch who loves to fly on her broom. And by popular demand, Konami is releasing Red Pyramid, Bubble Head Nurse and Robbie the Rabbit from their popular franchise Silent Hill.

Konami_SilentHill_1280x720

You may be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you’ll dance with the reaper! nDreams have had the street sweepers covered ever since they launched the Li’l Reaper Companion many moons ago. Now they are catering for the kings as well, with the release of the Li’l Bling Reaper; this pint-sized auric apparition is ideal for those who feel they deserve to be stalked by a better class of Death and is available this week from the nDreams boutique.

There’s an extra special Lockwood Gift Machine update this week too. Some dark and dangerous Mechjets have made an appearance in the Machine. Epic and Glory have all the same awesome special moves as their store-bought counterparts, but these Mechs can be sent to your friends! Dazzle your friends with a display of generosity and then remind them you’re a smart cookie too by sending a Theodolite – a beautiful antique measuring device. Never heard of one until now? Your friends don’t know that! And finally spoil the special man in your life with a luxurious lounge jacket, or wow the woman of your dreams with some elegant black and white heels.

Granzella have a cute monkey companion that comes with a head-clinging accessory while VEEMEE also have more fabulous new items for you this week. Their new range of 6-piece modular sofas will fit into any personal space. Head over to the Original V-Store and pick from the selection of colours available.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

40 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

so lames G still soon but can‘t tell us when soon ,yip sony explanation what soon means.

*opps james

Looks like a nice little update :)

That fire Skeleton looks cool :P

Do you know when the granzella and the winter vacation villa apartments will be released for europe?

When are we getting the BIG update????? Thought we would get it in Oktober.

anychance of payday home stuff? thatll be awesome

I know what a Theodolite is – all thanks to Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror!

why isnt add to block list not working? some little pest is annoying me

why isnt add to block list working?*

theodolite, antique?
they’re not that old are they? i used one at school.

CoolRichy008UK 19 October, 2011 @ 8:01 pm   12

@ polyski it happens now n then just turn off ur ps3 then on again then it should let u block them that error happens to me now n then dont worry
——————————————————————-

hey hazelAM i got £70 to spend on ps3 home halloween stuff tomorrow and boy am i gonna buy the LOT

and i kno u lot are thinkin how i got that much its simple i traded in games to get the ps cards woohooo

hi James this update looks epic I just want to ask for one or two things
1)see for the old werewolf costume can u make the wolf howl or make it run on the floor as if it wants to catch it’s prey
2)I still want an apology because I bought these Playstation tickets and in very small writing it said “this promotion is for uk residence 18 and over” so I think I deserve an apology and hehe I don’t mind a free game as an apology haha your choice but seriously an apology at least

ps I didn’t know conventions were 18 as I’ve only had a ps3 for 8months and I’m 14 and I was going with 7 friends also 14 just in case anyone tries to make look bad

damn 11 year olds shouldnt be allowed on psn he wont stop pestering n i cant block him even after i reset ps3

shedboy90 19 October, 2011 @ 9:49 pm   16

@polynski
report him (if u haven’t already)

Immortal-Wolf- 19 October, 2011 @ 9:56 pm   17

Ow goodie my 6th halloween anniversary on playstation home as i was on closed beta on playstation home and did my monster mash song on my head set in playstation home park during closed beta nobody was around for 2 years so why not !! it was the monster mash halloween 6 years ago playstation home closed beta he!! he!! but last years playstation home do you remember the pumpkin playstation home lol yeah was lame!! ow dear playstation home better purk up there ideas quick as im full of ideas!!!!!

Catkiller1 19 October, 2011 @ 10:12 pm   18

@ Polynski

It glitches now & again. Try deleting someone from yor blocked list then add the pesky 11 year old & it should hopefully work for you. Also don’t retaliate to their messages as they will grief report too!

Catkiller1 19 October, 2011 @ 10:12 pm   19

*your

Nothing for me this week.

Immortal-Wolf- 19 October, 2011 @ 10:28 pm   21

@Catkiller1
You better read playstation blog recap as iv just answered your question!!

CoolRichy008UK 19 October, 2011 @ 10:35 pm   22

V3igt0 int gona happen

CoolRichy008UK 19 October, 2011 @ 10:36 pm   23

ye polynski report him if not just ignore him ok :)

CoolRichy008UK 19 October, 2011 @ 10:38 pm   24

hjm50 ARE YOU NUTS there is loads this week in home laods of haloween tricks n treats and spooky and spoka’s for ppl and james or whoever i bet has somin planned for next weeks update with more haloween stuff as long as its virtual pet spiders and a huge spiderweb for home apartments then il be happy

v3igt0 sorry man but i think coolrichy is right its not scee’s fault so your very unlikely to get an apology…make sure when buying stuff your not completely sure about

make sure to read everything closely* sorry if anyone gets confused at any of my comments i dont realise ive mistyped until after ive actually posted

if anyones buying saints row 3 feel free to add me

CoolRichy008UK 19 October, 2011 @ 10:53 pm   28

ooh i already did lol i ordered SR3 – prof genki editon before august :D and i added u my new freind

(would james or whoever object if i add my spooky pics i take tomorrow to facebook ?

it seems to off finally added him to my blocklist :)

Catkiller1 20 October, 2011 @ 10:29 am   30

@ Immortal-Wolf-

Thanks for the information & I have replied :)

I didn’t realise that the stats website is free, so I will purchase it now :)

As you know I won’t purchase the map packs anyway & never have done. Also £34.99 would get me another game so I would rather do that!

MW3 & BF3 to keep me busy ;)

OH MY GAWD its another BUNNY COSTUME (conTROLLed breathing procion calm it)hah hah hah BUNNNIES Bunnyunnyunny(btw Skookie don’t you have a bridge or three’s undercarriage to guard)unnyunny. platz

Skookie30 20 October, 2011 @ 11:33 am   32

your post makes no sense before you troll some one do it probably.

why did i upset you by upsetting SCEE another fanboy, you have no idea what a troll is.

look at your other posts i seen you moaning on here.

Weasel-Dave 20 October, 2011 @ 12:19 pm   33

What IS a troll or trolling? apart from being a mythical creature that turns to stone in sunlight!

Who me?Trolling who? Who’s the real troll? lets see ahem troll(1) v. sing in a full, rolling voice 1387 trollen to go about, stroll later (1425)roll about, trundle borrowed from old French troller wander, SEARCH FOR A GAME, from a germanic source. troll(2)n. ugly dwarf or giant 1616 Scottish borrowed from Scandinavian source old Icelandic troll giant(interestingly Tolkien’s Ent is an old english word for giant)fiend, demon perhaps originally a creature that walks clumsily.
There’s your troll for you. Something i would quite happily partake in, esp in its former sense. As for fanboys. Why is this word always thrown up as a defense. I’m a fan of sony’s but i’m quite happy to constructively put them in their place if I think something is found wanting(preferably not in the very first comment post because it can down set the town for the whole comment thread)

Skookie30 20 October, 2011 @ 1:37 pm   35

look up what troll means.

every-one esle use the word.

as for my 1st post it‘s set the tone not town.

look at your post – 31…

“(btw Skookie don’t you have a bridge or three’s undercarriage to guard)unnyunny. platz”

i take that as a attack speaking of trolls.

also a troll did guard a bridge in a fairly tale.

you say your a fan of sony but yet my 1st post upset you makes you fanboy.

like other ppl said don’t like what other ppl opinions criticism etc, just ignore, like i will because i got better things to do.

chrisandsheva 20 October, 2011 @ 2:52 pm   36

@immortal wolf.. i left a question for you over on the blog round up, the one catkiller1 looked at, if you get a chance could you have a quick look, thnx.

anyone wanna do a home party? in my batcave :P add me ill do it this afternoon.

HI JAMES CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME IF HOME SQUARE WILL BE GETTING DONE UP FOR HALLOWEEN. AND IF SO WHEN WILL IT HAPPEN IT’S NOT LONG NOW TO HALLOWEEN. THANKS

Skookie30 24 October, 2011 @ 7:32 pm   39

i think it be a last of time because of the new reboot however if reboot does start this week, i think they be a holloween space in 1 of the district section.

Skookie30 24 October, 2011 @ 7:35 pm   40