Posted 5:30pm

PlayStation Home: What Goes Bump In The Night

On Thursday 27th October from 8AM BST PlayStation Home will be briefly offline for scheduled maintenance. Here is what to expect after the update…

inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood is being unleashed upon the unsuspecting world this week, and we thought we’d share a little of the vampyrical love with you. Seek out the special inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood store in Home Square and peruse its wares to receive a free pair of glowing red vampire eyes – available only this week. Dig a little deeper and buy the game and you will be granted dominion over your very own horde of fiendish flapping nightmares, yours to wear with whatever takes your fancy! Beware people… This is bat country.

Also in Home Square this week, to celebrate the momentous release of Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One for your PS3, we have created a psychodeconstructotron! This cunning device will analyse your responses to certain stimuli and match your personality to one of the four heroes in the game; the intrepid Ratchet, the logical Clank, the blathering Captain Qwark or the nefarious… Dr. Nefarious. You will be rewarded for your participation with a commemorative head-piece and t-shirt, tailored to suit your personality type. For those with multiple personalities, you can retake the test and collect them all!

The rest of Home Square has had a spooky makeover just in time for Halloween. Head over to the monument by the entrance to the Shopping Centre to find all of the ghoulish items from the last few weeks as well as some new additions which include:

AAA_Alice_cooper_SkeletonOverall_256x368AAA_Alice_cooper_AsylumBundle_256x368

AAA_Alice_cooper_ExecutionerBundle_256x368AAA_Alice_cooper_HaloweenBundle_256x368

• nSanity stuff – A collection of freaky heads, available in both his and hers
  • nDreams Bling Reapers – Stare into the souls of your friends with fearsome glowing eyes and number their days with the all new Bling Reaper and Epic Party Robes from nDreams!
  • DoubleSix big heads – Boost your ego with the new giant heads from DoubleSix! Brought to you in celebration of their all new title “All Zombies Must Die!”!
  • DoubleSix Companions – Do you lie in bed at night, quivering for fear of the zombie apocalypse? Of course you do, what right-thinking paranoid delusional wouldn’t? Well now you can bring your nightmares to life with a new range of zombie companions from DoubleSix, straight from their new game “All Zombies Must Die!”!
  • The Official Scre4m Movie Costume: enough to scare even the coldest of hearts!
  • Codeglue Day of the Dead Masks for male and female avatars: an eerie Tombstone Chair and some scary but very fun companions in the form of a Mummy Cat and a Mummy Hand.

Aurora_Halloween_1280x720

Elsewhere in PlayStation Home, be sure to stop by Aurora this week to enjoy the 1.3 update. Everyone’s favourite flying island has taken on a decidedly sinister feel this week in celebration of Halloween, who can say what terrors may lurk in the creeping shadows? nDreams will also be running some events throughout the week so keep your peepers peeled for further information!

Visit the Lockwood Publishing Showcase this Halloween for a chance to get six limited time rewards, you’ll have to visit on different days if you want to get them all! It’s been adorned with all things spooky, invite your friends to the perfect set for dressing up and taking some seasonal snaps! Did they forget their costume? Head over to the Gift Machine for 10 creepy themed gifts.

Lockwood_DoubleTimeBaseballShadows_091511_1280x720Lockwood_DoubleTimeBaseballShadowsFemaleOutfits_091511_1280x720

There’s a new baseball team in town, the Cemetery Shadows. They’re here to win and they don’t mind if that means playing dirty. Want to take a walk on the dark side? Then head to Double Time for a Cemetery Shadows uniform and get ready to take on the opposition!

Have a great Halloween and stay safe! (A few cloves of garlic above your doorway usually does the trick).

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

46 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first
Retro_1973 26 October, 2011 @ 5:35 pm   1

Spoooooooky! :D

I take it Home reboot is tomorrow then next week is november Winter so more misleading from sony

soon my arse.

“Reboot home coming this fall” Winter is‘nt a Fall it autumn

ill be chuck greene in home this year. lol :) chuck is da baus.

UK_Ricky_UK 26 October, 2011 @ 5:41 pm   4

Your kidding right? PSN is going offline the day I will finally have Battlefield 3?

How long is briefly?

James Gallagher 27 October, 2011 @ 10:42 am

The PSN maintenance is over now and hopefully you won’t have been affected – what’s mentioned at the top of this post only applies to Home and it’s the time when all the week’s new content is added.

VitalogyPJ 26 October, 2011 @ 5:48 pm   5

I’m drooling over the pic from Aurora 1.3, can’t wait :D

3# It’s okey, the update is between 02.00-08.00 uk sime

Immortal-Wolf- 26 October, 2011 @ 5:55 pm   7

I kick myself every week on playstation home for more epic rubbish when will playstation home ever listen to what i got to say to make me feel like im a home with playstation home ow i forgot its playstation home beta we all use on playstation 3 not playstation home as thats on playstation 4

angusinthearoara 26 October, 2011 @ 6:05 pm   8

@ UK_Ricky_UK Its playstation home going offline not PSN you doosh READ! BF3 hope my copy arrivals 2moro see you on the battlefield soldier!

psn is going down in 2 in the morning till 8 (un,ess your online) but i for one, will be catching z`s

CoolRichy008UK 26 October, 2011 @ 6:21 pm   10

Immortal-Wolf-

1 sony have gone out of there way to make this halloween the best ever and my 1st virtual halloween fun party

——————————————————————-

and also im gonna buy every peice of halloween stuff tomorrow all of it for £70 and anythin i got left over il use on other stuff and before u ask how i get this money i save it up :D

CoolRichy008UK 26 October, 2011 @ 6:22 pm   11

oh james or whoever is it ok i take spooky pics tomorrow and add them to facebook or will i get in trouble :(

thunderking1981 26 October, 2011 @ 6:47 pm   12

hi james sounds good i like halloween i will were my outfit this week wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Weasel-Dave 26 October, 2011 @ 6:48 pm   13

The ‘Photo Gallery’ software on my XMB syncs all my photos with Facebook regardless, and if Sony don’t want me sharing my Home pics why would they supply my avatar with a camera in the first place? I have even printed some and used them as greetings cards!

Very nice update, i’m looking forward to jumping imto home straight after maintenance. Aroura 1.3 looks like a lovely big dollop awsome sauce :)

CoolRichy008UK 26 October, 2011 @ 7:21 pm   15

wow thanx dave ive added my pics to fb anyway :)

IGNORE THE NAME and look at the pics i added and Lum26 same here and Weasel-Dave thanx bro :)

oh and catkiller1 sorry ok no more fights
and james galiagiher or wat ever ur called

what goes bump in the night
A, the old lady from worms crazy golf lol

James Gallagher 27 October, 2011 @ 10:40 am

What’s Crazy Golf like? I love Worms but I haven’t had time to check it out yet.

Cool update.. allready got most of the halloween outfits this year and now battlefeild 3 :O omg sony your guna make me skint hahaha.. asda at midnight for bf3 wooop

James Gallagher 27 October, 2011 @ 10:41 am

Better get some energy drinks or at least some strong coffee while you’re there.

manutd200963 27 October, 2011 @ 10:05 am   17

I’m on it now and I’m not offline

CoolRichy008UK 27 October, 2011 @ 11:18 am   18

James Gallagher worms crazy golf is fun cuz its got 3 parts to it

1 getting holes in one
2 collecting coins
3 collecting crates

i just downloaded the addon for worms the funfair pack and im goin thru the game to get holes in one 1st then goin back for the other stuff then it will double the game and

James Gallagher i just added another £20 my ps3 i now got (GASPS) £90 to play with in home and james is the active light worth getting cuz u read you can choose any colour and any pattern for it oh and will u make more then 2 active items in a home apartment soon so people and myself can add more then 2 items Like a house full of lights etc cuz just 2 active items is stupid i wanna put them all in my house and make a arcade for my freinds

i hope a update to add more active items will be on the cards soon and james i wont need coffee in home cuz they dont sell them lol

James Gallagher 27 October, 2011 @ 2:51 pm

Thanks for the tip – I’ll check it out. I spoke to the Home team at lunch and they said allowing for more than two active items is something they’re working on for a future update, so you just might get your wish in the future.

The active light is especially useful if you like filming as you can change the look of your films with some atrful lighting.

Hope that helps.

CoolRichy008UK 27 October, 2011 @ 11:19 am   19

dont lie manutd200963 ps3 home is offline for everyone till they updated it and james you better call the ghostbusters cuz its something strange in the homey hood who u gonna call James Gallagher’s lol

James Gallagher and um…james answer him, is the active light worth him getting? for my freinds too i don’t want to make an arcade i just want to be able to place 100 NO 200 items in my many perspaces but james Gallagher not 200 spread over ALL of my perspaces but jAmes 200 in EACH single one james? james? james. lool…

Anyhoo, glad the Hallowe’en Central Plaza is back. I found it fun last year siiting amongst the tombstones, speaking french with my parisienne fwend, us listening to the crickets chirupping inbetwixt our fwench speech bubbles. La sorciere et son inquisiteur. It was fun. Hope it has the same vibe this year…

chrisandsheva 27 October, 2011 @ 12:02 pm   21

i admit i used to visit home occasionally, more so though when i 1st got a ps3 around 2+half years back and i met some good people through it, but sadly the more gaming trophies i collected the more i sought, so i visit there now nearly ever,.. but reading these last few updates to home it sounds very impressive and i may pay a visit to the old batcave and take a stroll outside soon, one question though, i remember reading that you can be banned if you are using a US account in EU home and vice versa,? is this true and Why so strict about it,?.. am just a little curious if this is the case.. Also while playing fob last night i was in stitches (frankenstien,?) at the various adverts for upcoming games but with a ghoulish twist to their names, lol.. How did sucker p manage to pull this off,?.. i’d of thought activision ubisoft and ea would of been a bit ‘upset’ about this,.. still twas good fun, and fitted the whole hallows eve feel quite well,..

James Gallagher 27 October, 2011 @ 2:47 pm   22

shedboy90 27 October, 2011 @ 3:07 pm   23

cool baseball uniforms def buy for me

CoolRichy008UK 27 October, 2011 @ 4:35 pm   24

i wondered why they wasnt there and james thanx for addin my home request a spiderweb and spider – and thanx for askin the home team about the active items if i can add all of them to my apartemnts i can make a mini arcade for my freinds or add loads of lights lol .

i got some questions for you (plz try answer them or ask the home team to make my requests if possable)

1 will there be more lighting packs for the active light i know there is the loot image and windows image will the home team add more light effects like faces or christmas trees etc

2 – a idea i had plz forward it to the team

ceeling lights – abit like the active light u can attach it to a ceeling wall and set the colour and intence and here the clever bit u can choose a image to display on the wall or floor (just like the old singstar space had before it got turned into a shop)

CoolRichy008UK 27 October, 2011 @ 4:35 pm   25

PART 2

imaging it its xmas and you just bought hanging active wall imagin lights and you place the beam of the light on the floor or wall and you can watch it snow or have a xmas tree on the wall and watch it twinkle – james it might be a good object to make if possable and then u can add loads of projection images to the lights

light – snowing animation – snowman – xmas tree – halloween stuff or put a few lights together and make a word up (not a rude one)

can u pass idea 1 and 2 to the team cuz id love to see more light the lighting active light with tons more images u can project onto the wall or floor just like the singstar rooms space that u removed :( i loved them projected images that went round n round on the floor plz bring them back james they could be a good disco extra

CoolRichy008UK 27 October, 2011 @ 4:37 pm   26

i hope u mean by wat i mean by the singstar rooms lights that projected on the floor i hope they make somin like that with over 1000 diffrent images u can project :D n happy halloween james

Weasel-Dave 27 October, 2011 @ 4:43 pm   27

What’s wrong with the PSP-E1000 competition page? It doesn’t seem to be working, is it because I am using my PS3 browser to access it? I do not have a pc before someone recommends that as a solution, and I wouldn’t need one if we had a decent browser!

Skookie30 27 October, 2011 @ 4:44 pm   28

“Hi all, I’ve just heard that the Scream outfit and the Day of the Dead masks have been delayed and will not be in the update. Just letting you know.”

Ha ha in a future update after holloween.

Big SCEE foul up continues :)

happy holloween on monday. :)

Skookie30 27 October, 2011 @ 5:25 pm   29

you can’t use a USA account & use EU home & EU account to use USA home, got a USA account try to use home you see USA plaza.

same with EU account log on EU home you see our home square.

same with a japanese account.

CoolRichy008UK 27 October, 2011 @ 6:36 pm   30

its halloween u fool lol

nickjd331 27 October, 2011 @ 6:50 pm   31

As I purchased festival of blood from the store, how do I get this bonus infamous item?

CoolRichy008UK 27 October, 2011 @ 7:55 pm   32

James Gallagher i bought the following but when i bought them it said (Content can not be selected at this time) but when i went to look at my email it said i bought them how come they are not in my inventory & wardrobe yet :( i had this trouble before with the last thing i bought last week the halloween tomb pack thingy

All Zombies Must Die” Big Heads Pack 1 (
AZMD Normal Zombie!
AZMD Shock Mutant Zombie!
AZMD Crazy Zombie! (Object)
AZMD Radiation Mutant Zombie!
AZMD Fire Mutant Zombie! (Object)
AZMD Sonic Mutant Zombie! (Object)

i hope u kno about this problem and your working on a fix :( i want my new pets and new heads plz in home

chrisandsheva 27 October, 2011 @ 8:21 pm   33

looks like skookie30s spelling was correct after all then m8 ie hollow-een which it certainly sounds like it might end up bieng if the home team can’t fix your missing content, But i am sure that i will get fixed for you soon, I can’t help but ask, have you had the good fortune to visit any nightclubs at all,? only i seen how much you like your light shows, If the answer is no then i truly envy you, for though you may not know it your life will soon feel like it’s been strapped into a rocket and sent into space, And the lights will shine much brighter than you could think possible.. …. btw good ideas b4 about the xmas tree projections, hope they do something like it for everyone.

chrisandsheva 27 October, 2011 @ 8:36 pm   34

erm to the moderator.., seeing as you feel the need to mod yet another of my posts, could you possibly fix the typo in 3rd sentence,? i seem to have forgot to put a t after the i .. so instead of it reading it … it reads i.. bet you that this is a 1st..lol. anyway keep up the good work..

yo James I played F.o.B and home and I have to say one thing Am-a-Zing I seriously love festival of blood thanks so much for this and home square it’s amazing as well can we keep it like that

penrose08 28 October, 2011 @ 12:58 am   36

SONY i like ps home yh but its wrong when i go there and someone comes up 2 me reports me for harrasment when i did’nt even speak to the guy if i get banned again i repeat again for no reason its not on plz reply to my comment as am not worried i get banned for no reason yet again would’nt be the first time it happened!!!!!!!!

penrose08 28 October, 2011 @ 1:01 am   37

coolrichy008

was the guy who reported me for no reason and by the way richy why when u have never even spoke to me

Weasel-Dave 28 October, 2011 @ 1:08 am   38

PSP-E1000 COMPETITION PAGE IS KNACKERED!! HELLO! ANYBODY HOME? JAMES, SOMEBODY, ANYONE? Is this because of the sub-standard browser on PS3 or your end? Is there anybody out there? Just nod if you can hear me, there’ll be no more Aaaaaaargh! Come on it’s time to go! (with apologies to Pink Floyd!)

penrose08 28 October, 2011 @ 1:08 am   39

james hope u look into this coz its not on people like him spoil home reporting for no reason that just puts people off useing home

penrose08 28 October, 2011 @ 1:18 am   40

and the update was great thanks nice hallaween stuff happy hallaween all have a good one :0)

JonnyPauz 28 October, 2011 @ 6:14 pm   41

First of all, please bring back a public poker room, the ea poker room was by far the best and most popular room until ea pulled it. to make it easier you could just put poker tables in the ps plus space or some thing like that.

Secondly how do i get the bats for home from purchasing festival of blood, i have the game but no bats in home :(

JonnyPauz 28 October, 2011 @ 6:28 pm   42

on the bats, they were in my storage in the hands section

CoolRichy008UK 29 October, 2011 @ 7:17 am   43

just looked in usa home and the scream costumes do that naa naa naa killing move dam u usa nicking our scream costumes i vote all usa stuff comes to the uk after the massive home update or sony add servers so we can invade the usa LMAO

CoolRichy008UK 29 October, 2011 @ 7:17 am   44

JonnyPauz ur bats lol

JonnyPauz 29 October, 2011 @ 1:17 pm   45

@CoolRichy008UK lolz

CoolRichy008UK 30 October, 2011 @ 1:31 am   46

a usa freind i added invited me to the scary house in ps3 home america and i won the ghost costumes :D for use in ps3 home uk and boy can i scare people – what i had todo to wih was light 10 candles and avoid loads of ghosts it took me about 5 or 6 goes cuz my freinds connection cut off 3 times but i wont he ghost costumes u might of seen in home the see thru ones :D it only works if you got a uk account and a usa freind who has got the space and invites u to the game :D

im now gonna scare James Gallagher and other people.

n before anyone says that int fair or int legal

1 a usa freind added me invited me to his spooky house and i won the costume that works on my uk account and its not a glitch :D