Posted 2 November

MotorStorm Apocalypse Now On PlayStation Store

Hi all! This is @PhenomEvolution bringing news that the PlayStation 3 exclusive MotorStorm Apocalypse is now available for download on PlayStation Store for £19.99/€29.99. I also have the pleasure of introducing a new video which will give your inner speed demon a taste of what the platinum-selling MotorStorm Apocalypse has to offer:

In case you’re slightly late to the party and you missed my previous MotorStorm Apocalypse updates, here’s a brief re-cap on what the dedicated team at Evolution Studios have added to the game so far:

• Take on Weekly Challenges: There’s a fresh Rookie, Pro and Veteran challenge scenario every week.
  • Create Unique Game Modes: Design your own unique game modes with a detailed editor and play them against the CPU or online with friends.
  • Get Behind the Wheel: Enhance the realism of the experience with an officially supported steering wheel.
  • Share Your Vehicle Designs: Share your favourite designs across your vehicles and with friends to form team identities and stand out from the crowd.
  • Get More out of the Game: Expand your game with add-ons from PlayStation Store including new vehicles, free challenge packs and free customisation packs.

Rare Supercar Elite Give-away

To celebrate this news we’re giving away the rare Supercar Elite – that’s the awesome looking vehicle at the end of the video, if you didn’t already know. It’s a rare supercar in MotorStorm Apocalypse multiplayer which was only available for a very limited time… but a handful of models were kept aside and are being offered as a reward to the most creative answers to this simple question:

Q: What would you take with you to the racing party at the end of the world?

Leave your answer in the comments on this blog post by 12:00 NOON GMT on Friday 4th November 2011 and 10 individuals will be awarded the Supercar Elite. A PlayStation Store voucher redemption code will be sent to these individuals that will unlock the rare vehicle in MotorStorm Apocalypse when redeemed.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

72 Comments 26 Author replies
Show oldest first

Great Game!

14.99 instore for a boxed copy tho D:

cool nice one :>

Pacman_Ownage 2 November, 2011 @ 4:09 pm   4

I’d totally take a video camera to record the race…

*cough* hint *cough* :D

Phenom_Evolution 29 November, 2011 @ 9:06 am

What about a PVR? ;-)

Awesome answer, look out for your Supercar Elite code on PSN and on the forum.

What happend to the move support? :P

Phenom_Evolution 29 November, 2011 @ 9:06 am

There will be further news on this when it’s ready. Rest assured that it’s still coming.

jakster123x 2 November, 2011 @ 4:11 pm   6

Wow, a reasonable price. Well played, Sony!

Q. : What would you take with you to the racing party at the end of the world?

a slinky.

Phenom_Evolution 29 November, 2011 @ 9:10 am

I would have loved for you to expand on this answer – but without any explanation it’s just not quite creative enough to ear the rare Supercar. Better luck next time!

isnt this a platinum game? maybe chop £5 off that price?

I really hope sony fixes the prices of digital games for Vita as quite frankly it’s still 100% pointless to buy a digital version over a boxed version.

It’s getting better but still not good enough! £5 cheaper on most online retailers.

Try harder sony!!

PS – If it isn’t sony setting the prices then the publishers really need to take a long hard look at themselves too!

remanutd5 2 November, 2011 @ 4:28 pm   11

Weekly challenges = love them!! , they are free and they increased your online ranking.

Create unique game modes = they are fun when you play them with your friends.

Get behind the wheel = totally love this !!! since i tried the GT driving force wheel i dont use my dualshock 3 controller anymore.

Share your vehicle designs = didnt know about this o_O

Get more out of the game = totally kool although you guys still havent release the last free challenge pack , where is it ?

got a question for you Evo , is Motorstorm coming to the playstation Vita ? a ps4 motorstorm launch title would make me pre order the system the same day you guys announce the game , just saying you know lol

ChemicalBacon90 2 November, 2011 @ 4:28 pm   12

Pretty good price in comparison to a lot of the other digital titles you see up on the store.
Could have perhaps offered a little bundle with a couple of the DLC vehicle packs or whatever thrown in, but it still represents excellent value for a great game that has a ton of content to offer.

Regardless, what would I take with me to the festival at the end of the world?
The clues in the name; bacon! And lots of it.

There’s always time for some apocalyptic bacon cooked on the bonnet of a supercar while the world around you is being torn apart.

Phenom_Evolution 29 November, 2011 @ 9:17 am

Mmmmm, bacon! I’m pretty sure the Elite wasn’t designed for use as a make-shift oven, but this is the party at the end of the world. Anything goes.

Supercar Elite code heading your way (on PSN and on the official forum).

remanutd5 2 November, 2011 @ 4:28 pm   13

oh 1 more thing LUNATICS UNITE !!!!

CookieMonsterES 2 November, 2011 @ 4:28 pm   14

Cookies, what else? :P

remanutd5 2 November, 2011 @ 4:32 pm   15

at phenom is the game part of the greatest hits in the states too ?

Phenom_Evolution 29 November, 2011 @ 9:19 am

It is being scheduled for release by Sony Computer Entertainment America separately. Release date and pricing will be announced soon.

NitrousX123 2 November, 2011 @ 4:32 pm   16

What would you take with you to the racing party at the end of the world?
I would bring my speakerbox and blare out eliteforces techno beats. Chill out and bob my head side to side. Live n let die fiasco ^^

Phenom_Evolution 29 November, 2011 @ 9:21 am

Elite Force would be proud. “Live and let die” is a great motto for racing at the end of the world: your Supercar Elite code is on its way (via PSN Messaging and the official forum).

M3RL1NS_N3M3S1S 2 November, 2011 @ 4:43 pm   17

I’d bring a t-shirt saying, “i’ll keep racing until the world ends” and be driving the crasiest most over supped up ride i can find :D

I’d almost certainly take a flask of tea and an umbrella. Maybe i’m too british.

chrisandsheva 2 November, 2011 @ 4:46 pm   19

at the end of the world, erm not quite sure Where that is so obviously a sat-nav…as a rule i am not a driving game fan, but i need to say i can’t help but notice when visiting the ps store just how well you’s have looked after the apocolyspe owners, alls i seem to see is free this or free that, and from what i can gather it’s not just ordinary freebies you ‘sometimes’ see other devs offer, but actual game enhancing challanges that some would put a price tag on and call dlc, so hats off to you’s for looking after your fanbase, Now if only this was the norm in the genres i play… 4th nov, as well, hopefully i will be very drunk then celebrating 1 more year of life… well no hopefully necessary tbh..

Agamer2006 2 November, 2011 @ 4:50 pm   20

Well I would have to take some petrol……yeah we do live in a realistic world you know :P

First great for bringing more Bluerays digital to the store, and this time you’re not far too greedy either, only downthing is that I could not find it in the Norwegian Psn store :(
But I hope to see much more reasonable priced day one on store aswell!

remanutd5 2 November, 2011 @ 4:54 pm   22

yeap chris is right i have been a motorstormer since march 6th 2007 ( the day it got released in NA ) and the amount of free stuff we have gotten on apocalypse so far is something never seen before on the franchise so thank you for that evo but there are some things you guys need to get better at ( online play for example)

Titchy_Penguin 2 November, 2011 @ 5:17 pm   23

UNCHARTED 3 + PS3!!!!

QuietlyWrong 2 November, 2011 @ 5:19 pm   24

“MotorStorm Apocalypse is now available for download on PlayStation Store”

erm, no it isn’t.

But when it is, and when it’s on sale, I might pick it up… :|

Q: What would you take with you to the racing party at the end of the world?
I would take my Deck Chair, Umbrella(Didn’t you hear, very Sunny at the End of the World), Gas Fired BBQ and plenty of High Quality Steak and BBQ Chicken. Not forgeting the much needed White Rolls and Wheeners for that much loved Hot Dog.
And if it is the End of the World, who cares about the Carbs.
Then I would sit on the best Hill to watch the Races while the world ends. :D

Wow, now I feel really hungry.

Q: What would you take with you to the racing party at the end of the world?

Tricky one. I would take a V8 super car and go out on a wave of exhaust notes.

Phenom_Evolution 29 November, 2011 @ 9:28 am

Beautiful, but now you can replace the generic “V8 super car” in your vision with a Supercar Elite. Code incoming (via PSN Messaging and the official forum). ;-)

Make sure to “go out on a wave of exhaust notes”!

hafa_dude 2 November, 2011 @ 5:44 pm   27

I would take a server that actually let me stay connected..

Phenom_Evolution 29 November, 2011 @ 9:31 am

A server that provides a consistently solid experience for everybody all of the time is absolutely top of our priorities at the moment.

It’s proving difficult to pinpoint the sporadic disconnection issue that some of you are having after a series of races – and the recent server upgrades have made a noteable difference.

“Q: What would you take with you to the racing party at the end of the world?”

A race car? ;)

Its worth every penny! ! ! :P Brilliant game it is;)

colmshan1990 2 November, 2011 @ 6:11 pm   30

What would I take to a race at the end of the world?
Doc Brown’s Delorean- if I’m in a car as the world’s about to end, it had better be a time-travelling one.
And the way I see it, if you’re going to build a time-machine out of a car, why not do it in style? :P

Phenom_Evolution 29 November, 2011 @ 9:40 am

It doesn’t quite travel through space and time – just the concrete jungle of a crumbling metropolis – but you’ll certainly end the world in style with a Supercar Elite.

Your code is on its way (via PSN Messaging and the official forum).

spaceace007 2 November, 2011 @ 6:22 pm   31

Definitely not unicorn bros (if anyone gets the reference). However I think if it’s a racing party at the end of the world probably just ‘borrow’ the Ferrari FXX and drive it half way for the race and the other half into the sunset just to enjoy the end of the world in a fast car (obviously with an attractive companion).

Phenom_Evolution 29 November, 2011 @ 9:42 am

Have a Supercar Elite and realize your dream of enjoying the end of the world in a fast car. ;-)

Watch out for your code today (via PSN Messaging and the official forum).

UKVampire 2 November, 2011 @ 6:31 pm   32

Where exactly is it available on the store????

ruinereraser 2 November, 2011 @ 6:33 pm   33

It’s not up on the store, at least not on the PL PSS yet. What gives?

Titchy_Penguin 2 November, 2011 @ 6:44 pm   34

what file size roughly

fjernbetjening 2 November, 2011 @ 7:06 pm   35

I’d bring a rare supercar elite! If I had one, that is…

Q: What would you take with you to the racing party at the end of the world?

I would take a coffin

EfcJonny123 2 November, 2011 @ 7:45 pm   37

I don’t understand Sony? If you want to drive up digital downloads (which would cut costs in producing the disk, box, manual etc)surely the way to do it is digital downloads being considerably cheaper than physical copies (as there are less costs involved). It’s surely a much cheaper, efficient and direct approach compared to selling physical copies (costs with manual, box, disk etc etc.
I really do hope you add more common sense with the pricing regarding digital downloads.
Let me reiterate the point @gypsiee made that quite frankly ‘it’s still 100% pointless to buy a digital version over a boxed version.’
Why when a digital copy is the same price (or even higher in some cases) would I take the time of downloading a game through psn when I could buy the boxed physical copy? Why? Please Sony tell me why? There are, at the moment, no incentives for gamers to buy digitally… You really do need to work hard at changing this

ExtremeGamer1995 2 November, 2011 @ 7:55 pm   38

I’ll answer your question with a very simple answer:
probably a fast car.

At the end of the world you say? I would bring rope.

1 Is the thrustmaster one of your supported wheels?

You bang on about it but neglect to mention or link to anything else.

2 Is the 3D mode just for single player or split screen too?

Neither answer, either way would be a deal breaker….a positive to both would result in an instant sale.

Q: What would you take with you to the racing party at the end of the world?

A: Well, that actually depends on whether the race is at the far left end of the world, or at the far right end! But I would always take my toothbrush.

twinlight2 2 November, 2011 @ 9:26 pm   42

I would bring my “I beat The Stig and all I got was this lousy t-shirt” shirt to show off my above average racing skills. :)

Thats all I would need as it shows that its the driver that makes the difference and not the car. ;)

Shardoom28 2 November, 2011 @ 9:54 pm   43

Q: What would you take with you to the racing party at the end of the world?

A: Eliza Dushku, 5 litres of Russian Standard Vodka and that badass Mustang from the movie ‘Deathrace’.

Phenom_Evolution 29 November, 2011 @ 9:54 am

I don’t trust that you’ll take care of it, but your answer is creatively edgey enough to be deserving of a Supercar Elite, for sure.

A code will be sent your way soon (via PSN Messaging and the official forum) – enjoy!

Q: What would you take with you to the racing party at the end of the world?

An orange and lime green Monarch Tike….

On a serious note, any info regarding the tauromachia? (Well, I havent asked in a while ;) )

TRAXXAS58 2 November, 2011 @ 11:29 pm   45

Q: What would you take with you to the racing party at the end of the world?

A copy of MSA to practice the carnage before I went out to do it for real life ;)
Food- Most likely doughnuts, cookies, pancakes, chocolate.
Drink- Monster Energy? Coke, milk, water.

Obviously my vehicle of choice would be a lawnmower. This topic was much talked about on the EU forum (just search lawnmower & skip to page 5 & 6) and I would say I would probably choose the green & white #97 tractor style lawnmower, considering the positives and negatives of all the lawnmowers shown I would say that is the best overall choice.

If however lawnmowers are not made available to me for racing in an apocalypse for whatever silly reason, I would have to say I would like to take a blue & red buggy.

I would maybe also take a space ship of some kind, considering how it will be the end of the world, I will die if I stay on Earth so why not grab a Nasa space ship and jump in it while I have the chance?

TRAXXAS58 2 November, 2011 @ 11:30 pm   46

I would also probably like to take a camera to film the awesomeness of the event and the death of the entire world to show the people that I find on a new planet. However, this has possible flaws as I’m not sure other planets will have USB cables or card readers to transfer my videos and pictures from my camera to whatever space laptops they have.

It would probably also be nice to take Wifey with me, seeing as though we would be on a planet with most likely not human species, having a female to repopulate with would probably be most appreciated by a large percentage of the human race because even if they cannot live, I’m sure they would want humans to live on. Oh and whilst I think of it, I would probably need a doctor incase either of us got ill, oh and maybe an army too incase the aliens we find aren’t as friendly as I would hope they would be.

TRAXXAS58 2 November, 2011 @ 11:30 pm   47

Come to think of it, this ship I need is going to have to be huge, I’m not sure even Nasa has a ship big enough for the kind of army I am thinking of. Well I guess I had better start making my own ship!

With that I am off to go start making my ship, it will probably take a while to build, considering how I need to find all the parts, earn all the money to buy them, put them together, then transport it to wherever this end of the world racing event is, then stop all the thieves from stealing my ship (although my army could help with that(but what if mutiny occurs and they steal my ship!? No.. I have been watching too much PoTC that won’t happen I hope)).

But yes, I am leaving now to start my ship :)

Q. : What would you take with you to the racing party at the end of the world?

A time machine, to relive the carnage all over again! :P

Q : What would you take with you to the racing party at the end of the world?
A : Coat and Scarf, I don’t want to catch a chill!

MikeZablo 3 November, 2011 @ 2:01 am   50

One of the best games in stereoscopic technology . Highly recommend for 3D tv owners :)

Phenom_Evolution 29 November, 2011 @ 9:56 am

I agree (obviously). Genuinely, though, playing the game in stereoscopic 3D with a Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel is one of my all-time gaming highlights. Intense, exciting and exhilirating as all games should be!

Load all