Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 1:00pm

Hitman: Absolution Directors’ Commentary

IO Interactive has been on quite a ride with the first demo of Hitman: Absolution – touring the world with the code, showing it off to hundreds of thousands of excited people. The response was so overwhelming, we decided to release the full playthrough a few weeks ago. And now, after having captured two of the most busy gentlemen on the team, we are following up with a new asset to ensure everyone gets the full experience.

Join Game Director Tore Blystad and Gameplay Director Christian Elverdam as they take us all behind-the-scenes of the award-winning Hitman: Absolution, with a full 17 minute commentary version of the “Run For Your Life” playthrough. The commentary will let you learn first-hand what it takes to create a living and breathing world. The aim is for the fans to gain new insight into the creation and ambition for the game and get a taste of what players can expect when they enter the mindset of the original assassin: Agent 47. We hope you will enjoy it!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

17 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first
sephiroth180 3 November, 2011 @ 1:24 pm   1

I’m really looking forward to the game!

AaronSOLDIER 3 November, 2011 @ 1:47 pm   2

Please Please Please give us a Hitman HD Collection with the first 4 games!

Catkiller1 3 November, 2011 @ 2:08 pm   3

@ AaronSOLDIER

I second that! ;)

TehPhilosopher 3 November, 2011 @ 2:54 pm   4

Hitman is my favorite game series of all time, can’t wait for this! I’ve played so many hours on all of the games.

Absolutely love when you guys talked about the greyscale of escalation, ie. the enemies don’t start shooting the second they see you. This is EXACTLY the direction I was hoping Hitman would go, and it also differentiates it from the million FPSs out there. Similar with hiding in plain sight. You are actually taking the game to the next level, rather than watering it down, which happens way too often with sequels (I’m looking at you DICE/BF3).

I understand why you chose this video with high bodycount to showcase Absolution, but I hope Silent Assassin option comes back, ie. you can choose to only kill the mark, no one else, and you don’t even raise suspicions, and that it is rewarded (trophies for Silent Assassin and Mass Murderer?!). Hopefully there will also be multiple ways to successfully kill the mark.

Not sure what instinct actually brings to the game other than makes easier difficulties, well, easier. But I’ll hold my judgment until I’ve tried it out.

Nick Price 4 November, 2011 @ 1:15 pm

The video shows off only one style of playthrough. As the guys say in the commentary, there are many ways to get through this level depending on your play style.

TehPhilosopher 3 November, 2011 @ 2:55 pm   5

(continued)

Was funny how he whispered “shhhhhh” to the first cop he put to sleep :D BTW, when he took the cop as hostage, he should point the gun at the hostage’s head, not at the other cops.

The game looks absolutely stunning – I trust this is the PC version at highest settings? I hope you’ll bring 5.1 surround audio with positional cues for better stealth gameplay!

Love the humor, destructible pigeons FTW, the juvenile fart joke, “we’re soooo busted man”; the hippies are a perfect contrast to the nihilism of 47′s world.

0-day buy for me, hope you’ll make a great collector’s edition!

TehPhilosopher 3 November, 2011 @ 3:00 pm   6

Oh, and one more: I didn’t buy Kane and Lynch 2 because you and/or Eidos decided to release with launch DLC that cost money (funny how Uncharted is doing the same). I’ll buy every single DLC for Hitman for sure, just don’t act like money-grabbing greedy SOBs – if there is launch DLC for a game which costs a full price, it should be free. If it’s a discount game, that’s another matter.

Where’s our payday codes SOny?

To anyone wanting to know about the Payday codes, please spam every article posted on the blog asking where the codes are.

I’ll be doing so until some one gives us a definite date for when we’ll get the codes.

Catkiller1 3 November, 2011 @ 4:41 pm   8

@ Nick Price

So you’re a Community Manager eh?

How about doing your job & addressing the Community, with regards to the PAYDAY issue??!!

Catkiller1 3 November, 2011 @ 4:43 pm   9

LOL, in all the anger & lack of sleep I forgot to read that your actually the Community Manager for IO Interactive.

My bad!

SORRY ;)

ROFL!

Catkiller1 3 November, 2011 @ 4:48 pm   10

Wish there was an edit/delete button for our posts ;)

After just having watched the trailer, I wasn’t super excited about the game… But know after they explained most of my concerns I am very very excited for it!

RedeyedRonin 3 November, 2011 @ 6:25 pm   12

what can say other than thanks for wasting my time with kane & lynch & mini ninjas when we could be on our 2nd next gen version of hitman. it has acually angered me watching the brilliant trailer 5 years plus of no 47 is unacceptable especially seeing as it looks 50,000,000 times better than the games i just mentioned. oh and i close with, dont you even think about a kane & lynch 3 please im begging you it will kill your company and your fans its as simple as that.

guitardevil6 3 November, 2011 @ 10:39 pm   13

This looks great, but I think everyone needs reminded of how awesome the Hitman games are… so a HD collection is necessary!! NECESSARY!!

…please :D

SmoggyPhil 4 November, 2011 @ 12:53 pm   14

Yeah, brilliant. Getting rid of David Bateson, the very essence of Hitman, then dumping Jesper Kyd, then dumping Diana’s voice actor, and then pretty much dumbing down the gameplay (‘Instinct’? Tag and Kill? Seriously?!) to please the dumb-as-anything-Call-of-Duty-instant-gratification-LOOK-EXPLOSIONS-WOOP-WOOP community.

For a game series that was kept alive solely by its hardcore fanbase, you guys at IOI have done your best to alienate them. Hopefully, the game will put a giant dent in your wallets over at Square Enix and IOI, so that next time you’ll actually keep faithful to the series.

Either that, or it puts Square Enix out of business, something that really needs to happen in the next year or so.

Nick Price 4 November, 2011 @ 1:18 pm   15

Thanks for all of your comments so far!

ill pass on this..

can’t wait 4 hitman gonna be awesome even though I haven’t played the other games..lol. It seems like a assassin version on uncharted :/ I’m sure everyone here has played uncharted, anyone agree? :L