Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 3:22pm

Worms Special Offers Wriggling Onto PSN Tomorrow

Worms Brand logo CMYK

Hi everyone! With many of the Worms games, add-ons and themes on special sale offers on the PlayStation Store this week, we thought we would let you know a little about the Worms titles that are already currently available, and a little insight into what we have coming soon!

worms 1 psn_004worms_2_armageddon_psn_02

If classic 2D Worms is your preference, then you are spoilt for choice on PlayStation 3. Both the original Worms and the even more feature-packed follow up, Worms 2: Armageddon, are available now for classic turn-based, 2D cartoon strategy action. If you still haven’t had blown enough tiny invertebrates to bits, then there are also some great DLC packs available for Worms 2: Armageddon, with the Battle Pack, Puzzle Pack, Forts Pack, Time Attack and my favourite, the Retro Pack, all offering great new content for the game.

worms_2_armageddon_dlc_retro_pack_artwork

PlayStation 3 owners may also want to check out the recently released Worms Premium Theme and Worms Dynamic Theme if they want to have their XMB completely overrun with worms! The Dynamic Theme even pays a snowy Worms-style ‘homage’ to one of our favourite action heroes in PS3 gaming… see if you can guess who it is!

PlayStation Portable owners don’t have to go without either and Worms: Battle Islands is a fantastically feature-packed traditional 2D Worms experience for PSP, with a knowing “Modern Battlefield” theme!

Last month saw the release of a brand new PlayStation 3 Worms game, the brazenly-bonkers mixture of classic 2D Worms and hilarious eighteen-hole high jinks, Worms Crazy Golf, and also a free DLC pack, the “Carnival Course”. We have been really excited by the reaction so far to this compelling sports/puzzle mash up (a ‘spuzzle’ game as it has been called by some…well… by us!)

worms_crazy_golf_announcement_screen_britannia_03worms_ultimate_mayhem_announcement_screen_01

With regards to forthcoming titles, we are currently putting the final touches together on the PlayStation 3 game, Worms Ultimate Mayhem, which is, in our opinion, the definitive 3D Worms game. The game will have over 60 single-player missions, online or local multi-player for up to 4 players, 5 multi-player modes, and unprecedented customization and fully destructible environments. We don’t have a final release date at the moment, but we hope to be able to confirm this very soon!

We hope you enjoy the sale, and happy worming!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

44 Comments 24 Author replies
Show oldest first
ShadowDoGGG 8 November, 2011 @ 12:09 pm   1

It’s still like a ridiculous 99p on iTunes for the same game. Why would someone pay any more for the same game just because its on another platform?

Mark Baldwin 8 November, 2011 @ 5:19 pm

Hi, different platforms all have different pricing systems – these sales do allow people to pick up the games at lower prices.

To mirror what ShadowDoGGG said, these gimps are over priced.
Also, the games are content poor, especially when you consider that the original games on PC had far more features than what their console counterparts offer.
I bought one worms game on xbox live and due to it’s lack of features, I won’t be buying another one on any system.

Mark Baldwin 8 November, 2011 @ 5:21 pm

Sorry you think that, we are aware that a lot of people do look back fondly on the PC versions of Worms, but many people enjoy the newer console versions too.

price? sorry i didnt read it all just the good parts :) might buy em.

Catkiller1 8 November, 2011 @ 12:20 pm   4

Hi Mark,
Any chance of Worms Blast & Worms Pinball being released?

Assassin, ATR: All Terrain Racing, Project X, Qwak & Superfrog?

You know we want them! lol

I’m enjoying Worms Crazy Golf & Worms, but i’m yet to pick up Worms 2 Armageddon!

Mark Baldwin 8 November, 2011 @ 5:22 pm

We are always looking at ways to bring back catalogue titles for release, but cant confirm anything yet with Blast and Pinball, or the other titles you mention sorry.

Glad to hear you are enjoying Worms Crazy Golf and Worms, and if you decide to pick up Worms 2 Armageddon in the sale we are sure you will enjoy that too!

Catkiller1 8 November, 2011 @ 12:21 pm   5

If I can pick up Worms 2 Armageddon with all DLC in a pack, for say; £7.99 then i’m SOLD ;)

Loving Crazy Golf so far. How much are these going to be in the sale? I have the original Worms, so Armageddon 2 would be ideal also Battle Islands on PSP would be nice for under £10

Mark Baldwin 8 November, 2011 @ 5:25 pm

Hi, both Worms 2 Armageddon and Worms Battle Islands PSP will indeed be in the sale, with nice reductions too.

i was also wondering what the discounts are going to be, you have told us about these items going into a sale but not mentioned cost.lol

i’m with catkiller on worms blast, got it on pc but would love it on psn with online multi player

Might get W2A. I’ve already got Reloaded on PC so the price would definitely have to be right if I’m going to double dip.

I have the iOS version and it’s not great. It was only £2.99 (I believe) but I can’t play it because of the poor controls.

Give me a 3D worms and I am happy.

Mark Baldwin 8 November, 2011 @ 5:27 pm

Worms Ultimate Mayhem is coming soon, just in the final stages as we said above, and we should be able to confirm a release date very soon, so your request for a 3D Worms title on PSN should make you very happy indeed!

Guri_Tricolor 8 November, 2011 @ 3:48 pm   10

awesome gaming from the start!
16 years ago… http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worms_(1995_video_game)

Bovrillor 8 November, 2011 @ 4:01 pm   11

Cheap Battle Islands may just tempt me, already have W2A and don’t play it all that much since everyone just quits when they’re losing.

A 3D Worms game that doesn’t crash every 5 minutes would indeed be revolutionary. The two previous iterations have been unplayable for me.

Mark Baldwin 8 November, 2011 @ 5:30 pm

Worms Battle Islands PSP will be included in the sale, hope you enjoy it. And keep an eye out for Worms Ultimate Mayhem if you like the 3D Worms games.

AaronSOLDIER 8 November, 2011 @ 4:20 pm   12

PS one classics please!

CoolRichy008UK 8 November, 2011 @ 4:25 pm   13

YE PS1 WORMS NOW

Mark Baldwin 8 November, 2011 @ 5:32 pm

As I said above, we are looking into this, but cant confirm anything yet I am afraid.

Free for Playstation Plus?

Mark Baldwin 8 November, 2011 @ 5:33 pm

Hi, this sale will be open to everyone, and there arent any specials for Plus subscribers this time round.

RedeyedRonin 8 November, 2011 @ 4:29 pm   15

yes yes i own them all WHEN IS ULTIMATE COMING OUT. finishing touches really ? then why is it already out on xbox then eh?

Mark Baldwin 8 November, 2011 @ 5:34 pm

Hi, we are really just applying the finishing touches, the XBLA version has an exclusivity period.

Carnivius_Prime 8 November, 2011 @ 4:47 pm   16

Qwak on PS3 would be awesome. It still beats even Bubble Bobble in my opinion for classic 2 player single screen platforming.

By the way I grinned when I first saw that Worms dynamic theme with the snow and mountains. Even doodled a Drake style Worm on a notebook while rehearsing for a play some weeks ago.

Mark Baldwin 8 November, 2011 @ 5:36 pm

Hi, always nice to hear from a fan of Qwak, thanks for your kind words! And glad to hear you liked the Dynamic Theme too!

Enough of ‘Worms’ already! People were sick of the novelty 10 years ago. The ‘Alien Breed’ games were great fun, so if T17 are sticking with DLG’s for the time-being, either concentrate on a new ‘AB’ trilogy, or develop a new I.P. But please….no more Worms games. It makes ‘Team 17′ look desperate for money.

Mark Baldwin 8 November, 2011 @ 5:37 pm

Sorry you think that, lots of people are still enjoying Worms. But glad to hear you liked the Alien Breed games.

CoolRichy008UK 8 November, 2011 @ 5:53 pm   18

Mark Baldwin i hope worms 3d mayhem comes next week for psn i want it badly i had both on the ps3 and played them all dayyy :D and i hope you do release the old worms games for psn store

worms 1 – pinball and others

i bet next week worms mayhem will be out

Mark Baldwin 9 November, 2011 @ 9:28 am

Thanks, it isn’t out next week sadly, but shouldn’t be too much longer before we can confirm the release date.

CoolRichy008UK 8 November, 2011 @ 5:54 pm   19

oh Mark Baldwin look into making a worms costume for ps3 home plz LMAO lol

Mark Baldwin 9 November, 2011 @ 9:29 am

Hmmm….interesting suggestion….leave it with us, can’t promise anything though.

Worms are cool. Got the original when it first appeared on the Amiga and loved it, two player mode almost caused me and my mates to die laughing whenever we played it. I’m not keen on the 3D versions, but I’m a 2D guy at heart.

What would really be amazing for the PS3 store would be a HD remake of Project-X, I think I would wet my pants if that happened. And for old times sake, let’s not forget Superfrog :) You guys have a shed load of top-notch titles that would do incredibly well at 60Hz/HD on the PS3.

maddogarchie64 8 November, 2011 @ 6:25 pm   21

awesome

RedeyedRonin 8 November, 2011 @ 7:23 pm   22

so can you tell me why the get it as an exclusive? and what is it a 1 month contract 2, 3? why must you do this.
How about keeping it fair for everyone and not excepting that fat pile of cash ms shoved into your hands?
i have been a worm fan since… since well forever! this just alienates me as a fan team xbox sorry team 17

Demonicspawn 8 November, 2011 @ 7:36 pm   23

That’s unfair to say that “team xbox” Iv loved worms games for ages n it not there fault xbox is easier to produce games for n the more than Likely have a better team working in there european region than Sony, cos if u all havnt noticed SCEE r realy falling behind on all fronts customer care/ reliability/ release dates, fairness, u name it there b useless at it. So don’t blame Team 17 cos they Rock

since buying the PC version i stopped playing the Ps3 version,they’re just not the same games,i really hope i can go back to playing worms on consoles again sometime when PS VITA comes out & I HOPE the ps vita version will not be a silly joke like the psp,ds,wii versions.

Mikal_Drey 8 November, 2011 @ 10:55 pm   25

hey hey

I have worms crazy golf.

Suffice to say we haven’t stopped playing it !! thumbs up from Amber(5) Dylan(8) and me (…)

Not really been a fan of worms on the ps3 but crazy golf works superbly.

Mark Baldwin 9 November, 2011 @ 9:31 am

Thanks, glad to hear you are enjoying Worms Crazy Golf – great to hear!

BTW – have you downloaded the free DLC pack “The Carnival Course” which was also released, you can get it from the PSN Store now?

CoolRichy008UK 8 November, 2011 @ 11:10 pm   26

Mark Baldwin i hope worms mayhem when its on ps3 maybe next week i bet has got good background music like the originals

Mark Baldwin 9 November, 2011 @ 9:35 am

Hi it isnt out next week sadly, but hopefully not too long to wait…..and we are sure you will like the music then!

sympozium_666 8 November, 2011 @ 11:29 pm   27

Have Ultimate Mayhem on Steam, brilliant game. Great to hear that its finally coming to Playstation.

CoolRichy008UK 9 November, 2011 @ 12:14 am   28

i soo hate u sympozium lol

CoolRichy008UK 9 November, 2011 @ 12:18 am   29

il beat anyone at this game :D

CoolRichy008UK 9 November, 2011 @ 12:18 am   30

Mark Baldwin <<< is now wormwin :D

ukcrazyguy 9 November, 2011 @ 12:30 am   31

keep up the good work team 17, love your games. still have the first worms on pc and play to this day with my dad. worms pinball on psn would be amazing too which i also have pc. cant beat your games for the fun factor. take care

great

I was a big Team 17 fans when you were doing games for the Amiga – especially games like Body Blows, the classic Alien Breed games (particularly the ones in 3D) and Project X. But it’s been all about Worms lately and I just never got into that type of game.

Mark Baldwin 9 November, 2011 @ 1:57 pm

Fair enough – have you tried the new Alien Breed games on PSN at all? There are trials for each if you want to try it out first too?

Mark Baldwin 9 November, 2011 @ 1:59 pm   34

Here is a run-down of all of the sale prices:

PS3
Worms (Was £7.99/€ 9.99 – Now £3.99/€4.99)
Worms 2: Armageddon (Was £11.99/€14.99 – Now £6.29/€7.99)
Worms 2: Armageddon – Battle Pack (Was £3.19/€3.99 – Now £1.59/€1.99)
Worms 2: Armageddon – Puzzle Pack (Was £2.99/€3.59 – Now £1.99/€2.49)
Worms 2: Armageddon – Forts Pack (Was £2.99/€3.59 – Now £1.99/€2.49)
Worms 2: Armageddon – Time Attack Pack (Was £2.99/€3.59 – Now £1.99/€2.49)
Worms 2: Armageddon – Retro Pack (Was £2.99/€3.59 – Now £1.99/€2.49)

PSP
Worms: Battle Islands (Was £15.99/€19.99 – Now £5.49/€6.99)

Themes
Worms Premium Theme (Was £0.79/€0.99 – Now £0.59/€0.79)
Worms Dynamic Theme (Was £1.99/€2.49 – Now £1.59/€1.99)

Offers ends on 16th November 2011

rianwudkok 9 November, 2011 @ 2:13 pm   35

People look back fondly of the old PC worms because they’re better games. The worms series has been pants for ages when it need not be. It’s still a great concept, but execution is seriously lacking. In fact it’s lazy. Even their voices don’t get updated. Give me worms 2 anyday. It was and still is brilliant. I’d happily pay £9.99 for it today than pay any of these sale prices.

On a positive note though, worms crazy golf looks fun. I won’t be buying though because I can’t bear to hear those stupid voices for the 10th year in row.

AaronSOLDIER 9 November, 2011 @ 5:04 pm   36

Worms Open Warfare 1 and 2 on the Store for PSP please.

Mark Baldwin 10 November, 2011 @ 10:59 am

We don’t have any plans to bring those titles to the Store sorry, but Worms: Battle Islands PSP is a spiritual sequel to both of those titles, and is available in this week’s sale for £5.49/€6.99.

Catkiller1 10 November, 2011 @ 11:13 am   37

Would have purchased Worms 2 Armageddon & all DLC but £15.84 is a bit steep!

If the whole bundle was between £7.99-£9.99, I may have considered it!

AaronSOLDIER 10 November, 2011 @ 12:32 pm   38

I bought the battle pack for W2:A for the older maps. Great but shame the background music isn’t there. Can we have an update to include ingame music?

YES! Worms 4 is finally coming back! I’m so getting it when it’s out!

sharpenedpixel 12 November, 2011 @ 1:21 pm   40

Ouch, the Worms 2 dlc is so expensive! Can you do a bundle pack with all of them for £5?

Tecnoboy1 12 November, 2011 @ 1:44 pm   41

Is the new 3D one a disc release or download? I remember spending hours on the 3D versions on the XBOX, and as much as I love the 2D, really looking forward to the new one. :D

CoolRichy008UK 12 November, 2011 @ 9:37 pm   42

LMW-YBC correction its worms 3D + worms 4 mayhem :) in one wormafying pack and cheers Mark Baldwin maybe u cud add a unlockable for ps home in worms mayhem ;) lol

I never really got into Worms 3D. The battlefields and the story didn’t catch me. But Worms 4 has a great, comical story set in colourful places which were fun to walk around(In Low-G B-) ). Now that I know that it’s a double package, I might give the Worms 3D stages another spin, and the addition of PSN’s free online just makes it look like a bargain for me. Thanks Team 17!

CoolRichy008UK 20 November, 2011 @ 12:03 pm   44

good thing i told you :D int it lol

when psn is back online later or tonight or tomorrow lol add me ok and then if we both get the worms game il play it with u