Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 12:00pm

PlayStation.Blog Recap

More Skyrim this weekend. I’m kind of regretting being the cat.

What shall we talk about?

Here’s your recap:

Playstation EU

Official PlayStation Magazine - UK

• The big story this week is the reported problems that some people appear to be encountering as save files increase. Are you suffering from lag in Skyrim?
  • For the first time in OPM history we have a developer on the cover. Hideo Kojima appears on our Issue 65 historic cover issue.
  • Ezio returns for his final chapter. Find out what we thought in our Assassin’s Creed: Revelations review.
  • It’s all been about Darkling’s this week. Check out our Darkness 2 info hub.
  • Once you’ve finished the Dark Knight’s latest, find out what the Easter Eggs might tell us about a sequel to Arkham City.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

32 Comments 8 Author replies
Show oldest first
ruinereraser 19 November, 2011 @ 12:53 pm   1

James, a question – the activation quota for new games bought after 18th of November is live, but there’s no website activation/deactivation tool for PSN users to manage their systems.

US already got this, so are we gonna lag behind as usual, now even in terms of functionality?

manutreble 19 November, 2011 @ 3:04 pm   2

@1 there is the web qriocity.com just go to account sign in go to account than go to game section than it say decat all

Loving Skyrim, james are you having the save file problem? Mines already at 8mb i hope a patch comes out soon to fix this.

James Gallagher 21 November, 2011 @ 9:33 am

I haven’t come across any problems yet but then I haven’t played it as much as many people. Only about 15 hours in.

ruinereraser 19 November, 2011 @ 3:12 pm   4

@manutreble: it works only for US and UK accounts, when I’m tying to sign in with my PSN details it says that “the service is not available in your country” which is actually true, since Qriocity is not available in Poland (but PSN obviously is).

So, I’m asking again – when such functionality (already promised to be launched alongside the activation amount changes) will be available to ALL EU users that have access to PSN. Any info on that, James?

Also James you should have been a nord there the bestest ;)

@vimto
Wrong! Bretons are the most cooliest, Magic FTW :3

@ruinereraser
Go to http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and go to the very bottom and click Account Management and then sign in and deactivate devices..(sorry if the site I gave you is the same as Qriocity, but it don’t seem to say it anywhere)

bashforking 19 November, 2011 @ 8:52 pm   7

so every console i sign into with my username that i dont use anymore i have to diactivate?

James Gallagher 21 November, 2011 @ 9:37 am

Any new games or DLC you download from now can only be used on two of them. I’d say it’s always worth deactivating consoles you don’t use.

maddogarchie64 19 November, 2011 @ 9:30 pm   8

your all wrong, as long as you call your character Bruce Dickinson it doesn’t matter what race you are. Even if you do look like a crazy cat.

Talking of crazy cats I’ve been playing saints row 3, it’s awesome but I still think skyrim is better, but professor gankie or whatever he’s called is coooooooooool

hey james

how do i become amoderator?

ruinereraser 19 November, 2011 @ 11:25 pm   10

@millgate1: thanks for the suggestion, but it’s still the same, see this: http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/regions

The old Playsation My Account area is still down, and that’s where I’ve added my PS3 and PSP systems with serial numbers – and that’s where the deactivation tool should be.

I know Sony’s changing things because of Qriocity, but it’s not an excuse for shoddy service like this. They have no problem with taking away or limiting features, but when it’s down to promising something, it’s way too often delayed or not delivered, especially in SCEE region, which is sad.

supersmith2500 20 November, 2011 @ 10:21 am   11

One thing, why is PSN down?

Please don’t say it’s those hackers AGAIN!

supersmith2500 20 November, 2011 @ 10:35 am   12

If it’s those hackers again. I’m going to scream!

I can’t even sign in anywhere, Their site and heck even my PS3. O_O

Can we talk about why PSN is down again? error code 8071053D this morning for everyone? Useless!

James Gallagher 21 November, 2011 @ 9:43 am

Sorry about the small connection problems on Saturday morning. It lasted around an hour and a half and I hope it didn’t affect your weekend’s gaming too much.

manutreble 20 November, 2011 @ 11:10 am   14

How come the Psn is down just now it working be4 10 30am BST now is not 2 of my psn friends are still on .??

CoolRichy008UK 20 November, 2011 @ 11:19 am   15

same wrror code 8071053D

before i got that it says offline for mantenance so anyone else worried il just say this just wait till its back online or go on ya pc and moan about it

ruinereraser 20 November, 2011 @ 11:26 am   16

Same here, error 8071053D and no info from Sony EU even on twitter, we’ll probably hear about it on Monday as they finish work Friday 5pm and comeback Monday 9am and they don’t care for anything that happens between in terms of communication. Shame.

CoolRichy008UK 20 November, 2011 @ 12:04 pm   17

i heard it might be back 10.30pm o well i might as well play on transport tycoon :D on pc.

games i wanna see on the psn soon

street racer
rollcage 1
transport tycoon
worms pinball
worms blast
worms 1 original

james or who ever if u bring these to psn il be happy :D

CoolRichy008UK 20 November, 2011 @ 12:06 pm   18

anyone cant log in till later or tomorrow

go on ya pc and play ya games ive got 80 to play :D so im ok and anyway if psn gets longer updates in future after xmas 2011 il be on my android and my yamaha keyboard :D so im sorted

i still dont regret getting skyrim.

SalmonCannon 20 November, 2011 @ 12:26 pm   20

well im logged into pns on my ps3, all i did was just keep trying to get online, and its worked :D

maddogarchie64 20 November, 2011 @ 12:31 pm   21

i think PSN might have been under maintenance

manutreble 20 November, 2011 @ 12:43 pm   22

Whoo im back online :D !!

:D online ftw.

CoolRichy008UK 20 November, 2011 @ 3:48 pm   24

woo i got back online before you lot and skyrim sucks gta wannabe.

anyone who got saints row 3 who used code to get online u can get Saint row 2 free next week

Full-Metal-Fang 20 November, 2011 @ 8:29 pm   25

Argonian FTW! Disease free and water breathing can’t lose.

James Gallagher 21 November, 2011 @ 9:44 am

I don’t really go in the water and I always have a decent potion stock. I wish I had goner for a wood elf because of bow skills and pointy ears.

maddogarchie64 20 November, 2011 @ 10:05 pm   26

yay a free game, even though I’ve already got saints row 2, it would make more sense to give us the first one for free instead

chrisandsheva 20 November, 2011 @ 11:04 pm   27

so i just clicked the link to see whats wrong with the skyrim save file size, am i reading the article correct as it says, ps3s specific problem/solution, i mean is it just the ps version that lags?, only it just seems like most every game made is modelled to work better on ‘that other box’, even if the skyrim prob is a multi platform one, all to often it is ps3 owners who’re ending up with worse looking/performing games, i know it was harder for devs to make games on the ps thus meaning more expensive, so more often than not we end up with ported games, But the devs have had over 4 years now to ‘learn’ to make use of the ps3s power, yet nothing?, they’re still making games for the xbox 1st, then if we’re lucky we get a ok version ported to us, i’m no tech head but i know that 4years in that business is more than enough time for them (devs) to have figured how to give us the ‘real’ (or working) vers of a game, then either port it to xbox or just design it seperately, to cut it short it is a blatant con, they ask the prices there asking for games but deliver a lesser product, .. though nobody here needs to be told that.

JOSH_4_TONII 21 November, 2011 @ 9:46 am   28

since update my profile want save automatically to sighn in network and also i still can’t play mw3 onlne come on playstation or activison some answer and don’t say try website no info on whats going on all they have to report is about elite

James Gallagher 21 November, 2011 @ 10:09 am

You’ve got to give me more than 14 minutes! You’re going to need to provide more detail for someone to identify your problem. Best thing to do is post on the customer support forums or call the helpline. Full details of how to do all that are here: http://bit.ly/rudFIV

JOSH_4_TONII 21 November, 2011 @ 10:01 am   29

see what i mean no reply ask a simpe question you get a answer

JOSH_4_TONII 21 November, 2011 @ 10:56 am   30

james i purchased mw3 on day of release i tryed to play mw3 onlne but i could not join message server down please try later i understand that alot of gamers were also doing the same but now monday 21 november and i still can’t play mw3 onlne even after 2 updates . port changes on router don’t work mw2 , blackops use same server as mw3 my service provider say they have no issues with there service . i tryed activison help line no help.

James Gallagher 21 November, 2011 @ 11:27 am

Just follow the link in my previous comment and post what you just said on our technical support forums. RabidWalker should be able to help you from there. Hope you get it resolved soon.

deadsleepx 21 November, 2011 @ 11:04 am   31

James any news on the missing dlc content from Heavy rain? its been over 6 months and we’re still waiting :(

Perhaps i’m being stupid but I can’t deactivate any of my PS3s on the websites linked above. I have 2 dead ones I’d liked to remove but there is no way too.