Posted 5:00pm

Jak And Daxter Collection Delivers The Original Trilogy To PS3 In HD

Greetings all, hopefully you’ve been getting to spend some quality time with Uncharted 3 these past few weeks. We are grateful for all the positive fan feedback and thank you for the support.

I’m not here today to talk about U3 though. We’ve been getting many, many requests asking when Jak and Daxter will be coming to PS3, and I’m happy to announce that they will be making their PS3 debut this February with the launch of Jak and Daxter Collection.

JAK_1_SCREENSHOT_08

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

The Jak and Daxter Collection features three of our favorite Jak and Daxter titles- Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, Jak II and Jak 3 – all remastered by Mass Media, working closely with our team at Naughty Dog. With the launch of Jak and Daxter Collection, you’ll be able to experience the adventures of Jak and his Daxter in 720p High Definition with crisper visuals, smoother gameplay animation and in full stereoscopic 3D. And, I’m sure all of you hardcore collectors will be happy to hear that each game in the trilogy features full PS3 trophy support.

JAK_2_SCREENSHOT_19 JAK_2_SCREENSHOT_05

Jak II

The Jak and Daxter franchise set a benchmark for the platformer genre with its huge environments and gaming freedom. In fact, it holds 7 world records in the Guinness World Records: Gamer’s Edition 2008 including the First Seamless 3D World in a Console Game. As you can imagine, there’s a lot of love for the franchise here at Naughty Dog, and it has a very special place in our hearts. If you can believe it, the Jak and Daxter franchise will be celebrating its 10th anniversary this year on December 4th and we’ll be checking in with you via the PlayStation.Blog to help us celebrate. In the meantime, let me know your favorite Jak and Daxter memories in the comments and be sure to stay tuned to the blog to for the latest Jak and Daxter Collection news.

JAK_3_SCREENSHOT_09 JAK_3_SCREENSHOT_27

Jak 3

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

81 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Finally! Thank you. :D

Yay! I loved Jak 3. Never really played the first two but if I get this HD Collection I’ll definitely give both of them a go.

Mmmm looks tasty!

iriihutoR48 21 November, 2011 @ 5:08 pm   4

Yaaay! Now all we need is a Jak 4! Thanks for making this collection happen I’ve really been hoping for it for a while now!

Will it have an option for both inverted and standard camera control? That’s the only thing putting me off replaying them on PS2.

jakster123x 21 November, 2011 @ 5:11 pm   6

YES, YES, YES!

Evan I love you! Are you guys handling the collection?

A_Nonny_Moose 21 November, 2011 @ 5:11 pm   7

Only 720p? And let me guess, 30fps right?

jakster123x 21 November, 2011 @ 5:12 pm   8

Sorry, I was so excited I barely read the post. XD

Titchy_Penguin 21 November, 2011 @ 5:13 pm   9

crash bandicoot and uncharted are both awesome but never played this so will probs preorder

somethingatt 21 November, 2011 @ 5:14 pm   10

You guys were epic at game design with Crash and Jak with wacky and super fun and varied gameplay design.
Uncharted is epic in a similar sense, but lacks the gameplay oomph your previous titles have (cover & shoot- yawn).

So I hope with this remake, you get to working on another Jak & Daxter or a similarly themed game.

jakster123x 21 November, 2011 @ 5:16 pm   11

Actually watched the video now and it looks amazing!

toxic-inferno 21 November, 2011 @ 5:17 pm   12

Is it bad that this, a HD remastering of a fairly old series, is now my number one most-looked forward to game of 2012??

RedeyedRonin 21 November, 2011 @ 5:17 pm   13

ok so question as this isn’t my thing really who would win in a deathmatch jak & dexter VS rachet & clank? (i h8 rachet & clank) and are these game seen as adventure or platformers? back in the day i ignored them because i thought they were platformers am i wrong am i right? please assist me loyal fans.oh and fyi i love crash bandicoot (only platformer besides abe’s odessey i have played) & i love uncharted of course

CRASHBASHUK 21 November, 2011 @ 5:19 pm   14

RATCHET AND CLANK Original Trilogy To PS3 In HD RATCHET AND CLANK Original Trilogy To PS3 In HD RATCHET AND CLANK Original Trilogy To PS3 In HD RATCHET AND CLANK Original Trilogy To PS3 In HD RATCHET AND CLANK Original Trilogy To PS3 In HD RATCHET AND CLANK Original Trilogy To PS3 In HD RATCHET AND CLANK Original Trilogy To PS3 In HD RATCHET AND CLANK Original Trilogy To PS3 In HD RATCHET AND CLANK Original Trilogy To PS3 In HD RATCHET AND CLANK Original Trilogy To PS3 In HD RATCHET AND CLANK Original Trilogy To PS3 In HD RATCHET AND CLANK Original Trilogy To PS3 In HD RATCHET AND CLANK Original Trilogy To PS3 In HD RATCHET AND CLANK Original Trilogy To PS3 In HD
PLZ

RedeyedRonin 21 November, 2011 @ 5:20 pm   15

daxter i mean daxter ok the spell-checkers can relax

Now for a Crash Bandicoot HD Collection LOL Jks.
But seriously, where is Crash? His last game was ‘Mind Over Mutant’ which was released like 2 years ago. If only Naughty Dog still had him…

toxic-inferno 21 November, 2011 @ 5:23 pm   17

Regarding my favourite memory, has to be either the final boss of the first game, or possibly the massive scene in the third game (I think), where the space station is being ripped apart around you. Such an impressive scene for a game of its time, and clearly set the way for Uncharted!

almighty-slayer 21 November, 2011 @ 5:24 pm   18

Never played any of these so very much looking forward to doing so :)

Gameblade 21 November, 2011 @ 5:27 pm   19

I love the progress in the game, form the young adventures guy, to the with superpowers gunshooting bad-ass.

Cyberendpunk 21 November, 2011 @ 5:27 pm   20

OH THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !

Finally I can play my favourite platforming duo on PS3! The first J&D is hands down the greatest platformer I have ever played.

Captain-Ultima 21 November, 2011 @ 5:30 pm   21

As a huge fan of the Jak and Daxter series and as a bit of a trophy addict i do have to say that this is the greatest news i have heard this year.

But even if i would never hear the end of this i do have to say one thing… No Jak X? That game was fun as heck.

ippogrifo 21 November, 2011 @ 5:32 pm   22

It’s difficult to choose a favourite moment…but I still remember the desert area from Jak 3, and in particular the “platforming” sections with the jumping buggy!

MohdAKsnake 21 November, 2011 @ 5:34 pm   23

NICE! :D, First Sly, then Jak and Daxter and this means Isominiac will do the same for Ratchet and Clank hopefully!

Already knew about it, but this is great. Getting this on release date. Hopefully it’s an early February release so I can have something to play while I wait for Vita!

Gilgamesh29 21 November, 2011 @ 5:38 pm   25

Excellent news. When can we expect J&D 4?

I found out on eurogamer.net that mass media will be handling the conversion with support from naughty dog

Titchy_Penguin 21 November, 2011 @ 5:40 pm   27

no chance of crash bandicoot with trophies????? still play it but would be nice.

Been waiting for this, best stuff ever!

Hope you make a 4th/5th game :)

Wahoo, :D

First Sly, now Jak and Daxter. Awesome!
Now all we need is Ratchet and Clank.

SeparateEntity 21 November, 2011 @ 5:58 pm   31

Oh yeah! The original Jak and Daxter was one of my favourite PS2 games back in the day. I never got to play 2 and 3, as my PS2 broke. I can’t wait to buy this collection!

Excellent news!:P I missed them in the PS2 days(sorry i was/am a R&C fan) :D But i want to play these 3 games;)
+ At the moment i am playing ‘The SLY Trilogy HD’ :P And that is amazing(i missed that last gen to)

All i want now is a -

‘TimeSplitters HD Collection’ :P PLEASE! SOMEONE! DO! IT!!! :P ;) :D

maddogarchie64 21 November, 2011 @ 6:01 pm   33

awesome!!!!!!

Timothyke 21 November, 2011 @ 6:01 pm   34

Is there any chance for a Ratchet & Clank trilogy inc in the nearby future? Would love to see one off those ^^

That would be insominac’s/sony’s decision to make if they want a ratchet & clank hd collection to come to ps3 and they will have to find a developer who want to do it, but I would like to see a collection to come out

SmokingGnuMkII 21 November, 2011 @ 6:13 pm   36

What about Jak X? Don’t tell me you’re ignoring that?

divine1000 21 November, 2011 @ 6:15 pm   37

Loving the CLASSICS HD titles. The Sly, GoW, ICO & SotC remakes have all been great.

Don’t get me wrong, these games were awesome! But if you’re asking for my favourite Jak & Daxter moment… it would have to be Jak X. :) Oh, and yes – Uncharted 3 for GOTY!

Guri_Tricolor 21 November, 2011 @ 6:15 pm   39

want!

SmokingGnuMkII 21 November, 2011 @ 6:18 pm   40

Thinking about it, you’d probably do a second collection with Jak X, Daxter and The Lost Frontier like with God of War

RemyX-1988 21 November, 2011 @ 6:24 pm   41

As a huge fan of the series, I can’t wait to re-play the first three adventures! Of course, my favorite remains “Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy!”

But please don’t forget to remaster “Jak X: Combat Racing”, “Daxter” and “Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier” for PlayStation 3 after this collection hits store shelves in four months. Even though those could be seen as the lesser games, you shouldn’t forget about them. :)

That reminds me that I really should pic kup the SLY collection!!! Oh and thanks for finally releasing this!!!(doh you could have choosen another month,you no february=PSVITA LAUNCH)

60 FPS like the originals?

VitalogyPJ 21 November, 2011 @ 7:04 pm   44

Hmm it’s good to have this trilogy on the PS3 but doesn’t feel like a good remaster to be honest. Not if we compare the sly trilogy from the ps2 and the HD version for the PS3, this one kinda looks the same as the ps2 version.

Plankton1975 21 November, 2011 @ 7:25 pm   45

Roll on Feb!

Please don’t mess this up….easily some of my fave PS2 games, played them out of order after an online friend bugged me into trying them…so finished Jak II and then Jak 3….but never got around to finishing The Precursor Legacy even though I loved it. She’s been bugging me to get a 360….but again I can fire off more proof why I’m happy to stick with the PS3. They might be remakes….but give me Jak and Daxter over any 360 exclusive any day.

Naughty Dog…I love you! Hopefully a new Jak and Daxter game is in the works too….

Domino2097 21 November, 2011 @ 7:28 pm   46

shame about no jak x as well :-(

Very good news. I will be buying it of course and with FF XIII-2, Vita and Mass Effect 3 at the start of March.

Christofbuzzin08 21 November, 2011 @ 8:10 pm   48

Yes! Naughty dog’s greatest games are coming back. Ahh the nostalgia of my childhood is coming back, day one purchase!

Juhal_1234 21 November, 2011 @ 8:56 pm   49

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, WOO THANK YOU FOR LISTENING TO THE FANS OMG WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ARE YOU JOKING IS THIS REAL PLZ PLZ LET THIS BE REAL SONY JUST THANK YOU LONG LIVE PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW WE NEED RATCHET AND CLANK TRILOGY OH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM HAPPY IT LOOKS AMAZING DAMN NAUGHTY DOG IS THERE SOMETHING YOU CANT DO????????? LOL JUST THANK YOU SONY sorry for caps im too happy

JAK AND DAXTER 4(ever)!