Posted 30 November

Exclusive Look At New Characters In New Yakuza: Dead Souls Trailer

You may have heard that Yakuza: Dead Souls is coming to PlayStation 3 in March 2012. Like Yakuza 4, the game will let you play as four characters, including two never-before-played fan favorites: Goro Majima and Ryuji Goda. It’s a Yakuza experience like none other, because this time, you’ll be fighting a horde of blood-thirsty zombies.

The undead are multiplying and filling the streets of Tokyo’s red light district. The area is quarantined quickly, but degenerates into a district full of terror, panic and devastation. Survivors try to flee the city, but four men rise up to protect those they care most about. If you think zombies are bad, meet the Yakuza.

Playable for the first time in Yakuza: Dead Souls, Goro Majima is nuts about zombie movies. He’s so excited to be killing off zombies that when you’re playing as Majima, you’ll be picking fights with zombies, instead of just merely defending yourself. Now that’s bad ass.

You probably thought Ryuji Goda was dead after Yakuza 2. But you’d be wrong, and not because he’s a reanimated zombie back to munch your brains. He’s more interested in cooking you some takoyaki at a street stall. In case mysteriously reappearing from the presumed-dead for some yummy fried octopus is not ridiculous enough for you, you should know that his prosthetic arm can transform into a gatling gun. You’ve never been able to play as Goda before, and it’s not something you’ll soon forget.

Your returning Yakuza favorites, Shun Akiyama and Kazuma Kiryu, will also be packing some heat: Akiyama specializes in dual handguns to protect himself, and Kiryu, not one to skimp when it comes to strength, will have a very special gun of his own.

Play as your favorite character, grab an attractive hostess to be your butt-kicking sidekick and arm yourself with your favorite gun or whatever item is within reach – chainsaws, bicycles, fire extinguishers, desks or anything else you can pick up. It’s time to fight some zombies!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

18 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first

this is just a blog post from SCEA so basicly no use asking anything cause never any reply. and they should have kept the yakuza title the same dead souls sounds so lame cause they zombieĀ“s not ghost.

This store update this week looks a little strange….

iriihutoR48 30 November, 2011 @ 4:50 pm   3

One of my most anticipated games for next year which you can witness in my avatar.

Catkiller1 30 November, 2011 @ 4:51 pm   4

@ James

When members start using my PSN ID on other sites, using slander & offensive material, then I think that constitutes a ban on PSN surely??

Getting on my nerves now!

yes james why store is updated today tuesday it look like a regular store update but without Ps1 classics.

for godsakes stop flagging my posts it every single 1.

EternalChaos72 30 November, 2011 @ 4:53 pm   6

Where is the PSS update??????!!!!!!!!

looks cool , i <3 zombies

@EternalChaos72 its been live for almost a hour now, jump on ya ps3 and have a look

EternalChaos72 30 November, 2011 @ 5:00 pm   9

@jonnypauz i thought that it hasnt updated yet cuz there was no heads up sorta thing on ere avatars is the only thing that interests me everythin else is pants

Falcon1991 30 November, 2011 @ 5:07 pm   10

I love the atmosphere I got from the Yakuza 3 demo I played.

I’ll have to pick up Y3 and 4 sometime, as they were fun.

jin_kazama56 30 November, 2011 @ 5:31 pm   11

i played the demo for this. epic game

Noisepurge 30 November, 2011 @ 5:32 pm   12

Release date for Yakuza DS in Europe yet? :D

Shadowdragoon 30 November, 2011 @ 6:46 pm   13

I am normaly dead tired (pun definitly intended) of zombie games, but ill make a exeption for this. ;)

Honestly, I’m not convinced by a Yakuza zombie shooter but I’m happy to be proven wrong.

That aside Yakuza 3 & 4 were both great games but unfortunately I missed out on the earlier entries on the PS2.

So, whilst not really something Sony can action it would be great to have a Yakuza 1 & 2 HD Collection.

Anyone else interested in this?

Lord_Gremlin 30 November, 2011 @ 9:00 pm   15

God, always takes so long to get Yakuza games in PAL territories. Definitely buying this once it’s released here.
But what about Kenzan!?

I dont like the Zombies… Since Yakuza 5 is confirmed I hope it will not take so long to release it in europe too…

I would like to play Kenzan too! It’s by far more interesting than the Zombies-spin-off …

moneill83 1 December, 2011 @ 2:41 pm   17

If you got a Japanese PSN account, you can go onto the Japanese PS Store and download a demo of this game, it’s been on there a while now.

Great!a