Posted 9 December

Buy a 12 Month Plus Subscription by December 11 And Receive Jurassic Park: The Game For Free

Hello everyone, I hope you’re all gearing up for the end of the year.

As promised some time ago, I’m here to let you know that there’s a limited time subscription bundle that will not only get you one year of PlayStation Plus, but also includes a free download of Jurassic Park: The Game – Full Series (Episodes 1-4), the new PSN adventure from the masters of episodic gaming: Telltale Games. This is a great chance to get in on all those games you receive as part of your subscription, great discounts on new and classic titles, and access to exclusive features and game content.

Jurassic Park: The Game releases mid-December on PSN in SCEE territories. Launching in four separate episodes, or available as one bundle, this journey brings you dangerously close to the prehistoric inhabitants of Isla Nublar while exploring stories of mankind visiting some of nature’s most powerful and fearsome creatures. The result is an unforgettable journey that manages to capture the spirit of what made the films so special.

Due to the delay in the launch of this title in SCEE we’ve taken it upon ourselves to reward our newest subscribers retroactively as an early Christmas gift.

Anyone who has purchased a one-year subscription to PlayStation Plus since the 23rd November 2011, congratulations to you because you’re now eligible to receive a free download of Jurassic Park: The Game – Full Series (Episodes 1-4), worth €19.99, when it releases on PSN in SCEE. Existing subscribers can also purchase a one-year subscription to Plus, which will stack upon your existing subscription. You’ll be guaranteed access to all the benefits of PlayStation Plus, and get an amazing game that’s yours to keep even after your subscription expires.

And more good news – if you haven’t purchased yet, there’s still some time. You have until midnight 00:00 GMT on December 12th (to clarify, this means as December 11th becomes December 12th) to grab a 12-month subscription and take us up on the offer.

Eligible subscribers will receive an email with a voucher code to your registered PSN email address once the game has released, so make sure communications from us are not hitting your spam folders and make sure your registered email addresses are active.

And if you’re fully stocked up with Plus and don’t feel like taking up this particular offer, all Plus subscribers can purchase Jurassic Park for 25% off during its first week of release, at a cost of €14.99 and equivalents.

A note for our Australia and New Zealand consumers – the game will not be releasing in your territories alongside the main store release as Telltale Games are still working on organising the age ratings in your markets. You can still take part in this promotion, as once the game is released in your territory we’ll send your voucher code, and those who don’t take part in this offer will have the opportunity to pick the game up at 25% off for the first week as with all other territories.

See you later guys and enjoy your free game!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

122 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first

CRASHBASHUK 9 December, 2011 @ 12:07 pm   1

arr i just renered last tuesday :(

Ross McGrath 9 December, 2011 @ 12:10 pm

Would that be Tuesday 29th November? If that’s the case, you’re eligible my friend. :)

When will you fix the problem where a lot of PS+ subscribers have lost access to the content from the previous subscription period when the stacked on subscription started?

Customer service has dodged the problem for months offering us only a poor excuse of a simple refund instead of actually solving the problem getting access to our content back…

A thread detailing the situation can be found here (on the official Playstation forums): http://tinyurl.com/bmoklrj

Ross McGrath 9 December, 2011 @ 2:35 pm

Hello Bjarno86, and to anyone else who has been affected by this issue.

This is a problem that we’re aware of and that we’ve been following for some time. We’re currently working with SCEI to resolve the issue and I’m informed that we hope to have news on this pre-Christmas.

Once I know more then I will make sure you’re updated via community channels.

@1

Which means you get Jurassic Park for free, anybody who purchased a subscription from the 23rd of November is eligable.

WandererWDR 9 December, 2011 @ 12:13 pm   4

Hello, does it mean this offer won’t work in Russia because we don’t have 1-year subscription option but only 3-months subscription?

Ross McGrath 9 December, 2011 @ 12:15 pm

I’m afraid that the offer is specifically tied to 12-month subscription purchases.

Benjamin81 9 December, 2011 @ 12:19 pm   5

Finally, i’ve been waiting for this for quite some time. Time to become a Plus member.

@2

Seconded!

This is bad. Why Russia is again overboard because of its ridiculous 3-month-only subscription?
It is not right!

Morning, I have a question regarding my Plus subscription renewal. My subscription will terminate mid-March; if i renew it today, will i lose the next three months? Many thanks!

Ross McGrath 9 December, 2011 @ 12:23 pm

No, the extra time you purchase will be added to your three months and the end date will update accordingly.

so we getting JP this month then.

kudos Ross I been reading that JP for 360 be out in 2012 it only fair that 360 get to taste of delay stuff but it’s own fault with it’s go on mine 1st policy lol :D

unfortunately i can’t buy 40 quid sub i bought alot of stuff, however i always like telltale games i bought S&M BTS, so my fab devs gets my next money. :)

CRASHBASHUK 9 December, 2011 @ 12:37 pm   10

oh kk thanks and it is the 1 year sub hehe :)

Skydancerx 9 December, 2011 @ 12:37 pm   11

Are there any Details von PLUS Content for VITA Users?

seriously?

two days?

that’s all the notice we get?

this is a joke right?

@Ross Please chase down an answer to my above question, or at least acknowledge that your team is still working on a fix for the problem, but don’t have an ETA yet when the fix will be applied.

Skydancerx 9 December, 2011 @ 12:38 pm   14

Oh and why is my Avatar and PLUS ICON not Displaying in the BloG?

JonnyPauz 9 December, 2011 @ 12:40 pm   15

What is with the ratings in Australia, we suck.

nice.. but where the F is my code for payday the hist – from the PLAY deal.. preordered evry F game…! but when payday came.. i did not get a code. contactet “Playstation Hotline Nordisk Film” on mail. said it would be on its way.. thats back 10/11… what the!

ohh and great deal for anyone getting plus. a free game is a free game.. when you get it

Looks like sweet deal Ross. Just putting my leathers on to ride into the city to pillage my bank account to get my subscription money. :)

SellKidz4Chips 9 December, 2011 @ 12:46 pm   18

Where can i see when my plus will end?

@ SellKidz4Chips, i think you’ll find it in your services list under your account management.

Silent_Gig 9 December, 2011 @ 12:49 pm   20

how about more then two days notice?

CRASHBASHUK 9 December, 2011 @ 12:50 pm   21

tt games sure like ps+ people they offerd sam and max season 3 for free any news if they plan to offer season 2 for free?

TINTINTB303 9 December, 2011 @ 12:55 pm   22

Haha, are you being serious with this “offer” as I just read the Official Playstation Magazine,com’s review of this game via the link to the right on this very page! Well anyway I’ll just say “4 out of 10″ and let people take from that what they like…

SellKidz4Chips 9 December, 2011 @ 12:55 pm   23

Also HAHAH Warhammer christmas deal at store for 35€
Its 15€ at Zavvi

Hey look new psn + members gets even more christmas stuff and we who have been with ya from the begining just get a normal update….

TINTINTB303 9 December, 2011 @ 1:04 pm   25

I repeat, 4/10 by OPM UK. Sounds like an absolutely terrible game. Why not give people a half decent game?? More people may sign up for a 12 month subscription than just test the waters with 3 month stints or would you (Sony) prefer that as it costs more in the end if people did it in 3 month chunks rather than a straight up year?!?

Salty_Snake 9 December, 2011 @ 1:07 pm   26

A voucher code, eh?
well, they worked so well last time…

TINTINTB303 9 December, 2011 @ 1:15 pm   27

@ Kivi95 Why are you bothered as it sounds like an awful game anyway. It’s meant to attract new subscribers and encourage people who already subscribe to sign up for another 12 months so you can still partake in this terrible offer even if you are already a PS+ subscriber. If you really want to that is… God knows who would actually be attracted by such a shoddy looking/souning game!!

AProphetofFortun 9 December, 2011 @ 1:41 pm   28

With this and that 12 days of xmas thing it makes it a good time to get a plus subscription if you already haven’t.

green_shorts 9 December, 2011 @ 1:53 pm   29

Its a shame ps+ is garbage had enough of that crap the xmas plus update was the last straw

Does this mean Jurassic Park will be available next Wednesday?

DEATHWISH2478 9 December, 2011 @ 2:04 pm   31

you have got to be kidding this game is rated the lowest rating age wise yes in australia they have to wait what do they think they will deny this game as its R OR MA conent lol even jurassic park movie in australia got a PG.

Chocobo115 9 December, 2011 @ 2:08 pm   32

Already is subscribed to Dec 2012 or 13 if i remember correctly…
*cough*giveitforfreetolongtermmembersanyways?*cough*

fredrikselvig 9 December, 2011 @ 2:09 pm   33

I renewed my subscription on november 18, am I in?

What about something for the people who are already spending their money on a sub?

Getting a bit sick of all the deals for the new customers and Sony forgetting about their core userbase.

robbenslb 9 December, 2011 @ 2:23 pm   35

@32 No, only people who subscribed since Nov 23rd are in.

Skydancerx 9 December, 2011 @ 2:26 pm   36

@frodouk: Omg… its your problem when you renew your Sub. Everytime there are Reneawl Deals. I renewed 12 Months for 39,99 Euro, that was a deal. I think Plus User get enough good Games. Also this is a great Advertising for New User like the Christmas “Present” with Previous Plus Games for new Users. Sony gives the Game also to User the renewed after 23Nov. this is also a good Deal. Sony cant extend the Period for ever, this would not make sense.

Go to a Mobile Carrier with your Contract they really shi… on Customers. Only the New Ones get Benefits.

Sry 4 my bad writting skills.

M3RL1NS_N3M3S1S 9 December, 2011 @ 2:44 pm   37

would have been nice to throw this in for long time subscribers to counter balance the 12 free games new users are getting.

I would stack my subscription to get this but 2 days notice to pluck €50 out of the air in the run up to christmas is not enough time :(

@Ross Thanks for getting back to me with good news.

Keep up the good work :) (I’m loving my PS+ subscription since Day 1, except for this little issue)

so this problem of loosing content once your subscription runs out even though you add more to your PS+ subscription, this is a problem for me because i use the cloud saving a lot, i just hope to god my save data doesn’t go, this problem shouldn’t be happening and this is such short notice too (regarding Jurassic park)

ducky1549 9 December, 2011 @ 2:52 pm   40

JP the game is a quick action game and is very short,basically go here press this button,this button and this button then that part is over, no movement of character’s is possible, tbh it ain’t worth the cost of purchising the 12 month sub to get it free, i bought this game on pc and it’s not as good as it showed in the trailers

Catkiller1 9 December, 2011 @ 2:59 pm   41

@ M3RL1NS_N3M3S1S

I agree! :(

27# I’m not just thining about this offer. I mean all the 12 free games that they are releasing for free for us psn + members and they have all been at psn + before. So that offer is also only for newcomers.

@HUYI

You don’t lose your cloud saves. You lose access to the free content (games and such) downloaded from the PS Store on your previous subscription when the stacked on subscription takes over.

IKMB_Fw_STANDARD 9 December, 2011 @ 3:37 pm   44

damn it ross your timing sucks i just bought mortal kombat arcade kollection deus ex dlc n the saints row the third packs so now i cant subscribe*bursts into tears*

MidgetOlympics 9 December, 2011 @ 3:41 pm   45

Quick question , will the buy 12 months get 3 free offer be back anytime soon ?

‘I repeat, 4/10 by OPM UK. Sounds like an absolutely terrible game’

Well, actually 4/10 would suggest that it’s slightly below average ;) though I guess with most ‘reviews’ 8-10 is good, 7 is average and anything less is s**t.

How much will the full series cost?

IKMB_Fw_STANDARD 9 December, 2011 @ 3:56 pm   48

or my timing sucks…take your pick

Connor_mufc_1985 9 December, 2011 @ 3:56 pm   49

at the risk of sounding like a troll how come scee got 2 days notice when scea got a lot longer and also after the payday debacle im suprised your using “voucher codes” again scee lol

Could someone please answer this, I just can’t seem to find a concrete answer. I am aware that the “free” games no longer become “free” if your subscription ends. But if you then reactivate your account say three months later would those “free” games I had in the past become activated again? or do you lose them for good?

Secondly I’m on a rolling three month subscription. Do I just cancel the automatic renewal for the three months and then take out a 12 month subscription, is that how it works? Would appreciate if someone can let me know, don’t want to be charged for two different subscriptions.

Thanks