Posted 9 December

Ghostlight To Release Agarest: Generations Of War 2

I’m delighted to reveal that Ghostlight will be working with the wonderful people over at Idea Factory and Aksys to release the magnificent Agarest: Generations of War 2 in Europe, as part of one of fabulous Collector’s Editions.

The Story:

One day, the world was enveloped by a mysterious blinding light. The destruction it caused was terrible, even as the light itself was sublime in its beauty, and it made those who witnessed the awesome display think of the unrestrained rage and fury of the divine.

The central continent, from where the light is believed to have originated from, went silent, while at the same time demons began to spread throughout the world like a plague. Amongst the survivors of the catastrophe, that fateful day became known as the “Day of Light.”

002003

Sometime after the events of the Day of Light, a young man by the name of Weiss, who had lost all memory of himself, encounters an enigmatic woman named Eva, who introduces herself as an Agent of the Divine. It is from her that Weiss learns that he has committed the grievous sin of deicide, and that in order for him to atone for his crime he is to become the “Vessel” in which the power of the divinity he had slaughtered will be stored. For it will be that power that will be used to resurrect the one whose life he stole.

For those who betray the divine will pay for their sins in the space which separates salvation and damnation, as will their progeny…

Agarest 2 features:

• Revamped Battle System: Unlike the first two games of the series, Agarest 2 battles are fought with an engaging active grid-based battle system.
  • HD graphics: Enjoy your favorite characters, environments and CGs in high-definition!
  • Mini-games: Engage in PlayStation Move compatible Bathtub, Shiatsu, and Massage mini-games.
  • New Agarest Universe: Roam freely in the newly designed world of Agarest

Agarest: Generations of War 2 is due out in 2012.

Speaking of Agarest, I’m also glad to tell you that the final three pieces of Agarest: Generations of War Zero DLC – Voice Open, Face Gallery Open and Movie Gallery Open – are now available on the PlayStation Store. So, if you haven’t already, why not head over to the Agarest: Generations of War Zero section of the PlayStation Store and check out all our DLC, both free and paid.

You can get all the news from Ghostlight over on the weekly Ghostlight Blog. You can also find us as @GhostlightGames on Twitter, GhostlightGames Facebook and our brand new, shiny Ghostlight Google+ account.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

23 Comments 8 Author replies
Show oldest first

johnleonhart 9 December, 2011 @ 1:32 pm   1

I will be sure to pick this up. I only just recently picked up Agarest GOW Zero and am enjoying it hugely. While it maybe difficult in places it is so rewarding when you finally beat a boss, and I love the long engaging tactical battles. Thanks so much for finally getting all the DLC on the EU Store too, I had been bugging Andy on the Store team to get them on! Haha :D

Cant wait to play the game.

Ross Brierley 9 December, 2011 @ 1:49 pm

Glad you’ve been enjoying Zero. I agree that the combat is a lot of fun. Can’t wait to work with Aksys again on Agarest :)

iriihutoR48 9 December, 2011 @ 1:42 pm   2

Ghostlight, I love you <3. Without you, this generation of games wouldn't be half as interesting for us Europeans. Will pick this one up definitely.

Thanks Ross & Ghostlight for bring to europe japanese games that otherwise never would appear here :)

ill pick the collectors edition i hope :) as i did with agarest and agarest zero !

hedges1001 9 December, 2011 @ 2:01 pm   4

thank you ross. it shames me my CE og GOW0 is still wrapped since getting it back in august. but love the series so far and ghostlight for enabling my SRPG addiction

belmont_gr 9 December, 2011 @ 2:04 pm   5

Thank you for bringing all these games in Europe.
Any hint on your new PSP game? When we will see Persona 2 and Legend of Heroes on PSN?

Ross Brierley 9 December, 2011 @ 2:25 pm

I’m hoping to be able to announce are new PSP game soon. I’m still waiting on the paperwork. As for Persona 2 and Trails in the Sky I believe we are hoping to release them soon but again I do’t have a date yet :)

Ross Brierley 9 December, 2011 @ 3:28 pm

Further to this I’ve just been told that Persona 2 and trails in the Sky are due out on PSN next week :)

Chocobo115 9 December, 2011 @ 2:05 pm   6

Is the translation better this time? The translation for Agarest 1 felt a bit wiierd at some times. (Has not played Zero yet)

Ross Brierley 9 December, 2011 @ 2:23 pm

Both Zero and Agarest 2 are being localised by Aksys who have in my opinion done a much better job (at least on Zero I haven’t played Agarest 2 yet)

The trailer has sold me on this game.

LiquidSolid 9 December, 2011 @ 5:00 pm   8

Looks interesting but I think I’ll go buy an Atelier game instead. Why? Well NIS actually release their DLC on our store. But hey, I can’t wait until you don’t release Persona 2 or Trails in the Sky on our store either. Really makes me look forward to the Vita.

Yes I’m bitter. I think I have a right to be given how often Australians and New Zealanders are screwed over when it comes to both releases and prices.

Ross Brierley 12 December, 2011 @ 10:50 am

We will release Trails in the Sky and Persona 2 on PSN in Australia. Sadly however they will be released in 2012 in Australia.

Great news =D Anyone know which game is best to play first for maximum story enjoyment, Agarest Zero or the first one? Hearing conflicting comments around places about this =S

Yesterday I get an email confirming my purchase of 12 months Playstation Plus. Apparently this is the auto renewal of my subscription. My subscription which isn’t due till March 2012. I call up yesterday and am told the system is down and there is nothing I can do. I email and am told it can only be sorted over the phone. I call today and am told I have to wait 2 working days for someone to call me back and talk about it. I wanted to spend that money on 12 days of Christmas. Absolute thievery and I miss out. If you’re on the fence I don’t recommend using this thieving service.

RemyX-1988 9 December, 2011 @ 9:31 pm   11

The trailer is amazing, as always! And, as I picked up both the NTSC/UC and PAL-versions of the previous games, I’m sure to pick this one up, too! But please let the Collector’s Edition contain a full soundtrack and artbook… I love those! :D

DAYDANNY666 9 December, 2011 @ 10:08 pm   12

The Game looks crap and first impressions are everything and then I don`t just think the game crap but the makers of the game as well that why I will never buy saints row 3 or Skyrim.

I’ve got the other two Agarests too. So this one should be in my collection. Good you guys are placing these kinda games in Europe as well. Otherwise we need to import stuff, blablabla, tax, blablabla, Japanese language, blablabla. This is much better.

What about a Collector’s Edition?

Hi everyone. This is Ross from Ghostlight. Thanks for all the comments. I don’t have my proper login here as I’m at home but I thought I’d address some of your points.
@LiquidSolid I’m aware the situation with Australia has been far from ideal in the past. However we have been working to correct that and Persona 3 Portable was after too long a wait I know finally released in Australia recently. I will look into the situation with Trails in the Sky and Persona 2 when I get into work on Monday.

@MiapherX I don’t think it matters too much there are a few references in Zero that you won’t catch if you are unfamiliar with the first game but in my opinion they both work on their own.

@RemyX-1988 & @Maulerr Everyone loves artbooks :). We’ve not decided on our Collector’s edition yet but I will push for an artbook and soundtrack.

spider777 10 December, 2011 @ 7:48 pm   15

Are there English voice actors in this one

WilliamBirkin 10 December, 2011 @ 11:23 pm   16

Any english voice over in it?

Ne0Astar0t 11 December, 2011 @ 1:15 am   17

Makes me want to pick up a PS3. On a different topic, knowing you’ll be working with Aksys gives me a very sure grasp of what the PSP game is gonna be, and that is just bliss~*_*

@Spider777 & WilliamBirkin I’ll check for you when I get back into work.

@Ne0Astar0t As much as we enjoy working with Aksys we’re also happy to work with other US publishers.

Artemisthemp 11 December, 2011 @ 3:32 pm   19

@15&16 Voice is Japanese

Artemisthemp 11 December, 2011 @ 3:33 pm   20

Can’t wait to pick the US and EU Collector’s edition of this game up (already have JP LE) and getting a Move, just because of this game.

LiquidSolid 11 December, 2011 @ 7:08 pm   21

Thanks Ross for the answer. I’ve been a fan of you guys ever since you localised SMT Nocturne/Lucifer’s Call but I think you can understand how frustrating it is to not receive some games.

I’ve got a quick question though. Seeing as you’re publishing Trails in the Sky, is there any possibility you guys could get the Ys games and Wizardry on our PSN as well? I’d love to play them but XSEED don’t seem to care for Aus/NZ.

Ross Brierley 12 December, 2011 @ 11:05 am

No problem. Believe me I can uderstand how frustrating it is for you. We’re are definitely trying to improve the situation with Australia but as I’m sure your aware there is still some improvements that can be made.

I’ve posted a reply to your previous comment about an Australian release for Trails in the Sky and Persona 2. As for the the XSEED games I’ll talk to some people here and see if we can do anything on that score.

Artemisthemp 12 December, 2011 @ 12:08 pm   22

@9 Agarest Zero –> Agarest War for best story.

LiquidSolid 12 December, 2011 @ 11:25 pm   23

I appreciate the effort and the replies Ross. Thanks.