Posted 5:47pm

Season’s Greetings From PlayStation Home

On Thursday 15th December from 8AM BST PlayStation Home will be briefly offline for scheduled maintenance. Here is what to expect when PS Home reopens…

The festive seas on blasts into PlayStation Home this like a gale force wind, bringing games , quests,
rewards, and plenty of wonderful, wintry fun for all. Of course, no Christmas would be complete
without a special event, which is why we have called in favours with our friends Snowman, Snow Bear,
and some very special guests for what is sure to be the celebration of the year.

Winter_1280x720.PierPark_1280x720

Your journey begins in the brand new snow-covered Pier Park, where a collection of quests will
unravel in the coming weeks and which will reward players with exclusive items and collectibles only
available from this limited-time event. Start by going to the Activity Board to start your first quest, then catch a boat from Pier Park to transport to this chilly locale where Snowman and Snow Bear will
provide clues that will lead you throughout a vast winter wonderland filled with tons of surprises.
Complete all the quests to unlock a variety of special rewards that will leave your inventory bulging
with awesome Yuletide mementos!

Curious about the PS Vita? Wondering how it will revo lutionis e the world of gaming? Well fear not if you are, because this week you will find a PS Vita hovering in Home Square which will allow you to sign up to Inside PS Vita and get all the latest inside information on this new console. You will also be rewarded for your curiousity with a pair of PS Vita Halos (his and hers) and a brand new PS Vita sofa. Be sure to hang on to your halos… You never know when they might come in handy!

Glade_151211_1280x720

New Year, birthday or just a general celebration? Have the ultimate fi reworks party without bothering
the neighbours in the Midnight Glade personal space from Lockwood. The open grassy fields with
their gently sloping hills and spreading oak tree may seem idyllic, but just wait until you unleash a
pyrotechnic display on that dark sky! There’s plenty of space for dancing and watching pretty lights
explode across the heavens, while the campfi re area provides the ideal spot for chatting and
barbecuing.

The Glade even comes with 16 picture frame slots and has its own special Gift Machine, so you can
thank your guests for com ing by sending them a gi ft or two (and they can return the favour!). Also, as
an extra bonus, if you throw a party with more than 8 people, you and your guests will receive the
Supernova Fi rework reward. So what are you waiting for? Get your friends together and have a
fireworks party this New Year!

This week in Sodium2 sees the second part of the Payback Update with the int roduction of brand new
fuel additive and frame upgrades for your velocity racer! If it’s sheer speed you’re after then you can
now turbocharge your racer with a selection of new fuel additives. Shave precious seconds of your
best Sodium2 run with these indispensible additions to your Velocity racer set-up.

For those of you hankering after the perfect racing line, you can now upgrade you r crafts frame to
provide previously unmatched levels of stability. Head to Sodium2 this week and show your rivals
who’s boss with these new awesome upgrades!

NinjaLandscapeBillboard copy

From nDreams, the Ninjutsu Warriors have arrived! Choose from the three fantastic outfit types:
Apprentice, Assassin or Master. All have their own unique look but the Assassin and Master outfits
contain custom moves, allowing you to creep silently through the shadows or back flip outrageously
out in the open. The Master outfits come with glowing weapons, so choose your outfit and fulfill your
destiny!

urbancamo_121211_1280x720

Other updates this week include some cosy Christmas clothing bundles from Billabong. But not
forgetting our Home comrades down under, they’ve handily created some summer content for those
that fancy spending Christmas on the beach! This week’s offering from Codeglue consist of some
super-slick televisions – in 3 different sizes. Also, if you’re feeling sporty, have a look at the new
athletes’ torches (complete with flame) available in the Cardboard Carte l store now. Konami bring us
some new sneaky out fits in their Urban Camo range – hide in plain sight as post boxes, bushes, bins
and barrels!

That about wraps it up for this week. See you in PlayStation Home!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

71 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
Retro_1973 14 December, 2011 @ 6:21 pm   1

Finally! :D Merry Christmas HOME!

loonytoon1982 14 December, 2011 @ 6:23 pm   2

Very nice! Glad to see that there’s still more to come in the form of Christmas and definitely looking forward to getting in to see this.

As a quick reminder though, be sure to remember that PSN and Home will be down for maintenance tomorrow from 4PM to 2am UK time.

jakster123x 14 December, 2011 @ 6:25 pm   3

Woo! Great update!

coooooool

Great update. I’ve been waiting for this years festive festivities to start.

DANTHEMAN121 14 December, 2011 @ 6:37 pm   6

Sweet update very nice way to end the year with on PSHome.

EPIC WIN

Merry Xmas to everyone at SCEE

SirJake_Brookes 14 December, 2011 @ 6:39 pm   7

Pier Park FTW Thank You PSH team & Merry Christmas to you all.

Yeeeeeeeessssssss 16 picture frames……

oh wait we can’t use our pictures from our HDD like SCEA can.

as for the firework place didn’t it say it be free no word to say it’s free more like a buy space get 8 to join get free fireworks display for your bought space.

* but i welcome the introduction of the quest system with pier park.

we got here in the end.

VitalogyPJ 14 December, 2011 @ 6:58 pm   10

I want R/C mini game :(

thunderking1981 14 December, 2011 @ 7:04 pm   11

hi james you are the best wow so we are getting a pier park i gotta see this thank you so much a very cool update i like it 100/100

JonnyPauz 14 December, 2011 @ 7:08 pm   12

Yay, didn’t think we were going to get a christmas space this year so this is just plain awesome, merry christmas.

thunderking1981 14 December, 2011 @ 7:15 pm   13

hi james you are the best wow so we are getting a pier park i like it 100/100 thank you so much a very cool update so if i had 8 friends will i get the fireworks? i like fireworks BOOM POP remember you can replied me anytime merry christmas and a happy new year ps do you like fireworks and chocolate?

residentSteve 14 December, 2011 @ 7:30 pm   14

A great update to my idea!
I’m glad to see even more Christmas cheer being added to Home!

VitalogyPJ 14 December, 2011 @ 7:46 pm   16

@#12 Then why waste time comment in here? -_- *sigh*

I used Home about 3 times and every time nearly killed myself due to boredom.

Maybe it’s just me, but I can’t understand the point of it.

Perhaps it’s a girl thing to waste time choosing outfits for an avatar and running around making it dance or sit, nothing against, I just don’t get it.

Can someone tell me what am I missing?

Verry good update, pier park here i come!

Lol i got a small ps vita for my avatar back in the E3 booth :D

residentSteve

“Home boring to many good games to play at the moment why would I want waste time playing this?”

read what you put dude, lol it makes no sense and if you dont like it dont comment, simple lol haters are wierd people.

Bugside

Well playstation home is for you to relax and play small games with friends in. Its not for violence, i can understand its not for evryone as you need pacience for ps home, but i enjoy it..always have :D

Best pshome update for a very long time, Fireworks space and bundle sounds to good to be true & I cant berlive my eyes that we got the pier park! Ninja customes is a no no.. Update 99/100 :)

sounds like some pretty nice additions to playstation home can’t wait

Liquid-Funk-X 14 December, 2011 @ 9:26 pm   23

LOL its about time our arabic brethren from dear old KSA were supported with the introduction of Bhurkkas, even if they are “ninja” suits. Well done N-dreams hahaha

great update!

I was expecting more than new spaces for Home for the apparent “big fix” thing. Quests might be fun.. but our guys still walk and move all stiff like, and the textures of our dudes totally need a fix.. perhaps less restrictive sliders too.

Immortal-Wolf- 15 December, 2011 @ 2:51 am   26

What? no winter wonderland space no helping the elf`s this year.

Tell me James did Santa die this year on playstation home.

R.I.P Santa died in 2011 on playstation home. I guess Jack Frost is happy now on playstation home as santa got Snuffed.

oOo-khaled10-oOo 15 December, 2011 @ 4:08 am   27

yes yes

So I have a genuine problem and I get no reply. Is this the thanks I get for being a loyal customer since the PS2 days???!! No wonder I appreciate Nintendo more.

shedboy90 15 December, 2011 @ 6:35 am   29

finally….. the pier has come to P S home
if ya smell what sony r cooking

any one know what time its back on???

SirJake_Brookes 15 December, 2011 @ 9:56 am   31

@ 26 lol for comment but it’s pretty sad we didn’t get winter wonderland this year but pier park with snow it’s sweet update for new year & outfits look cool especially british red post box. My ratimg 100%. Wing Commander of RAF Seven Squadron Sodium one. Nice work PlayStation Home Team & Christmas next week FTW

born2destroy 15 December, 2011 @ 11:28 am   32

Oh i love home at christmas

Catkiller1 15 December, 2011 @ 12:36 pm   33

@ SirJake_Brookes

What do you mean, Wing Commander of RAF Seven Squadron Sodium One?

Last week you stated, Squadron Leader Air Vice Marshall?

Catkiller1 15 December, 2011 @ 12:38 pm   34

If you’re trying to state that you’re an officer within the RAF, then you’re telling porky pies ;)

Catkiller1 15 December, 2011 @ 12:49 pm   35

@ SirJake_Brookes

I’ve only used HOME a handful of times, so I take it that is the name of your Group/Clan?

Is Sodium One worth downloading then?

if theres elves a santa and free giant candy cane then im in

if theres elves a santa and free giant candy cane swords then im in

supersmith2500 15 December, 2011 @ 4:01 pm   38

What the? PS Home is down for maintenance. :(

supersmith2500 15 December, 2011 @ 4:05 pm   39

Also in speaking of maintenance, it said it would be down at 8AM and now it’s gone into unexcepted maintenance. Someone tell me why did it go into that without notice???

SirJake_Brookes 15 December, 2011 @ 4:27 pm   40

@Catkiller1. Sodium & Sodium two are best PlayStation Home games & My Club hence name is Sodium one & I’m club Leader so my ranking system is RAF 1 & I was in army but left this year. I hope this has answered your Questrion.

Furiekins 15 December, 2011 @ 4:32 pm   41

Still absolutely no sign of a resolution to those of us who have had our Playstation Plus subscription contract broken.

DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO PLAYSTATION PLUS!

Merry Christmas indeed with a swift kick in the teeth to ardent supporters of Sony!

Catkiller1 15 December, 2011 @ 4:37 pm   42

@ SirJake_Brookes

Thanks for the info :)

I should have picked them up when they were on offer. Might look into it further me thinks ;)

I was wondering about the Officer ranks you were using, as I served in the RAF.

GlassReaver 15 December, 2011 @ 4:38 pm   43

Yeesh waited all day for Home to come on and now after 20 mins on it goes off again….

Ah I shouldn’t complain, the winter event wasn’t working properley, wasn’t popping up with any messages from the snowmen, but was working for a friend of mine, so they to fix that bug. ALSO the horns and handbags still havn’t shown up, so need to fix that too.

supersmith2500 15 December, 2011 @ 4:40 pm   44

@#41
Should of warned me since I subbed last year.

SirJake_Brookes 15 December, 2011 @ 4:41 pm   45

PlayStation Home could be offline for PSN maintenance from now to 2am tomorrow. It’s just a thought

Furiekins 15 December, 2011 @ 4:49 pm   46

supersmith2500 Sorry it’s a late warning. When you come to renew, may as well not bother as there’s a very good chance of the subscription not working and you losing all the content anyway. Save yourself the £40 and months of phone calls to Sony who won’t budge to help or understand you at all – despite it’s them that have broken the contract.

SirJake_Brookes 15 December, 2011 @ 5:05 pm   47

PSH is offline probably to fix winter event & James please tell us what’s going on.

SirJake_Brookes 15 December, 2011 @ 5:21 pm   48

ok & I’ve seen that happen before some drunk person stole his m8s uniform & found it funny to impersonate him. police didn’t find it funny so he was arrested.

CoolRichy008UK 15 December, 2011 @ 5:26 pm   49

hey all GlassReaver reported ps home and thanx to that Brainless fool we gotta wait till 2 am for it to be fixed i got all 5 rewards from snow space but no free pet and no talking snowmen and if GlassReaver ever reports ps home ever again i will smack his ps3 till it explodes me and others are angry

SirJake_Brookes 15 December, 2011 @ 7:43 pm   50

does anyone actually know why PSH is offline if you do then please say so because I can’t access PSN maintenance page on my PS3.

Load all