Posted 22 December

PlayStation Vita AR Cards Bundled Free At Launch

With the PlayStation Vita launch in Japan last weekend and the PAL launch in February next year we hope your anticipation levels are building nicely.

Today we’re happy to bring you a couple of pieces of PS Vita news, starting with confirmation that your PlayStation Vita will come bundled with six AR Play Cards and a voucher code to download three AR games, all for free. Those games are called Table Football Cliff Diving and Fireworks. Augmented Reality is going to be a big part of the new gaming experiences PS Vita has to offer and you can get an idea of how in this video we shot for Inside Vita:

In other news, we can confirm that the recommended retail prices (RRP) for PS Vita game cards, that’s boxed copies of games that you buy from physical retailers. We have a fantastic line-up for launch available at a range of prices between €29.99 for exciting new IP’s that utilise the unique feature set of PS Vita and €49.99 to experience your favourite blockbuster PlayStation games in a brand new way.

Here’s how that breaks down:

• Uncharted: Golden Abyss – €49.99/£44.99/$69.95 AUD/$89.95 NZD
  • ModNation Racers: Road Trip – €39.99/£34.99/$54.95 AUD/$69.95 NZD
  • Everybody’s Golf – €39.99/£34.99/$54.95 AUD/$69.95 NZD
  • WipEout 2048 – €39.99/£34.99/$54.95 AUD/$69.95 NZD
  • Unit 13 – €39.99/£34.99/$54.95 AUD/$69.95 NZD
  • Little Deviants – €29.99/£24.99/$39.95 AUD/$54.95 NZD
  • Reality Fighters – €29.99/£24.99/$39.95 AUD/$54.95 NZD

PS Vita memory cards are available in three sizes and will be priced at the following:

• 4Gb Memory Card – €19.99/£17.99/$26.95 AUD/$34.95 NZD
  • 8Gb Memory Card – €34.99/£31.99/$44.95 AUD/$59.95 NZD
  • 16Gb Memory Card – €49.99/£44.99/$64.95 AUD/$84.95 NZD

And here are the peripherals that will be available at launch:

• AC adaptor – €9.99/£8.99/$12.95 AUD/$16.95 NZD
  • Portable charger – €49.99/£44.99/$64.95 AUD/$84.95 NZD
  • USB cable – €9.99/£8.99/$12.95 AUD/$16.95 NZD
  • In-ear headset – €19.99/£17.99/$26.95 AUD/$34.95 NZD
  • Starter kit – €24.99/ £21.99/$34.95 AUD/$44.95 NZD
  • Travel kit – €29.99/ £25.99/$39.95 AUD/$49.95 NZD

That’s all for now! Stay tuned to PlayStation.Blog for more PlayStation Vita news and, for the best way to keep up to date sign up for Inside Vita and let the news come to you.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

189 Comments 9 Author replies
Show oldest first

ShogunDarius 22 December, 2011 @ 7:22 pm   1

what happened to the 32GB memory card?

Yeah, great launch line-up but good luck with selling Uncharted at 50 euros.

Agamer2006 22 December, 2011 @ 7:27 pm   3

I like the prices for games like wipeout but Uncharted does sound abit dear, even with PS3 not costing that much

Adam Grant 22 December, 2011 @ 7:49 pm

Our aim for PS Vita was to offer a fantastic line up of games for launch and give you as much choice as possible. We think we have an amazing line-up of titles for launch at a range of competitive prices

Yup Cards too expensive , games too expensive , games need to be 30quid max and knock at least a fiver off the top two card sizes

darkerviper 22 December, 2011 @ 7:32 pm   5

i like the lineup for the vita defiantly going to get one now.

Adam Grant 22 December, 2011 @ 7:39 pm

Thanks darkerviper, we think it is a great line-up. And you can add all the PSN titles that will be available at launch to list above

Mem cards are a bit of a rip off since you made most of the actual interesting games require the damn things!

Seriously why do that?

Is Gravity Rush going to be a retail title when it releases or just PSN only?

nemesisND1derboy 22 December, 2011 @ 7:35 pm   8

OK guys, a few problems/questions here…

1. Why aren’t the 32GB cards going to be available? They are available in Japan and will be in the U.S., as per their blog post.

2. Will the first party games be available on the 15th, as they are in the U.S., for us lucky sods that won a Vita and get it a week early?

3. No case available separately? Again the U.S. are getting two different cases at launch.

4. Since when does €19.99 for the 4GB card = $19.99 as in the U.S.? $19.99 is €15, why do we have to pay the extra €5?

Some really awful decisions here guys. Awful, awful decisions.

Adam Grant 22 December, 2011 @ 7:51 pm

Hi nemesisND1derboy

The RRP in Europe of the PS Vita Memory Cards includes all sales tax and any other local taxes that are incurred. In the US, the prices given do not include the local sales tax, which in most cases put the prices in line with each other.

On the cases we have a great range of providers that will be bringing PS Vita cases out at launch.

nemesisND1derboy 22 December, 2011 @ 7:37 pm   9

Also, are you going to announce the full launch lineup like the U.S. has, or do we just assume we’re getting the same titles?

Do you guys actually co-ordinate with the U.S. team at all?

Will the starter pack include à 4 gigas MC like in the USA ?

Adam Grant 22 December, 2011 @ 7:43 pm

The 4GB PS Vita Memory Card is only included in a special bundle in the USA, it is not included in the standard PS Vita launch pack.

KillerXp82 22 December, 2011 @ 7:43 pm   11

Until I see some prices of bundles packs I’m not sure if I will be preordering it. The memory cards cost far too much, you want us to buy games on psn but charge a fortune for the memory cards to store them on it makes no sense.

what abouth escape plan? any price known yet??

Like a few others, why not release the 32GB cards here to? I wanna go mostly digital with the PS Vita. I assume that if I import a 32GB card, it will work right?

HiddenAway 22 December, 2011 @ 7:45 pm   14

@ nemesisND1derboy

They announced that a while ago

OK so i will buy the starter pack in US…

@nemisis have you compaired US v EU/UK for 8gb thats even worse

Do we speak about the same thing ?

For those of you looking for a complete solution, a Starter Kit will be available for $39.99 (MSRP), which includes a 4GB Memory Card, Pocket Pouch, Protective Film, Card Case, Headphones, and Cleaning Cloth. Standalone Memory Cards will start at $19.99 (MSRP), providing plenty of options for storing games and save data, videos, music, photos and more.

tom1234321 22 December, 2011 @ 7:47 pm   18

1. Is PS+ going to be on Vita or any plans for it?
2. Is the in-ear headset same as the pre-order bonus?
3. What’s in the starter kit?
4. Are the pre-order/launch bonuses for every single PS Vita owner who pre-orders it as none of the retailers are advertising these bonuses.
5. Why are the memory cards so high in price?

Could you please answer as many as you can, thanks. Merry Christmas. :)

KC-alpha-14 22 December, 2011 @ 7:48 pm   19

Are retailers going to have game bundles?

EfcJonny123 22 December, 2011 @ 7:49 pm   20

45 pounds for Uncharted Golden Abyss… says it all really… I bought UC3 for 39.99 and you want 5 more pounds for a HANDHELD game… Rip off. Also where is the 32gb memory card?

Ok, where did the 32GB card go? Please release that, I need all that space. The prices are good :)

Adam Grant 22 December, 2011 @ 7:52 pm

Hi V_Ben, at this time we are not planning to launch with the 32GB PS Vita Memory Card

nemesisND1derboy 22 December, 2011 @ 7:51 pm   22

@Adam yes, you announced the first party lineup, but not the third party… as the U.S. did. I’m sensing a pattern here.

Compare the two blog posts that were posted, the U.S. and EU ones. Massive discrepancy.

Have answers to any of my other questions? Like where are the 32GB cards? Early availability of first party software and accessories?

mrfight67 22 December, 2011 @ 7:51 pm   23

£9 for a usb cable? isnt one included in the box?

Adam Grant 22 December, 2011 @ 7:55 pm

Hi mrfight67, yes the USB cable is the box. This is just incase you a need a spare.

may I ask why there is no Im-built memory even a little?

Seems a bit silly there’s no in built when some gamers require extra memory ><

Pre-ordered plus Wipeout !!!!

I imported a vita, will I be able to buy AR cards separately?

mrfight67 22 December, 2011 @ 7:54 pm   27

£9 for a USB cable? Doesnt one come in the box?

I think people should be warned that you cannot even play certain games without a memory card.

tommasoted 22 December, 2011 @ 7:57 pm   29

please release the 32 GB card. why not at launch?

Hi, can you answer where is the 32GB card?

Thanks

Why no 32GB card? come on at least give us the option.

I have to say I am stoked for the vita, but I want a 32gb card and I am REALLY pleased I got uncharted pre ordered for £28. The £45 rrp is £10 more than I have paid for ANY PS3 game since I joined the party a few years ago.

Have to assume that 32gb cards are supply constrained since they sold out in Japan hence no UK launch. Sucks that once again the EU gets stiffed despite being stronger than any other region.

And what of digital games being discounted like in Japan? Many are between £4 and £8 off the rrp. Not that that would be enough to sell me uncharted at that rrp. £30 I am happy to pay and we are fortunate that most UK retailers completely ignore these rrp.

European_Gamer 22 December, 2011 @ 8:05 pm   33

It would be nice to se what the Starter Kit and Travel Kit really are.

I planned on buying a Vita on day one, but you’re really making it hard for me here.

No 32 GB cards for Europe? No Vita/Mac connectivity? No reasonably converted prices?

On top of that, I can’t see any UK prices. >_<

randellaUK 22 December, 2011 @ 8:11 pm   35

I have a vita now I was hoping to get a 32gb card in the uk but now seeing no uk release I have £300 ready for all digital downloads as the vita is great it stores all installs can’t sony launch a site direct from them for Color vitas ps3 consoles ect I think it would be a great marketing experience as I’m sure you would want customers with exclusive Sony products for themselves.

Nice line up. Can not wait.
But what happened to the 32GB cards?
More memory means more games = more money for Sony.

KillerXp82 22 December, 2011 @ 8:17 pm   37

I just notice Ridge Racer for PS Vita is £15.82 on Amazon, I preordered it but I’m not sure it comes out on Feb 22 like Amazon says.

Connor_mufc_1985 22 December, 2011 @ 8:17 pm   38

mehhhhhhhh @ these prices id rather save up for ps4 and next box and tbh id rather buy Nintendo Wii U than a Vita anyway

Just import the memory cards, guys. Shipping will be next nothing anyway. Things like not having the 32 GB card in Europe is just silly.

who could get hyped about the Vita very low battery life and it seems 2 have massive problems at japan launch touch screen sometimes not responding, it seems 2 freeze a lot. 1 account,can´t play ps1 and other archive games at launch and if what i read was correctl it won´t even play some psp games.

aaronwalkeruk 22 December, 2011 @ 8:21 pm   41

best to remember these are most likely the rrp prices. Take ps3 rrp’s, store never usually stick to them. Zavvi is looking reasonable. Memory card prices are dodgy though…

aaronwalkeruk 22 December, 2011 @ 8:22 pm   42

Re 32gb cards, import from Japan, same hardware so should work fine.

aaronwalkeruk – I think it will be much cheaper to import from the US.

uncleniccius 22 December, 2011 @ 8:26 pm   44

Any information on lbp? Thought i’d say this is the best console launch line up ever and mine is already ordered! Good work.

aaronwalkeruk 22 December, 2011 @ 8:26 pm   45

@rajala ah, thought US were being shafted as well. Will be getting a mate to send one over the :)

Artemisthemp 22 December, 2011 @ 8:27 pm   46

I would have brought a 32GB card, but guess I now have to import from US or Japan.

I wonder, why Protective film ain’t on the list

humanfish 22 December, 2011 @ 8:30 pm   47

Slightly over priced, but thats par for the course. What do we expect.

A couple of questions. Can memory cards bought in the US (i.e., the 32GB cards)be used in EU Vita’s? And these AR cards, can users make there own if a template was provided? All you’d need is white paper and a black marker right?

@aaronwalkeruk Most likely, but the yen is quite strong. Well, I just checked to be sure: it’s marginally cheaper in Japan. Freight will probably be a little more? I guess it will end up roughly the same.

Chaosprower 22 December, 2011 @ 8:30 pm   49

I use a subaccount on PS3 and PSP, will the PS Vita support subaccounts? I heard it’s only compatible with one account.

After getting the Vita and 16gb card, it will be awhile before I can afford to buy games. I had planned on buying only DD games.

But seeing the price of boxed games, (Uncharted: Golden Abyss – £44.99), along with the usual markup the PSN equivalent gets, it’s going to be a cold day in hell before I can get games on their release date

Load all