Posted 23 December

PS Vita Rooms – Full Schedule

Well, you’re lucky. I was going to insert a video of me singing Christmas songs on SingStar into this blog post by way of wishing you a merry Christmas, but my boss thought it would detract from the message. Your ears (and windows) are saved! Merry Christmas though – I hope you have an excellent one whatever you’re getting up to.

On to the point, earlier this month I teased you with the announcement that the PlayStation Vita Rooms are coming to select cities in the UK, giving you the chance to get intimate with the portable gaming beast-machine that is PS Vita.

Spotlight_VitaLaunchDate

Since then we’ve put together a really, really sweet schedule of events for you to get involved with. Aside from fiddling with PS Vita and an awesome array of games to your heart’s content, we’re also throwing ace competitions, opportunities to meet developers, PlayStation Access community nights, the FIFA Interactive World Cup Live Qualifiers and live performances from artists such as Bashy into the mix.

So – just how do you get involved with all of this?

First, check the dates and places below. Find the city nearest to you then click the link to check out the full schedule of events. With the exception of the PlayStation Access community night and the FIFA Interactive World Cup Live Qualifiers, there’s no need to register or sign up for anything… just rock up to the venue and get playing!

PS Vita Rooms: Manchester | 13th – 18th January 2012
Venue: 63 Deansgate, Manchester | Map: http://g.co/maps/tfq8w
Full Schedule: http://www.facebook.com/events/201780686574904/

PS Vita Rooms: Glasgow | 23rd – 29th January 2012
Venue: 211 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow | Map: http://g.co/maps/pja2a
Full Schedule: http://www.facebook.com/events/160562060712115/

PS Vita Rooms: Birmingham | 3rd – 9th February 2012
Venue: TBC (Keep your eyes on the schedule below for updates)
Full Schedule: http://www.facebook.com/events/322906947720810/

PS Vita Rooms: London | 17th – 26th February 2012
Venue: TBC (Keep your eyes on the schedule below for updates)
Full Schedule: http://www.facebook.com/events/288025424567347

Other cool stuff you should know about

Access Nights at the PlayStation Vita Rooms

We’re throwing a special event at each location exclusively for the PlayStation Access community. Places are limited and you can enter a prize draw for a pair of tickets over on our Facebook page: http://facebook.com/playstationaccess

FIFA Interactive World Cup Live Qualifiers

One for the FIFA fans! These events are your ONLY chance to proceed in the FIFA IWC tournament without duking it out online through FIFA 12. Prove your worth against other FIFA 12 pros in this competition and you’ll qualify for the second stage of the tournament. Places are EXTREMELY sought after and we’ll be announcing details on how to get involved on our Facebook page soon, so keep ‘em zesty.

PlayStation Vita Pre-ordering

At all of these events, you’ll be able to submit your pre-order for a PlayStation®Vita console. Our staff will be on-hand to explain the process and answer any questions you might have too.

The Games!

Shockingly, I nearly forgot to include this. Here’s a list of everything you’ll be able to play at the PS Vita Rooms. There may even be a few extra surprises along the way too:

• Modnation Racers Road Trip
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • Little Deviants
  • Super Stardust
  • Top Darts
  • Everybody’s Golf
  • Gravity Rush
  • WipEout 2048
  • Hustle Kings
  • Escape Plan
  • Reality Fighters

Coming along? Join us on our Facebook page for regular updates and info on the PS Vita Rooms events and to get involved with all the other sweet stuff that PlayStation Access does.

See you at the PS Vita Rooms!

MB

</li>

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

27 Comments 7 Author replies
Show oldest first

almighty-slayer 23 December, 2011 @ 12:02 pm   1

Shall very possibly see you in Birmingham :D

MusterBuster 23 December, 2011 @ 12:07 pm   2

Hey guys, there’s a bit missing from this blog post so I’ll fill you in here…

You’ll also be able to pre-order PS Vita at the event and our staff will be on hand to answer any questions you might have. We’re also running a special night for the PlayStation Access community at each venue with developer appearances, you can register for that here: http://www.facebook.com/playstationaccess?sk=app_340105859337675

Plus! We’ll be hosting the FIFA Interactive World Cup Live Qualifiers at each venue. I’ll announce further details on that as soon as they’re available.

MB

i so can’t afford one, but need one. it’s not good. damn you nathan drake.

ShadowDoGGG 23 December, 2011 @ 12:12 pm   4

Will PSV allow for ps+ cloud saving? I don’t want to have to buy a PSV propitiatory memory sale

Titchy_Penguin 23 December, 2011 @ 12:16 pm   5

i doubt it but I might be able to get to go to the birmingham one…

I wish this would come to Newcastle, everywhere on here is too far to travel =(

uncleniccius 23 December, 2011 @ 12:20 pm   7

Great events, well done! :) Shame not in Bristol but I can wait till the 22ND of Febuary to get my mitts on it. Any info on LBP’s release date, not in the previous schedules so can we have an eta (say 2nd quarter?)

Connor_mufc_1985 23 December, 2011 @ 12:27 pm   8

SCEE i have an idea lol i dont want a vita … to expensive imo but games like uncharted golden abyss and unit 13 could be sold on ps3 for full price after they’ve been out on vita for a year? (when nobody playing em anymore )

Is it only the Access Nights we get a chance to win the Vitas? It’s my mums birthday on the 23rd of Jan. and I can’t exactly go off and leave her :P. At any rate I will be appearing at one of the Open Days after Uni classes :D.

HiddenAway 23 December, 2011 @ 12:34 pm   10

Oh, so Everybody’s Golf is in the Manchester one? If so, I’ll try and go there :)

HiddenAway 23 December, 2011 @ 12:41 pm   11

Good! I saw it missing from the Manchester FB page so thought it wasn’t going to be there…

maddogarchie64 23 December, 2011 @ 12:59 pm   12

y u no nearer to Plymouth?

montytransformer 23 December, 2011 @ 1:12 pm   13

No Dublin? Come On!

arfan_al1 23 December, 2011 @ 1:24 pm   14

just seen the prices crazy prices espcli for memory cards

im confused by the whole prize draw bit.

on the facebook page they said it was on a first come first served basis for tickets to the party.

so is it first come first served or a draw?

i just ask as i signed up within 15 mins of it going live on Wednesday :)

MusterBuster 23 December, 2011 @ 1:50 pm

Everyone who actually attends the party will be entered into the prize draw – to do that you need to apply for an invite, which are offered on a first come, first served basis ;)

Will other countries get some love too? Us Aussies like trying things out before release too you know. Will resistance burning skies be one of the “surprises”? Can’t wait to play that its been far too quiet since its announcement at E3!

@MusterBuster

hey its you :) your the nice chap who thanked me for my christmas message to you guys :) hope you all have a great christmas like i said before and keep up the good work :)

sorry that was sandy_man lol

SamsonTHEsam 23 December, 2011 @ 2:20 pm   19

Is this only in Great Britain? How about scandinavia?

SamsonTHEsam 23 December, 2011 @ 2:21 pm   20

Will there be any events in Scandinavia? Say Denmark?

MusterBuster

HEYO, if its SCE-UK does that mean you will come to dorset soon?

prycestation3 23 December, 2011 @ 3:04 pm   22

hey how much will the PS Vita cost in the u.k?

We we won’t have 32GB memory cards?

Typical, no events in Devon, again. Why do we always get left out? We have at least two relatively large and busy cities. Exeter and Plymouth, where I’m from. It doesn’t make sense. We can’t all get up to Birmingham or London just like that.

KillerXp82 23 December, 2011 @ 8:40 pm   25

I’ll probably be able to go upto Birmingham & if I do I’ll go on a week day.

But what I want to know is how is it going to be set out? Is it going to be like it was at EuroGamer Expo because if so that’s not worth my time, queue up for ages & then have to pick a card to see what you get to play/try for 5mins.

Also how big are these events/How many Ps Vita’s are they going to have there?

YER_MAW_JUST 24 December, 2011 @ 4:14 pm   26

Already pre-ordered mine and i will definitely be going to the Glasgow event.

Subject91 28 December, 2011 @ 1:02 am   27

No north east events either. How come everything skips past us? I’d have to travel at least 100 miles to the closest one. Middlesbrough or newcastle would have been nice :( ah well