Posted 5:30pm

Happy Holidays From Naughty Dog!

Before 2012 rushes upon us we wanted to take a moment to say Happy Holidays from everyone here at the Naughty Dog kennel!

2012 newyearcard_F_01

As you can see from our holiday card we’ve welcomed Joel and Ellie from The Last of Us into our cast of characters to play among with Drake, Sully, Elena, Chloe, and our UNCHARTED personalities. The year has brought about tremendous change as Naughty Dog has grown into a two team studio for the first time in our 17 year history. This shift is terrifically exciting as it signals an expanded talent pool in which we can share ideas, know-how, and techniques. As future projects evolve, we will continue to strive to maintain our high Naughty Dog standards and always endeavor to do whatever it takes to raise the bar for gaming.

2011 was a grand adventure as we shipped Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception in November to widespread critical acclaim. We are grateful of all the recognition we’ve received for the title, ramping up at E3, continuing throughout development and into post-launch with some pretty awesome accolades from numerous media sources. Currently we’re working on some fresh DLC for UNCHARTED 3 and we will be sharing complete details about what you’ll be getting and what’s in store for all members of the Fortune Hunters’ Club in the New Year. Be sure to check back on the PlayStation Blog for details within the first few months of 2012.

The studio also has been teaming with high fives and buzzing with energy via the hype caused by the announcement of The Last of Us at the 2011 Spike Video Game Awards. If you haven’t seen the trailer yet, be sure to check it out as every frame hints at the kind of gameplay features and atmosphere you can expect to see in the full game:

Apart from all the activities around our big new game reveal, some of the Dogs have been on well-deserved breaks for the past couple of weeks, either taking some personal time off or spending time with the friends and families who we didn’t see much of during the development of UNCHARTED 3.

Co-President Christophe Balestra is currently taking his first vacation in 10 years (!) while Co-President Evan Wells is heading up to Portland to spend time with family. Amy Hennig, Creative Director on UNCHARTED 3, is spending time with family as well. Bruce Straley, Game Director of The Last of Us, intends to catch up on Shadow of the Colossus, Skyrim, and Rage over the holiday break. Neil Druckmann, Creative Director on The Last of Us, has similar intentions as he’s looking forward to playing Skyrim and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. Justin Richmond, Game Director on UNCHARTED 3, plans to play Skyrim, hang out with family and make a special trip to an awesome Pirate-themed restaurant. So if pirates crop up in the brand new UNCHARTED 3 DLC that’s coming out down the road, maybe we can all point at Justin’s pirate-themed restaurant visit as the wellspring for that content…or maybe not.

Over the holidays Arne Meyer will be trying to make a dent his gaming backlog. Me? I’ll be hanging with family, making homemade pasta, and will be consumed with trying to sneak away to watch recently released movies like Hugo, Sherlock Holmes 2, and Moneyball.

So what are your plans for the holidays?

All told the most important and critical part of our year is seeing, learning, and hearing how you are experiencing our games. Your responses and reactions are what keep us going and we can’t express how much your support helps to make our year fun and our work enjoyable. Thank you. We hope you feel our games do the same for you and your year.

Happy Holidays!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

44 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Happy holidays to all at Naughty Dog. Uncharted 3 was my game of the year, easily. Looking forward to hear about the DLC in the new year. Also looking forward to hear more about the Last of Us.

Paranoimia 25 December, 2011 @ 5:42 pm   2

I’ve been gaming a long, long time now (over 30 years), and Uncharted 3 is the best game I’ve ever played. It’s not that it necessarily does anything better than the competition, but the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

From the first rooftop chase to the end of the game, I sat in front of my TV either with a big stupid grin on my face, or with my jaw on the floor in amazement. And then the same again when I played through on Crushing for the Platinum.

My one single complaint is that there was nowhere near enough Elena!

So thank you to all at ND for giving us such an amazing experience. I look forward to (hopefully) Uncharted 4, and I’m sure The Last Of Us will be equally brilliant.

Nice one Eric Monacelli. I wish all the Naughty Dogs & everyone who reads this post a Merry Christmas.

Paranoimia, nice post. I’ve just got two easy trophies for the platinum & I too have enjoyed every minute.

PSN ID: ChazzH69

supersmith2500 25 December, 2011 @ 6:38 pm   4

Merry Christmas & Happy Hols to you too guys at Naughty Dog, you made some great awesome games and not to mention you guys rock! Crash, Jak, Uncharted and now The Last of Us. Keep up the awesome work ND.

Carnivius_Prime 25 December, 2011 @ 6:54 pm   5

Currently playing through the story mode on Crushing. Meant to do it sooner but the multiplayer is just so darn addictive. Easily the game of the year though to be honest there hasn’t been much else that’s appealed to me at all bar inFamous 2 and LittleBigPlanet 2. Looking forward to the DLC and having a go on Last of Us.

Happy Holidays guys! As mentioned in the above posts, Uncharted 3 is the best game this year without a doubt. The Uncharted series is nothing short of amazing, to say I’m super exited for The Last of Us is a massive understatement! I wish you guys all the best in the new year, and keep making awesome games for us to enamor and enjoy : )

And they didn’t invite Cutter to the party ? :(

almighty-slayer 25 December, 2011 @ 9:09 pm   9

Merry christmas and much christmas love to all :)

Comrade_CZe 25 December, 2011 @ 10:22 pm   10

Happy and Merry CHRISTMAS !
Enjoy your presents. B-)

solidmsnake 25 December, 2011 @ 11:18 pm   11

merry christmas naughty dog can’t wait for the last of us it’s going to be wicked.

Dear Naughty Dog:

When i woke up today i was given 3 games, funny how uncharted 3 was my last game (and present) to open! :D

Naughty Dog i am on chapter 3 on Uncharted 3 as i dont want to rush it like i did uncharted 2.

the multiplayer is fun but people keep stealing my kills :(

Naughty Dog if an Uncharted movie was ever made please let noland north be the actor for drake and not some wannabe drake.

True Story Naughty Dog

From DAVIE222

minimur12 26 December, 2011 @ 3:05 am   13

Hey for dlc could you add the single player bonuses like you did in uc2 (unlimited ammo and spawn guns)
That would be SO awesome and I’d play it another 5 times( I’ve already played it 4 lol) because it adds to the funnyness to it .
Please do it:) ! Even if it’s like £3 I’d get it

minimur12 26 December, 2011 @ 3:10 am   14

the only thing I can fault with uncharted 3, would be the bonuses! They were freaking awesome in uc2!!!!!!! If you put it as dlc and on the psn for like £3/5
To unlock unltd ammo and all weapons to get automatically I would play it like 8 more times! No kidding ive completed it 6 times

Immortal-Wolf- 26 December, 2011 @ 5:19 am   15

yup have a good one Uncharted 3 alot better than the rest looking forward to your Uncharted 4 playstation 4 but listen don’t panic ok take it slow.

Meth-Tical_90 26 December, 2011 @ 5:46 am   16

Happy holidays guys, can’t wait for The Last of Us!

silkycuts08 26 December, 2011 @ 9:13 am   17

Can’t wait to hear more about the last of us.love yer games and happy zmas to all of u.

silkycuts08 26 December, 2011 @ 9:15 am   18

Can’t wait to hear more about the last of us.loves ur games.happy Xmas

happy holidays

Ultima-Genesis 26 December, 2011 @ 10:49 am   20

merry christmas to everyone at naughty dog. You guys are fast becoming my favourite developers and im pretty sure The Last Of Us is going to make it certain. Many, many thanks for all the hard work you guys have put in and i cant wait to see what else you come up with.

WrestleBlog 26 December, 2011 @ 11:56 am   21

Happy holidays!

Hate to be a buzz kill but is there any news on a fix for Uncharted 3′s spinning ring of death glitch?

It corrupted my system so badly I was forced to format my hard drive and lose everything. I refuse to reinstall until a confirmed fix is released.

Thanks.

darkhorus15 26 December, 2011 @ 12:00 pm   22

Happy Holdidays to the company that gave us Crash Bandicoot :)

residentSteve 26 December, 2011 @ 12:32 pm   23

Who’s the guy next to salim?

extralife_psx 26 December, 2011 @ 6:21 pm   24

merry christmas to all the naughty dog’s and all my fellow ps3 gamers :)

btw, whats up with the mess with the product codes for the dlc’s ??
can u really expect someone’s grandma to go check if the product code fits the dlc, before she makes a purchase for her grandkid for christmas :) plz remove those lockouts!

anyways im enjoying both Uncharted 2+3 this christmas and on top of that, i grabbed mass effect 2 for cheap, so i got my hands full,
allso i’m looking forward to get jak and daxter next year and last of us when it’s done :)

keep up the very high standard’s u set in your games, we are still some who notice just that and it seems to have worked well so far :)

have a nice holiday all

maddogarchie64 27 December, 2011 @ 12:47 am   25

where’s crash?

blah

Happy holidays to all at Naughty Dog. Continue to make awesome games for ever!!!!!!!!!! Btw epic foto ^^

More Chloe please in the next game!!!

vonhammer 27 December, 2011 @ 3:59 pm   29

Will SCEE regions ever get the july beta rewards.

* Exclusive UNCHARTED 3 PSN Beta Tester Avatar – for simply downloading the Beta.
* Exclusive Beta Decal Pack 1 – for completing 10 matches in every mode of Competitive Multiplayer.
* Exclusive Beta Decal Pack 2 – for completing 5 matches in every mode of Co-operative Multiplayer.
* Treasure Hunter’s Starter Pack – for completing 4 Treasure Sets in the Beta.
* Handsome reward of in-game cash on day one – for ranking up to level 25 in the Beta (the level cap in the Beta).

I completed all requirements and got nothing.If i’m being honest,I’ve got little interest in 3′s online.Loved the beta,but didn’t like the MP experience,or what I’ve played after buying it.
I think the thing that annoyed me the most is the SP is a cover shooter,yet online turns into a run and gun punch fest.I never felt that in july,so I’m not sure what changed.

oppertrol1 27 December, 2011 @ 9:49 pm   30

happy new year

oppertrol1 27 December, 2011 @ 9:49 pm   31

happy new year

lianplay_1985 27 December, 2011 @ 10:42 pm   32

can’t wait for 2012

lianplay_1985 27 December, 2011 @ 10:42 pm   33

can’t wait for 2012

residentSteve 27 December, 2011 @ 11:22 pm   34

Who is that guy next to salim?

DessieB93 28 December, 2011 @ 3:18 pm   36

Is there any fix planned for the infinite spinning ring. Uncharted won’t load?

Also, who’s the chap beside Salim, it looks like Cutter and Sully’s lovechild

Amigaguru 28 December, 2011 @ 3:37 pm   37

thanks for all the amazing games !

looking forward to your next project!.

Lordshot141 30 December, 2011 @ 12:38 am   38

Cool!!!!! :D

Lordshot141 30 December, 2011 @ 12:41 am   39

Cool!!!! :D

Bealinator 30 December, 2011 @ 6:34 pm   40

Hello Naughty Dog,

Thank you for three brilliant Uncharted titles, and I look forward to another one in the not too distant future! All the best for The Last of Us, totally unexpected of you to make another game so soon.

I just joined the Fortune Hunter’s Club – look forward to those four map packs. A mighty good value purchase already, out of the £19.99 price tag I got around £12 worth of skins. So if you add on the four map packs that approaches £30. Not bad, Naughty Dog, not bad at all!

antuntun3 2 January, 2012 @ 11:29 am   41

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year

THE_COUNT_82 5 January, 2012 @ 4:57 pm   42

thank you for a awesome game and I can’t wait for the last of us. keep up the amazing work.

THE_COUNT_82 5 January, 2012 @ 4:57 pm   43