Posted 1:00pm

‘Heads-Up’ Game Store Update 4th January 2012

PlayStation Store (via PS3, PSP and Media Go)

Hello fellow gamers and welcome to another edition of the PSN Store ‘Heads-Up’ blog post.

Welcome to 2012, this year looks like it is going to be a big one for us at Sony with the launch of PSVita on 22nd February as well as some new (and old) games and content you have been requesting.

However sadly this week don’t have loads coming to the store this week (which after Christmas and the Festive Sale might be a slight relief for your wallets) but what we do have I think will put a smile on your faces.

First off we have All Zombies Must Die, a must have for all you twin-stick shooter, zombie mayhem fans. We also have the PSone classic Wild Arms available from today and the Batman Arkham City – Challenge Map Pack to further test your cap crusading skills.

And just to finish off, I don’t usually highlight avatars but the Warlords avatars we have coming to the store today I think look really cool, so check them out.

So that’s it for another week from me, see you in the comments, BYE!!

P.S. DISCLAIMER – Any comments I feel are disrespectful I will ignore, so please be polite.

Special Offer Selection

The Festive Sale is still going until the 11th January 2012. So jump onto the store today to check out what we have got on offer.

'Heads-Up' Game Store Update 4th January 2012

PlayStation Network new content

Full Games (PS3)

• All Zombies Must Die! (£7.99/€9.99) Rating: PEGI 16

Availability: All Locales
File Size: 313 MB

PSone (PS3/PSP)

• Wild Arms (£3.99/€4.99) Rating: PEGI 12

Availability: All Locales
File Size:  278 MB

minis (PS3/PSP)

• Tiny Hawk (£2.49/€2.99) Rating: PEGI 3

Availability: All Locales
File Size: 5 MB

Add-On Game Content (PS3)

The King of Fighters XIII

• Iori With The Power Of Flames (£3.19/€3.99)
  • Nests Style Kyo (£3.19/€3.99)
  • Unlock ‘Billy’, ‘Saiki (Human Form)’ (£0.79/€0.99)

Rating: PEGI 12
Availability: All Locales

Wizardry: Labyrinth Of Lost Souls

• Wizardry: Labyrinth Of Lost Souls Additional Scenario ‘The Red Shadow Of The Sister’ (£4.79/€5.99)
  • Wizardry: Labyrinth Of Lost Souls Dungeon Of Trials Open (£1.39/€1.75)
  • Wizardry: Labyrinth Of Lost Souls Limit Free Levels (£1.39/€1.75)

Rating: PEGI 12
Availability: Not available in Australia and New Zealand.

Batman Arkham City

• Batman Arkham City – Challenge Map Pack (£2.39/€2.99) Rating: PEGI 16

Availability: All Locales

Eyepet

• Eyepet – Lucky Dip Sunshine (Free) Rating: PEGI 3

Availability: All Locales

Motorstorm Apocalypse

• Motorstorm Apocalypse – Happy New Year Livery (Free)

Rating: PEGI 16
Availability: All Locales

Rock Band 3

• Fueled By Ramen Pack 01 (£4.99/€7.99)
    (Includes the following content, also available separately)
  • I Write Sins Not Tragedies – Panic at the Disco (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Panic – Sublime With Rome (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Pressure – Paramore (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Stereo Hearts – Gym Class Heroes (ft. Adam Levine) (£0.59/€0.79)
  • You Make Me Feel… -  Cobra Starship (ft. Sabi)  (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Billionaire – Travie McCoy (ft. Bruno Mars) (£0.99/€1.49)

Rating: PEGI 12
Availability: Not available in Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, India, Israel, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Poland, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE

Rock Band Network

• Dawn Of Spring – Christopher J (£0.59/€0.79)
  • Revenants – The Cold Goodnight (£0.59/€0.79)
  • Riptide Resort – Freen in Green (£0.59/€0.79)
  • The End Of Progress – Mystakin (£0.59/€0.79)
  • The Thief In The Night: Part I – Chaotrope (£0.59/€0.79)

Rating: PEGI 12
Availability: Not Available in Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, India, Israel, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Poland, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Slovenia, South Africa, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE

Avatars

Warlords

• Dark Warlord (£0.20/€0.25)
  • Fire Warlord (£0.20/€0.25)
  • Ice Warlord (£0.20/€0.25)
  • Nature Warlord (£0.20/€0.25)
  • Snoot Minions (£0.20/€0.25)

Studio Themes (PSP)

• Charlie’s Awfully Big Adventure Theme by Mr Bingo (£0.79/€0.99)

Dynamic Themes (PS3)

ABSTRACT

• Dynamic data stream theme (£1.59/€1.99)

GAMES

• Cubixx HD Premium Theme (£1.25/€1.59)

NATURE

• Dynamic coast theme (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Dynamic waves at sunset theme (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Dynamic winter scene theme (£1.59/€1.99)

PLACES/LANDMARKS

• Dynamic Antarctica Theme (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Dynamic City Night theme (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Scenic Toy Village (£1.59/€1.99)

SCI-FI/FANTASY

• Haunted English Castle (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Black Star Dynamic Theme (£2.39/€2.99)

TV/MOVIES

• Dynamic Old Movie Reel Theme (£1.59/€1.99)

Videos (PS3)

• Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode II Teaser Trailer
  • Access Ep 15

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

312 Comments 64 Author replies
Show oldest first
cheeky4life 4 January, 2012 @ 1:00 pm   1

Hi Andy

I will ask again as I was ignored last time

I wanted to know the current the status of Crash Bash, this game as been asked for since the beginning of last year and Ross said it would be released at the end of 2011 if it passed Q&A first time.

I just wanted to know has it has passed or failed Q&A, at least give me an indication as if it has failed then I don’t have to get my hopes high as to it getting released on PSN.

Please ask Ross to give a CLEAR ANSWER on the Status of this game.

Thanks

Andy Stewart 5 January, 2012 @ 2:22 pm

Sure thing dude, Ross is away on business this week but will try and see what I can find out.

Playtoy_17 4 January, 2012 @ 1:02 pm   2

Hi Andy

Please answer

I asked previously if you could ask Telltale games to release “Wallace and Gromit’s grand adventures” the four full episodes on PSN. These were previously released on Xbox and PC in 2009 and not PSN.

I have tried contacting telltale games but haven’t heard anything from them that’s why I asked you if you could ask them.

Anyway what did telltale games say about releasing these episodes/game on PSN?

Many thanks

Andy Stewart 5 January, 2012 @ 2:23 pm

Sadly I have not heard back from TellTale myself yet about these but once I do I will let you know. However as it does not seem to be on my schedules I can’t see it being anytime soon.

ShogunDarius 4 January, 2012 @ 1:02 pm   3

any chance of wild arms 2?

Happy new year..

I think it would be cool to celebrate the new year with a good update.. but 3 games, and then some DLC andavatars..? that is not a good way to celebrate the new year..

but at least the Plus update was great,

flip20077 4 January, 2012 @ 1:04 pm   5

Hi Andy Can you Please tell me if Jurassic Park is going to be on PSN for Australia Please I so wana play it Please help Thankyou

Andy Stewart 5 January, 2012 @ 2:25 pm

According to my sources it will be coming to Australia but when I am not 100% sure. Sorry I can’t advise anymore on this.

undergroundgr 4 January, 2012 @ 1:05 pm   6

no darksiders for us?

Andy Stewart 5 January, 2012 @ 2:25 pm

It will be coming to us shortly, I am waiting to hear back about the confirmed launch date.

HiddenAway 4 January, 2012 @ 1:05 pm   7

Hold on.

Aren’t normal users getting the English language version of Arc the Lad as well?

Andy Stewart 5 January, 2012 @ 2:27 pm

Yes Arc the Lad will be available for all but I believe that Plus members will get it free. However Ross will need to confirm this but I am 99% sure that is the case.

JosephRJT 4 January, 2012 @ 1:05 pm   8

Still Haven’t recieved a code for jurassic park.

Andy Stewart 5 January, 2012 @ 2:27 pm

Really! Oh dear I am sorry to hear that, have you contacted customer services about this?

ShadowhunterrX 4 January, 2012 @ 1:05 pm   9

Aah too bad no trine 2 :( Buttttttttttttt you guys gave me Wild arms Jippie ! ( Jump Jump Jump )

vickaz91 4 January, 2012 @ 1:05 pm   10

hiii andy just wondering about spyro not so long ago we thought we mte have it before christmas now its january and still no luck =[ as i say i know its not your fault but i mean its stupid how its not on the eu store yet as it trueley is a PSONE classic unlike some of them on the store please can you get this for us possibly some point this year ???? thanks andy =]

Is it true, that there is going to be finally PS Store for Slovakia?

Andy Stewart 5 January, 2012 @ 2:39 pm

Indeed it is true, when it is happening though I don’t have an ETA yet.

guitardevil6 4 January, 2012 @ 1:06 pm   12

Hi Andy,

Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year!

Glad to see Arkham City challenge pack up on the store!

umbrellabio 4 January, 2012 @ 1:07 pm   13

Any chance if we will see Resident Evil 2&3 this year?
Also Happy New Year!!!!!!!

Andy Stewart 5 January, 2012 @ 2:30 pm

I really REALLY hope so… fingers and toes crossed but I will be approachign Capcom about this for an update.

MorganTPN 4 January, 2012 @ 1:07 pm   14

Hi Andy,

I hope you had a good festive break. Apologies for again asking you this question as I know it is not your department, but seeing as you are the only one decent enough to reply regarding it, is there any news on the Jurassic Park Playstation Plus Offer codes. Ross has ignored the official blog post, and customer support have not got back to me following my call to them.

Thanks again.

Andy Stewart 5 January, 2012 @ 2:33 pm

I have discussed this with customer services so they should eb aware and be able to assist you but it sounds like for some reason or another there must be some issue.

Therefore I will reinvestigate with customer services and try and get this problem solved. I am really sorry for the inconvience this has caused you.

SneakCore 4 January, 2012 @ 1:08 pm   15

Where are the Free Resistance 3 Skins and the The Legacy Grenade ?

Must be another technical issue for us EU Players

darkvanvan 4 January, 2012 @ 1:08 pm   16

Just to say: Happy new year, Andy, Ross, And all the Blog & Psn crew!!!!

Darlo-Richie 4 January, 2012 @ 1:08 pm   17

Hi Andy,

Is there any update on US PSOne imports and will Square Enix be giving us any (Parasite Eve 1, Xenogears Chrono Trigger/Cross) because they’re not answering our questions, Resident Evil 2 and 3 are also way overdue now!

I hate sounding impatient but we’ve been waitng a while here!

Andy Stewart 5 January, 2012 @ 2:38 pm

Ditto dude, I understand your frustration. I will ask sqaure-enix about the games when I see them next. As for RE2&3 I am trying to find out what the hold up is.

liambonner 4 January, 2012 @ 1:09 pm   18

The eu playstation website says that playstation plus members are getting wild arms for free. so what has happened?

c9dartfinish 4 January, 2012 @ 1:09 pm   19

Do you know if the problem with the 5 minis offer is going to be fixed or if there is a solution? I still can’t download them onto my psp and that’s what I bought them for.

Thanks

Andy Stewart 5 January, 2012 @ 2:40 pm

If you contact customer services I believe they will give you a code so you can download them onto your PSP also. So give them a ring and they should be able to assist, if not come back to me.

Wingus-Maximus 4 January, 2012 @ 1:09 pm   20

Hi Andy,

I renewed my PS+ subscription in December to take advantage of the Jurassic Park offer (and I did renew it before the offer expired).

However, I did not receive any email with a code to download Jurassic Park even though the game is already out. I know that some other people also didn’t receive codes from the offer.

Could this be sorted out or made known to the relevant departments?

Thanks.

Andy Stewart 5 January, 2012 @ 2:41 pm

No fear I am on the case, I will try my best to get this sorted ASAP for you and I am really sorry for the inconvience.

o4zloiroman 4 January, 2012 @ 1:11 pm   21

Ctrl + F – Trine – No matches

Seriously, Sony? You really enjoying shooting yourself in foot?

liambonner 4 January, 2012 @ 1:11 pm   22

Will amy be out soon?

Andy Stewart 5 January, 2012 @ 2:42 pm

Oh yes, if all goes to plan it will be very soon as long as nothing holds it up.

Chocobo115 4 January, 2012 @ 1:12 pm   23

Andy, can you please help me with my Payday the heist code? I have yet to recieve it from the play promotion like 3-4 months ago? Been in touch ith supports (both Brittish & swedish) but they’ve been tossing me around. And beeing hearing impaired it’s really hard for me to speak on the phone to confirm things. could this be done otherwise?

Also, I hope I’m not beeing taken for rude since you have always ignored this question for several weeks straight: But can you see in your magic ball if there’s any Disgaea 4 DLC on the way. Especially Rozalin & Adell?

Andy Stewart 5 January, 2012 @ 3:00 pm

I just emailed customer services about this and I am waiting for a responce. Hopefully we wil get this resolved for you shortly.

As for Disgaea 4 DLC, not that I am aware of but hopefully we willsee something.

what a weak update

Mightyowl28 4 January, 2012 @ 1:14 pm   25

Do you have any idea as to why the Plus discount on Jurassic Park was ended on the 24th when it was advertised to end on the 3rd?

Andy Stewart 5 January, 2012 @ 3:01 pm

Sadly not as I don’t usually deal with PLUS but once Ross is back next week I am sure he will be looking into it.

chrisredfield_97 4 January, 2012 @ 1:15 pm   26

come on andy where are we going to get the last of us avatars please answer to my question i wanna know you said you promised you were going to say to the team to add them what happened please response to my question and i want an honest answer from you tell them to add them as soon as possible i want the avatars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) PLZ PLZ plz

Andy Stewart 5 January, 2012 @ 3:14 pm

There has been some issues with this… however! I have just been informed that these have been submitted for QA and hopefully if all goes to plan we will see them on the store for late January / early Feb.

i tried to buy another year of ps+ while it was at 31.99 but it doesnt come up with the buy now option like it usually does, i called playstation and they said that its never been possible to yet ive seen staff on the blog tell people that they can

happie new yr 2 evry1…

i wanted 2 ask why was batman arkham acylum dlc has gotten removed? (excepct 1 still there.) and finaily the batman arkham city dlc. cannot wait 2 start playing that.

I’m disappointed that Trine 2 still isn’t on the store is there an ETA for it?

Andy Stewart 5 January, 2012 @ 3:17 pm

Ditto… The ETA which sadly has not confirmed yet but looks like around Feb, sorry to dissapoint you further.

ScooterMix 4 January, 2012 @ 1:17 pm   30

Happy you year andy and rest of tearm . I got qestions to ask since gd update start 212.

Have you heard anything about the duke nukern 3D for ps1 yet since ask last time.

And i was wonderinf there going to be sale for fallout new vegas sometime this year.

Have a great happy new year.

Andy Stewart 5 January, 2012 @ 3:26 pm

Sadly we still do not have an update on Duke 3D.

As for a Fallout sale, we will have to wait and see but I assume you mean the DLC for the games and not the games themselves as tehy are not on our store.

Hi Andy,

Do you know if the move.me app will be released on the SCEE PSN (This is the app to let you use your PS Move with your PC based applications)?

Do you know if Slam Bolt Scrappers will be released on the Australia and New Zealand PSN? (It was released early last year to all of SCEE other than AU/NZ, because the game wasn’t rated yet. The game has now been rated in both countries)

Thanks

JamieIII 4 January, 2012 @ 1:18 pm   32

Still waiting on a Jurassic Park code here too.

almighty-slayer 4 January, 2012 @ 1:18 pm   33

If the “festive sale” was actually decent, it might be a good excuse. However, being terrible as it is, it’s not a good excuse.

Where are those PS2 games we were told we would have before the end of 2011?

Let’s hope 2012 is better than 2011 shall we.

asparagus_hunter 4 January, 2012 @ 1:20 pm   34

Any chance of Klonoa appearing on the EU store as it did in the US on their update last week?

Youpilol 4 January, 2012 @ 1:20 pm   35

Such a shame
Number me with rage
It’s a shame

matt26071985 4 January, 2012 @ 1:21 pm   36

Hi Andy

Do you have any idea when the first of the saints row the third missions are going to be available as im sure its meant to be this month?

Any news about the PSPlus exclusive Dungeon Defenders familiars? US has them and EU is left behind again. And when can we expect the 1st add-ons for Dungeon Defenders in Europe?

Andy Stewart 5 January, 2012 @ 3:40 pm

Sadly for PLUS you will need to discuss this with Ross as I am not sure about teh exclusive content.

Add-on wise, I am waiting for confirmation on the date.

any ETA on Trine 2 and PS2 Classics?

many thanks.

Andy Stewart 5 January, 2012 @ 3:42 pm

Trine 2 – Hopefully end of Jan / Begining of Feb depending

PS2 Classics – I am trying to find out what the hold up is, if I hear anything back I will be in touch.

Catkiller1 4 January, 2012 @ 1:22 pm   39

@ cheeky4life

If you’re that desperate for Crash Bash, then set yourself up a Paypal account & purchase a copy from Ebay!

You’ll receive it within a couple of days & you’ll have a physical copy. Before you ask, yes it’s compatible with all PS3s!

I purchased mine, a couple of years ago for less than £5!

Are the broken Magic 2012 deck packs fixed yet?

Andy Stewart 5 January, 2012 @ 3:48 pm

No this is still being sorted out, I am not sure what the issue is and I am waiting to hear back from the publishers and our internal developement team for what exactly is going on. I am just as frustrated as you because I want the decks too.

Brenden3 4 January, 2012 @ 1:25 pm   41

Least PSN+ had a good week.

jordan579 4 January, 2012 @ 1:26 pm   42

Hi,

Is there any chance of the EU PSN Store getting NFL Blitz? I know the US Store got the game yesterday and was hoping it will come to our store.

Thanks

La_Mangouste 4 January, 2012 @ 1:26 pm   43

Any idea of when will Trine 2 be available on the Store ? :(

Next week, pleaaaaaaaaase !

Andy Stewart 5 January, 2012 @ 3:51 pm

Sadly will not be next week, probably around the end of Jan / beginning of Feb

Silent_Gig 4 January, 2012 @ 1:27 pm   44

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES WILDARRRMMMSSS YES YES YES YES!!!
Great store update today guys, i hope you all had a great christmas and new year!

@flip20077,

Jurassic Park: The Game only got rated by the Australian Ratings Board on the 20th of December 2011.

Agamer2006 4 January, 2012 @ 1:29 pm   46

Best Update this Year (So Far) :D

Do my eyes deceive me or is there still no magic 2012 content? Can we please have some information, an update or an eta because this complete communication blackout is getting right on my moobs and I’m close to giving up on the PS3 and Sony for good.

Thank you kindly.

Andy Stewart 5 January, 2012 @ 3:54 pm

The publishers and our internal developement teams are looking into this to get it solved, hopefully we will have some answers soon.

I do apologies for the blackout, hopefully the publisher will make an offical statement soon. Otherwise I will keep you posted.

Cringles88 4 January, 2012 @ 1:30 pm   48

Aww no demos :(

Homicide_17 4 January, 2012 @ 1:31 pm   49

Happy New Year EVERYONE

any chance we’ll get PS2 classics this year??
The one’s you promised us last year

Andy Stewart 5 January, 2012 @ 4:06 pm

We should see these in 2012 hopefully but I have no ETA as of yet, sorry.

QuietlyWrong 4 January, 2012 @ 1:34 pm   50

Wild Arms! Fabulous start to 2012! Now how about that US import for Wild Arms 2? ;)

Seriously love the intro music to that game. Whistling it now… You guys should look into getting more soundtracks for the Store. I was in Japan last October and I was amazed by the number of game soundtracks that were available on CD… Couldn’t find the Wild Arms OST though… :(

Load all