Posted 7 January

PlayStation Vita Rooms Manchester

Want to experience PlayStation Vita before launch?

IMG_5555

We’re kicking off our PlayStation Vita Rooms tour in Manchester from 13th January. We want you to come along and get hands on with the next generation of handheld gaming.

The PlayStation Vita Rooms are open to absolutely everyone. You don’t even need to register to come along. Simply check out the schedule below, choose a time which suits you, turn up and get playing.

PlayStation Vita Rooms Manchester: Opening Times

• Friday 13th January: 12PM – 8PM *PLUS* Experience a live performance from Bashy at 4PM!
  • Saturday 14th January: 10AM – 8PM
  • Sunday 15th January: 10AM – 8PM
  • Monday 16th January: 12PM – 4PM
  • Tuesday 17th January: 12PM – 6PM
  • Wednesday 18th January: 12PM – 8PM

The Games:

Here’s a list of the games you’ll be able to play at PlayStation Vita Rooms Manchester:

• Uncharted: The Golden Abyss
  • Reality Fighters
  • MotorStorm RC
  • ModNation Racers: Road Trip
  • Little Deviants
  • Escape Plan
  • Super Stardust
  • WipEout 2048

There may be a few surprise games at the event too.

The Vital Info:

Venue Address: 63 Deansgate, Manchester. MW3 2BW
Map: http://g.co/maps/tfq8w
Parking: http://g.co/maps/wvxth
Facebook Event Page (Chat with other attendees!): http://www.facebook.com/playstationaccess?sk=events

Tweet us on twitter.com/psaccess, make a post on our wall at facebook.com/playstationaccess or email us on accesslive@scee.net if you need to know more.
Can’t make it to Manchester? We’re visiting London and Glasgow too. Just visit our Facebook events page for details: http://www.facebook.com/playstationaccess?sk=events

See you there!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

32 Comments 8 Author replies
Show oldest first

Are you coming to Portsmouth? Doubt it but i’ll ask anyway.

residentSteve 7 January, 2012 @ 3:14 pm   2

I can’t find an answer anywhere on the net does anyone know who the select retailers are for ps vita I’ve got mine preordered from game but it does not mention the preorder pack.
I have seen it in a Gamestation shop which is the same company has game.

@esidentSteve:

From an e-mail I received yesterday…

GAME
HMV
Amazon (UK)
Play dot com
Argos
Blockbuster

I pre-ordered the (WiFi + 3G) PlayStation Vita console on 7 June 2011 (when it was first available in every retailer’s online catalogue).

When the pre-order incentive was announced on this Blog (15 November 2011), I contacted GAME’s Customer Services to enquire if I was eligible, & was told that it was just for in-store pre-orders!

Cancelling my online order is likely to cost them the sale as I will use a retailer (for example, Argos) that will be able to deliver to my address for the release date.

BFN,

fp.

Titchy_Penguin 7 January, 2012 @ 4:21 pm   4

will some independant stores have the pre order pack as mine thought they would but werent certain

MusterBuster 9 January, 2012 @ 9:35 am

Hey Titchy, leave this with me – I’ll see what I can find out for you today :)

Nice, not too far from Manchester Picadilly, would love to be able to make it :)

dividsmythe 7 January, 2012 @ 5:05 pm   6

I mite just come my feelings to Vita have been on the wain lately.This mite be just what I need to convince me

Cant wait for this. Will we be getting ACR and metal gear avatars soon?

I pre-ordered the wifi version
en if stores wil seth the games to preorder ( sony games slow to preorder) i wil preorder Little Deviants
rest = noting
reason = mem cards to expensif but no 32 gb. makes mi more angry
game lounch = joke Little Deviants – uncharted but u need mem = no option .wipe out = on ps3 digaea 3 = ps3 rest = crap to me
no new rpg ????? ( ruin / monsterhunter )???????

Cant go to it cause i live in holland. Not gonna pre order it, maybe buying pre order pack first. They include awsome items, only i forgot what items.
Byee!

Dante_Zero 7 January, 2012 @ 9:35 pm   10

pre-ordered my 3g vita today. the pre-order pack was pretty cool. love the metallic blue headphones, pretty sweet. urgh 22nd of Feb seems so far away damn it.
Muster any chance of ps access coming to cambridgeshire any time soon. Peterborough or Cambridge either would be cool.

ShadowDoGGG 7 January, 2012 @ 9:52 pm   11

Booooo!!! Manchester

Is there any event like this planned for other countries? For instance, France?

SHAFTRULES 7 January, 2012 @ 10:56 pm   13

so looking foward this now! hope the price of the mc comes down more tho!

Tenchuwoh 8 January, 2012 @ 12:35 am   14

Why you never show Shinobido 2 with the other games:/
Some people(like me lol) care about these games.

INFEKTD_N00B 8 January, 2012 @ 6:57 am   15

Would anyone know if Jap version of Wipeout is in English on Vita? I’ve had a look on YouTube & looks like it, but can’t be sure . Coming out in Japan on 19/1/12 I think & happy to import if in English as I’ve got my Vita from Asia . Plz Help

igloosmiler 8 January, 2012 @ 5:55 pm   16

sounds great, but I can’t make it :-(

igloosmiler 8 January, 2012 @ 5:55 pm   17

sounds great, just a shame I can’t make it! :-(

Alex-1124 8 January, 2012 @ 6:42 pm   18

Sadly I can’t make this one but I look forward to hearing about it from a friend who will be attending.

I detect a subliminal message in that postcode haha

MusterBuster 9 January, 2012 @ 9:40 am

Ha! Well spotted with the postcode. We’ll keep an eye out for Ghost.

We’ll have plenty of follow up coverage after the event. Keep your eyes on our YouTube channel, we do a weekly video show which covers all the latest UK PlayStation news: http://youtube.com/playstationaccess

StevoTatersDeep 8 January, 2012 @ 8:04 pm   19

I’m going, Saturday maybe Sunday not sure yet.

Uncharted on the toilet ftw!!
Can’t wait.

arashi_85 9 January, 2012 @ 5:22 am   20

Still no info on the 3G price plans yet! Still I’ve pre-ordered mine all the same. Guess I’ll have to be nice to the member of staff at the store and see if I can get a go with his Vita as I can’t justify wandering around the country to play on a hand-held.

@arashi_85

if you want the 3G pricing plan the U.S prices are actually on some site´s and if they gonna be like that it´s gonna cost ya 300 dollars a year.

I want to know would o be able to bring my
12 year old little brother with me if I came to the Manchester event?

MusterBuster 9 January, 2012 @ 10:35 am

Hey SC! Yes you can, he’s more than welcome :)

Just keep age ratings in mind – he’ll only be allowed to play games suitable for 12 year olds (which is most of it!)

Awesome thanks a lot :-)

dividsmythe 9 January, 2012 @ 3:45 pm   25

whats happened to the Birmingham event?
just noticed it not there any more boooooooo

dividsmythe 9 January, 2012 @ 6:50 pm   26

Cheers MusterBuster.That one must of slipped through the net.I was being greedy any way I wanted to go to Manchester and Birmingham.ty

dividsmythe 9 January, 2012 @ 7:00 pm   27

btw it isnt invite only is it

Dividsmythe where did u get the awesome panda avatar I’ve been searching 4 it everywhere please tell me

TheMighty_MuMbY 10 January, 2012 @ 12:06 pm   29

@V3igt0 it was a freebie for playstation plus members, think it was only a limited time thing.

dividsmythe 10 January, 2012 @ 6:41 pm   30

@V3igt0 agreed with TheMighty_MuMby I think it was free in November or December ps+ members I’m unaware if it@ll be ever available to store.Which I would of thought so

thanks guys for telling me about panda it’s sad though pandas r my favourite animal :( hopefully they’ll bring it out on store

Just been to the PS Vita room in Manchester, really liked the look of the Vita and the touch screen menus were much better that I expected and I didn’t miss the XMB. The d pad was very good although i never needed to use it and the twin sticks were excellent.

I had one main question for the staff….

Can I remote play or transfer my PSN games from my PS3 onto my Vita?

They said Sony are going to do it and were looking at a large back catalogue of PSN titles but said they were yet to confirm which titles etc.. and to wait for it to be announced.

This is kind of a deal breaker for me, as I’ve invested loads into PSN games and to be able to transfer or remote play them is vital for a vita!
I’m not prepared to buy one until it’s confirmed or buy one only to have to re buy Vita versions of all my PSN faves!