Posted 3:00pm

PlayStation Store January Sale

GamePageHero_Jan-Sale

Welcome to 2012! With Christmas having near emptied many a wallet there couldn’t be a better time to have a sale. Therefore the PlayStation Store is proud to announce our January Sale.

For 3 weeks until the end of January, we have some great offers to suit a variety of gamer’s tastes. Each week will bring a selection of new offers to the store and these will only last one week. So, make sure you check out the PlayStation Store on each Wednesday for the content refresh!

This week’s sale (week 2) will continue with some of the best titles which were released in 2011, such as Street Fighter III: Third Strike, Payday: The Heist and Dungeon Hunter: Alliance and much more!

Week 2 discounts are as follows:

PSN Games (PS3)

Sega Bass Fishing

• PSN User (Was €7.99 – Now €3.99)

Space Channel 5 Part 2

• PSN User (Was €7.99 – Now €3.99)

Sega Rally Online

• PSN User (Was €7.99 – Now €3.99)

Payday: The Heist

• PSN User (Was €16.99 – Now €11.99)
  • PSN Plus members save additional 25% off special offer price

Sideways: New York

• PSN User (Was €9.99 – Now €6.99)
  • PSN Plus members save additional 30% off special offer price

Rochard

• PSN User (Was €9.99 – Now € 6.99)
  • PSN Plus members save additional 30% off special offer price

Okabu

• PSN User (Was €12.99 – Now €8.99)
  • PSN Plus members save additional 30% off special offer price

Street Fighter 3: Online Edition

• PSN User (Was €14.99 – Now €10.99)
  • PSN Plus members save additional 30% off special offer price

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

• PSN User (Was €8.99 – Now €6.19)
  • PSN Plus members save additional 30% off special offer price

Eurforlia

• PSN User (Was €7.99 – Now €5.49)
  • PSN Plus members save additional 30% off special offer price

Dungeon Defenders

• PSN User (Was €9.99 – Now €6.99)
  • PSN Plus members save additional 30% off special offer price

BloodRayne: Betrayled

• PSN User (Was €12.99 – Now € 8.99)
  • PSN Plus members save additional 30% off special offer price

Outland

• PSN User (Was €9.99 – Now €6.99)
  • PSN Plus members save additional 30% off special offer price

Sam & Max: Beyond Space and Time

• PSN User (Was €19.99 – Now €13.99)
  • PSN Plus members save additional 30% off special offer price

Dungeon Hunter: Alliance

• PSN User (Was €12.99 – Now €8.99)
  • PSN Plus members save additional 30% off special offer price

So, please remember to nab these deals when you can as each Wednesday they will be replaced with a new batch of offers.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

159 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

As for the ‘Final’ week, maybe your ‘Fantasy’ will come true…
so square enix sale finally compared 2 most their content is always overpriced.

ALhammadi51 11 January, 2012 @ 3:06 pm   2

very nice .

Burnout Crash for 4€? I’m in

RemyX-1988 11 January, 2012 @ 3:09 pm   4

Finally, a Square Enix sale!
Of this batch, I’ll probably buy nothing. Too much shooting and racing…

almighty-slayer 11 January, 2012 @ 3:11 pm   5

Marginallly better than the Christmas sale. Nothing for me

@RemyX-1988

mmmm… i was just guessing by those lines so take it like a rumor.

Some good sales here, stuff been waiting on…but why we get only small discount on Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2 DLCs when the 360 got much larger discounts (50% off). The DA2 DLC only a £1.50 saving off of £8, Are these prices right?

LukeInReverse 11 January, 2012 @ 3:14 pm   8

Nothing’s really screaming at me here.

Benjamin81 11 January, 2012 @ 3:14 pm   9

NFS HP, Burnout bundles and Crysis for me.

Hopefully that Square Enix sale delivers. I want Tactics Ogre half off. Make it so, Andy.

PETSHOPBOY2007 11 January, 2012 @ 3:16 pm   10

Luckily my son got a few psn cards for Christmas…..looks like I’ll be using part of this for need for speed hot pursuit. Thanks for all the fantastic content, especially since upgrading to a plus member, my hard drive is nearly full. Oh and if you’re wondering…my son will get it back once pay days here!!! (heehee).

Maybe dead space 2 but other than that nothing.

robbenslb 11 January, 2012 @ 3:17 pm   12

Crysis 50% off? Finally…

Catkiller1 11 January, 2012 @ 3:17 pm   13

@ Andy

If you’re hint “As for the ‘Final’ week, maybe your ‘Fantasy’ will come true…” is aimed at the Final Fantasy PS1 titles having a reduction in price…..then I will kiss…..ahem I mean buy you a Hot Chocolate ;)

Well I will be grabing that Crysis :D

PawNissen 11 January, 2012 @ 3:19 pm   15

I contacted customer services by both phone and email since dec 16. and still have not recieved a Jurassic park code, and they ignore me. and right now i am contacting the danish consumer law service, and hope sony soon will send me what i have buyed.
this is what sony playstation promise. but i didnt get http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/10/31/get-jurassic-park-the-game-f ree-with-1-year-of-ps-plus/

colmshan1990 11 January, 2012 @ 3:20 pm   16

Some VERY tempting offers there, but…
Must. Not. Buy!
Must. Save. For. Vita!

But I have €20 in my PSN wallet…
That’s Crysis, Burnout Crash and Mass Effect 2: Arrival!
But… I could (and should) use it for Vita games…

Oh, what to do! :) :( :D :(

I can’t make up my mind, and it’s only the first week… :(

playahater94 11 January, 2012 @ 3:24 pm   17

Selection is very average. Try harder.

Weak deal on NBA Jam makes me sad =/ And no PS+ discount on top of that. Too bad.

Oh well, I wait ages for a discount on RISK and when nothing was offered even during christmas, I finally got in Steam. First come, first served. :P

I guess the german DLC for Dead Space 2 won’t run with my imported UK-disc, or?

Well, maybe Payday next week or FF in the last one.

Catkiller1 11 January, 2012 @ 3:28 pm   20

Crysis & Risk Factions for me this week ;)

Nice one, on the Crysis discount!

I received Burnout Paradise for free during the outage. Would have been nice if for roughly £7.99, the Complete DLC was seperate!

DanteuszPL 11 January, 2012 @ 3:31 pm   21

Does DS2 Super Bundle contains Extraction?

MidgetOlympics 11 January, 2012 @ 3:32 pm   22

Crysis not bad but it shoud have only been 7.99 in the first place

How many downloads of Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle Cars do you sell? Not many I bet. I’d gladly buy it if it was half the £7.99 asking price.

capitales7 11 January, 2012 @ 3:35 pm   24

YES! Crysis half price. So happy I waited. SOLD!
:D:D:D:D

LAClennell 11 January, 2012 @ 3:35 pm   25

i agree with kyliedog. The DA2 Legacy dlc should be at least £3.99, same as it was when it was on sale on Xbox live

TheKillerSnowman 11 January, 2012 @ 3:37 pm   26

nothing for me

bennyrafal 11 January, 2012 @ 3:38 pm   27

HNY Andy :)

RedeyedRonin 11 January, 2012 @ 3:39 pm   28

Catkiller1
is it better than crysis 2? wasn’t a fan of 2 was boring

noruraeus 11 January, 2012 @ 3:40 pm   29

Hi Andy, on a related note, would be great if you could push EA to reduce the price on Mass Effect 2, to maybe match the current DA2 price.

Nistelroy78 11 January, 2012 @ 3:40 pm   30

Isnt there coming some Offer on Fallout : NV DLC ?

AaronSOLDIER 11 January, 2012 @ 3:42 pm   31

Can we get Crisis Core on the Store? And seriously, at £7.99 FFVII-IX are totally worth it, the others are way overpriced though.

awaiting moderation?
figures.
well delete it if you like, i’ll just repost it.

Damn you Playstation, damn you to hellllll… quite literally for I can not resist the bargain that is Dante’s Inferno super DLC goodness pack!

Looks like I’m flying by Game tonight to pick me up some of them PSN cards.

Catkiller1 11 January, 2012 @ 3:53 pm   34

@ RedeyedRonin

Judging by reviews, I would have to say yes. I’m yet to play it though, so my opinion may differ!

I have read that the expectations that Crysis would run efficently on a Console, were high, but unfortunately that wasn’t the case with the end result! The release still received scores from 8-9.5 though ;) £7.99 is a great price, but I agree with MidgetOlympics, that it should have been that price from the start!

Crysis 2 imo was enjoyable online (never played Campaign) but like you said, was a bit boring! Only clocked 13hrs online with it!

Off topic, but I need to know something…
I pre-ordered Renegade Ops during the PLAY offer, but I still haven’t received any email with a code to download the two extra playable characters. It’s been a while now…

Just in time for my birthday tomorrow! Will be picking some of these up!

Juhal_1234 11 January, 2012 @ 4:02 pm   37

Waiting on Assassin’s Creed Revelations avatars for us

UK/EUROPE customers

dissapointed that we get treated like crap
and our store sucks, no fancy design like the usa one
seriously, up the competition up

Catkiller1 11 January, 2012 @ 4:03 pm   38

@ Raiden74

Same here! ANDY YOU REALLY NEED TO LOOK INTO THIS! POST NUMBER 35.

@ Curzo

Happy Birthday for tomorrow ;)

Guri_Tricolor 11 January, 2012 @ 4:04 pm   39

Wow! wasn’t expecting another sale! great news
The psn games list looks awesome :)

“As for the ‘Final’ week, maybe your ‘Fantasy’ will come true…”

Don’t get too excited, everyone. All the Final Fantasy PS1 classics on PSN are £7.99 and won’t go lower than that. One of two things is going to happen;

1) They’ll finally release “FF Origins” as a PS1 Classic, as it’s already released in America, and is listed as ‘coming soon’.

2) More DLC for Dissidia Duodecim.

Although, could be both I suppose. It won’t be the release of FFXIII-2 though, as there hasn’t been nearly enough press for that.

chrisandsheva 11 January, 2012 @ 4:05 pm   41

WHY WHY WHY ???…
Sorry i was going to buy some full games, either DS or DS2, and some GOW’s, just cos i have the funds due to a (for me) avarage christmas/festive sales.. Only i allready owned, finished and traded the above but felt like revisiting them.. But i allready have most of the dlc for DS2.. and Dantes Inferno.. so WHY can’t you’s of just given us a sale, for the Games,?.. instead of ‘adding’ more pr/corporate ‘greed’ to your … sorry Our january sale.. i mean theres allways another angle lately, even for our festive ‘treats’ ie including games that just happen to have a dlc due out.. probably at the expense of a more suitable offering.. ok call me cynical, But i know how the ‘clever’ pr/spin-doc’s operate.. I believe that was our 1st coversation Andy.. me saying i disagree with the ‘seethrough’ pr stunts that the (horrid) pr team had slipped into the psn.. and you replying, (on your 1st day here), that scee/sce dosn’t use those kind of people.. the imo, sly devious advertising groups and so on.. back in a min.

Titchy_Penguin 11 January, 2012 @ 4:05 pm   42

That Crysis is tempting…

RedeyedRonin 11 January, 2012 @ 4:05 pm   43

@ THE WORLD & CATKILLER1

omg im totally shocked AMY just got given
2 OUT OF 10 from eurogamer
“fails on all counts”
im gobsmacked and happy scee dont update quikly

Carnivius_Prime 11 January, 2012 @ 4:10 pm   44

Nice price on Need For Speed Hot Pursuit and it’s DLC. May have to get that. I did have the disc but I’m replacing all my discs with downloadable versions where possible. Hate switching discs about and I sure like the extra shelf space.

Catkiller1 11 January, 2012 @ 4:11 pm   45

@ Jodawk

I disagree, as there isn’t any logic with that i’m afraid.

It’s a special Offer week, so it will hardly be a new release! Judging by the hint, there will be a Final Fantasy selection with reductions!

This week is EA, so it would make sense ;)

Immortal-Wolf- 11 January, 2012 @ 4:21 pm   46

Well i was the one who recommended a January Sale on playstation store to playstation network so guys please enjoy.

Michael_Lund 11 January, 2012 @ 4:23 pm   47

Epic discounts! ;) Definitely gonna buy Crysis at 50% off.

chrisandsheva 11 January, 2012 @ 4:25 pm   48

continued from post 41..
So ok, i am a little ‘upset’ as i would of loved to grab DS2 or Dantes for a reasonable price, i know i can buy a new, limited ed DS2 for a tenner, but would of liked it on the hdd.. i am ‘convinced’ i see the dirty hand of pr in the above offers, allthough IF someone hadn’t allready bought the .. (cough) added dlc with those games, then they should get a good deal.. Anyway i am Glad about Crysis being half-price, and though i’ve not yet played it i disagree with a comment saying it should of been £7.99 anyway, But i will know more on this after i get it… Also i was a little bit dissapointed when i seen Darksiders is now on the store, i went and bought it (2nd hand) last week, and the store price is only slightly more than i paid… don’t know what has gotten into me lately, have had all of novembers big games just laying around, while i play old psn games or ‘revisit’ allready finished ones… Andy at least try to answer this, if i buy (well rebuy) some God of Wars, i won’t be kicking myself anytime ‘too’ soon, will i,?. thnx.

you stole from me, and untold others, sony, deleting my posts wont change that, i’ll make sure everybody knows.

nope noting = setting mony on site to buy vita
+ i always fear somting get free on ps+ after i buy ful price .
like back to the futer game .
only ting i buy from psn = monsterhunter3 portabel english on vita
ore game like minecraft .

dlc = working on my nervs – give free dlc to say tank u to buy u devlopers games .
lot of dlc = already on disk ore cut out of orginal game = berk
also no more elite ore cod games = ps3 elite = no good deal

also i hope 32 gb memory cards are stil comming on day 1

4 gb 8gb = to littel 16 = medium 32 = good only price of al is not good .

Load all