Posted 9:00am

PS3 System Software Update (V.4.10)

A new system software update (v4.10) for PlayStation 3 (PS3) will be released later today. Here is a summary of what it includes:

• The Internet Browser has been improved. This will result in better display of content and page layouts are displayed with greater accuracy. Some websites that could not be displayed correctly prior to the release of PS3 system software 4.10, including interactive websites, are now supported.
  • You can automatically set the time more accurately via the Internet every time your PS3 system connects to PlayStation Network (PSN). This can be done via [Settings] > [Date and Time Settings] > [Set Automatically] on the XMB (XrossMediaBar).
  • PSN Account will be renamed Sony Entertainment Network Account. This will not result in any changes to how you log in or the details you use to do so.

In order to download PS3 system software version 4.10, you will need a minimum 180MB of free space on either the PS3 Hard Disk Drive (System Update) or on removable storage media (PC Update).

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

150 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

thank you Sony for updating PS3 web browser.

wwechelseafan 8 February, 2012 @ 9:14 am   2

Thanks!

Will this mean PSN+ will change to SEN+ ?

Carnivius_Prime 8 February, 2012 @ 9:17 am   4

Nice. Already noticing the slight improvements on the browser and while the clock thing seems very minor there have been times I’ve gone and used the get internet time myself cos noticed the PS3 clock de-synched from my watch and laptop. Ok nothing major but it’s nice that the PS3 can do that itself now.

mightymotje 8 February, 2012 @ 9:19 am   5

good job sony

mightymotje 8 February, 2012 @ 9:19 am   6

love my ps3

RingoSmith 8 February, 2012 @ 9:22 am   7

i was thinking that we were due an update with all this downtime on the PSN. seems ok as my browser has stopped functioning a while ago. will check it out later

at last! a browser update! does this mean we will be able to watch Youtube in HD?

KillerXp82 8 February, 2012 @ 9:22 am   9

Nice! Finally a update for the web browser. Will we be getting a nether update in 2 weeks? Vita wise.

has this brought back the option to install psp games to your ps3 for easy transfer to portable devices?

Thanks…..

wwechelseafan 8 February, 2012 @ 9:28 am   12

I hope the store update later is a good one!

@DJBRUCE. No. Coz it’s PS+. So it’ll become SE+ ;)

Hello All !

Problem with the 4.1 update !!!!

My Official ps3 Wireless headset now have the sound of the microphone while playing in the headphone !

PLEASE Anyone can transmit the information ?

Bye

French user.

Is it wrong that I’m over the moon about the clock fix?

capitales7 8 February, 2012 @ 9:33 am   17

Hope the browser update is a big fix (read: installed chrome! :p).
Also, thanks for the auto time setting thing. My PS3 clock drifts by about 5 minutes every 2-3 months. It’s quite bad!

Youtube still plays like a slideshow…

KillerXp82 8 February, 2012 @ 9:35 am   19

@hayzink I was wondering why I couldn’t install my persona 3 after I downloaded it, I never knew they taken the option away.

So yeah is that coming back because I was hoping to be able to play them through remote play which was the reason I downloaded it to my Ps3.

XtianHawkGamer 8 February, 2012 @ 9:43 am   20

Great update!!! Thanks for finally fixing the browser!! Looking forward to update my console! ;)

dazzy_t123 8 February, 2012 @ 9:50 am   21

thanks for web update,
just one thing; no new XMB? especially with vita coming with intergration to ps3.
@james give us a hint mate we had it since day one would be great to see something similar to the Vita XMB

For the next upate can we have a youtube app. So I can watch my subscriptions.

Jeff_Rigby Redeemed!

*Tips hat*

Nice update. Question, when will Content Manager 3.0 be available for Mac? Thank you.

dum-dee-dum 8 February, 2012 @ 10:06 am   25

To watch youtube in HD from the PS3, check out : http://www.ps3youtube.com/

Scareface1970 8 February, 2012 @ 10:10 am   26

The changes are most of the time a good thing :p

DarkRedCrash 8 February, 2012 @ 10:12 am   27

The update also fixes the issue of trophy data not being displayed correctly when the language is set to English (United Kingdom).
Thanks Sony!

Hope it fixes a lot of problems, I downloaded Gotham city imposters a big file to then load it up to basically say the demo not playable anymore!!!!!! Why, why, why did it not tell me before I downloaded it??????

Skookie30 8 February, 2012 @ 10:23 am   29

Nice work Sony i now can tweet on twitter again i had more followers but didn’t know i was follow my email been a pain to get in 60% of the time i was able for codes.

i never use youtube fully yet i will later 1 thing i notice is certain sites thats does allow download videos. useing these links…

window xp/vista.

window 7, Mac, ipad

ipod/iphone

1 video 3 different formats Ps3 can download them on HDD those files.

how cool is that, 1 small gripe my cookies are not working with this blog plz fix, i keep to sign back in. :(

All we need is a Youtube app, Not a link but a dedicated application for youtube :P

Heheh, a few years too late with the browser. I remember using the browser before I bought a new PC.. it crashed the ps3 on a regular basis, and you couldn’t even do anything on it anyway.

I’m surprised though, I was mostly expecting a patch update that removes features, that seems to be Sony’s M.O.

I was SHOCKED reading “The Internet Browser has been improved” :D
Since the PS3 came out over 5 years ago people have been moaning…er erm i mean asking :D for it to be updated. I tried it but its still wasn’t scrolling right the web pages(i.e it was stuttering a bit, scrolling it up & down)? Seemed a bit better tho the browser;) I will try it again later(because my internet is cr*p anyway) Cool update anyway SONY thanks;)

+ Any chance of ‘everyone’ getting a bit of online game saving space? Maybe just a bit free for non PSN.Plus people? Just so i could back up my ‘copy protected saves’?(GOD i can’t stand them) :-/

Awesome so glad the PS3 browser has been improved! Good work :)

Thank you Sony for updating PS3 web browser!
When are you going to update DivX?

Frankie_Sambuca 8 February, 2012 @ 10:37 am   35

YouTube is better on my phone than on my PS3.

Frankie_Sambuca 8 February, 2012 @ 10:38 am   36

YouTube is better on my phone than my PS3.

gilgrissom 8 February, 2012 @ 10:49 am   37

this update has not helped me… has made some websites stop loading properly. is there anyway to rollback ???

Goffeentl 8 February, 2012 @ 10:52 am   38

As in “Sony Entertainment Network” that is neither entertaining nor a network? It really is appalling, why try and copy Xbox’s mad bundling of random services? Its just guff with all the random sign-ups, different billing and would put any newcomer off before they started…

prycestation3 8 February, 2012 @ 10:56 am   39

its still saying playstation network I was expecting Sony entertainment network

orzelek69_PL 8 February, 2012 @ 10:57 am   40

“The Internet Browser has been improved” no more questions :D :D

Nice !!..!!

Still can’t sign-in to the US.Blog, despite the ‘improvements’.

The clock still sets 1 hour ahead for me, so I have to manually set it for the right time.

dangerousbrian0 8 February, 2012 @ 11:11 am   44

yes i thought the playstation network was gone because it being rebranded sony entertainment network so if that is true then the xmb should have sony entertainment network not playstation network.Also anything that says playstation network should have sony entertainment network if its not going to be saying that why mention it to playstation owners that your renaming it i hate it when big major companys do half assed jobs.

@all Watch youtube on your ps3 browser in 720P-1080P
@39 lol

Yay finally my clock will work ;-)

@Shadzter check your daylight savings setting!

@vicheous: Thanks. That’s sorted it :)

Nice one SONY! my browser hasn’t been working whatsoever. Let’s see what this update will do for me. No XMB change though? :p

Nice you fixed the browser, now give us cross game chat! >:[ Just kidding :D Nice to see a system update that isn’t just a security update.

SHAFTRULES 8 February, 2012 @ 11:28 am   50

nice! think I will go out & get me a ps3 keyboard now.& I agree with having a YouTube app on my xmb please.

Load all