Posted 12:00pm

Inside PS Vita: Play. Create. Share.

In the next episode of Inside PS Vita, we take a look at how games such as LittleBigPlanet and ModNation Racers: Road Trip are ensuring that the Play. Create. Share genre of creative gaming has big plans for PlayStation Vita.

Tell us: what LBP levels are you dreaming up to make best use of the front and rear touch, and other controls unique to PS Vita?

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

19 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first

more… need more coverage…

Feels like we’re being shown the same stuff over & over again.

ashton_philip 16 February, 2012 @ 12:23 pm   3

@James Gallagher, was just wondering if you have a release date on Gravity Rush as it went from 22 February to ‘TBC’ on the website was really looking forward to it as a launch title.

Also I think these play, create, share games are excellent on the PS3 i’ve had a lot of fun with other people’s levels. Hopefully on PS Vita I’ll be able to create my own :)

James Gallagher 16 February, 2012 @ 1:12 pm

I don’t have a date for Gravity Rush at the moment but I am pushing to try and find that out for everyone. The game is definitely coming and I hope to have more concrete info for you fairly soon.

Hi Guys,

I’m having a problem with obtaining my pre-order discount (I’d like to choose Escape Plan)

I registered my code, and I got an email yesterday telling me to choose my game. To do that I have to re-enter my pre-order code but when I do it says there is an “error”.

Could you please get back to me about this?

James Gallagher 16 February, 2012 @ 1:11 pm

I am trying to get an update regarding this right now. Our engineers have identified the issue and are working on a fix.

James Gallagher 16 February, 2012 @ 2:07 pm

I’ve just found out that you will receive another email with another link to take you to the discount selection page. I’ll let you know when these are sent out.

uncleniccius 16 February, 2012 @ 12:53 pm   5

@ashton, it’s no longer a launch title :’(. The video must be old; as there is more than 6 million LBP creations now! :D

Bootlegchris 16 February, 2012 @ 12:57 pm   6

@Crinkled, I had the same problem as you, I logged into the site and on the ps vita page was the “select a game for discount thing”

Player42791 16 February, 2012 @ 1:01 pm   7

@James

Kind of off topic i guess but,
Is there going to be a LittleBigPlanet Karting post anytime soon?

kittydog20 16 February, 2012 @ 1:34 pm   8

Would be great to get a confirmed date for LBP :) It’s one of the reasons I’m buying a Vita!

do LBP have a confirmed release date?

James Gallagher 16 February, 2012 @ 1:46 pm

Not yet I’m afraid. As soon as it is confirmed, I’ll be sure to let you know via a blog post.

Talking about preorder codes, I received the 3 dlc codes but the email disappeared from my adhesion server. I did not delete it. I have asked customer services and my webmail provider but still do not have my codes. Is there anything you can do please? I managed to select a discount without any problems but I would like my codes. If I get another pre order code will I be able to register that to the same account?

CHRIZZYYY08 16 February, 2012 @ 2:35 pm   11

The thought of creating a level then uploading it while on a long train journey then getting to my hotel finding out I’ve had lots of players and hears on my level is a brilliant idea this game will be epic now the possibilities really are endless! I really hope this inspires the LittleBigPlanet community out there!

extermin8or_ 16 February, 2012 @ 2:56 pm   12

Hey james any idea if/when at some point in the future we will show up as in a game:….. on ps3 friends list whilst on a ps vita game and signed it as atm I noticed that’s not happening, also something needs to be done about messages I read on my friends list to not show up as unread on my ps3 :/ hmm other than that it’s looking good :D

@James Gallagher:

Thanks for your reply about the discount code, I will await my new email with anticipation!

Looking forward to Wednesday!

chrisandsheva 16 February, 2012 @ 8:06 pm   14

Interesting concept, allthough the above games aren’t my genre it’s all positive, but James i and most others really would like some concrete (if possible) blogs about .. remote play, is it still going to be a ‘major’ feature of the vita, or just going to be for a select few titles, i am getting very frustrated hearing different ‘opinions’ or possibles, and though still good, needing to be on same wi-fi (ie at home) as your ps3, isn’t really ‘remote’ play,.. maybe extended, but definitely Not remote, i Am getting one (vita) regardless, but i so much like actually knowing what i am buying, Before i buy it, maybe i am a bit odd in that respect,?.. but please tell us something is getting posted before .. say monday, or if nothing is planned then that will have to suffice, thnx James.

Fffreak9999 17 February, 2012 @ 12:29 am   15

I am having issues with the Vita Pre-Order Code.
I have received the “Select your PS Vita pre-order game discount”
And “Email Verification” emails.
But everytime I try to redeem the code it says: “There was an error with the pre-order code.”
Any possible help with this?

DaVeBoY2010 17 February, 2012 @ 1:43 am   16

no wonder people hack yous sony use promise stuff and never stick to it.

Just got my new pre-order discount email, thanks :)

prycestation3 18 February, 2012 @ 11:04 pm   18

Hi James can you help me please? Iv pre-ordered a PS Vita and seen no sign of my email for the goodies.

wookie-uk 22 February, 2012 @ 2:02 pm   19

Help please?!

I’ve managed to get through to putting my pre-order code in, chose my game, then it said the emails would be sent out after the Vita is launched…well i’ve got mine in hand :p

Any ideas when the discount codes for the game i’d like might be sent out?

Thanks!