Posted 18 February
Like an expecting father updating his facebook status before a dash to the hospital, this is my last PlayStation.Blog recap before we welcome a new addition to the PlayStation family: PS Vita. After talking about it for what seems like so long, I can’t wait to see PlayStation Vita in the hands of real gamers.
If you’re one of those twitterers then please let us know the moment you grasp your new console using the hashtag #gotmyvita. We want to see pictures of you in the shop queue, first impressions of your launch game, YouTube videos of you unboxing your new console and barely discernible exclamations of joy. On launch day I’ll be pulling all of this into a special blog post that will curate all of the PS Vita chatter and join in the discussion.
Until then, here’s your recap.
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss Opens The Black Market – To make it a little easier to collect all the Bounties, we created The Black Market.
- ModNation Racers: Road Trip – On A Bus, On A Plane, On A Boat Or A Train – Hitting the store shelves alongside the release of the much-anticipated PlayStation Vita!
- Resistance: Burning Skies – Chimeran Invasion Spreads To PS Vita This May – Resistance has always boasted iconic visual design, and here’s the reveal of the Burning Skies box art.
- Be The First To See The New PS Vita Ad Campaign – An advertising campaign to show the immersive, powerful and connected gaming experiences that PS Vita offers!
- Mass Effect 3 Demo Available Tomorrow – Voted “Most Anticipated Game of 2012″ at the Spike Video Game Awards, Mass Effect 3 plunges you into the boots of Commander Shepard.
- PlayStation Home: No Fighting in the War Room – nDreams presents the very first Clubhouse for Europe! The War Room is perfect for clan meetings, socialising and plotting world domination.
- The Pop Culture Secrets Of Worms Ultimate Mayhem – Crammed full with surreal weaponry, wacky customization options, tons of destructive single-player content and multiplayer options, trophies, and cool improvements.
- PS Vita Rooms: London – Now in London for the final phase of PlayStation Vita Rooms tour until PS Vita hits shelves on 22nd February!
- Jak And Daxter Trilogy Retrospective With Naughty Dog – Check out this a video highlighting some of the favorite memories, trials and tribulations while working on the franchise!
- ‘Heads-Up’ Game Store Update 15th February 2012 – Massive updates of new games and content!
- MotorStorm RC Trophies – Full List & Platinum Revealed! – In no time at all you and your friends will be drifting on ice-caps and going for gold in the desert!
- PS3 System Software Update (v4.11) – Minor firmware improves certain aspects of system software.
- How Virtua Tennis: World Tour Edition Uses The PS Vita Cameras – PS Vita has both front facing and rear facing cameras, with supporting features such as face detection, head detection and head tracking!
- Inside PS Vita: Play. Create. Share. – ensuring that the Play. Create. Share genre of creative gaming has big plans for PS Vita.
- Try PS Vita/PS3 Cross-Play Content for One Price – For all you early PS Vita owners, check out the cross-platform gameplay experience, offering content on both platforms for one price!
- Your Journey Begins On 14 March – Something truly unique and authentic to the user… experience something you have never felt before.
- Far Cry 3: A Look Behind the Scenes of a Mo-Cap Studio – Every mo-cap scene in an Ubisoft game starts on a small stage, 15 by 8 metres long, 4 metre high and with room for six to eight actors and 60(!) cameras.
- Access TV Episode 21 – Gunning its way into the Game of the Week slot on Access Episode 21 is EA’s futuristic blaster Syndicate.
- A Re-Introduction To The World Of Binary Domain – The narrative focus of the game is thus: the world is a much different place in the year 2080!
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss TV Ad – TV ad in preparation for the game’s launch next Wednesday.
- Weapons In DUST 514, Part Two – New weapons added to the game and that can radically alter the balance of play because they open up all new possibilities in combat!
- Sleeping Dogs Mission Walkthrough – Here’s your undercover mission…
- Weekend Essentials 113 – Step inside the Octagon on PS3 this weekend, download the Mass Effect 3 demo from PlayStation Store and prepare for the coming of PlayStation Vita.
- Ask a question about PS Vita games and win – Put your questions to Shuhei Yoshida, president of SCE Worldwide Studios and win a copy of MotorStorm RC.
- First look: Far Cry 3 – Discover why choice is your key to surviving trouble in paradise on PlayStation 3.
- Top Tips: The Darkness II – Master the darkness and battle the Brotherhood in style with these enlightening tips from Digital Extremes lead designer, Tom Galt.
- Skyrim director Todd Howard admits Bethesda knew about Skyrim’s PS3 lag problems.
- Here are five PlayStation games that deserve a kickstart funded sequel.
- Here’s a ton of new Resident Evil 5 info and screens.
- Want to find out more about the PS Vita Rooms? Here’s shots from the launch party.
- Find out all about the latest open world crime shooter with this Sleeping Dogs PS3 video preview.