Starhawk Beta Opens To All Tomorrow
We’re happy to announce (remind) everyone that the Starhawk Multiplayer Beta is open to ALL COMERS tomorrow, February 22nd only on PlayStation Network! You don’t have to “like” us on Facebook, you don’t have to “accept a special offer” and you don’t have to sign up for any service (that is, except for the PlayStation Network free service)! Everyone is welcome to join! Just check the PlayStation Store and prepare yourself for a good time.
In the coming weeks we’ll be upgrading the Beta a lot. You can expect a new map, new vehicles, new weapons, 32 player max matches and more. Remember, this is STILL a Beta, not a Demo. We are actively finding and fixing problems – and we need your feedback.
The Starhawk Beta will not last forever. When we’re done testing it will go “bye-bye”… and so I wrote a poem to illustrate my point…
The Starhawk Serenade
If you don’t try Starhawk you’ll be sad,
While your friends are having fun you’ll be mad,
It’s such an easy download,
Your head may explode!
There’s so much d&*#*! fun to be had!
You WILL be sad if you miss out! Don’t be sad Live a little! Do it….dooooo it…
For you new players here are a bunch of handy tips…
- You can post your bug feedback by logging into the Starhawk Beta forums using your PSN ID
- Check the fan-made Starhawk wiki for info
- Check the Lightbox Beta news for updates and tips
We realize that a lot of new players will be jumping in. Here are some tips to help you along:
- Kill to Build, Build to Kill. Kill enemies to get more Rift Energy to build more stuff to kill more enemies
- Glowing Rift Barrels can be shot to collect more Rift Energy
- DO NOT repeatedly build the same structures. Things like Garages or Launch Pads allow you to create new Vehicles without building a new structure
- If you stay in the vicinity of your base area and Rift Extractor you will auto-magically collect Rift Energy
- Each structure does something specific. Discover their purpose!
- Most all the structures have a glowing yellow panel. If you go up to one you will be prompted to either create a new vehicle or remove the building. Removing repeat buildings is a great way to get your structure cap level under the max
- Use mics for the best experience….and sometimes to learn a few new words.
- Pick your Skill wisely. You can also change them during a match during respawn. Remember that you need enough XP points AND the listed prerequisite for a Skill to unlock
TOP 10 STARHAWK BETA TIPS FROM REAL BETA PLAYERS
- Wall Spam, What Is It Good For? Absolutely Nothing! If you place a ton of walls they will suck up structure cap space – and the enemy will fly over them anyway! Use them intelligently. Look to create choke points and use them efficiently. It’s very tempting to build them as they are relatively cheap and they scratch the “build a base” itch. Stand firm! Avoid spamming the battlefield with unwanted clutter! – From H-BOMM
- Take My Knife, Please! When you’re knifing an enemy try to jump and knife at the same time. You can also get higher (stand on a rock, etc). – From Warhawk Starhawk
- Sniper Time! If you aim the LR-3 Railgun for a long period of time the laser will show and your location will be revealed. Use it quick to avoid detection. – From Matt-Moore
- Choose Your Friends Wisely! Working as a team is absolutely critical have a shot at winning. Teamwork is key. – From Outast_Graves
- Mic Up! Use your mic. Encourage your friends to use their mics and work together for optimal fun. – From Sharp Dagger
- For The Love Of God, RUN! Press R2 to run. Do it always. Never walk. Always run. Run, run, run. – From TuckTay
- Enemy Mine! The mines are magnetic…you can stick them to your Hawk or Razorback. Get close enough to enemy Hawks or Razorbacks and they will “jump” onto them and explode. – From Seven11
- To Build Or Not To Build If you need a Razorback or a Mech look around your base first. Don’t build another structure if they are there already. Run up to the yellow panel and build the vehicle. – From SmokScr
- Sell You Down The River You can sell and remove most buildings by using the yellow control panel on each one. Just run up to it, choose to “remove” and down it comes – From Ikeler
- Bite The Hand That Feeds If you EVER see a player with the handles LBI (insert name here) or SONY (insert name here) kill, kill, kill…. – From RobbieK
Here are the Starhawk Beta controller layouts for your viewing pleasure:
For those new players out there a couple of top down maps to help you get your bearings on the action….