Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 2:00pm

MotorStorm RC Out Now on PS3 and PS Vita

MotorStorm RC has very humble beginnings. It started out as a simple concept we were playing around with during lunch times; a pet project to challenge each other to set the fastest times, originally using post-its on the wall as a low-fi leaderboard!

Through a lot of love, care and attention RC has been transformed into the most exciting and addictive racing game we’ve ever created and it gives me great pleasure to finally be able to share that experience with you all — MotorStorm RC is available now for both PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 3 from the European PlayStation Store, and if you pay once you get both.

See how much fun it is for yourself by picking up the free trial on the PlayStation Store, and check out the extremely rare vehicles while you’re there, if that sort of thing takes your fancy.

See how much fun it is for yourself by picking up the free trial, and take a look at our MotorStorm RC launch trailer:

So much to do!

MotorStorm RC revisits the extreme locations its bigger brother’s put on the map: battling around the rocks and mesas of Monument Valley, crashing through jungles and tearing up the sandy beaches of Pacific Rift, sliding across ice sheets and barrelling down the mountains of Arctic Edge, and weaving through a city ruined by Apocalypse.

MotorStorm RC For PSN And PSVita

Race 8 classic MotorStorm vehicle types, ranging from the off-road Buggies to the lightning-fast Super Cars, and take on a full festival championship with dozens of events and medals to earn.

As you rise to become the champion of every event, you will compete in wheel-to-wheel racing with 8 vehicles on the track at a time, you’ll also be faced with three other game types: ‘Drift’, where you need to power slide for as many points as possible, ‘Pursuit’, where you need to move your way up the grid to first place from the back of the back as fast as possible and Hot Lap, the classic race against the clock for the fastest single lap time.

Outside of the Festival you can race at your own leisure in Free-Play or fight for fractions of a second in the fiercely competitive world of Time Attack, and MotorStorm RC on your PlayStation 3 serves up some good old fashioned split-screen multiplayer action for up to 4 players.

Race your way…

Because of the unique way MotorStorm RC was made, picking it up on either the PlayStation Vita or PlayStation 3 makes it available for the other platform at no extra cost. Not only does this give you great value, it means that all progress, lap times, unlocks, medals and trophies that have been achieved on one version are synchronised to the other, allowing you to take your game with you wherever you go, picking up where you left off.

MotorStorm RC For PSN And PSVita

Old-school racing for the connected generation…

MotorStorm RC embraces the classic arcade racing styles that make the genre so iconic and brings it right up-to-date. With online leaderboards for every event, track and vehicle you can compete against your friends and the rest of the world with ease, no matter what your favourite race is.

The ‘Pitwall’ is the home of your RC community, a constant supply of up-to-the-second updates of your friends’ progress. See their victories, their defeats and, most importantly, challenge them to beat your own times. The Pitwall will alert you when your friends set faster times than you, so the competition never lets up.
The ethos of MotorStorm RC’s competitive play has always been convenience and, with leaderboard challenges between friends and Cross-Play across both Vita and PlayStation 3, it’s never been easier to beat your mates, no matter what platform you’re playing on or what time of day it is.

So much more for you to discover…

With a wide range of vehicles to collect and customise, a playground to explore and a Platinum Trophy to chase down, there’s plenty more for you to go out and discover in MotorStorm RC. On top of all that, for PlayStation 3 there are a few little extras: 1080p HD visuals; stereoscopic 3D; SimulView same-screen multiplayer and classic 4-player split-screen multiplayer.

The game is just the start!

We want you to enjoy MotorStorm RC for a long time, so we’re cooking up additional Festival Championships which will extend the campaign and intensify your rivalries, and introducing extra sets of RC vehicles to expand your collection of stunning micro off-roaders. There are a couple of Rare vehicles raring to go when you pick up the game (only available until March 7th), so make sure to check them out if that sort of thing takes your fancy!

You’ll hear more about what else is coming closer to the time, so make sure your attention is locked on to the PlayStation.Blog, and to make sure you never miss a beat join MotorStorm RC on facebook and follow @MotorStormRC on twitter.

I really hope you enjoy playing MotorStorm RC and I look forward to watching new rivalries emerge and competing with you all via the Pitwall!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

87 Comments 38 Author replies
Show oldest first

great

Phenom_Evolution 22 February, 2012 @ 2:26 pm

Hope you pick up MotorStorm RC and enjoy competing with friends and rivalries worldwide! :-)

wheres the online racing? Beating lap times is so 1999. I wont to race against my friends on ps3

Phenom_Evolution 22 February, 2012 @ 2:37 pm

I’d urge you to give the trial a go. The online racing in MotorStorm RC plays really well – it’s extremely competitive, intense and exciting.

You can also race wheel-to-wheel on PS3 with split-screen multiplayer for up to 4-players or SimulView multiplayer for 2-players.

grimbarian 22 February, 2012 @ 2:19 pm   3

This is exactly the type of thing I love to see from developers. Something that was being done for their own amusement and a bit of fun – turned into a beautiful, sensibly priced product.

Well done guys – I will certainly be downloading this – even though I actually don’t like the motorstorm series. (Sorry)

Same screen multiplayer and split screen multiplayer – get in! Mates together jostling each other for fun and knocking the controllers out of their hands (If you’re ‘that’ type). Reminds me of crowding round the old spectrum keyboard for stock car racing…..

Phenom_Evolution 22 February, 2012 @ 3:04 pm

Thank you! Hopefully you’ll get on better with MotorStorm RC than you have the previous MotorStorms, it’s quite a different experience.

We’ve always loved the classic ‘on the sofa’ multiplayer. It’s a great way to play games and the banter and competition is a lot of fun in itself. :-)

Catkiller1 22 February, 2012 @ 2:34 pm   4

Definitely picking this up today ;)

Quality, fun title at little cost, what more could we ask for?

It’s good to see that some staff members reply to posts too!

Cyberendpunk 22 February, 2012 @ 2:38 pm   5

What have you done to my Motorstorm! It’s like turning a lion into a Kitty-cat :o You know what it does look adorable. reminds me of a similar game I enjoyed on the Sega MegaDrive.

Phenom_Evolution 22 February, 2012 @ 2:46 pm

It’s got the heart of a lion though, check out the free trial and see if it gets its claws into you. :-)

wow so cheap,will buy it for my ps3.
some day I will play it on a vita probably, when I buy one xD

jonny_hart_digit 22 February, 2012 @ 2:39 pm   7

on this one tonight if I can put uncharted down.

Darkscorpius 22 February, 2012 @ 2:45 pm   8

Spent a couple of hours last night playing the demo. I had a ton of fun trying to beat some of Jame’s
times. Driving the buggy on snow did melt me a bit tho lol. Was gonna hold out for a US release but I think I’ll be dowloading it later. Hours of fun, addictive gameplay,full HD, 3D, a platinum trophy and
cross platform play for less than a fiver? What’s not to like?

Phenom_Evolution 22 February, 2012 @ 2:57 pm

Exactly! :-)

James Gallagher 22 February, 2012 @ 3:04 pm

For some reason I’m doing better on the Arctic Edge levels than any others – I’m 17th on the leaderboards for those. I can see you on my tail though!

SzczurekPB 22 February, 2012 @ 2:50 pm   9

I’ve bought it yesterday. It’s fantastic :)

Buy it and support Evolution Studios! :)

Bought this for the PS3 last night, was loving it so much I’ve just impulse purchased a Vita. Great work.

Phenom_Evolution 22 February, 2012 @ 3:00 pm

That was quite an impulse! Glad you’re enjoying it! Now you have the best of both worlds. :-)

Purchased it last night too, loving it so far. Definitely a perfect game to play on the Vita. Hopefully we’ll one day see a fully fledged Motorstorm game on the Vita.. ;)

James Gallagher 22 February, 2012 @ 3:01 pm   12

I was sitting proud in the top ten of the overall leaderboard this time yesterday but I’ve dropped to 25th now and am plummeting by the minute! Still 9th on the Slip-Hop event though – two places higher than you Rushy, I might add!

Bought this for PS3 yesterday and I’m really enjoying it, however the trophies haven’t been uploaded to the server so they don’t sync … somebody nudge the person in charge.

bought this last night for my vita but started on ps3 while i waited to get vita, really liked it but can se that plat being difficult :)

Phenom_Evolution 22 February, 2012 @ 3:17 pm

It’s difficult for sure, but with a little determination it can be achieved quite quickly. Good luck!

raz_lintu 22 February, 2012 @ 3:07 pm   15

Bought it last night and I’ve been playing this morning. Still trying to get the hang of taking tight corners, but having a ton of fun. Can’t wait for the DLC too :)

Phenom_Evolution 22 February, 2012 @ 3:21 pm

Awesome – thank you! The best approach to corners depends on the vehicle class and the surface you’re racing on, but in general you’ll do well by letting off the accelerator and either pumping it or tapping the brakes to get you around the corner cleanly. :-)

I bought this last night, I’ve loved everything about this game from the first announcement to the price and I’m glad to say the gameplay lived up to every expectation.
Wonderful to see such a well polished and fun game released in a perfect way, can’t wait to get a Vita to play it on there as well.

PS- I’ll keep an eye out for names off here on the leaderboards

Phenom_Evolution 22 February, 2012 @ 3:35 pm

Really glad to hear that the game lived up to your expectations. Keep an eye out for Phenom_Evolution, Rushy_Evolution and other Team Evolution times in the game too. :-)

First of all let me thank you for answering all the doubts and posts.

This is a definitely pick later today, I’ve always enjoyed RC racing cars and this one will not be an exception. I like the way you’ve incorporated some aspects from Re-Volt and MicroMachines and mixed all up together with a beautiful result.

Three questions:

1 – Will we ever have online multiplayer races ?

2 – How will it work for Vita ? If I buy it from PS3 store, can I simply redownload it to my Vita (whenever I get one) from the store ?

3 – Will the trophies synchronize between the two platforms, so when you earn a trophy, will it be added to both trophy lists, with the same timestamp ? OR will they pop, while loading a save game or so ?

Thanks and keep up the good work :D

Phenom_Evolution 22 February, 2012 @ 4:19 pm

1 – While it was something we would have liked to do, MotorStorm RC was designed purely around the Pitwall and the competitive online play that it brings. And given the fact that it was developed by a small team, it’s unlikely that you’ll see online multiplayer added to the game.

You’ll have to see for yourself just how well the Pitwall keeps up the same level of excitement and competition. From my experience, the challenges, the rival racing arrows and the live leaderboards are a perfect fit for the game. They make it feel alive and exciting, all the time. You’ll be able to get a good taste of it in the trial.

2 – When you download the game (or any add-ons) from PlayStation.Store, you will be entitled to the game (or add-on) on the other platform too. To get both, you simply use your download history list on the Store.

3 – Your MotorStorm RC cross-save is synchronised when you fire up the game. At this point, any of the Trophies that you earned on the other platform will be synchronised to your profile (bringing both lists to the same level).

Thanks, we really hope you enjoy the game!

manutreble 22 February, 2012 @ 3:13 pm   18

i wish I had the money to get a vita but my bday is only 3 months away gettin it than hopeful it looks so awesome MSRC

Phenom_Evolution 22 February, 2012 @ 4:22 pm

Play MotorStorm RC on the PS3 until your Birthday – it’s every bit as good on the PS3 as it is on the PSVita – and there’s a free trial.

Then, when you get a PSVita for your Birthday you’ll be able to download the game without paying any more for it to play anytime, anywhere. :-)

Vita arrived this morning with Rayman on card, as soon as I get back from work and have access to my home WIFI i’ll be purchasing this first then Escape plan & wipeout 2048.

Might get round to playing the other 2 in a week or 2!

Phenom_Evolution 22 February, 2012 @ 4:23 pm

Wow, sounds like you’ll be in PSVita heaven when you get home today. Enjoy MotorStorm RC! :-D

this actually has 3d support??
nice, since I am gonna buy a 3d tv soon xD

Phenom_Evolution 22 February, 2012 @ 4:25 pm

Of course it does, Evolution Studios is a world leader in Stereoscopic 3D gaming. I’d also recommend picking up MotorStorm Apocalypse, Killzone 3 and Uncharted when you get your 3DTV, if you haven’t already got them. They’re AMAZING in 3D!

@17

when you buy it adds 3 things to your download list/

the ps3 trial
ps3 unlock
vita version

is the ps3 version online. as in me and my gf have 2 ps3s and can we buy two and race online. (hope u understod what i ment?)

Phenom_Evolution 22 February, 2012 @ 4:27 pm

You can only compete with one another via your personal best times, using the Pitwall and the leaderboards. Get the trial on each of your PS3′s and play them at the same time; you’ll see how it works.

KillerXp82 22 February, 2012 @ 3:19 pm   23

Well I was totally not expecting to enjoy this game but the demo won me over pretty quickly & the price is great ^_^

Great job guys!

Phenom_Evolution 22 February, 2012 @ 4:29 pm

Glad you liked the demo! There’s a lot more in the full-game; really hope you enjoy everything that it has to offer! :-D

manutreble 22 February, 2012 @ 3:22 pm   24

James watch out for ur times on MSRC & wipeout 2048 in 3 months times :)

poor graphics otherwise fun gameplay.

johnnyquicknives 22 February, 2012 @ 3:33 pm   26

Had so much fun with this last night. Hot laps are stupidly addictive and kudos to evolution/sony for bucking the recent trend for overpricing games on psn.

Chrisinator 22 February, 2012 @ 3:38 pm   27

I can’t sync my trophy’s for Motorstorm RC for PS3 last night and PS Vita today? It’s not working… :S

guitardevil6 22 February, 2012 @ 3:40 pm   28

Bought this yesterday and have been playing it feverishly! Trying to slash point seconds off my time is frustrating, and yet addictive haha

Already 85 medals in, I just can’t stop! Looking forward to the DLC :D

Phenom_Evolution 22 February, 2012 @ 4:36 pm

The medals get harder to pick up as you get further through the Festival…but by that point you’ll be a pro with every vehicle anyway!

Most of the fun is in fighting to slash fractions of a second of your best times – especially when doing so puts you ahead of your friends and rivals. ;-)

Spartanspur 22 February, 2012 @ 3:55 pm   29

Best deal on Vita hands down!!

Great work guys on a great game with fantastic pricing. Love the cross play and buy once get both. Other developers take note.

Hope you get the sales you deserve.

Now get working on bringing an Apocalypse game to Vita :-p

Phenom_Evolution 22 February, 2012 @ 4:44 pm

A lot of effort went into MotorStorm RC, so on behalf of the Evolution Studios team, thank you for your kind words. :-)

mr_xzibit 22 February, 2012 @ 3:57 pm   30

can you help me. Without spoiling anything for anyone. I have an orange ball shaped car. If I dunk it in both baskets will I be rewarded? Having some trouble with the hoop in the court! Am I on the right track?

Phenom_Evolution 22 February, 2012 @ 4:45 pm

Nice! Try dunking it (or any other vehicle) in both baskets without leaving the Playground inbetween. ;-)

Spartanspur 22 February, 2012 @ 3:59 pm   31

Best deal on Vita hands down!

A great game and an even better deal. Love the low low price and the buy once get both. Other developers should take note…

Hope you guys get the sales you deserve. I got it day one!

Now get to making an Apocalypse game on Vita already :-p

well the play and go feature works great i just loaded vita version and got my trophy from last night and am exactly where i left off, well done :)

JOSH250195 22 February, 2012 @ 4:18 pm   33

Is it a ps vita only demo or both
Looks fun

Phenom_Evolution 22 February, 2012 @ 4:49 pm

You can play the trial and the full-game on either just as easily. Having both just means that you can play the game more conveniently, whenever and wherever you go. :-)

grimbarian 22 February, 2012 @ 4:33 pm   34

The overwhelmingly positive response from people who have already played it – coupled with the developers actually spending the time to respond to people and answer their queries on here – has convinced me.

Stuff the demo, I’m just gonna buy it. :-)

im destroying my ps3 times from last night on the vita, gotta say i much prefer the dual stick vita controls over the ps3 r2 accelerate.

you guys rock

Catkiller1 22 February, 2012 @ 4:36 pm   36

@ Phenom_Evolution

Please can you clarify the dates & prices for the announced DLC packs? Pro-Am & Carnival!

Phenom_Evolution 22 February, 2012 @ 4:57 pm

The details of all add-ons and expansions will be announced here on PlayStation Blog closer to the time, as well as via @MotorStormRC on twitter.com and facebook.com/MotorStormRC

Catkiller1 22 February, 2012 @ 4:38 pm   37

@ Hayzink

Can’t you change the controls on PS3 to use the sticks to accelerate & brake etc?

@catkiller1

doh! never checked tbh lol

when your starting it gives you a tutorial where you select your control method and it was not there so i just assumed it was not, there may infact be a way to change it.

Catkiller1 22 February, 2012 @ 4:50 pm   39

@ Hayzink

You silly boo boo ;)

I’ll check when I return home from an interesting day at work, to say the least!

Phenom_Evolution,
yeay I have uncharted3 and killzone3, will also buy motorstorm apocalypse probably xD

fjernbetjening 22 February, 2012 @ 5:11 pm   41

I’m definately gonna buy this!

Fantastic job with the game and the pricing guys ;-)

AKGermany 22 February, 2012 @ 5:14 pm   42

Really great value for the money, a very pleasant surprise.

What control method do the designers use? Regular or alternative? I prefer alternative myself.

Phenom_Evolution 22 February, 2012 @ 10:28 pm

There’s quite a divide at the studio. Personally, I use regular and I’ve customised my config. on PS3 to match the default on PSVita (with accelerating and braking on the right stick) – almost like the real sport. :-)

BloodMountain88 22 February, 2012 @ 5:52 pm   43

It would be nice if someone from Sony or Evolution Studios could at least acknowledge that they are aware of the trophy syncing issue for this game – syncing trophies after playing the PS3 version of the game brings up the 80022D68 error code.

Enjoyed what I’ve played of the game so far – just hope the trophy syncing issue is sorted out sooner rather than later.

Phenom_Evolution 22 February, 2012 @ 6:48 pm

We’re looking into the reports of Trophy synchronisation errors.

It doesn’t appear to be a widespread issue, so any info you can provide to pinpoint the cause and help us in our investigation would be greatly appreciated.

@ BloodMountain
mine synced without problem. Perhaps it relates to one particular trophy rather than trophies for the game in general?

KillerXp82 22 February, 2012 @ 7:04 pm   45

I just notice the vita version is bigger (684mb) & the ps3 version is 600mb, why is this?

BloodMountain88 22 February, 2012 @ 7:06 pm   46

@Phenom_Evolution, thanks for the reply.

As I said, I’m currently getting error code 80022D68 when I’m attempting to sync my trophies on my PS3. I’ve been getting this error code since I downloaded and started playing Motorstorm RC last night (Tuesday 21st Feb). I’ve currently only unlocked the ‘The Triple’ and ‘Storm Chaser’ trophies. I’ve checked my trophy list by signing into my PSN/SEN account on the Playstation website, and it currently isn’t listing an entry for M:RC. Due to not having a Vita, I’ve currently only been playing the PS3 version of the game.

I think that’s all the information I can really give in terms of my experience with the issue. There is currently a topic on the Playstation forums where other people have been reporting the same issue as well.

greekgoddj 22 February, 2012 @ 7:24 pm   47

Got this last night on the PS3 and LOVE it…! I WISH it had head to head mode too

Got to admit, I was sceptical about this at first (a big change of pace for a MotorStorm game!), but I’m now a total convert. :D In the absence of a certain set of Machines of the Micro variety that they used to make games about, this fills a very welcome niche!

Groovy music in the video too, which always helps. I’m one trophy away from platinumming Apocalypse (those collectable cards are so sneakily hidden… :P), so having RC on the scene is perfect timing for me to move on to a new trophy-hunting project. :)

Phenom_Evolution 22 February, 2012 @ 10:34 pm

We have fond memories of those machines too, as well as other classic racing games of the top-down variety. :-)

Good luck tracking down the Platinum Trophy for MotorStorm RC. It’s easier to obtain than “The Big One” in Apocalypse. I hope you’re able to add both of them to your collection eventually. :-D

@Phenom_Evolution – I’m assuming that the issue is that the trophy list for the PS3 version has not been uploaded to the trophy server. Whilst I am not getting an error code when I try to sync my trophies, any trophies earned from Motorstorm RC do not show up on my profile and do not add to my total trophies earned amount. This effectively means that every time I click on my profile or trophy collection icons on the XMB it will attempt to sync trophies again.

This is not the first game that has had this happen, so do not think it is just your game that has this issue (it happened a few months ago with the Arkedo PSN games and it was purely down to the trophy lists not being uploaded. I honestly don’t understand why the trophy lists for new games are not uploaded before the items are available to buy from the store.)

Hopefully this will be rectified sooner rather than later.

Phenom_Evolution 22 February, 2012 @ 10:34 pm

Thanks for sharing this info with us, I’ll pass it on to the team to help resolve this as quickly as possible.

Arkeologen 22 February, 2012 @ 8:24 pm   50

Played last night on the PS3. One of these “just one more go” games that is really great!
Can’t wait to try it out on my Vita.

Reminds me a lot of “Ivan ‘Ironman’ Stewart’s Super Off-Road” that I used to play on my Atari ST.

Phenom_Evolution 22 February, 2012 @ 10:36 pm

That was a great game!

It certainly is one of those “just one more go” games, where in actual fact you end up having dozens! Luckily, if you have the PSVita you can have more goes by taking it with you when you leave your PS3. ;-)

Load all