Posted 2:01pm

BioShock Infinite PS3 Release Date Announced

BioShock Infinite

Greetings PlayStation Nation! Today, the team at Irrational Games is proud to announce that BioShock Infinite will be released on PS3 internationally on October 19th, 2012. Our President and Creative Director Ken Levine has been talking about the game for years now and, like the rest of the Irrational Games team, he’s thrilled that we can finally share the game’s final release date. “After BioShock, we had a vision for a follow up that dwarfed the original in scope and ambition,” he told me. “BioShock Infinite has been our sole focus for the last four years, and we can’t wait for fans to get their hands on it.”

The game will support the PlayStation Move motion controller and we’ll have further details to share on how it will work soon. In addition the US release will also get a free copy of the original BioShock, while we’re still to hear whether the same good news applies to the EU. In the meantime, you can visit IrrationalGames.com to learn more about the game, or pre-order to ensure you get your copy on October 19th.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

24 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

geddesmond2 1 March, 2012 @ 2:16 pm   1

There is only 2 or 3 great games releasing this year and Bioshock Infinite is one of them. Can’t wait, I know what I’ll be playing at holloween

Alex-1124 1 March, 2012 @ 2:24 pm   2

Wooo 232 days to go! I cannot wait (evidently I am going to have a long wait but woooo!).

Catkiller1 1 March, 2012 @ 2:38 pm   3

A free copy of the original Bioshock….count me in! ;)

Some Bioshock psvita news soon?

MP_is_for_Chumps 1 March, 2012 @ 2:54 pm   5

Thanks to everyone at Irrational for this show of respect to the PlayStation platform. We really appreciate you going out of your way to include these sweet features in BioShock 3 which take advantage of PS3′s unique abilities.

No Thanks – you know who you are.

this and tomb raider are my most anticipated games of the year

KylieDog 1 March, 2012 @ 2:59 pm   7

Let us see how long this extra content promise lasts, Battlefield 3 and Saints Row 3 promised exclusive content and both removed it after MS poked their noses in.

MP_is_for_Chumps 1 March, 2012 @ 3:00 pm   8

*Infinite

jetpacksheep 1 March, 2012 @ 3:08 pm   9

the benefits of getting this on PS3 are insanely good, irrational is really supporting the console

And this is why Irratonal Games are one of the most respected game dev in the industry.

fluffy-rabbid 1 March, 2012 @ 3:22 pm   11

100% preorder, wonder if there will be a limited edition!

ALhammadi51 1 March, 2012 @ 3:34 pm   12

_______________________________________________________________oo_

DAYDANNY666 1 March, 2012 @ 6:39 pm   16

LOL comment 15 the best

Erorrless 1 March, 2012 @ 7:35 pm   17

GOTY 2012 confirmed

FrostScythe1 1 March, 2012 @ 9:18 pm   18

Bioshock Free? considering me pre-order straight away!

residentSteve 2 March, 2012 @ 6:18 am   19

Never really liked bio shock it’s over rated the games Iam looking forward to later this year are tomb raider reboot assassins creed 3 and resident evil 6.

Martssabre1 2 March, 2012 @ 8:26 am   20

have both on 360 but with free copy of part 1 its ps3 this time round.

one of my favourite quotes is from Bioshock

“The artist reflects the world as it ought to be not as its damned to be by some spasm of the lower mind” – Andrew Ryan

that quote alone fueled a full years work worth of art at final year at uni

what i really appreciate was the socio-political message of the series – using McCarthy style fascism as a means of expressing discontent at what was occuring in the US at the time of their development – the whole if you aren’t with us you are against us is the main reason i now live in Europe

Bioshock is visually stunning and disturbing at the same time, not exactly a horror game yet it is – the only game that kept me uncomfortaby on edge while playing it – can’t wait for infinite – it’s the only game trailer I’ve ever screamed in delight at

Andrew4d 3 March, 2012 @ 7:38 pm   22

cannot wait!

he-kale 4 March, 2012 @ 2:54 pm   23

Kan niet w8ten

chaz14583sr 10 March, 2012 @ 8:41 pm   24

I love Bioshock 1 and 2, I love the look of this one, October here I come!!